Author Topic: Liverpool's Midfield  (Read 1806307 times)

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool's Midfield
« Reply #16320 on: September 26, 2019, 08:48:45 am »
Yes it's possible to be absolutely brilliant whilst still having flaws that would make us even better. No where in my post did I intend to say we're never able to progress the ball with our common midfielders. I did said they 'struggle' and are 'very unlikely' to be able to do so. Since this is a thread about our midfield, rather than our general brilliance, and superb success over the last 2 years, I'm chilled about being relatively critical, although if the tone was overly so, apologies.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #16321 on: September 26, 2019, 05:49:11 pm »
I take your point and there's no way it's been a consistent issue in every game or even a majority, but I remember watching the Madrid final in particular and thinking it highlighted a struggle to play through the midfield. I think the club saw similar as the Keita deal was completed and we added Fabinho as well - having already brought in Oxlaide-Chamberlain during that season and by all accounts targetted Fekir as well - settlling for Shaqiri instead to play in an advanced midfield type of role.

In the Spurs final I don't recall too many instances of any of the team stringing more than 3 or 4 passes together.

Whether playing through the midfield is something we really target doing is another thing - seems to me most of our build up play in midfield is quick recycling of the ball and ideally getting our fullbacks on it wide who look to link with Bobby or whichever of Mo/Mane they're with. Fabinho and the centre-halves also primarily create triangles with the full backs and when the vertical passes are made, it tends to be in the right/left sided half space for Bobby, or and advanced 8 who's immediately looking to link up with the forwards, or, again (a theme) play the advanced full backs in.

Our style of play is different to cities, and I don't think we put anywhere near as much emphasis on playing through the midfield - we play through our fullbacks much more - and look to get it into advanced areas and the feet of Bobby, Mane and Mo much more regularly. City's game, as an example, or take a Barcelona/CL finalists Madrid - are looking much more to move the ball around more, probing and pulling, looking for a killer pass.

I don't think it's too unreasonable the point that was being made - that our midfield looks a lot better, at least in terms of creativity and penetration when there's that Lallana "type" in it - which I'd add Ox, Keita and, to a lesser extent, Shaqiri too.

The problem with playing through midfield is that you have to play through to someone else at the top of the midfield (usually the attackers). So when we lost our most important one to injury, our midfield patterns of play went right out the window. Depth is super-important to getting the ball from one end of the field to another, and without it, we were always going to be in trouble once Salah went off (him being our "depth" player in possession, more often than not).

It's so much easier to explain in the famous 4v2 "Rondo" exercise -

With the 4v2, all elements of the principles of attack are present - Penetration, Width, Depth, Mobility, Creativity and Surprise. Penetration is the primary objective, Width and Depth give the "shape" (which is the correct use of the phrase "get your shape"), and Mobility/Creativity/Surprise are the technical tools to make the Penetration happen, or to enable Possession when there is no Penetration option.

The aim of the keepaway exercise with 2 or more defenders in the middle is NOT to keep the ball, but to split the defenders with a penetrating pass. If that isn't on, then you keep the ball until you create a gap that you can play the ball through:

So for our midfield, and especially with Mane and Firmino both happy to drop in to the middle to help out or receive the ball, the loss of Salah blunts our midfield play as without the Depth/Penetration option, we end up going more side-to-side, ending up with the fullbacks, who then have nobody to play to, so the ball gets recycled. The obvious alternative to this is to have dribblers in midfield who are happy in 1v1 and 1v2 situations, hence Keita - but we didn't have him at the time. Against most teams, we can deal with this using patience, because we have more quality than most teams. But against a team like Madrid, with no Salah and a concussed goalkeeper, we can be very easily put off our midfield game.

Which is a long-winded way of saying that "midfield ball progression" has two sides to the coin - the midfield side, and the attacker side, because without dribblers, you have to progress TO someone, and if that player isn't there, ball progression through passing alone becomes almost non-existent (see Rodgers without any strikers worth the name).
Better looking than Samie.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #16322 on: September 26, 2019, 06:12:58 pm »
It seems to me that ball progression is a big problem against better sides. When we play workmanlike midfields we struggle to progress the ball through our midfield 3, and then Firmino has to come deeper and deeper to get the ball, ending up almost as another 8 rather than a 10  (Babuyagu, formally of this parish, has made this point recently in his live tweets of games) and Salah and Mane don't get it in dangerous places. The issue with our midfield 3 isn't, then, so much about a lack of goals and assists when we play the top 6, it's about an inability to progress the ball once we come up against the better sides. A Lallana type in a midfield 3 (although not current Lallana), offers hockey assists (the pass before the assist), and moves the ball up the pitch through vertical passing and dribbling. Plus they offer Fabinho, the fullbacks and Matip vertical passing options by being willing to take up positions 'inside' the opponent's shape. Of course, if we were playing CMs with these abilities, they would as a matter of course pick up assists, because they'd be getting the ball in positions where it'd be possible to hurt the opposition. Fabinho, Gini and Henderson are very unlikely, when we're attempting to progress the ball from back to front, to receive the ball in a position where they can hurt the opposition.
Naby Keita.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #16323 on: September 26, 2019, 07:00:45 pm »
I think the midfield is in a good spot. The Fab-Gini-Hendo trio is a proven, trophy-winning combo, a solid as any base, with Milner as a very useful plunger of gaps to call on. The key is probably getting Keita, Ox and Shaq involved and up to speed over the course of the season.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #16324 on: September 26, 2019, 07:21:29 pm »
The problem with playing through midfield is that you have to play through to someone else at the top of the midfield (usually the attackers). So when we lost our most important one to injury, our midfield patterns of play went right out the window. Depth is super-important to getting the ball from one end of the field to another, and without it, we were always going to be in trouble once Salah went off (him being our "depth" player in possession, more often than not).

It's so much easier to explain in the famous 4v2 "Rondo" exercise -

With the 4v2, all elements of the principles of attack are present - Penetration, Width, Depth, Mobility, Creativity and Surprise. Penetration is the primary objective, Width and Depth give the "shape" (which is the correct use of the phrase "get your shape"), and Mobility/Creativity/Surprise are the technical tools to make the Penetration happen, or to enable Possession when there is no Penetration option.

The aim of the keepaway exercise with 2 or more defenders in the middle is NOT to keep the ball, but to split the defenders with a penetrating pass. If that isn't on, then you keep the ball until you create a gap that you can play the ball through:

So for our midfield, and especially with Mane and Firmino both happy to drop in to the middle to help out or receive the ball, the loss of Salah blunts our midfield play as without the Depth/Penetration option, we end up going more side-to-side, ending up with the fullbacks, who then have nobody to play to, so the ball gets recycled. The obvious alternative to this is to have dribblers in midfield who are happy in 1v1 and 1v2 situations, hence Keita - but we didn't have him at the time. Against most teams, we can deal with this using patience, because we have more quality than most teams. But against a team like Madrid, with no Salah and a concussed goalkeeper, we can be very easily put off our midfield game.

Which is a long-winded way of saying that "midfield ball progression" has two sides to the coin - the midfield side, and the attacker side, because without dribblers, you have to progress TO someone, and if that player isn't there, ball progression through passing alone becomes almost non-existent (see Rodgers without any strikers worth the name).

Is that a long-winded way of advocating Route 1😉

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16325 on: September 26, 2019, 07:37:50 pm »
Is that a long-winded way of advocating Route 1😉

Nope. A penetrating pass is simply a pass that eliminates at least 1 defender. But in order to do that, you need someone at the end of it. So if we want to play through midfield, we need the attacking depth to make that happen:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tgb29FdqsLY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tgb29FdqsLY</a>

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16326 on: September 26, 2019, 08:46:37 pm »
In other words, with Salah we're 'packing' heat
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16327 on: September 26, 2019, 08:48:46 pm »
In other words, with Salah we're 'packing' heat

We're packing something :D

(But yes. Packing.)

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #16328 on: September 26, 2019, 11:47:26 pm »
Nope. A penetrating pass is simply a pass that eliminates at least 1 defender. But in order to do that, you need someone at the end of it. So if we want to play through midfield, we need the attacking depth to make that happen:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tgb29FdqsLY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tgb29FdqsLY</a>

I was only joking. I appreciate it must be like teaching teenagers😛

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16329 on: September 26, 2019, 11:51:45 pm »
I was only joking. I appreciate it must be like teaching teenagers😛

Ha ha!

Although Sam Allardyce is convinced they are used for training route one football. He does 4v2 on a full-sized pitch ;D ;D ;D

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #16330 on: October 20, 2019, 06:34:31 pm »
If Naby and Ox are not good enough to get into this midfield we'll have to address this issue urgently in January or we can say goodbye to the league.

Today's performance was a performance we saw many times from this midfield set-up - completely and utterly blunt, devoid of any creativity or God forbid goal threat. The amount of talent Henderson lacks for this position is frightening, I don't know if he's a fullback or a DM but an attacking player for this team he is not.

I fear that if today's performance is not a final straw for Klopp and he doesn't go for more talented players we saw coming off of bench today we stand no chance to win the league.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16331 on: October 20, 2019, 06:41:44 pm »
Final straw for Klopp :lmao Fucking hell.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16332 on: October 20, 2019, 06:44:29 pm »
If Naby and Ox are not good enough to get into this midfield we'll have to address this issue urgently in January or we can say goodbye to the league.

Today's performance was a performance we saw many times from this midfield set-up - completely and utterly blunt, devoid of any creativity or God forbid goal threat. The amount of talent Henderson lacks for this position is frightening, I don't know if he's a fullback or a DM but an attacking player for this team he is not.

I fear that if today's performance is not a final straw for Klopp and he doesn't go for more talented players we saw coming off of bench today we stand no chance to win the league.

I think Klopp has settled for this level of performance away from home in big games, we have won 2 out of 13 away to the big 6 and lost 5 out of the last 7 away in the champions league. Most of the defeats happened over the last 2 yrs and resulted in a summer transfer window where we basically just signed some promising secondary school kids from around europe
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:53:18 pm by markmywords »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16333 on: October 20, 2019, 06:44:51 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #16334 on: October 20, 2019, 06:47:03 pm »
I think Klopp has settled for this level of performance away from home in big games, we have won 2 out of 13 away to the big 6 and lost 5 out of the last 7 away in the champions league. Most of the defeats happened over the last 2 yrs and resulted in a summer transfer window where we signed some promising secondary school kids from around europe
Yeah it can work at home but in big away games it almost always lets us down. I'm more bothered about shite teams like Utd - using more talented players in midfield would make our life much easier.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #16335 on: October 20, 2019, 07:11:53 pm »

8 wins and 1 draw away to old trafford and we have no chance of winning the league  :lmao :lmao :lmao

In games like today, form goes out the window. The united players were up for it and you could see it gives them that 10% extra. A draw away to united is a good result.

On the midfield note, henderson added nothing going forward. Especially in the 1st half. His passing and movement was the same as when he plays DM. I agree we need a "number 10" that can create a little bit of magic with a pass or a goal from 30 yards but its not as urgent as some people make it out to be. For me, I would of pulled hendo off at half time and given ox that role of right CM the whole 2nd half.
Wijnaldum tired out towards the end but he was our best player in the 1st half and Fabinho did what he always does.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16336 on: October 20, 2019, 07:15:16 pm »

Many times? What the 97 points missing out in the end by 1 point and CL wasn't good enough for you?

If Keita and Ox were fit they would have been picked consistently. It's not like keita has been on the bench ignored by the manager. Ox did his knee in every way possible.

You're talking absolute nonsense

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16337 on: October 20, 2019, 07:25:52 pm »
Fucking hell some people really have short memories :lmao
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #16338 on: October 20, 2019, 07:27:28 pm »
Many times? What the 97 points missing out in the end by 1 point and CL wasn't good enough for you?

If Keita and Ox were fit they would have been picked consistently. It's not like keita has been on the bench ignored by the manager. Ox did his knee in every way possible.
Nobody on this planet could convince me that all the success we had since the start of last season was due to our midfield. Yes they hold their heads above water somehow but all these wins for the most part were in spite of them not due to them, don't care what anybody says.

The moment we had people who thrive in tight spaces today the difference in class between the sides was visible momentarily - shame it happened too late. The midfield that started today is unbalanced and offers precious little on the ball - it is dragging this team back and it's unfair that front 3 has to cover for their deficiencies every single game, it's not allowing us to play to our fullest potential every game which is a crying shame.

As for Naby and Ox I'm talking about an IF.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16339 on: October 20, 2019, 07:35:43 pm »
Nobody on this planet could convince me that all the success we had since the start of last season was due to our midfield.

Nobody on this planet can convince me that the success of this side wasn't attainable without the midfield doing the job they needed to do. It's a team sport, it's 11 players on the pitch, if one piece doesn't do it's job, it affects the other.

The moment we had people who thrive in tight spaces today the difference in class between the sides was visible momentarily - shame it happened too late. The midfield that started today is unbalanced and offers precious little on the ball - it is dragging this team back and it's unfair that front 3 has to cover for their deficiencies every single game, it's not allowing us to play to our fullest potential every game which is a crying shame.

So we've achieved all of our success, because the front three? Yeah that's a load of horseshit.

As for Naby and Ox I'm talking about an IF.

So WHY go on about ''final straw'' and we can kiss the title goodbye nonsense, if it's clear that the two players who have something that the others don't, aren't available?

Despite that we've found ways to win and be successful.

It's not in spite of the midfield.

It's not perfect but this notion that the title will be lost because of the midfield, is again, absolute shite

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16340 on: October 20, 2019, 07:36:49 pm »

Yeah whatever.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #16341 on: October 20, 2019, 07:43:49 pm »
If we don’t have our usual front 3 out there then that midfield should be totally binned off. Just no creativity to play through the middle and those long balls that we usually play to salah doesn’t work. Need to play more through midfield when we’re missing either Mo or mane and the likes of keita, chamberlain and lallana need to be involved in those games. Games where they can break the line and get at their defence

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #16342 on: October 20, 2019, 07:48:23 pm »

No chance winning the league, with midfield from last season that missed out by a point plus Ox back. Ridiculous statement. They will all play their part and I’ve no doubt as the season progresses like we saw with Fabinho last season Keita and Ox and possibly Lallana will have a greater role to play.
But no chance of winning the league is beyond a joke.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16343 on: October 20, 2019, 07:48:54 pm »

we are 6 points clear

After 9 games having played 3 of last seasons top 6. 2 away from home. And currently the 3rd best team in the league.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16344 on: October 20, 2019, 07:51:25 pm »
A think a couple of posters have taken Sky's pundits comments to heart.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16345 on: October 20, 2019, 07:52:16 pm »
No chance winning the league, with midfield from last season that missed out by a point plus Ox back. Ridiculous statement. They will all play their part and I’ve no doubt as the season progresses like we saw with Fabinho last season Keita and Ox and possibly Lallana will have a greater role to play.
But no chance of winning the league is beyond a joke.

It's the worst thing I've read on here in a while and that's saying something.

I must have lived in an alternative universe last season when the title was decided on the final game of the season. ''No chance'' of winning midfield and all

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16346 on: October 20, 2019, 07:52:21 pm »
A think a couple of posters have taken Sky's pundits comments to heart.

Haha knee jerk on RAWK?! Not having it ;)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #16347 on: October 20, 2019, 07:55:41 pm »
we are 6 points clear

After 9 games having played 3 of last seasons top 6. 2 away from home. And currently the 3rd best team in the league.
Again, In my opinion, it has precious little to do with our midfield.

Henderson has 0 goals, 0 assists and looks incredibly short in talent and ability to play such an important position. We are clearly carrying him which is not something we did for entirety of last season, so it's very dangerous to continue with this. We'll need more from that role or we won't continue to win as much IMO.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16348 on: October 20, 2019, 07:57:17 pm »

Henderson has 0 goals, 0 assists and looks incredibly short in talent and ability to play such an important position. We are clearly carrying him which is not something we did for entirety of last season, so it's very dangerous to continue with this. We'll need more from that role or we won't continue to win as much IMO.
Keita is just back.

Klopp will start playing him

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16349 on: October 20, 2019, 08:02:00 pm »

Carrying Henderson. Stop it your killing me 😂

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #16350 on: October 20, 2019, 08:03:19 pm »
Btw Ox looked like he was miles faster on the ball than any of our other players were when they got on it today. it's like they were all dribbling with the hand brake on.

There was a moment when he ran across their defense (just before he gave the ball away to Young), but that pace had it been on for a little while longer would've surely hurt United and its exciting to see what it can do against City in a couple weeks time.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16351 on: October 20, 2019, 08:03:25 pm »

Again no chance of challenging for the title given we just did that exact thing this past season, and given what we're doing right now, even with the limited midfield, we are clearly able to challenge for the title.

The way you came in on here, you would have thought that Klopp has been ignoring Ox and Keita in every single game.

Let's ignore the fact that he was the one who brought them to the club, so if anyone knows what the fuck they bring to the side, it's him. Clearly they offer more creatively than the 3 that started today. However you can't play the same 3 in every single match and you clearly can't play players who have been injured.

So the whole final straw shite you were on about along with the ''goodbye to the tile'' nonsense, is perplexing.

Carrying Henderson? Is this the same Henderson who played a huge part in setting up several goals in the run up to the final matches of the past season once Klopp changed his position?

Clearly he has limitations, but again  more nonsene about us carrying Henderson
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:04:56 pm by deFacto »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16352 on: October 20, 2019, 08:04:57 pm »
Need Keita or Oxlade-Chamberlain (if they're fit, obviously) in every game, with one of Gini or Milner, and obviously Fabinho, Henderson needs taken out for a while, he's woefully out of form.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16353 on: October 20, 2019, 08:05:38 pm »
Carrying Henderson. Stop it your killing me 😂

It could be the final straw for the manager if he doesn’t sort it :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #16354 on: October 20, 2019, 08:07:59 pm »
So the whole final straw shite you were on about along with the ''goodbye to the tile'' nonsense, is perplexing.
What I meant by that is that hopefully Klopp will finally make changes in midfield not that his position is in jeopardy or anything like some moron on here interpreted it as.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16355 on: October 20, 2019, 08:08:32 pm »

Clearly, what the fuck does he know, he clearly bought them to the club and then decided they will be injured and not play them

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16356 on: October 20, 2019, 08:08:43 pm »
Yep Big Sam waiting in the wings. Pint of gravy at the ready

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16357 on: October 20, 2019, 08:09:17 pm »
Yep Big Sam waiting in the wings. Pint of gravy at the ready
A pint is no good to that fucker, more like a vat of gravy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16358 on: October 20, 2019, 08:09:46 pm »
What I meant by that is that hopefully Klopp will finally make changes in midfield not that his position is in jeopardy or anything like some moron on here interpreted it as.

Mate, given again the fact that he's played them whenever they've been fit, given that he's brought them into the club, it's quite clear that Klopp isn't blind to what the midfield can and can't do. It's the same as saying the sky is blue. It's obvious.

I know you're frustrated, but you got more sense than that.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16359 on: October 20, 2019, 08:12:16 pm »
Need Keita or Oxlade-Chamberlain (if they're fit, obviously) in every game, with one of Gini or Milner, and obviously Fabinho, Henderson needs taken out for a while, he's woefully out of form.

He is not woefully out of form, he didn't play well today but neither did anyone else who started. He has played okay in other games, it's not as if the team has really got going, so why is Hendo the one who gets called out on it?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:14:09 pm by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"