Author Topic: The Attack  (Read 394513 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: The Attack
« Reply #1640 on: December 21, 2014, 06:54:50 pm »
One clinical finisher is all we need.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1641 on: December 21, 2014, 06:56:52 pm »
One clinical finisher is all we need.

I'd prefer to have 2 or 3, like the top teams.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1642 on: December 21, 2014, 06:57:24 pm »
I know what you're saying but Raheem is still playing as the focal point, the biggest goalscoring threat we've looked all season, bar the Spurs game, was the 2nd half at Old Trafford.

Personally I thought our performance level dropped off in the Utd game when Balotelli came on

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1643 on: December 21, 2014, 06:58:49 pm »

Beggars can't be choosers.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1644 on: December 21, 2014, 07:11:35 pm »
Been saying it all along. Pace up front will turn us into the same team we were last year. We need Sturridge back and another fast striker up top and we will be great.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1645 on: December 21, 2014, 07:15:14 pm »
Been saying it all along. Pace up front will turn us into the same team we were last year. We need Sturridge back and another fast striker up top and we will be great.

Still won't be able to defend though.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #1646 on: December 21, 2014, 07:20:07 pm »

Well, err, sure. I'd prefer my girlfriend to want threesomes too. Lets be realistic for now, and just hope that the one that we have is fit and firing in the new year. It'll make a massive difference. I honestly think Sturrdige's return could see the return of the diamond and finally Balotelli, under less pressure to fire could get going. I think there's one hell of a player in there.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: December 21, 2014, 07:23:00 pm »
Still won't be able to defend though.

If and when we can, I honestly think Skrtel and Lovren need to be dropped. Toure and Sakho are the two decent and good center halves at this club. No Johnson, get in a proper RB or play the Spanish kid. Moreno at LB. Get in a proper keeper, no mucking about.

I definitely think there are weaknesses in the way Rodgers sets up a defense, but Skrtel for one has been making the same mistakes for more than half a decade here. Johnson's utterly useless, and they are somehow automatic choices when fit for us? We need stability at the back...a settled center half partnership and a decent keeper. I think a big part of rectifying that will be getting a new keeper. If we're to get 1 player in January, I'd hope we get a keeper, cause there's 2 supremely talented ones available at the minute.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1648 on: December 21, 2014, 08:03:32 pm »
What do we do with Balotelli? Do we give him a chance or not? I think we should give him some minutes against Burnley as an attacking winger.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: December 21, 2014, 08:04:18 pm »
What do we do with Balotelli? Do we give him a chance or not? I think we should give him some minutes against Burnley as an attacking winger.

I thought we were shitter against Utd with him. What we should do is sell him.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: December 21, 2014, 08:05:25 pm »

Agree with this. Just cut our losses Robbie Keane style. Keane was a better transfer and all

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: December 21, 2014, 08:28:19 pm »
Unless we plan on making Sterling play a stupid amount of minutes in a short time, which we probably will do, Balotelli will be needed.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1652 on: December 21, 2014, 09:22:48 pm »

Keep him, play him in a front 2, he will come good in my opinion and it would do him good to be able to play upfront with a strike partner. Hasn't even been with us a season, still far too early to write him off

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1653 on: December 21, 2014, 09:52:45 pm »
Lallana and Markovic are gonna go to the next level once we manage to field somebody upfront of Sturridge`s quality and style of play. Having somebody who can dominate upfront will open up a lot of good options for us. It`s great to see the two of them finding their feet slowly but surely and improving with every game.

At one point I even wondered have we perhaps grossly overestimated their abilities but the last few games they look proper Liverpool players to me. Also really proud of my compatriot Markovic`s improvement as I`m desperate for him to do well and represent my country in the best possible way on and off the pitch.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1654 on: December 21, 2014, 09:52:51 pm »
A cold reminder of the cruel reality. Here is the Premier League top scorers table as of today, including everyone who scored more than 3 goals:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Only three teams are not represented in that table - Aston Villa, QPR and... Liverpool.  :(

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #1655 on: December 21, 2014, 10:16:29 pm »
A cold reminder of the cruel reality. Here is the Premier League top scorers table as of today, including everyone who scored more than 3 goals:

Only three teams are not represented in that table - Aston Villa, QPR and... Liverpool.  :(

Sterling will be there on Friday after his double against Burnley.

It does say a lot though and it's obviously been the big problem but it looks like we have moved back in the right direction.. Suspect there's goals coming for us.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1656 on: December 21, 2014, 11:17:33 pm »
How fucking sensational was Coutinho. Shame he only got the 1 goal, but man, if everyone else had played even close to the level he played today, we would have done fucking well. Great player.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #1657 on: December 21, 2014, 11:22:49 pm »

We MUST sell him - he's shite - doesn't work, try, assist, score, he's a gross waste of money and a negative cancer on our club.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: December 21, 2014, 11:22:56 pm »
On the other hand if we had anyone on our team who was clinical. That player would hit 20 goals per season easily. The players we have now can't seem to score to save their lives. 

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: December 21, 2014, 11:28:32 pm »
How fucking sensational was Coutinho. Shame he only got the 1 goal, but man, if everyone else had played even close to the level he played today, we would have done fucking well. Great player.

Coutinho is looking for the ball and he tries to make things happen. Exactly the kind of things I want to see when the team doesn't function. No hiding. There are some more, but so far the effect hasn't been as big as necessary. Still need some more to follow Coutinho's example.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1660 on: December 21, 2014, 11:30:24 pm »
Sell Balotelli and spend the money on getting his midfield equal, Ars Bandeet.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: December 22, 2014, 12:09:01 am »

Charlie fucking Austin has 11 goals ? Seriously ?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1662 on: December 22, 2014, 12:12:01 am »

Yes. Something to consider when we think some of our new players are doing alright.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1663 on: December 22, 2014, 12:27:58 am »

Nobody, and i mean fucking nobody tell our transfer committee that  ;D

:'( :'( :'(

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1664 on: December 22, 2014, 12:36:08 am »
Coutinho is looking for the ball and he tries to make things happen. Exactly the kind of things I want to see when the team doesn't function. No hiding. There are some more, but so far the effect hasn't been as big as necessary. Still need some more to follow Coutinho's example.

I'd go a step further to say he is making things happen. The first 30 minutes was a masterclass!

Shame Sterling wasn't quite on the same wavelength as Coutinho + Markovic + Sahkho + Lucas tore it up in that first half. Honestly as good as I saw us last year in those positions imho.

We could have scored 5 or more in this one without too much trouble if Sterling Lallana Henderson were at the top of their games (not that I was unhappy with them, well, other than Hendo)

But Coutinho has done some great things this season. And the whole team was wonderful at moving the ball forward with purpose against Arsenal

I think that first 30 is actually a big step forward for us

think wed get more goals with Can in the place of Henderson or Gerrard though

Question for now though is... where does Sterling play when Struridge eventually returns. Id think it is where either Lallana or Henderson played?

Countinho has to be an ever starter now for me

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1665 on: December 22, 2014, 01:16:47 am »
Yes. Something to consider when we think some of our new players are doing alright.

It's surreal mate.

Nobody, and i mean fucking nobody tell our transfer committee that  ;D

:'( :'( :'(

Dear god, no. Let's not make the same mistakes again.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1666 on: December 22, 2014, 02:36:42 am »
Coutinho as the number 10 was as close to perfection as possible yesterday. If only he hadnt fluffed one of the 2 shots he had in the 2nd half.
Markovic was class: what quite a few of us have been saying since ages. This lad will tear teams apart, if he gets gametime. Lallana I thought was good, not sensational, but did well. Sterling seemed a bit quiet today in the first half, possibly because he was playing CF and the ball wasnt reaching him enough.
With all this creativity, we need a quality striker, and the goals will come.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: December 22, 2014, 03:00:44 am »
Only saw the first half but big phil was always showing for the ball and showed real leadership imo

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: December 22, 2014, 03:04:39 am »
Markovic is certainly getting better. But are getting the best of him at left wing back? He can be more dangerous further up on the right. Outside right perhaps?
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: December 22, 2014, 03:24:54 am »
Markovic is certainly getting better. But are getting the best of him at left wing back? He can be more dangerous further up on the right. Outside right perhaps?
Sure, it could be changed up; Lallana is mobile enough imo to play WB and Markovic has the pace to get in behind, so  we do have that option, but honestly it's just good to be excited to watch Liverpool play again.

Btw, watching Coutinho is an absolute pleasure - he wouldn't look out of place in Barcelona's midfield.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: December 22, 2014, 03:29:37 am »
Markovic is coming on nicely. We just need a striker.

Coutinho please try to place the shots rather than power it home. When he placed it in the first half, we scored.

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1671 on: December 22, 2014, 03:30:46 am »
I have given Markymarc plenty of stick because I felt he was overwhelmed by the physical prem, but he wouldn't be the first to be taken aback and taking him out of the firing line for a gradual reintroduction here seems to be working, basel borough and arsenal are not hugely physical teams mind, but he has clearly looked much better and although his young age and inexperience seems to cough up the ball once in a while, still it adds a new dimension to this funky blend of magicians and speedsters and speedy magicians the LMC Esses With Lucas hitting the stage shortly great new band its got a great beat and you can dance to it.

That shit will get you a goal. a goal, a goal at last whoo hoo water in the desert.

Borini's brainwaves must be mapped for science although I truly admire his intensity about everything.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: December 22, 2014, 03:33:16 am »
Btw, watching Coutinho is an absolute pleasure - he wouldn't look out of place in Barcelona's midfield.

Certainly is more crucial to us than most of the other guaranteed starters atm. Think he will hit league POTY form at some point in his career with us

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1673 on: December 22, 2014, 03:34:56 am »
The man wont move if a tiger chased him, but I think Balotelli should come straight into the team for the next few games, until January starts- when something happens in the striker department. Would put Sterling where Lallana plays- Lallana has done well, but at the end of the day someone has to score goals. Would like us to continue with the 3-4-3, although we are shite at the back, because in the last 3 games, we have created more chances than probably 10 games put together before that. I try to be optimistic, we are attacking beautifully without the end product, but atleast something is starting to click.
I think this type of football will give us goals against Burnley and Leicester. Vs Swansea we need to be a bit more stable at the back.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: December 22, 2014, 03:39:38 am »
The man wont move if a tiger chased him, but I think Balotelli should come straight into the team for the next few games, until January starts- when something happens in the striker department. Would put Sterling where Lallana plays- Lallana has done well, but at the end of the day someone has to score goals. Would like us to continue with the 3-4-3, although we are shite at the back, because in the last 3 games, we have created more chances than probably 10 games put together before that. I try to be optimistic, we are attacking beautifully without the end product, but atleast something is starting to click.
I think this type of football will give us goals against Burnley and Leicester. Vs Swansea we need to be a bit more stable at the back.
Agreed on everything especially on Sterling in the Lallana role. This formation will do Balotelli a lot of good having runners on either side of him Sterling and Coutinho/Lallana.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1675 on: December 22, 2014, 03:42:23 am »
And Sterling and Lallana (and maybe Henderson) can rotate to keep fresh

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: December 22, 2014, 04:23:04 am »
We MUST sell him - he's shite - doesn't work, try, assist, score, he's a gross waste of money and a negative cancer on our club.

To be fair, I don't think he's done any of the "negative cancer" stuff that we were afraid of. The recent Twitter (or Instagram or whatever it was) thing is embarrassing, but it's more or less confined to him and had nothing to do with the club itself.

What he is is a failed signing. He's a square peg in a mobile-striker-shaped hole, and his presence here over a quicker, hungrier alternative - even one who isn't particularly good at finishing - is having a dramatic impact on our season. So yeah, sell him, cut our losses, and try to scrounge up someone who can move around a bit.

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #1677 on: December 22, 2014, 08:09:40 am »
Our form has got better once we resorted to a pacy attacker (sterling), worryingly why did it takes us this long to realise that's what we needed

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: December 22, 2014, 08:21:14 am »

We now know who we'll get when Sturridge leaves.

Carroll for Torres, Lambert for  Suarez... Charlie's next!
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1679 on: December 22, 2014, 09:54:31 am »
To be fair, I don't think he's done any of the "negative cancer" stuff that we were afraid of. The recent Twitter (or Instagram or whatever it was) thing is embarrassing, but it's more or less confined to him and had nothing to do with the club itself.

What he is is a failed signing. He's a square peg in a mobile-striker-shaped hole, and his presence here over a quicker, hungrier alternative - even one who isn't particularly good at finishing - is having a dramatic impact on our season. So yeah, sell him, cut our losses, and try to scrounge up someone who can move around a bit.

Restoring balotelli to the lineup would again destabilize our lineup and go agaibst the principle of speed and mobility which appears to be the only way that this team can excel at playing.