Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 234273 times)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #600 on: May 13, 2019, 09:18:57 am »
Spurs' only chance in this game has to be hope......that anything can happen in a one-off game in football.

Preparing for this game and on the actual day we must have fire in our belly and be relentless

SO important to win this.

Not just to stop all the noise surrounding us being nearly men, klopp in finals etc. that shit is annoying but not really important.....mainly for OUR lads who have been on this journey for a couple years who deserve it. we've been playing at the highest level and deserve something to show for the effort, to say that this squad are champions of Europe desevedly....not a fluke, this is our 2nd final in succession and domestically we are 1 point off another behemoth....we will have the biggest prize of all.

Then we can go about winning that league with a monkey off our shoulders and a team of winners in hand
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #601 on: May 13, 2019, 09:36:09 am »
I can't even bear to think about us losing this game. We simply have to win it.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #602 on: May 13, 2019, 09:38:49 am »
What he said.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: May 13, 2019, 09:46:14 am »
In the two games against them this year, and in the first half at anfield last season, we were on top for long periods but didn't make our superiority count. In the home fixtures this led to spurs getting a point last season, and giving us a fucking rough time this year prior to a last minute own goal. In the away fixture we were mostly comfortable but the last minute goal gave us a bit of cause for consternation.

What I'm getting at is we have to be clinical when we're on top. The game at wembley early in the season it wouldn't have flattered us to be 5-0 up by the time they scored, at anfield we should have been at least one more goal to the good by half time. Don't make those mistakes again - got to be cold and clinical.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: May 13, 2019, 09:51:44 am »

I am also a bit worried about this game, since now we are the favourites and knowing our luck in finals. I am dreading a jammy deflected free kick in the final minutes to win them the final.

If we are on our game and mentally ready for the game, we will beat them since we are a better team. If we play like against Barcelona we will win no chance. But if we are as nervous as against Wolves, misplacing passes, etc. we will lose.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #605 on: May 13, 2019, 10:27:53 am »
I am also a bit worried about this game, since now we are the favourites and knowing our luck in finals. I am dreading a jammy deflected free kick in the final minutes to win them the final.

If we are on our game and mentally ready for the game, we will beat them since we are a better team. If we play like against Barcelona we will win no chance. But if we are as nervous as against Wolves, misplacing passes, etc. we will lose.

I agree with what you say and share your fears, but I don't think we'll be as sloppy on the ball in Madrid. We weren't brilliant yesterday and it was probably down to City leading relatively early. The players will obviously have known the score and at that point there's not a whole lot they can do. Perhaps a bit of tiredness was creeping in but that very rarely seems the case with this team. To give us credit though you'd have to say we done well to keep a clean sheet against a good side and then go on to kill the game off late on.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #606 on: May 13, 2019, 10:31:10 am »
Please I hate Spurs soooooo much!!!

Why do you hate Spurs so much?

Locationally they have very little to do with Liverpool. They've never consistently challenged us for trophies. They've literally been a non-entity for all but a handful of seasons ver the last 30 years. Based on that I find it hard to be too bothered about them.

United and Everton I can understand. Chelsea to a degree. Everyone else I'm not that arsed about. That includes Spurs and City.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #607 on: May 13, 2019, 10:35:06 am »

We've literally been on our game in about 99% of the games this season. To think that's a potential issue is a bit weird.

Also pulling out the Wolves game is a bit unfair. It was an unusual situation and came off the back of physically and emotionally game against Barcelona.

Spurs are a good team but we shouldn't;t fear them. We shouldn't fear losing either. We should go into the game full of confidence. If we perform at our best then we win the game 9 times out of 10.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #608 on: May 13, 2019, 10:37:06 am »

Liverpool are not a 'nervy' team, under the circumstances yesterday it was bound to affect the players, but they still won. We took on Barca on at their place without an ounce of nerves on show, forget the result that was a pure fluke!

Liverpool have got balls of steel, it comes with the skill we have, it breeds massive confidence and self belief throughout the team. I reckon we'll go about our business as cool as you like against Spurs and pick up the trophy we richly deserve after our magnificent campaign in the process!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: May 13, 2019, 10:40:24 am »
Win this and it'll be the first of many trophies we'll win with Klopp, I think this team really needs some success and it'll find plenty.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: May 13, 2019, 10:40:29 am »

Wouldn't say we were nervous vs wolves. Tired nd leggy after the monumental effort we put in vs Barca. You are right that if we play that way vs Spurs, they will punish us, but we have weeks to recover and be at peak fitness.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: May 13, 2019, 10:47:27 am »

This

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #612 on: May 13, 2019, 11:11:42 am »
They'll give us one hell of a game, they always do.

If we could just hold our nerves we win this game 9 times out of 10.

This trophy would be of profound importance to our project. Klopp could keep on working in total peace with players believing in what we do more than ever. Can't put into words how much this would mean to us after more than a decade of trophy drought.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #613 on: May 13, 2019, 11:12:04 am »
Any of the more tactically astute out there able to do a write up of what challenge this Spurs team poses?

Ta
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #614 on: May 13, 2019, 11:17:41 am »
Any of the more tactically astute out there able to do a write up of what challenge this Spurs team poses?

Ta
....also what is the effect for both teams of having 3 weeks off? Will we arrange a closed doors friendly or 2?

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: May 13, 2019, 11:24:43 am »
We never really underperform in big games.

Started final last season very well until Salah got injured.

Just hopefully no luck against us. Lloris could have a mistake in him too. Their back 4 has declined too. Midfield not as good without Dembele.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: May 13, 2019, 11:27:50 am »

Started final last season very well until Salah got injured.

Just hopefully no luck against us. Lloris could have a mistake in him too. Their back 4 has declined too. Midfield not as good without Dembele.

To be fair Sissoko, Son and Moura have played well this season.

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #617 on: May 13, 2019, 11:34:25 am »
Having the final to look forward to made yesterday such a celebration for me, regardless of the results. We won. That's all we could do.

Even in the lead up to yesterday all I could really think of was the final.

I work with a City fan and they couldn't believe how distracted by the CL final I was.

Man for man we are simple better than Spurs. They'll also try and wedge a half-fit Kane into their team regardless of the negative impact it will have on them.

Spurs have a punchers chance but I can see us winning by 2-3 goals.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: May 13, 2019, 11:34:57 am »
To be fair Sissoko, Son and Moura have played well this season.
I would consider Son & Moura forwards.

Sissoko has done well but Dier will probably start. Unless they play Eriksen & Alli deeper.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: May 13, 2019, 11:37:33 am »
No one has a divine right to win anything, regardless of club stature, and regardless of how much we want this. Klopp needs this, the players need it, the club and so do we together as supporters. All year long the players and the manager have dealt with various tests and questions and have done everything they could to pass them, to answer them, to put themselves in the best possible position

One last time this year we need to be mentality monsters, find a way to win regardless of performance like we've been doing all year, one last time we need to be aggressive and angry, one last time we have to win any way any how just get it done, and create our own history a new chapter

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: May 13, 2019, 11:47:48 am »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48243885

I do feel however, that if Liverpool fail to win the Champions League, and that is by no means certain, it may hasten Van Dijk's departure. Players of his class need to be playing for the best team in the world.

I love it, I fucking love it. The next 3 weeks are going to be glorious as it starts to dawn on the bitter c*nts they don't have a doped up club to stop us and winning no.6 is inevitable.

The absolute state of the BBC these days though. Another one to pin up in the dressing room.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: May 13, 2019, 11:49:29 am »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48243885

I love it, I fucking love it. The next 3 weeks are going to be glorious as it starts to dawn on the bitter c*nts they don't have a doped up club to stop us and winning no.6 is inevitable.

The absolute state of the BBC these days though. Another one to pin up in the dressing room.

Crooks shouldn't be taken seriously ever, especially when saying that about Virgil. Van Dijk loves it here and he's staying!

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #622 on: May 13, 2019, 11:59:20 am »
Generally we have under-performed in big away games this season. This is my only worry for the final, hopefully with our fans always dominating CL finals our players will feel more at home and perform like they usually do at Anfield.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #623 on: May 13, 2019, 12:03:09 pm »

This a million times!!! Losing is just not a fucking option here. I honestly don't care how we do it just win!! please please just win!

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: May 13, 2019, 12:05:27 pm »
The massive three week wait helps spurs recover - if this was next week we would be all over them. Such a long wait really helps balance the odds. Lots of time for physical conditioning, players coming back, set pieces, penalties etc.

I can’t remember such a gap before a one off game.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: May 13, 2019, 12:08:33 pm »
The massive three week wait helps spurs recover - if this was next week we would be all over them. Such a long wait really helps balance the odds. Lots of time for physical conditioning, players coming back, set pieces, penalties etc.

It helps us with Firmino too, plus it’s only a few days more than last seasons CL final.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: May 13, 2019, 12:08:48 pm »

That's a double edged sword. You could argue the momentum stops with a 3 week gap which doesn't help either side.

Since the beginning of the year Spurs have lost 13 games. Form wise this year they are erratic but have raised their game in the Champions league when it mattered.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: May 13, 2019, 12:14:07 pm »
Liverpool are not a 'nervy' team, under the circumstances yesterday it was bound to affect the players, but they still won. We took on Barca on at their place without an ounce of nerves on show, forget the result that was a pure fluke!

Liverpool have got balls of steel, it comes with the skill we have, it breeds massive confidence and self belief throughout the team. I reckon we'll go about our business as cool as you like against Spurs and pick up the trophy we richly deserve after our magnificent campaign in the process!

I am not saying we in are a nervy side. However we tend to have nervous patches in games like yesterday, but also demonstrated in all our away CL games (Except Munich away). So it is a factor that we need to be aware of and manage the occassion. However, I believe, we are better equipped to deal with the nerves and pressure than Spurs are, because we have been here before and are used to play under pressure for the last 2 months.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #628 on: May 13, 2019, 12:15:17 pm »
That's a double edged sword. You could argue the momentum stops with a 3 week gap which doesn't help either side.

Since the beginning of the year Spurs have lost 13 games. Form wise this year they are erratic but have raised their game in the Champions league when it mattered.

The wait from Brighton to Madrid was 13 days, this year from yesterday to Spurs it's 20. Suppose it's not that bad and I'd expect Bobby to be alright come then. The wait already though does seem longer which is strange, it's felt like time is dragging since Tuesday night for me. I think it's because of the pressure we'll be under strangely enough, it feels like hell and the thought of losing it is painful, but I think if we turn up and play to our best, there'll only be one winner - and that is the reds.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #629 on: May 13, 2019, 12:17:47 pm »
OOOH ME NERVES

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #630 on: May 13, 2019, 12:19:29 pm »
In every conceivable metric we are better than Spurs. But it’s a one off game so anything can happen.  It won’t mind, we’ll slot two in first half and they’ll lose their heads chasing it by the 60th leaving them 4-0 down

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: May 13, 2019, 12:23:40 pm »
It has to be written that the Ox get the winner!!!

Out all season with an injury..... pops up and wins it as an ex arsenal player against Spurs!!!!

Please I hate Spurs soooooo much!!!

Have to say i don't hate them at all to be honest. A properly run club with a manager who has shown his quality and hasn't had a questionable regime backing him. Out of all the other "top" clubs in the country i dislike them the least. Harry Kane is a c*nt though
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: May 13, 2019, 12:27:19 pm »
Crooks shouldn't be taken seriously ever, especially when saying that about Virgil. Van Dijk loves it here and he's staying!

Crooks is a madman. Can't be taken seriously in any way to be honest.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #633 on: May 13, 2019, 12:38:43 pm »
Crooks is a madman. Can't be taken seriously in any way to be honest.

It's a seriously stupid comment because Virgil had a choice between Chelsea, us and City and chose us.
You try me once you beg for more.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: May 13, 2019, 12:49:27 pm »
Generally we have under-performed in big away games this season. This is my only worry for the final, hopefully with our fans always dominating CL finals our players will feel more at home and perform like they usually do at Anfield.

We didn't under perform against Bayern or Barca for that matter away.  And those are our most recent big away games in the competition.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: May 13, 2019, 12:50:43 pm »
I am not saying we in are a nervy side. However we tend to have nervous patches in games like yesterday, but also demonstrated in all our away CL games (Except Munich away). So it is a factor that we need to be aware of and manage the occassion. However, I believe, we are better equipped to deal with the nerves and pressure than Spurs are, because we have been here before and are used to play under pressure for the last 2 months.

Nerves wasn't an issue yesterday, we were bloody exhausted we just had played on Tuesday and put in the greatest performance in a semi-final in the history of the competition

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #636 on: May 13, 2019, 12:51:31 pm »
There's no way we'll suffer such bad luck in two consecutive finals. Salah getting crocked, then Karius getting his head smashed in, sending him west for the rest of the match.

I'll get nervous as we get closer but if nothing crazy happens again, then I just can't see us winning by less than 2-3 goals.

We have a better goalie, better full-backs, better centre halves, better midfielders, better strikers, a stronger bench, a better manager, more motivation to win, more experience of CL finals, more fans on the day, louder support, better form leading into the final.

In at least 5 positions we conceivably have the best player in the world on current form. They have none.

It will be difficult but, as has been mentioned, by any conceivable metric that can influence the outcome, we are stronger.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #637 on: May 13, 2019, 12:51:44 pm »

Yes but we need that rest also. We get Firmino back in that time hopefully. It gives Kane a chance to rush back and run around for 70 odd minutes at 70% doing absolutely nothing but stifle their play as well.

Gives both sides plenty of time on the training pitch putting specific plans together. We are going to get some set piece goals. Suspect the first goal will be from a set piece and the scorer of it will go on to win the game.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: May 13, 2019, 12:53:13 pm »
Three fecking weeks  :butt

I am very hopeful of a win here. I think any disappointment felt over the league will be used and channelled by Klopp plus of course last year's final to have the team so motivated, angry and fired up that I just can't see us losing.

We were a little "rabbit in the headlights" last year and I suspect a lot of Spurs players will be the same this. To us, I think it will as normal a game as possible and the desire to win it will be insurmountable for Spurs.

Seriously, three fecking weeks???

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #639 on: May 13, 2019, 01:15:13 pm »
Not sure why the gap has gone from two weeks to three. Presumably not all the main markets are having their domestic cup final next week? Two weeks more than enough for us...hopefully three gives Harry Kane time to be just about fit and displaces Son or Moura, which will help us I think.

Anyways, can you imagine our boys after three weeks rest? They'll be all over Spurs like a pack of lions on an antelope. We are bringing No. 6 home.

Up the brilliant reds!  :scarf :champ :scarf