Author Topic: Solidarity and tributes from fans of other clubs  (Read 256503 times)

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Solidarity and tributes from fans of other clubs
« Reply #720 on: April 26, 2016, 11:18:21 pm »

its amazing reading through some of those how many people, despite it being spelled out for them today still feel the blame lies with the fans still, fair play to the other users on the sites for correcting them

Yeah, I went for a quick read on some of them and had to close my browser and go downstairs for a drink and some air, though I guess you're always going to get people like that.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #721 on: April 26, 2016, 11:43:12 pm »

its amazing reading through some of those how many people, despite it being spelled out for them today still feel the blame lies with the fans still, fair play to the other users on the sites for correcting them

And from now on you should just ignore them. They'll never change, they are who they are - sad, pathetic, pitiful individuals blinded by dislike for our club, and/or the city, and/or football culture in general. There really isn't an acceptable explanation for it, and I personally think they should seek professional help.

Edit: Or just utter Tories.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #722 on: April 26, 2016, 11:46:01 pm »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: April 27, 2016, 12:40:55 am »
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #724 on: April 27, 2016, 12:56:07 am »
Stunned by the lies that people still quote as "fact"

Gutted to be honest

That's all what they are now. Lies.

The truth is out there. Thats the only thing that matters.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: April 27, 2016, 02:18:01 am »
Spent most of the day reading comments from other forums, and the worst I've seen is on City' forums , and Aston Villa forum. There were people having a go at them as well but still shocking to read non the less.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: April 27, 2016, 02:19:54 am »
Spent most of the day reading comments from other forums, and the worst I've seen is on City' forums , and Aston Villa forum. There were people having a go at them as well but still shocking to read non the less.

I read on the West Ham one that the families are just after compensation.

It beggars belief.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: April 27, 2016, 03:03:04 am »
Would the same allegations have been thrown around had the victims not been from Liverpool?

I bet you had Hillsborough happened to a club from London, none of the lies would have stuck till now. Quite shocking those who still question the fans' role in all of that, well here is your answer now, the fans HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: April 27, 2016, 03:28:49 am »
Having now read the entire Scottish General Football Thread link, that is clearly the worst. ''Justice for Heysel'' ''Victimpool''etc....

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #729 on: April 27, 2016, 03:32:38 am »
I was appalled of what I read on the Manchester City one. How can people be so thick and heartless at the same time.

Arsenal and Celtic were the ones that seemed decent and mostly respectful to the truth and the victim's families. I only read a couple from the Manchester United one, which were sincere and respectful.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: April 27, 2016, 03:39:21 am »
The problem with the internet is it gives every idiot a voice and makes them think what they say is worthwhile. Huge emotive subjects like Hillsborough will always attract the idiots like moths to a light. They don't represent the majority of their fanbases, and it's best not letting yourself get bogged down in what a few internet trolls have to say

I'll remember Man City fans for tributes like this:

Rather than what a few teenagers desperate for attention, who probably have 0 connection to the club pre-oil money.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: April 27, 2016, 03:41:42 am »
Forums of clubs in the Midlands like Wednesday, Forest and  Villa in particular is shambolic.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #732 on: April 27, 2016, 04:10:39 am »
I read on the West Ham one that the families are just after compensation.

It beggars belief.

I read that mate & was embarrassed. Unfortunately a few posters who's opinion was made up before the verdict it hasn't changed there minds . In fact excuse my language but the one who posted about the money is a complete c*nt .

It is the minority & as someone mentioned forums give a voice to idiots who in day to day life don't get heard as face to face most people know there dickheads

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #733 on: April 27, 2016, 04:33:27 am »
I think today we shouldn't be worried too much about other fans. Yes, it  may be hurtful, yes it may be incorrect. Some people never want to admit that they were wrong - we shouldn't find that surprising. We need to celebrate this win as a collective and stay strong. The victims died by unlawful killing. Their fellow comrades and fellow supporters did NOT contribute to their deaths. That's all that matters, anything else can disappear.

Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #734 on: April 27, 2016, 05:29:06 am »
The problem with the internet is it gives every idiot a voice and makes them think what they say is worthwhile. Huge emotive subjects like Hillsborough will always attract the idiots like moths to a light. They don't represent the majority of their fanbases, and it's best not letting yourself get bogged down in what a few internet trolls have to say

Rather than what a few teenagers desperate for attention, who probably have 0 connection to the club pre-oil money.

Cheers for balancing that, mate.

I think today we shouldn't be worried too much about other fans. Yes, it  may be hurtful, yes it may be incorrect. Some people never want to admit that they were wrong - we shouldn't find that surprising. We need to celebrate this win as a collective and stay strong. The victims died by unlawful killing. Their fellow comrades and fellow supporters did NOT contribute to their deaths. That's all that matters, anything else can disappear.

Too true.  :thumbsup
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #735 on: April 27, 2016, 06:32:45 am »
I'm sorry but why would you spend all day on forums of other football teams?

rise above it and ignore it mate. we all know the real 'facts' and they were exposed yesterday.

someone nailed it on a Facebook comment (of all places) I saw yesterday. this would never have gone this far if it was say a group of fans from the south/London, rather than those pesky 'thieving scousers'. stereotypes eh?

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #736 on: April 27, 2016, 07:38:00 am »
As A Grimsby Town fan I'd just like to express my disgust at some of the posts on our forum, I would say most of them are respectful, but some of them show a lack of basic understanding and respect, these posters are a minority who quickly got shot down by other posters on the forum, I do apologise about some of the posts, but as I said a minority who will never change their mind, please don't tar us all with the same brush

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: April 27, 2016, 08:07:58 am »
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: April 27, 2016, 08:17:27 am »

I'm with you 100% of the way.

Well said.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #739 on: April 27, 2016, 08:54:03 am »
I am saddened to say that although the coroner's court verdict has completely exonerated ALL of the Liverpool fans that made that fateful trip on April 15th, it's my view that absolute justice has not yet been done. I say this because all of the liars and the distorters of the truth back in the day of Sheffield 1989 and still since, have not yet been brought to account.

Those top level barefaced liars and cowards in the police have not been charged with anything yet. Sheffield Wednesday the club and its officials have not been called to account for their gross negligence on the day. Neither have Thatcher's hatchet men  and the journos of the right-wing Scum who had plenty and more to say about "pissed-up" Scousers behaviour been called to account for their part in Thatcher's campaign against the people.
Of ALL of those still living and breathing after 27 years of grief and torture for the victim's families NONE have been called to account or charged to answer for their foul and false accusations.

I believe that Andy Burnham ought now to move a Commons motion that demands a full Parliamentary Inquiry be set up to investigate to the fullest those who orchestrated that scandalous vitriolic and compassionless political campaign of vilification of those tragic victims of Hillsborough.

Whilst the likes of shite like Ingham, McKenzie and Duckenfield - the absolute perverters of justice - still live and breathe unchallenged and unaccountable for their lies and callous deceit of that terrible time, then for me sadly, the journey and the delivery of justice - REAL and FULL justice - still has some way to go.

YNWA the 96!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:12:34 am by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: April 27, 2016, 09:02:55 am »
I read that mate & was embarrassed. Unfortunately a few posters who's opinion was made up before the verdict it hasn't changed there minds . In fact excuse my language but the one who posted about the money is a complete c*nt .

It is the minority & as someone mentioned forums give a voice to idiots who in day to day life don't get heard as face to face most people know there dickheads

Exactly mate.  They're just trolls, dickheads or morons out for a reaction, and I doubt any would voice those opinions to our faces.  We know the truth, we have the verdict, and anyone still repeating the lies can be ignored.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #741 on: April 27, 2016, 09:08:33 am »
The only opinion that matters is of the nine people who gave a considerable chunk of their lives for the cause of truth and justice. In time, the idiots who are tucked safely behind their keyboards when they write this sort of hurtful nonsense will be the exception rather than the norm, and will stick out as the morons that they are. The vast majority of fans from other clubs are absolutely supportive and have been nothing but respectful.

All I ask of the morons who post drivel on the other forums is this: what if it had happened to you?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #742 on: April 27, 2016, 09:17:32 am »

To be fair the few who have come out with the usual crap have been roundly put in their place.
:D

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: April 27, 2016, 09:23:36 am »
That's quite insightful. I think you may be right.
As A Grimsby Town fan I'd just like to express my disgust at some of the posts on our forum, I would say most of them are respectful, but some of them show a lack of basic understanding and respect, these posters are a minority who quickly got shot down by other posters on the forum, I do apologise about some of the posts, but as I said a minority who will never change their mind, please don't tar us all with the same brush
These Hillsborough threads follow an arc. First you get the threadstarter who's kept themselves informed. And then a few more will comment on the families finally having justice. One will remark on how unbelievable it is that it's taken 27 long years to get to this point.

And then, despite our life experiences teaching us over and over that such things as possible, up steps the dickhead that just cannot let go of the Lies. And we're shocked. Even though we KNOW that such people exist - some people really are that thick. Or heartless. Whatever it is, it's heartening to see that today they get turned on and openly mocked and ridiculed for holding on to their ignorance despite the evidence. Some people really are that thick and their minds aren't for changing. They're like flat-earthers now.

Solidarity is what I see from the vast majority of football fans. Which is what this thread is all about.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #744 on: April 27, 2016, 10:28:28 am »
Johnno, the Pauls (West Ham and Newcastle :wave), Aaron... thanks very much. We all know the majority of people are decent human beings who welcome this. The minority, who refuse to believe the facts laid out in front of them do not deserve our time any more. There was a time when education was important, because people didn't know the scale of the authorities' deceit. That cannot be said now. The truth is out there for anyone who wishes to read it. If they choose not to, then they're a lost cause. Let them be in their own sad little worlds. Most football fans share our desire to see justice done. Of course our own resident opposition supporters have been on our side a lot longer than most, for which we will always be grateful.

Precisely. There are some fans from just about every club up and down the country who always backed the campaign for justice. That number increased significantly in 2012 but people who weren't swayed then won't be swayed now. If you look at their posts you can see that they can't even get basic facts right. On that Leicester forum I saw someone stating that 'even 20 miles from Liverpool they couldn't get a unanimous verdict on the fans not being to blame.' Except as we all know 13 out of the 14 verdicts were unanimous - including that one.

I thought about correcting them briefly before realising exactly what Rhi has said here. The truth is out there, proven in a court of law. If people didn't accept that they won't accept it from us and simply aren't worth the time.

As a long time member here I too only remember support from the names Rhi mentioned. They matter because they helped give the victims a voice over the years. Internet trolls don't matter.

Thank-you.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: April 27, 2016, 10:43:32 am »

I was shocked Paul as thought West Ham and Scousers understood eacother.A class thing.

Ive still got a soft spot for you lot. My dads best mate from the Para's was a Cockney and we spent a bit of our summer holidays in Barking. It was around the time West Ham had a very good team. Devonshire and Brooking. I use to live in Leytonstone for a bit in the 90s to and went the pubs around the Bolyen ground on match days with me West Ham mates. I never went in though.

Love West Ham.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: April 27, 2016, 10:49:22 am »
Johnno, the Pauls (West Ham and Newcastle :wave), Aaron... thanks very much. We all know the majority of people are decent human beings who welcome this. The minority, who refuse to believe the facts laid out in front of them do not deserve our time any more. There was a time when education was important, because people didn't know the scale of the authorities' deceit. That cannot be said now. The truth is out there for anyone who wishes to read it. If they choose not to, then they're a lost cause. Let them be in their own sad little worlds. Most football fans share our desire to see justice done. Of course our own resident opposition supporters have been on our side a lot longer than most, for which we will always be grateful.
Spot on Rhi. I used to try and engage with people like that and inform them of the facts, but yesterday I decided I no longer would. The last word on this finally belongs to the 96, for ever and all time.
One thing that struck me about much of the reaction I saw yesterday, was how large the majority of football fans who supported the verdict was. Quite a difference to 10 or 20 years ago. We've come a long way from those dark days.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #747 on: April 27, 2016, 11:00:58 am »
Precisely. There are some fans from just about every club up and down the country who always backed the campaign for justice. That number increased significantly in 2012 but people who weren't swayed then won't be swayed now. If you look at their posts you can see that they can't even get basic facts right. On that Leicester forum I saw someone stating that 'even 20 miles from Liverpool they couldn't get a unanimous verdict on the fans not being to blame.' Except as we all know 13 out of the 14 verdicts were unanimous - including that one.

I thought about correcting them briefly before realising exactly what Rhi has said here. The truth is out there, proven in a court of law. If people didn't accept that they won't accept it from us and simply aren't worth the time.

As a long time member here I too only remember support from the names Rhi mentioned. They matter because they helped give the victims a voice over the years. Internet trolls don't matter.

Thank-you.

I read the Leicester forum as well & only a couple of FMs on there posting stuff like, that but are being brought to task by other FMs on that forum.

#Sausages

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #748 on: April 27, 2016, 11:01:25 am »
some people really are that thick.

And gullible - the sort of prerequisites that any cover up is built on.

I was shocked though. This goes beyond tribalism. Maybe a lie reinforced over nigh on 30 years will struggle to ever be a truth again, to some. Maybe some, through a 'guardian' effect, cant come to turns with such a corrupt, safety net.

Part of me was going to join said sites, show the evidence again and continue to educate. Then I remembered the families singing YNWA outside the inquest and thought,

"Fuck 'em, just fuck 'em all".
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Reacher

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #749 on: April 27, 2016, 11:06:16 am »
what ive found is although people had a view of what they thought happened 27 years ago and the cover up ever since, the decisions that all found in the families favour have opened up many questions, the main one being how on earth did this happen?

Ive been educating my 15 year old son on what happened, why this is so important to everyone connected with Liverpool and football in general. Its an opportunity for all to spread the message of truth.

However, I doubt there is anything we can do about the dickheads out there who will believe what they want, but Im confident, that in time, these voices will be drowned out by the voices of truth and justice.

YNWA

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: April 27, 2016, 11:17:36 am »
And gullible - the sort of prerequisites that any cover up is built on.
That doesn't really wash, especially after the 2012 findings.
I was shocked though. This goes beyond tribalism. Maybe a lie reinforced over nigh on 30 years will struggle to ever be a truth again, to some. Maybe some, through a 'guardian' effect, cant come to turns with such a corrupt, safety net.
I'm still sticking with incredibly thick. What must these divvies be thinking when the listen to reports or read headlines? I don't think they're capable of absorbing what's being said. Their innate prejudice is too strong. The fellow forum members are doing their best, which is great to see. But as you rightly say, for us, just fuck 'em.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: April 27, 2016, 11:30:59 am »
However, I doubt there is anything we can do about the dickheads out there who will believe what they want, but Im confident, that in time, these voices will be drowned out by the voices of truth and justice.

I don't think such people actually 'believe' such things anymore, in any meaningful sense of the word; they can only do so by ignoring or wilfully misreading every published word on the actual facts. But to change their stance now involves a level of self-analysis and admission of deep flaws in their own psyche that they're just not capable of. Therefore it's easier, emotionally and psychologically, for them to stick to their version of events than to admit their own hatred, lack of empathy and stupidity.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #752 on: April 27, 2016, 12:28:02 pm »
Literally minutes after all the verdicts had been read out I heard someone say something along the lines of "well I still think that if those Scousers had turned up a bit earlier it probably wouldn't have happened." I was already in tears and just walked away, you just can't reason with people like that even in the face of all the evidence, sadly. Some people will always believe what they want to.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: April 27, 2016, 12:41:06 pm »
There will always be a few out there who'll stick to their guns about it all, and as has been said, educating and informing seems a pretty reduntant excercise now. If they don't want to hear the truth now, when will they?

But it's not just the odd fan who continues to deny the truth, there's also Brian Coleman who's doing a fine job, tweeting 'this whole expensive farce and a split jury delivering a pointless verdict .Sadly accidents happen people need to move on' moments after the ruling yesterday.

https://twitter.com/BrianColeman251/status/724925331111575553

Reported in the Huffington Post:
Hillsborough Disaster: Ex-Tory Brian Coleman Sparks Backlash After Dismissing Inquest As ‘Pointless’
‘People need to move on,’ he said

That's Brian Coleman, ex Tory MP, a 'True Conservative', reprimanded for sending abusive emails to local residents, suspended by the Tory's after being charged with assault in Oct, 2012*, and who ran up a £10,000 taxi bill in under a year. "I won't [voluntarily publish details of their expense claims]do it voluntarily. It's none of the public's business"... "Politicians with lower expenses tend to be the politicians who do least work. Those with higher expenses are the ones who do most work."

So they're in good company. Murdoch, MacKenzie, Heffer, Ingham, Johnson - that's a great bunch to align oneself too isn't it? 'Pity' I think is the word to use.

*Coleman was arrested for assault for an incident that took place on 20 September 2012.[96] Helen Michael, a café owner in North Finchley who had actively opposed his policy on parking charges, saw him park his car in a loading bay opposite her café. She claimed that she was filming him on her mobile phone when he noticed her and attempted to grab the camera. A policeman intervened and Coleman then jumped into his car and attempted to drive off with both doors open, hitting a truck before speeding off. Coleman was charged with assault by beating and driving on a road without reasonable consideration.[97]

Coleman pleaded not guilty to the charges of assault by beating and careless driving at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court on 5 November.[98] On 3 May 2013 he pleaded guilty to the charge of assault and was fined £270 after CCTV footage of the incident[99] was shown in court.[100][101] He subsequently claimed that he entered a guilty plea as part of a deal to ensure he retained his driving licence.[102] On June 5 he was expelled from the Conservative Party[103] but he remained a member of Barnet council and announced he would seek re-election as an Independent candidate in the 2014 election. 
wiki

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:43:50 pm by Filler. »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #754 on: April 27, 2016, 12:54:06 pm »
Didn't want to post this in this part of the board before as the inquest was ongoing but darts player Peter 'Snakebite' Wright has a gimmick of styling his hair into a mohawk and styling the sides of his head in different patterns and decoration.

This was his choice of design for a recent match in Liverpool

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: April 27, 2016, 02:00:15 pm »
Villarreal fans will be displaying a 'You'll Never Walk Alone 96' banner in their south stand as the teams walk out tomorrow.

Nice touch from them.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #756 on: April 27, 2016, 02:14:23 pm »
That doesn't really wash, especially after the 2012 findings.I'm still sticking with incredibly thick. What must these divvies be thinking when the listen to reports or read headlines? I don't think they're capable of absorbing what's being said. Their innate prejudice is too strong. The fellow forum members are doing their best, which is great to see. But as you rightly say, for us, just fuck 'em.

Not just about this event mate. They are ingrained beliefs. Years of brainwashing and repeats of lies makes it likely never to change in their views.

It's actually very sad for everyone.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: April 27, 2016, 03:02:03 pm »
Not just about this event mate. They are ingrained beliefs. Years of brainwashing and repeats of lies makes it likely never to change in their views.
I agree Andy. That's why I used the word prejudice - from Latin praejudicium, from prae ‘in advance’ + judicium ‘judgement’. Minds that were already made up once they heard the words "Liverpool" and "football fans" they knew who to blame.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: April 27, 2016, 05:43:45 pm »
We make fun of Claude from Arsenal Fan TV a lot, but he has written this on his twitter yesterday

claudio callegari ‏@goonerclaude  Apr 26
Justice at last for the families of the 96 fans who lost their lives at Hillsborough a great victory for the football family

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #759 on: April 27, 2016, 07:26:27 pm »

It's actually very sad for everyone.

Some of it on these websites is potentially libellous and their moderators / website owners should be very cautious about how they deal with this going forward
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'