Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 185516 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2015, 12:46:27 pm »
Very slow this week
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2015, 01:04:34 pm »
Not seen this Mondays.

Think its interesting that we'll see Jimmy and Mike turn into criminals, much like we saw Walt do in Breaking Bad.

Question, did they ever mention in BB that Mike was ex-police?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:21:27 pm by Jimmy Conway »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2015, 01:57:03 pm »
Not seen this Mondays.

Think its interesting that we'll see Jimmy and Mike turn into criminals, much like we saw Walt do in Breaking Bad.

Question, did they ever mention in BB that Mike was ex-police?

Yeah - there was the 'half measures' story he told Walt about dealing with the domestic abuser.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2015, 07:31:10 pm »
Fairly average this week. Found it hard to keep concentrated on it.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2015, 11:03:31 pm »
I thought this weeks was good,showing how he gets his firm up and running.

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:04 am »
I just feel like they need more storylines or something. The focus is always on him, every scene he's practically in it. In Breaking Bad, you had so many characters that you were invested in - Walt wasn't in every single scene. I'm feeling like they drag some scenes out in this a bit too much just to fill up time.

Still one of the better things on TV, but I'm growing a bit more weary and bored by the episode.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2015, 05:40:45 am »
first weak episode - the whole thing was like a three minute sketch extended to 45 minutes.  the secondary characters that are given screentime are not very interesting, and the intriguing characters are barely involved yet (chuck fascinates me).

Spoiler
i think gilligan has gone back to the tried and tested formula - downtrodden, underappreciated schmuck figures out a niche for himself and prospers - he even ended up at gunpoint in the desert at the end of the first episode, and has a giant firm that shares his name to measure his rise against.  the fact that we know what his ultimate fate is means the parallel with BB is just as marked in his subsequent decline.  it's very familiar ground, so far.

still, the chance to watch BB play out all over again is perfectly fine by me :)
[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2015, 05:55:35 am »
I don`t know. I liked that it was slow. In some ways it reminded me of the episode where Walter White tries to get a fly out of his drug lab. That`s a pretty slow episode, but I guess that is the idea.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2015, 07:15:05 am »
Thought that was another brilliant episode myself.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2015, 08:09:51 am »

This!
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2015, 08:47:39 am »

me too
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2015, 10:42:56 am »
Not as good as the previous one.

Spoiler
The whole thing with the other lawyer found it uninteresting
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2015, 02:53:42 am »
I really enjoyed it. I think some forget how fucking slow Breaking Bad could be.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2015, 09:52:14 am »
Really weird that so many were less keen on this weeks episode.

After an indifferent first few weeks for me, I thought that this week it started to gain some momentum and I felt like I was able to understand and relate to the characters and long term storylines (i.e. the evolution into 'Saul') a little bit more.

I think it's building quite nicely

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2015, 12:27:13 am »
I really enjoyed it. I think some forget how fucking slow Breaking Bad could be.

really? i watched BB back and i was amazed by what a rollercoaster the whole series is.  it was never this slow - not that i have a problem with this being slow at all... i just have a problem with an episode based on a single gag.  still very watchable though.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2015, 03:23:49 am »
That episode was class you buttholes!

I'll come into Mc Donalds where you work, I'll buy the whole damn place and I'll fire you. I'll say "drop your mops you butthoooles because your fired" and then I'll roundhouse kick you right in your stupid heads.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:30:58 am by 51cam »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #216 on: March 3, 2015, 09:10:24 pm »
This weeks episode was OK again.

No real progression, maybe only a small bit.

There were some laugh out loud moments in it. Its a slow burner this and Im willing to give it every chance but it hasn't really done it for me yet. Im hoping it will.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 4, 2015, 03:04:29 am »
I've really liked the last 2 episodes, and I was someone who wasn't enthralled by the first.

Just think Saul is a brilliant character.

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 4, 2015, 05:40:36 am »
Enjoyed this last episode much more than the previous 2.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #219 on: March 4, 2015, 09:10:39 am »
there's a decent plot in there trying to get out......but the pace of the thing is far too plodding.....needs a bit of heat under its arse
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 4, 2015, 12:58:38 pm »
there's a decent plot in there trying to get out......but the pace of the thing is far too plodding.....needs a bit of heat under its arse

On the contary I'm liking the way they're showing Jimmy to be a guy of high morale standing(ish), a family guy etc..... Seeing him go corrupt is going to be epic.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #221 on: March 4, 2015, 12:59:29 pm »

Yeah needs to get going shortly..

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 4, 2015, 01:22:37 pm »
I like it a lot, as Saul himself is entertaining, but I think it needs something of a long narrative arc to emerge soon. I know we know where the characters will end up, but I want to see something a bit bigger in scope than bumbling around until they find themselves at the BB timeline. I'm sure they will do something like this soon.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 4, 2015, 01:23:09 pm »
Oh, and
Spoiler
Sex toilet
[close]
had me in stitches. Absolutely class.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 4, 2015, 01:29:50 pm »
Quite a slow episode yesterday, you can tell it's all leading somewhere though and building his 'Saul Goodman' character up more every episode.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 4, 2015, 01:59:07 pm »
On the contary I'm liking the way they're showing Jimmy to be a guy of high morale standing(ish), a family guy etc..... Seeing him go corrupt is going to be epic.
He's already pretty corrupt in fairness. Scamming people seems to be his thing, just not on such a large scale as yet.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #226 on: March 4, 2015, 02:25:52 pm »
He's already pretty corrupt in fairness. Scamming people seems to be his thing, just not on such a large scale as yet.

I don't think he's scammed anyone apart from the Kettlemans yet (apart from the Cicero flashback).
He's providing legitimate legal services to the OAPs, and the crazy secessionist tried to scam him out of money with the made-up currency.

He's not adverse to taking a short-cut or two, but 'pretty corrupt' is a big stretch.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 4, 2015, 02:29:20 pm »
I don't think he's scammed anyone apart from the Kettlemans yet (apart from the Cicero flashback).
He's providing legitimate legal services to the OAPs, and the crazy secessionist tried to scam him out of money with the made-up currency.

He's not adverse to taking a short-cut or two, but 'pretty corrupt' is a big stretch.

His brother referenced a habit for shady stuff, I think he is trying to be legit for the sake of his health though.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 4, 2015, 03:37:22 pm »

He's already taken a wad of dirty money in the form of a bribe.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 4, 2015, 03:44:44 pm »
His point still stands though, it does seem like it's about his transition from wheeler and dealer Jimmy McGill to fully-fledged go-to guy Saul Goodman

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #230 on: March 4, 2015, 03:53:51 pm »
Don't think its been great, still very watchable and entertaining, but most of the humour falls flat for me, I would like at least one reference to Slippin' Jimmy per episode though.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #231 on: March 4, 2015, 04:05:19 pm »
He was also slippin' Jimmy, and scammed the public at large with he billboard. But obviously these things are compared what he gets into.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 4, 2015, 04:20:35 pm »
His point still stands though, it does seem like it's about his transition from wheeler and dealer Jimmy McGill to fully-fledged go-to guy Saul Goodman
I get that, but petty scams and taking large bribes hardly constitutes someone of a 'high morale standing'.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 4, 2015, 04:25:25 pm »
i like the quietness of it, jimmy's love for his deluded brother and all that.  the client visits were obvious, but really funny.  i'll be laughing about the sex toilet for years :lmao

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 4, 2015, 04:41:50 pm »

He's slippin jimmy
cyas

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #235 on: March 4, 2015, 04:51:56 pm »
Spoiler
Did anyone find the scene with the old woman coming down the stairs on the machine funny?

Then when she was walking over slowly :lmao Its cruel I know but Saul seemed utterly distraught and anxious just to get the cash and it took her forever :lmao

Thought it was hilarious for some reason.
[close]

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 4, 2015, 04:56:44 pm »
I get that, but petty scams and taking large bribes hardly constitutes someone of a 'high morale standing'.

True. I get what he means though, he did see that taking the bribe was the wrong thing and I think right now he's more desperate than he is a crook. He is pretty desperate though.  ;D He struggled with the idea of letting that gangster steal from the Kettlemans and eventually warned them. We've been shown the bills mounting, him doing a lot of public defence, him trying to hide his exploits from his brother who he dearly cares for. He's struggling right now and I'm excited to watch the transition.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #237 on: March 4, 2015, 09:01:31 pm »
Spoiler
Did anyone find the scene with the old woman coming down the stairs on the machine funny?

Then when she was walking over slowly :lmao Its cruel I know but Saul seemed utterly distraught and anxious just to get the cash and it took her forever :lmao

Thought it was hilarious for some reason.
[close]

Not  the only one mate. The awkwardness of it all made it funny for me!

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 5, 2015, 03:55:05 am »
Spoiler
Yeah. Think that was a great episode again. Have thought every episode been excellent. I'm surprised people think its not progressing. I find brilliantly unique that we know where he is going but learning the little details of how he gets there is fascinating. It would be difficult to develop characters if everything was 100mph from the get go.

The closing of that episode was excellent. Someone mentioned earlier on here that there was too much of a focus on Jimmy. Well, the POV had began to open somewhat with perspective swapping to Mike for the first time at the end of this episode. We're obviously going to learn how Jimmy/Saul developed the relationship with him in the next few episodes and he'll jump back to being a criminal lawyer. I feel a line he issued earlier in the season, 'the punishment fitting the crime' is gonna be the theme of his rise but we'll see.

I find the slow stuff funny. Old woman coming down the stairs, etc. It's comedy. It is being used a lot and I love it.

Really wanna know what his past with the female lawyer is. That is going to be a key relationship I reckon.
[close]

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #239 on: March 5, 2015, 12:53:45 pm »
another slow burner episode but still keeping my interest. The first scene with the cowboy had me thinking YES, hes finally in the big time now thanks to his billboard stunt. no more shitty cases...then i quickly realised things were too good to be true and pissed myself when i seen the cash haha!!

Also, second the old lady coming down the stairs. you hear the noise but haven't a clue what it is. The utter despair on his face was quite empathising. I have a feeling he turns to the dark side when his mad brother kicks the bucket. Mentioned he only gets sick when he does bad things. Liked the closing scene with mike. I have a feeling this will go on for yonks. so many people wanting a lot RIGHT NOW. this will be a long one, just like the sex toilet...OHHH THATS LONG, GIVE IT TO ME   :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao