Author Topic: Fantasy Dinner Party Draft - Selection thread  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Fantasy Dinner Party Draft - Selection thread
« on: March 15, 2021, 08:55:25 am »

You are hosting a dinner party with eight other people, living or dead, from any timeframe with everyone able to communicate with and understand each other, but who do you invite? It needs to consist of the following:

1 Actor
1 Musician/singer
1 Politician/statesperson
1 Comedian
1 Writer
1 Fictional character
2 Wild Cards

Since it's an all-time draft, specify the year or era for each pick along with the category. Wild card can be anything including repetitions of categories you've already picked. To avoid bias, NO current or ex-Liverpool FC staff. Category picks need to be primarily from that category: A sportsperson or actor isn't a writer just because they've written an autobiography. Having a couple of film roles doesn't make you an actor if you have decades as a musician behind you.

The criteria for voting is simple: which party would you most like to attend? When picking, you can choose any strategy you want, for any reason. Maybe you want to just choose the eight people you'd most like to meet. Maybe you'd like to invite Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson and seven left-wing firebrands to tear him a new one over three courses. Or perhaps you'd just like to invite the people in each category you find physically attractive. Don't be afraid to think outside the box, as long as you can convince other people. One thing to keep in mind however is chemistry. Do you want guests who'll spend the whole night arguing? Or a couple of vegans on a table full of carnivores?

Here is the order (I used this randomiser)

Djozer: Gandhi - POL (40's), Stephen Fry - COM (2000's), Nic Cage - ACT (90's?), Tom Waits - MUS (80's), James Joyce - WRI (early 20th century), Gautama Buddha - WC (5th century), Bernard Black - FIC, St. Vincent - WC (2010's)
Lobo: Larry David - COM (2010's), Ricky Gervais - WC (2010's), L. Ron Hubbard - WRI (??), Bill Murray - ACT (80's), Michael Jackson - MUS (2000's), John F. Kennedy - POL (presumably early 60's), David Brent - FIC (series 1), Iron Mike Tyson - WC (1990's)
Andy: Jack Nicholson - ACT (80's), Kurt Cobain - MUS (90's), Fidel Castro - POL (70's), Super Hans - FIC (Early PS), Hunter S. Thompson - WRI (70's), Pablo Escobar - WC (1980's), Richard Pryor - COM (70's), Pamela Anderson - WC (1990's)
Sangria: Marlon Brando - ACT (50's), Haruki Murakami - WRI (90's), Dennis Reynolds - FIC, Debbie Harry - MUS (70's), Phil Jackson - WC (1990's), Jacinda Ahern - POL (2010's), Vincent Van Gogh - WC (1890's) 
Sheer: Barack Obama - POL (2012), Chris Rock - COM (2005), Dorothy Parker - WRI (late 1920's), David Bowie - MUS (1980), Tyrion Lannister - FIC (Season 2), Audrey Hepburn - ACT (early 60's), Salma Hayek - WC (2004)
Trend: Mark Twain - WRI (1900's), George Carlin - COM (2000's), Bob Marley - MUS (70's), Tony Benn - POL (80's), Marilyn Monroe - ACT (50's), Lisabeth Salander - FIC, Cornel West - WC (now), Eduardo Galeano - WC (now)
Bobby: MLK - POL (60's), Oscar Wilde - WRI (1890's), Tommy Cooper - COM (70's), John Lennon - MUS ('ETERNAL'), James Dean - ACT (50's), Shaft - FIC, Grace Jones - WC (90s), Jackie Kennedy - WC (60's)
Buck Pete: Quentin Tarantino - WRI (Now), Steve Coogan - COM (Now), Oliver Reed - ACT (70's), Father Ted - FIC (90's show version), Desmond Tutu - POL (present day), Bon Scott - MUS (70's), Joan Rivers - WC (???), Katherine Jenkins - WC (Now)
Sarge: Bill Hicks - COM (90's), Maggie Thatcher - POL (80's), Gordon Gekko - FIC, Springsteen - MUS (80's), Aaron Sorkin - WRI (90's), Robin Williams (???), Marty Scorsese - WC (now), Muhammed Ali - WC (60's).

Start when ready. We'll be lax for the first round, two hours per pick after that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:24:06 am by Sheer Magnetism »

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fantasy Dinner Party Draft - Selection thread
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 11:27:38 am »
Gandhi (40s)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 12:00:11 pm »
Comedian - Larry David (10s)

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 12:09:34 pm »
Actor - Jack Nicholson (80s)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 12:26:47 pm »
Actor - 1950s - Marlon Brando

“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 12:40:40 pm »
Barack Obama - Politician (c.2012)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z7x4ZS7ZZWc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z7x4ZS7ZZWc</a>

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 01:00:19 pm »
Mark Twain (Aka Samuel Clemens) - 1900s WRITER

The Greatest Mark Twain quotes

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

“Golf is a good walk spoiled.”

“If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re mis-informed.”

“I don’t like to commit myself about heaven and hell – you see, I have friends in both places.”

“The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop.”

“A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.”
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 10:36:04 pm »
Quentin Tarantino - Writer - Present Day

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 11:09:00 pm »
Martin Luther King Jr - Statesperson - 60's

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 11:12:51 pm »
Bill Hicks (Comedian) 90s

Maggie Thatcher (Politics) 80s

Y.N.W.A.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 11:23:35 pm »
Steve Coogan - Comedian - Present 

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 11:43:20 pm »
Oscar Wilde - Writer - 1890's

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 04:19:58 pm by vivabobbygraham »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 11:58:04 pm »
George Carlin - Comedian (00's)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fT03vCaL-F0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fT03vCaL-F0</a>

Carlin quotes

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.”

“That’s why they call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

“By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.”

"Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups."

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 09:51:45 am »
Chris Rock (c.2005) - Comedian, a man who does love Seinfeld and the Wu-Tang Clan

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-jaqBRsTQgI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-jaqBRsTQgI</a>

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 11:03:44 am »
Writer - 90s Haruki Murakami
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2021, 11:12:56 am »
Musician - Kurt Cobain (90s)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 11:21:37 am »
Wildcard 1 - Ricky Gervais (10s)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:51:52 am by fucking appalled »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2021, 01:04:57 pm »
Stephen Fry - comedian* - 2000s

Nicolas Cage - actor

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 01:49:00 pm by Djozer »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 02:01:36 pm »
Writer - L Ron Hubbard

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 02:03:49 pm »
Politician - Fidel Castro (60s)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 02:05:46 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 02:19:28 pm »
Fictional Character 10s - Dennis Reynolds

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2021, 03:18:21 pm »
Dorothy Parker - writer (late 1920's)

“I like to have a martini,
Two at the very most.
After three I'm under the table,
after four I'm under my host.”

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2021, 03:23:12 pm »
Bob Marley - Musician (1970s)

Marley quotes

“I don’t believe in death, neither in flesh nor in spirit.”

"some people feel the rain, others just get wet."

"The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a women without the intention of loving her."

"Conquer the devils with a little thing called love."

"One love, one heart, Let's get together and feel alright."

"My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QRHV7xZXxmg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QRHV7xZXxmg</a>

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2021, 04:23:08 pm »
Tommy Cooper - Comedian - 70's

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2021, 04:42:31 pm »
Oliver Reed - Actor - 1970's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2021, 04:48:41 pm »
SARGE Selects ---  Gordon Gekko - Fictional Character & Snoop Dog - Musician

Gordon Gekko (Fictional) 80s

Snoop Dogg (Musician) 00s

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2021, 08:15:38 pm »
John Lennon - Musician - 60’s

« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 08:09:28 am by vivabobbygraham »

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2021, 08:21:12 pm »

Trend

Tony Benn - POLITICAL (80's)

Tony Benn Quotes

"I have tried to define democracy, and worked out five criteria. If you meet a powerful person, ask them five questions: What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interest do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? How could we get rid of you? Because if you can’t get rid of the people who have power over you they don’t have to listen to you."

"Well I came across Marx rather late in life actually, and when I read him, two things: first of all I realised that he'd come to the conclusion about capitalism which I'd come to much later, and I was a bit angry he'd thought of it first; and secondly, I see Marx who was an old Jew, as the last of the Old Testament Prophets, this old bearded man working in the British Library, studying capitalism, that's what 'Das Kapital' was about, it was an explanation of British capitalism. And I thought to myself, 'Well anyone could write a book like that, but what infuses, what comes out of his writing, is the passionate hostility to the injustice of capitalism. He was a Prophet, and so I put him in that category as an Old Testament Prophet."

"It is wholly wrong to blame Marx for what was done in his name, as it is to blame Jesus for what was done in his"

"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people."

"An educated, healthy and confident nation is harder to govern.  I think there are two ways in which people are controlled. First of all frighten people and secondly, demoralize them."

Y.N.W.A.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2021, 09:02:15 pm »
Father Ted Crilly - Fictional - 90's

« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:01:10 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2021, 09:28:50 pm »
David Bowie (c.1980): Musician

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 10:40:57 pm by Sheer Magnetism »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2021, 09:58:16 pm »
Musician - 70s - Debbie Harry

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2021, 10:05:45 pm »
Fictional - Super Hans (00s)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2021, 10:15:17 pm »
Actor - Bill Murray (80s)

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2021, 11:55:08 pm »
Tom Waits - musician - 80s

James Joyce - writer - early 20th century

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2021, 09:25:12 am »
Singer - Michael Jackson - 00s

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2021, 09:30:28 am »
Writer - Hunter S. Thompson (70s)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2021, 10:32:52 am »
Wild Card - 90s - Phil Jackson

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2021, 10:57:21 am »
Tyrion Lannister (c. Season 2 of GOT): Fictional character

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hYwm8tzH7cc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hYwm8tzH7cc</a>
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 11:03:23 am by Sheer Magnetism »

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2021, 11:06:15 am »
Trend

Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe Quotes

“Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

“That’s the way you feel when you’re beaten inside. You don’t feel angry at those who’ve beaten you. You just feel ashamed.”

“Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one.”

“If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything.”

“It’s nice to be included in people’s fantasies but you also like to be accepted for your own sake.”

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qvoqK6aLE2E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qvoqK6aLE2E</a>

Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2021, 11:38:12 am »
Snoop out The Boss in.

Y.N.W.A.