Author Topic: Stoke City  (Read 85455 times)

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
Re: Stoke City
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 02:38:18 pm »
With this being an evening kick off, reckon will be a few more driving down.

On here - http://www.footballgroundguide.com/stoke_city/directions.htm

It says parking is available on the Screwfix site just past the ground. Anyone ever parked there?

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2011, 07:20:54 pm »
Hope they get some more bar staff on for this..   

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 11:56:10 am »
Hope they get some more bar staff on for this..   

I know it was a nightmare last month in block 35 which is normally a home area so hopefully more that side
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 08:21:30 pm »
Anyone know if the uni bar and bus from the station to the ground and back is done for midweek games?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2012, 09:15:27 pm »
From reading through this thread, it sounds like parking is pretty straightforward for this?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline liverpoolsox

• Kopite
  • Camarero
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2012, 07:12:09 am »
My first trip to the brittania was looking forward to it to be honest but reading this it looks like there isn't much going on pre match for away fans. Is it worth staying in Hanley trying to find a pub and getting a taxi to the ground later on?
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'.

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2012, 10:59:12 am »
Personally i would do that unless you go into Stoke centre. I wouldnt be going towards the ground as i couldnt get a beer before the cup game it was bloody murder, had to go straight into the ground (which is another option)! I went to the Uni before the league game but that wont be open today i wouldnt say!

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 02:55:12 pm »
Shit ground, shit fans, shit day...That is all

2 years on. Still true.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 05:16:47 pm »
Had no problems getting away after, was on the M6 within 15 mins max. Parked in one of the Ł5 places on the left off the first roundabout you come to off Sir Stanley Matthews Way. Thought I'd be queuing forever to get out and then suddenly it started moving and was fine.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #49 on: January 5, 2014, 10:48:17 pm »
So next Sunday - The Old Corner Cupboard or is the uni union still a good bet?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2015, 12:22:43 am »
A few of us are going to 'The holy inadequate' in Etruria next weekend.
Used to be my local pub back in the days once I lived in Stoke, heard that a few teams (inc arsenall) used it earlier this season.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2015, 01:14:31 am »
A few of us are going to 'The holy inadequate' in Etruria next weekend.
Used to be my local pub back in the days once I lived in Stoke, heard that a few teams (inc arsenall) used it earlier this season.
how far  from the ground is this

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2015, 08:11:17 am »
how far  from the ground is this

That's the downside, it's 3,5 miles.. But seeing as they got lots and lots of ale I think it's worth a few quid for a taxi.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186378-d2520707-Reviews-The_Holy_Inadequate-Stoke_on_Trent_Staffordshire_England.html

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #53 on: August 2, 2015, 10:33:03 pm »
I remember a place called The Terrace on Leek Road being decent in 2014 and really close by the shuttle bus stop - any advance on that in the intervening 18 months?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #54 on: August 3, 2015, 12:32:57 am »
I remember a place called The Terrace on Leek Road being decent in 2014 and really close by the shuttle bus stop - any advance on that in the intervening 18 months?

Yes was in there last season.

This season instead of going left to the Terrace bar, we are going to go right where the Stokies drink.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2015, 07:20:57 pm »
Looking at going by car next month.  Where is the best place to park?  Been three years since this was last mentioned and wondered what the current best option is?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2015, 11:39:56 pm »
Looking at going by car next month.  Where is the best place to park?  Been three years since this was last mentioned and wondered what the current best option is?

There's loads of secure private car parking just off the roundabout by the ground (by all the car showrooms), usually about a fiver. Few minutes from the ground and usually pretty quick to get away too.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2017, 12:46:09 pm »
How far is the walk from Stoke on trent train station to the ground? Google saying about 40 minute walk, hoping to get back for the 17:28 back to London, is this possible does anyone know?
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2017, 01:35:32 pm »
How far is the walk from Stoke on trent train station to the ground? Google saying about 40 minute walk, hoping to get back for the 17:28 back to London, is this possible does anyone know?
It's a good walk mate and traffic around the ground is rubbish after so don't bother with a taxi. If your a fast Walker or can run it a bit it's possible

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2017, 11:57:55 pm »
Where is decent for a drink beforehand with fellow reds? Or better off drinking in Liverpool and going straight to ground?
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2017, 11:54:59 am »

Go along the canal, it's about 30 minutes walking. Just beware though, you'll need to be out the ground ASAP as there can be a queue to get onto the footpath.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2017, 10:03:35 pm »

For future reference it took 25 minutes jog/walk last Saturday (to make the 1720 train).
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2017, 06:02:37 pm »
Any decent pubs round the stadium, preferably with our fans in them?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.