Author Topic: UEFA Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Atlético Madrid 1 - 0 Liverpool (April 22nd 2010)  (Read 104351 times)

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool
Shots on target: 0

Can't blame Ngog for that cos he was isolated for most part. We really need to bridge the gap between attack and midfield.

thats what gerrard is meant to be doing and hes been ding a very poor job of it all season

was awful today even when presented with some very good balls
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Would have gladly taken a 2-1 defeat or even a 3-1 loss tonight all things considered. Not scoring over there makes it a bit nervy but we can take that team up at home. Wouldn't mind us giving them an early goal on the return leg to make us need three - not for any kind of retro glance back at the Olympiakos match, but it would just make them feel better and softer and us more stung. We're sometimes better like that. With Aguero and Forlan, they have an away goal in them but I can see some fun in their net too.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
My God there's such a bunch of nobs on here after that result that it's driven Roy, yes royhendo, to call someone a naughty word. You animals!
Spot on ;D

But it was no surprise to who though eh ?

At the risk of contradicting everything preached about abuse....

Just FUCK OFF with your incessant, never ending moaning. You're more trouble that it's worth. Hope you find peace somewhere else you whinging bastard.
:lmao
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:01:20 pm by Captain Tsubasa »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It is funny the people who can't say a bad word about Benitez are having a go at me.  But the fact is he's doing a poor job this season and tonight was another example.

18 losses this season.

18!
i think it's more that people can't bear reading the rubbish you come out with. suggesting bringing on aquilani/moving gerrard back into centre midfield is laughable. also you're complaints about aquilani not coming on in place of el zhar (on the right wing!) were hilarious.

you're full of crap, you don't respond to posts that call you on knowing little, and constantly repeat yourself. 18 18 18.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:01:03 pm by classycarra »

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
stevie wasn't that bad tonight at all, i don't know what you guys are talking about. if he'd scored with that left foot volley he'd be man of the match like.

Don't be daft. He's shit, always has been. Too full of him self the big nosed twat. Sell him to Madrid and get Balotelli in to partner Torres.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
Some people need to grow a set ffs, its not the harlem  , brazil1970 , globe fuc*in trotters we are playin in the second leg its an average atletico madrid side against a side that has got a very impressive home record , jesus liverpool sides have from years past to the present had 1-0 result away from home and its always considered a good one . We will get thru so grow a set
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline reldinho

• Main Stander
We don't though, do we? We just went away to Atletico Madrid in a European Cup semi final, gifted them a stupid goal, and should have come away with a 1-1 but for an offside decision. If we'd notched at the death people would be on here saying it was a classic counter attacking performance and all that shite, but then they don't actually watch the football do they? They're more concerned about coming on RAWK. I wonder about that actually. Do people watch the football? I mean, actually watch it? Or during the game, are they brewing up their angle for the patter on RAWK?

I wonder the same too sometimes. Its like when the in match threads existed. How can people find the time to watch a match properly and comment in the in match thread? Makes no sense to me but each to their own I suppose.

I can watch a match when we draw or lose and almost predict what people will start moaning about and who the biggest moaners will be. Good to see the usual suspects in this thread too.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
European semi final in Madrid was never going to be easy.

Considering the season we've had this was a decent result and we had a good goal disallowed.

Would you rather we'd put Aqualani on and 'gone for it' and got beat 2 or 3 nil and have an impossible task next week? Or damage limitation where we now have a real chance of making it to the final?

Make no mistake Anfield will be struggling to stand up come kick off next Thrusday and I suspect the Madrid players will also be struggling.

Bit of perspective lads/lasses. Let's focus on winning this bloody cup and worry abou next fucking season when this one is finished.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert

Just FUCK OFF with your incessant, never ending moaning. You're more trouble that it's worth. Hope you find peace somewhere else you whinging bastard.

Sometimes Gareth, I think you should stop beating round the bush and just let'em know what you think
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

royhendo

It is funny the people who can't say a bad word about Benitez are having a go at me. 

I've said quite a few bad words against Benitez this year, but I'm having a go at you. Your attitude's ridiculous for a European semi in the context of the shite season you describe. If you cared, you'd be thanking the fucking Lord for letting us out of there with a 1-0, but you'd rather grind your axe. Bus ride, Torres out, and we should have come away with 1-1. That's good for any club in Europe, not just us in our current context.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
People can criticise Gerrard, but he's feeding off scraps in the position he's playing now.

Last season Alonso would control the game and feeding Gerrard / Torres.  This season we aren't controlling games as we used to and Gerrard is getting balls hoofed up to him and Ngog.  Plus the supply from out wide isn't much better.

He should be in centre midfield.

If only Rafa would read your posts, seriously son you are becoming a fucking bore
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
We just went away to Atletico Madrid in a European Cup semi final, gifted them a stupid goal, and should have come away with a 1-1 but for an offside decision.
Did you watch the rest of it? If it wasnt for Reina we would have lost 3 or 4 nil tonight. Dont bring the offside goal into it, as it was extremely marginal, and you would need a linesman with an eye of a hawk to make the correct decision. We were beaten by a very average team...and sorry to say we were well below average.
BUT that was just one game. Its half time, and I am confident we will beat this side at home.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

he was just stating a fact for christ sake

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
anyone know wat the travel plans are for the team coming back home?

Offline stfabians

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
It's not mysterious at all mate, the reason we've been so shite all year is because the same players and tactics have been used time after time.

agreed, I could set up a team to get a draw against a liverpool away side at the moment!!!

Im not worried about tonight, im worried about the whole season's away form.Its been nothing short of shocking and desperately disappointing in every way.

I looked at our team tonight, and the players that made me shrug my shoulders - lucas, kuyt and benny

I am being honest, I think I could pick better players out of the six teams above us, I also think we have better in the liverpool squad. 

Ok, maybe being a little unfair on benny, but he's hardly in form is he.  But a 20 million pound playmaker on the bench, who has shown signs of good creative play recently to justify that price tag, in a euro semi final when we can barely string 5 pass's together???  If we are all honest, we needed a player like him tonight, and away all season.

I'm also a little confused to why people who are moaning are getting such a hard time, I'd be shocked if anyone here thought our away form has been acceptable in performances, even more so results.  Do people really think Rafas getting it right away from home - serious question??

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Felt like saying just that but was worried I'd get banned and wouldn't be able to come on here next week when we turn Madrid over and ram it back up the arses of most of these whingig negative fuckers on here

shoulda watched the bloody political debate instead of coming on here. Would of been more fun
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:06:07 pm by weebroalan »

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
I need to get the fuck out of here. Bye.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan

Naughty Gareth.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
I think a significant problem (attacking wise) is our left. At the moment most of our attacks are coming down the right or through the middle, with Agger staying back and Yossi cutting in it's like we're ignoring the left entirely. Kind of predictable but Aurelio/Insua and Riera missing from the team really hinders us.

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
I would give my right testicle for some skillful players in our team. For fucks sake, our players can't even control a simple ball.

We need:
- A couple of skillful wingers/wide players with pace

You see against every club we play against how much the wide players can hurt a team. Robben and Ribery, Valencia and Nani, Messi, Iniesta, Henry, Aaron Lennon, Gareth Bale, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott. We don't have something even close to any of these, none of our wide players can do something special. Walcott's not even that skillful, but his pace can hurt teams really bad.

- A playmaker in the middle of the pitch

Lucas and Masch have a great work rate, but no creativity. We need a player in the middle that can get a hold of the ball and control the game. Aquilani might be this player or not, who knows as he never plays.

- A new quality left back

Insua is not good enough, not yet at least. But i would like to keep him as he is a club trained player and is good enough to be back up. Aurelio could have been a really good left back, but he's always injured.

- A back up striker

Torres is in my opinion the best striker in the world, but when he's out N'gog or Kuyt just aren't good enough. We need someone who can do a better job than they can. Every other team has good back up strikers, and so should we.

royhendo

The problem seemed quite simple to me: Ngog not yet ready for this level (fine against the likes of West Ham) and Babel not having developed. Agreed entirely with Taylor on that front. To (try) to change the tone of this thread a little: what to do at Anfield? Would it worth putting Aquilani in the middle, Gerrard on the right and Benayoun on the left, supporting Kuyt? I think it might offer a little more invention. We need to up our tempo at home, too.

We need to hold sway in the middle and keep the ball further up the park, but they'll sit deeper so it'll be easier on that front.

You'd think we'll push Johnson and Agger further on, so there'll be hairy moments with the centre halves, but I'd say we need Lucas and Masch in there. If it's still tight with the clock running down, Lucas can push on.

I like N'Gog, but I hope he starts Babel.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
It is funny the people who can't say a bad word about Benitez are having a go at me.

Mime artists can be such cruel bastards. Don't let them get you down Z e u s, I'm 100% behind your plan of using a playmaker in midfield to get the team going, Benitez is a fool for not sneaking a 12th player on before.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline electric_bloom

• Main Stander
Could have been better, could be worse.
Can't wait for next week!
ANG ON ME PHONES GOIN

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
shoulda watched the bloody political debate instead of coming on here. Would of been more fun

Exactly what my Dad said.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

:wellin
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline WelshKopite

• "I'm done with my negativity...seriously. I'm not posting one more negative thing, quote me on it."
  • Main Stander
We don't though, do we? We just went away to Atletico Madrid in a European Cup semi final, gifted them a stupid goal, and should have come away with a 1-1 but for an offside decision. If we'd notched at the death people would be on here saying it was a classic counter attacking performance and all that shite, but then they don't actually watch the football do they? They're more concerned about coming on RAWK. I wonder about that actually. Do people watch the football? I mean, actually watch it? Or during the game, are they brewing up their angle for the patter on RAWK?

Roy...

Stop kidding yourself mate. We've been like this all season, so stop acting like we nearly pulled off a masterful performance by grabbing an equaliser.

Our quality of football is poor - there's no ifs or buts about it. People act like I'm happy we play shit football, I'M FUCKING GUTTED mate, fed up of watching tripe game after game. It wasn't nowhere near classic counter attacking football, their keeper didn't have to make ONE save? And lets be honest, they're not THAT great an outfit.

I know you post on here all the time, and your a respected poster, but cmon man, take the rose-tinters off. I was actually counting the amount of passes we could make tonight, and apart from a few ocassions, we lost the ball after 2, 3 passes. As soon as we're pressed, we lose possession or hoof it. Its the truth. If it was a one-off, I'd think fair enough, but its week after week after week.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
Some strange decisions by Rafa tonight. Benayoun was anonymous on the left wing. N'gog was doing nothing up front. Kuyt was ok (in a Kuyt way) on the right. I felt that he should have put Babel up front for a while, but no he puts him on the right. And I'm just sick of seeing El Zhar guaranteed 10 minute run out.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking hell. Zeus is getting our Roy and Gareth all fucking mental tonight like!   :lmao

It was clear that we needed someone in the centre of midfield that could get us playing.

Instead of subbing Lucas for Aquilani or dropping Gerrard into centre midfield, our manager decided to bring on El Zhar.

I think it was really fucking good of Rafa to let you know which three changes he was thinking about making. Was it him that dropped his fucking phone when he was texting you to tell about the subs he was thinking of making?

"Z, should I tk LL off 4 AA, put SG in DM n put Dani on, or put EZ on for 4x2. LOLZ. Rafa"
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan

I think you've completely missed the point of my post; I was pointing out the inherent contradiction of WeslhKopite's post (the one I quoted) - go take your attitude with me for a long walk.

FWIW, my own opinion is that although the result isn't too bad we could've made more substantial efforts to score. In defense we controlled space excellently but when we had the ball it seemed to me that we were too intent on controlling space rather than using good movement to create some space of our own, that said Atletico pressed us well the whole game (something they'll do at Anfield too). It was a typical euro away performance so not entirely unexpected, just a little disappointing that we didn't notch.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline cjc9020801Beverly Hills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
Not got a good feeling about the home leg, we've battered Lille and Benfica but can we do it again?? It will be tough, probably tougher than a lot of people seem to think. If they score we could be screwed.

About tonight, I thought it was satisfactory by our away standards. But that's not saying much. Not adventurous enough and far, far too negative. As usual away from home.

Still, we've got a good chance.

Not sure. think we will fall short this time round.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
Our quality of football is poor - there's no ifs or buts about it.

I thought you were done being negative? :D
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Dont know where this good result stuff was coming from. If they score we need 3 and we looked utterly lost and bereft of ideas going forward. Ngog in the first half where he tried to cut back inside instead of letting the ball run and going in on goal and kuyts chance when Babel put him through were both made for Torres. Reckon he mightve got another on his own aswell

4 games v them and hes played none. Hmmm...
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't be daft. He's shit, always has been. Too full of him self the big nosed twat. Sell him to Madrid and get Balotelli in to partner Torres.
alright we know you think gerrard's infallible and want so much to fit in, but can you stop the pointless exaggeration, it's getting boring. change the record

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan

Jesus. I am shocked.

Come on guys its a Forum with lots of opinions... Cant everyone kiss and make up?

royhendo

Did you watch the rest of it? If it wasnt for Reina we would have lost 3 or 4 nil tonight. Dont bring the offside goal into it, as it was extremely marginal, and you would need a linesman with an eye of a hawk to make the correct decision. We were beaten by a very average team...and sorry to say we were well below average.
BUT that was just one game. Its half time, and I am confident we will beat this side at home.

A post of two halves there, no? The keeper's a member of the team aswell mate - we don't get consolation points cos he made the saves - the score was 1-0 because Pepe is our goalie.

Marginal you say? But onside - you'd concede that?

Offline WelshKopite

• "I'm done with my negativity...seriously. I'm not posting one more negative thing, quote me on it."
  • Main Stander
Drop the charades and false bravado lads - it's fucking boring.

If anyone of you can say that wasn't a shite performance, then you need to seriously have your eyes examined. Call it what it is. The reality is that we have a good chance of going through next Thursday seeing how shite Atleti were. One thing remains, for a European semi final that was not even a semblance of a Liverpool team that turned up. The result is digestable only because of the abject performance, and it could (and probably should) have been worse.

I don't care about the style or the fact we may not win every game, but I want to see the players trying. We were getting rings run round us at times, and our tactical masterclass boiled down to balls over the top by Lucas. We couldn't pass to each other, any pressure within five yards and the man in possession panicked and his priority was to get rid of it in the quickest way possible.

Atletico were shit and came away with the win because of our schoolboy defending and overall we were shitter. It wasn't a night to discuss who was better, but who was less shite, and we easily came second in that department.

One good thing is that next Thursday shouldn't have an apathetic audience at least, and yes I'll be up for it. But right now, I feel I wanted tonight more than the players and burst more capillaries shouting at the TV than any player on that pitch.

Man, best post of this thread. Wish I could word mine like that, just get too vexed at the dishonest bullshit people write.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
And I'm just sick of seeing El Zhar guaranteed 10 minute run out.

Am I missing something? Hasn't be played like.. twice this season?
@Samee
In Leicester?

royhendo

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

:D

hoonin

he was just stating a fact for christ sake

Of course, but there's a history that you're probably not aware of.

As I said, more of a problem for the forum as a whole than a benefit. You can see this yourself merely by checking past posts.