Author Topic: Alien: Covenant  (Read 13324 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Alien: Covenant
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 08:59:35 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EkXgRlRao5I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EkXgRlRao5I</a>

Feels like an Alien film, bit uninspired by the cast though.

Why is there a Jawa in the trailer?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 09:10:26 pm »
I love the very Gigery monochrome 'biomechanical wall of sickness' aesthetic of that poster, but you do have a point there. The xenomorph hasn't been particularly rapey (that whole slow creeping physically intrusive thing) since the original, from what I can recall now of all the others.

One of the most discomforting things about Giger's best work is that incredibly dark and grim sensual, often explicitly carnal vibe, that sort of gives you hints of primordial feelings you don't really know what to do with. Horribly beautiful & unwillingly erotic, and that should always inform the design of the aliens, not just horrible alone. The facehugger stage is the one thing that has remained incredibly disturbing throughout everything, for that entire intimate assault on your person that constitutes its life cycle.

They just don't hire enough artistically adept sick fucks for these sorts of things anymore
Not sure about that. To me it looks like a big, weird Alien orgy going on there. Or maybe that's just me.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 09:29:28 pm »
There is a writhing BDSM mass of bodies, so I guess he might well be gittin' sum sugah in amongst it.

I was referring more to the films since the original, how that aspect has fallen away quite a bit. The original is absolutely full of rape symbolism, including that fucked up scene where Ash, a confessed admirer of the efficient cruelty of the 'perfect organism', suddenly decides to orally assault Ripley with a rolled-up magazine rather than just snap her neck or whatever. That film must have totally sent heads west in 1979.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 09:40:02 pm »
Artists and their twisted minds, eh.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2017, 09:11:46 am »
Not sure about that. To me it looks like a big, weird Alien orgy going on there. Or maybe that's just me.

Looks like Aliens to me. There were people cocooned in the walls there including the gal who begged Ripley to kill her.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2017, 02:10:33 am »
Looks like Aliens to me. There were people cocooned in the walls there including the gal who begged Ripley to kill her.
It's got a very pre raphaelite, biblical overtone to it. I think that's what it was going for. 

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:12:34 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2017, 01:01:32 pm »

Bit like the average Netflix subscriber on hearing the news Adam Sandler has 4 movies confirmed on Netflix.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2017, 06:06:57 pm »
Putting Adam Sandler in an Alien film would be a stroke of genius.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2017, 07:48:21 pm »
Ridley said he could make 4 more Alien prequels.

He is 80 years old in November. You could just see a comedy skit with him and James Cameron in an old age home, weeing themselves over which Avatar or Alien sequel was the best.

You're having a go at his age really?

FFS.

I liked the trailer. I like Prometheus. I lknow many didn't, but I've been a fan of Alien since it first game out.

Looking forward to this one. I'm one of the few that liked all the films. I've read all the scripts (Original and Screen) and seen the books and own most of the script buildups.

I think I'll enjoy it :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2017, 05:22:21 pm »
Was hoping for a Prometheus sequel that continued from where we left Elizabeth and David flying off to get answers. Don't think this will be it.

Looks like it is. Latest trailers and screen shots give away a lot more info than the first trailer did.  What happened to David and Shaw can be pieced together somewhat.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 07:53:40 pm »
Anyone off to see Alien this eve?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 10:21:20 pm »
"Look on my works ye mighty and despair"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XeMVrnYNwus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XeMVrnYNwus</a>

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2017, 01:36:33 am »
"Look on my works ye mighty and despair"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XeMVrnYNwus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XeMVrnYNwus</a>

That looks pretty good! David the mighty! That bombing shot will be in the film I'm sure. The earlier parts? They look filmed especially for that video.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2017, 09:40:30 am »
Looks like it is. Latest trailers and screen shots give away a lot more info than the first trailer did.  What happened to David and Shaw can be pieced together somewhat.

Very excited about this now.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2017, 10:54:01 am »
She obvs fancies Dave way more than she did her boyf. She clearly couldn't give too much of a shit that he totally fucked Holloway up for no good reason, resulting in his excruciating demise via flamethrower. And also that he was the direct architect of her giving impromptu caesarean birth to a Lovecraftian squid.

All's fair in love and war, I guess.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2017, 11:41:12 am »
She obvs fancies Dave way more than she did her boyf. She clearly couldn't give too much of a shit that he totally fucked Holloway up for no good reason, resulting in his excruciating demise via flamethrower. And also that he was the direct architect of her giving impromptu caesarean birth to a Lovecraftian squid.

Hey, well we all make mistakes.

(Looking forward to this now, mainly as it will look amazing)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2017, 12:05:25 am »
Yeah Prometheus was a massive let down, one of the worst ever for me.

But I'm going to IMAX asap and letting myself get hyped again because I enjoy the emotional disappointment.

The Alien world actually looks fantastic, shame we're getting a run of the mill Alien film out of it.
:D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2017, 12:58:44 am »
Anyone else going to see it on the 11th?

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2017, 03:44:06 am »
Anyone else going to see it on the 11th?

Oh, you betcha.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2017, 09:35:10 am »
I actually like Prometheus a lot. Looking forward to this too.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2017, 12:54:48 pm »
That trailer has got me pumped for this film.

The engineers planet wow,that city looks like ancient rome.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2017, 12:58:03 pm »
Had a nightmare last night that I was on the engineer planet with xenomorphs, wasn't fun.

Thought the movie came out today, planned to go :lmao
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2017, 03:54:15 pm »
I reckon it's time for a few more Crossovers.

Alien v Hellboy

Alien v Alice (Resident Evil)

Alien v Mr. Bean

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2017, 11:21:45 am »

Alien v Hellboy

Alien v Mr. Bean

Mr. Bean? The Xenomorph would end up covered in yogurt not knowing what ht him.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2017, 08:19:04 pm »

Alien v Hellboy

Alien v Mr. Bean

Alien V Dredd or Alien V Batman would be two i'd want to see.

Both outstanding comics.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2017, 08:39:24 pm »

Both outstanding comics.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fSxe8E4HRHE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fSxe8E4HRHE</a>

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2017, 09:23:48 pm »

Both outstanding comics.

There was a Predator v Batman comic about 20 odd years ago if I remember.  Batman ends up using one of his bionic suits to beat the shit out of it.  ;D *spoilers*

The Alien world actually looks fantastic, shame we're getting a run of the mill Alien film out of it.

to be honest, after some of the servings in the franchise a run of the mill Alien film would probably be a step up.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 2, 2017, 01:28:10 pm »
This is quite interesting video in regard to the Engineers,and how they could be 2 warring factions,The Creators and the Destroyers.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/47UBRxKjQzA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/47UBRxKjQzA</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 2, 2017, 03:18:39 pm »
You're having a go at his age really?

FFS.

I liked the trailer. I like Prometheus. I lknow many didn't, but I've been a fan of Alien since it first game out.

Looking forward to this one. I'm one of the few that liked all the films. I've read all the scripts (Original and Screen) and seen the books and own most of the script buildups.

I think I'll enjoy it :)

I think you will too.

Not really having a go at this age just the number of sequels these guys thinks everyone want. Like Covenant could be really good (I hope it is) but who is thinking, wow, what we really need is another TWO PREQUELS to get us to Alien.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #69 on: May 3, 2017, 08:20:48 am »
I think you will too.

Not really having a go at this age just the number of sequels these guys thinks everyone want. Like Covenant could be really good (I hope it is) but who is thinking, wow, what we really need is another TWO PREQUELS to get us to Alien.

Just wait for another four/five years when you'll be thinking 'wow, what we really need is another TWO PREQUELS to get us to Prometheus'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 3, 2017, 11:55:33 am »
I think you will too.

It's a situation that's exactly the same as what went on with Man of Steel. The film (Prometheus) received massive flack from all angles, but instead of trying to fix the final act of the film that was terrible like it was in MoS - which was obvious that they tried to at the start of BvS - they had to make an entirely new film because everything in Prometheus was just a broken mess. This is a film that comes across - to me anyway - as a reboot/remake/sequel-prequel of a botched prequel. I think I may have just invented a new term for Hollywood to latch onto there.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2017, 11:11:59 pm »
I enjoyed it mostly but there was absolutely nothing new about it. Mind you I really liked Prometheus.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2017, 11:18:04 pm »
I enjoyed it mostly but there was absolutely nothing new about it. Mind you I really liked Prometheus.

We talking Alien3 level enjoyment or Resurrection? ..... or God forbid AvP 😩

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2017, 11:45:57 pm »
We talking Alien3 level enjoyment or Resurrection? ..... or God forbid AvP 😩
Better than those IMO.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2017, 11:52:37 pm »
Better than those IMO.

Will probably go watch it next week but struggle to get too enthusiastic as Ripley is such a part of What made the franchise

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2017, 12:00:52 am »
Gotta love RAWK, we got Alien: Covenant thread  :)

Been a fan of this franchise since childhood, really looking forward to seeing this one.
Those of you who have seen it, how was the story?

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2017, 06:15:04 am »
Gotta love RAWK, we got Alien: Covenant thread  :)

Been a fan of this franchise since childhood, really looking forward to seeing this one.
Those of you who have seen it, how was the story?

Easy to follow. I saw it the other night, was pretty good overall. Apart from the Xeno birth which was absolutely cack. The new neopmorphs are amazing though. Speaking of which, Fassbenders performances as David and Walter are superb.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2017, 06:36:08 am »
Seeing it tonight with the missus. Really looking forward to it.

To think a haunted house franchise based on an insect and Agatha Christie has done so well is great :)

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2017, 09:16:45 am »
Preferred Prometheus.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2017, 11:44:08 pm »
Preferred Prometheus.
Me too.

Spoiler
The dance off with the new-born alien was weird
[close]