Author Topic: Mass shooting in Christchurch NZ  (Read 23487 times)

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mass shooting in Christchurch NZ
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 09:11:51 am »
Sickening.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2019, 09:16:35 am »
Fucking sickening. A disgrace to the human race.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2019, 09:27:45 am »
Quite right. I've deleted the post. It was a momentary frustration, and was really aimed at the enablers who will deny it's such a thing.

In fact the response from NZ has been impeccable. As I would expect, from that wonderful country

A fair point mate. It’s easy to allow our emotions to run away at times like these. No harm done on these boards.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2019, 09:28:29 am »

Sickening.

Where are they from?

People should be reporting them to the police and their employers.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2019, 09:31:07 am »
Heartbreaking.  Just so so wrong.  What kind of person/people does this??   :'( :butt
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2019, 09:31:46 am »
Terrible news!

A seperate incident also happened yesterday in NZ:

The Green climate minister was punched in the face, possibly by a far right nutter.

New Zealand's climate change minister has been assaulted in the street while on his way to Parliament House.

Green Party co-leader James Shaw was punched in the face early on Thursday in Wellington, though was not seriously injured.

PM Jacinda Ardern said: "In New Zealand, you just don't expect these things to happen."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47565792

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2019, 09:38:45 am »
Where are they from?

Yep. Lots of talk about why the attacker wasn’t on a terror watch list. Well look no further than this lot to add to that list. Zero tolerance, add them to the list and let them know they’re on it. It might just make them realise they’re no different to an ISIS terrorist, identical to the one thing they hate the most.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2019, 09:46:15 am »
Where are they from?

I actually searched for Lisa Trigg, from Queensland. Absolute fucking joke, social media platforms with their fucking billions of dollars need to do more. Top job, massacring innocent civilians.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2019, 09:54:14 am »
It's at times like this I truly hope hell exists, because this guy will rot and suffer there for all eternity. It's one thing to go into a mosque where you're greeted with a friendly "hello brother" then proceed to shoot them all in the face but to record it as well? Fucking dickhead, hope he gets the death penalty.

Fraser Anning is also a scumbag of the highest order, hope he is no longer in office in then next few days and gets some proper shit from his colleagues and the public. The whole world is fucked, sick of this shit happening every fucking day

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2019, 09:55:45 am »
I despair at the way the world is heading, far too many of these massacres of innocent people and far too many supporting these nut jobs, R.I.P all the victims in NZ .
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2019, 10:00:40 am »
Shocking and disgusting.

No surprise in today's climate with politics and society turning towards far right hate xenophobia.

RIP to all concerned.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2019, 10:06:51 am »
Wow I live in Australia and just heard this now. Busy day for me

I have no words... NZ normally the mildest country on Earth
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2019, 10:07:10 am »
Where are they from?

FAr right extremism is just as much a danger as Islamist extremism.  Surprisingly we haven’t seen any far left extremist yet, I’m sure some will come along (although historically they dont tend to be quite so murderous)

What a horrible time this is.

And the victims? Always the innocent

Always those who are peacefully going about their lives doing no one any harm.

And that’s the tragedy.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2019, 10:10:38 am »
I've seen some written 'interview' this shitstain is supposed to have done. The gist was that he'd travelled widely around the world and had no problem with people having different race, culture or religion  - as long as they stayed in their own country. But when they come to his country they're invaders. And invaders of other countries need to be wiped out.

The white Australian living in New Zealand must have no sense of irony.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2019, 10:11:09 am »
Wow I live in Australia and just heard this now. Busy day for me

I have no words... NZ normally the mildest country on Earth
Can you campaign to get that Queensland senator removed from his job? I’ve never read such a disgusting response from someone holding public office.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2019, 10:36:44 am »
Just utterly horrendous. I was going to say it is hard to comprehend, but I guess it's not with all the far right hate groups and their fellow travellers in the political world who help to radicalism them (I'm thinking of you, Frottage and Johnson).

RIP to those poor victims. All my love to our NZ friends on this website. 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2019, 10:40:29 am »
I grabbed this from the abc in au
Senator Fraser Anning

Senator Anning said in a tweet: "Does anyone still dispute the link between Muslim immigration and violence?"

"I wonder if there will be as much outrage from the left wing when the next Muslim terrorist attack occurs? Most likely silence and talk about lone wolf attacks, mental illness and no connection to Islam”, he added.
In a media release, he said "whilst this kind of violent vigilantism can never be justified, what it highlights is the growing fear within our community, both in Australia and New Zealand, of the increasing Muslim presence."
"The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place."

Crazy, sad and scary
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2019, 10:41:50 am »
Can you campaign to get that Queensland senator removed from his job? I’ve never read such a disgusting response from someone holding public office.

We've been trying. He wont be there for much longer and essentially doesnt have any influence over any policy

Due to some weird quirk he got voted in with 19 votes or something ridiculous... in a state with 5 million people AND mandatory voting :(

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2019, 10:42:35 am »
If you saw it on social media, report it and they'll take it down. Don't give the attackers the attention they crave

Unfortunately the Australia news channels have already done the work for them. I thought our media was the pits - but they make our media look like saints.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2019, 10:50:25 am »
Unfortunately the Australia news channels have already done the work for them. I thought our media was the pits - but they make our media look like saints.
I’ve read that the Daily Mail and the Mirror both have the footage up too - I daren’t look myself.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2019, 10:59:47 am »
Terrible news!

A seperate incident also happened yesterday in NZ:

What the fuck is happening in New Zealand?

Just utterly horrendous. I was going to say it is hard to comprehend, but I guess it's not with all the far right hate groups and their fellow travellers in the political world who help to radicalism them (I'm thinking of you,Frottage and Johnson).

RIP to those poor victims. All my love to our NZ friends on this website. 

Yep. Society has normalized these fringe views in an unbeliveably short space of time. Case in point that Senator from Queensland. Also media corporations hosting the video of these attacks can fuck off. Have some sense of decency and decorum.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2019, 11:07:32 am »
Wonder will Trump talk about good people on both sides this time? Mental illness will be the excuse, of course. Even though it was premeditated and meticulously planned. The people online cheering this won't merit a mention, unlike the phantom Muslims in Brooklyn that cheered 9/11.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2019, 11:07:32 am »
FAr right extremism is just as much a danger as Islamist extremism.

Far right terrorism is the fastest growing form of terrorism in the UK. For some forces it is the majority form of terrorism in the UK.

More than 2 in 5 suspects arrested in terror offences are white ethnic - the largest ethic group amongst terror suspects.

Prepare to rewrite your jokes, your cognitive biases and stereotypes. The times a a-changing.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2019, 11:12:44 am »
This is how a president should respond to this:

@AOC
 6h6 hours ago

Morning (Friday) is Jummah, the weekly day of worship for our community of Muslim friends and loved ones.

Be there for them. Check in. Perhaps extend a kind gesture at your local mosque.

There is so much fear and hate.

We must negate it with active, courageous love.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:46:52 am by thejbs »

Offline Kenneth the Messiah

• Kemlynite
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2019, 11:30:51 am »
Born and raised in Christchurch, heartbroken and sickened that this could happen anywhere in the world, let alone here. After everything we've been through as a city recently to have this dealt to us, is just hard to comprehend.
Thoughts and prayers to all.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:40 am »
Born and raised in Christchurch, heartbroken and sickened that this could happen anywhere in the world, let alone here. After everything we've been through as a city recently to have this dealt to us, is just hard to comprehend.
Thoughts and prayers to all.

It’s awful mate. Such a lovely place and great, warm, welcoming people. Thoughts are with you all.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:22 am »
It's at times like this I truly hope hell exists, because this guy will rot and suffer there for all eternity. It's one thing to go into a mosque where you're greeted with a friendly "hello brother" then proceed to shoot them all in the face but to record it as well? Fucking dickhead, hope he gets the death penalty.

Fraser Anning is also a scumbag of the highest order, hope he is no longer in office in then next few days and gets some proper shit from his colleagues and the public. The whole world is fucked, sick of this shit happening every fucking day

There is no death penalty in NZ, like most civilized countries.

However in cases like this and Brevik I think putting them to sleep isn't a bad option simply because right wing terrorists seem happy to go to prison and continue to agitate from their cells, probably wanting to continue "their struggle".

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2019, 11:49:00 am »
There is no death penalty in NZ, like most civilized countries.

However in cases like this and Brevik I think putting them to sleep isn't a bad option simply because right wing terrorists seem happy to go to prison and continue to agitate from their cells, probably wanting to continue "their struggle".

Nah. The death penalty is never right. It's vengeance, not justice.

The people who do this deserve to live out the rest of their lives in a 6x6 cell with no daylight and little means to communicate with the outside world. Death penalty makes them martyrs.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2019, 11:54:05 am »
I've seen some written 'interview' this shitstain is supposed to have done. The gist was that he'd travelled widely around the world and had no problem with people having different race, culture or religion  - as long as they stayed in their own country. But when they come to his country they're invaders. And invaders of other countries need to be wiped out.

The white Australian living in New Zealand must have no sense of irony.

Not just that he was a white Austrailian living in New Zealand, but that he'd widely travelled the World.

Reminds me of Vinnie Jones saying that he had emigrated from the UK because of its immigration levels.

And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2019, 11:58:22 am »
Nah. The death penalty is never right. It's vengeance, not justice.

The people who do this deserve to live out the rest of their lives in a 6x6 cell with no daylight and little means to communicate with the outside world. Death penalty makes them martyrs.

True, as long as they cannot communicate with the outside world.

I have some memory of Brevik issuing communiques from his cell but I may be wrong.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2019, 12:15:24 pm »
I grabbed this from the abc in au
Senator Fraser Anning

Crazy, sad and scary

I had to look this person up just because I couldn't believe they were real. Shame on whoever in Queensland voted this hateful guy in.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2019, 12:16:41 pm »
Born and bred in CHCH, my home town has had a wretched few years

These simpletons will always react like this to the rallying cry from the politicians, they are so fuckin dumb, if they are told by the right wing that we need to get rid of the muslims they think that should be this afternoon

Deeply in my thoughts today, tragic and unnecessary

A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2019, 12:17:42 pm »
Tragic and disgraceful.

RIP

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2019, 12:19:50 pm »
I had to look this person up just because I couldn't believe they were real. Shame on whoever in Queensland voted this hateful guy in.

He literally got a senate place with 19 votes.

Anning was third on the One Nation (an anti-immigration party) senate ticket in Queensland at the 2016 federal election. He gained just 19 below-the-line first-preference votes under the optional preferential voting system. Due to its high statewide count, One Nation elected two senators in Queensland at the 2016 election – party leader Pauline Hanson and Malcolm Roberts. In October 2017, during the parliamentary eligibility crisis, the Court of Disputed Returns ruled Roberts was ineligible to be elected to the Senate due to his failure to renounce his British citizenship. The following month, on 10 November, Anning was declared elected in place of Roberts following a special recount. Prior to his elevation to the Senate, he was facing bankruptcy legal action due to money owed to the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank. This could have made him ineligible to sit in parliament, but the case was withdrawn.

Wiki
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2019, 12:27:35 pm »
Anning exists purely as a punching bag for all sides of Australian politics. Even Pauline Hanson condemned him after he used his maiden Senate speech to advocate a return to the White Australia policy. Whether this was before or after she wore a burqa to parliament in her own crass publicly stunt, I cannot remember.

He represents a few dozen internet trolls and no one else. Let's not give him any more free publicity.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2019, 12:28:04 pm »
He literally got a senate place with 19 votes.

Anning was third on the One Nation (an anti-immigration party) senate ticket in Queensland at the 2016 federal election. He gained just 19 below-the-line first-preference votes under the optional preferential voting system. Due to its high statewide count, One Nation elected two senators in Queensland at the 2016 election – party leader Pauline Hanson and Malcolm Roberts. In October 2017, during the parliamentary eligibility crisis, the Court of Disputed Returns ruled Roberts was ineligible to be elected to the Senate due to his failure to renounce his British citizenship. The following month, on 10 November, Anning was declared elected in place of Roberts following a special recount. Prior to his elevation to the Senate, he was facing bankruptcy legal action due to money owed to the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank. This could have made him ineligible to sit in parliament, but the case was withdrawn.

Wiki

Ah, I see. That explains how he managed to get elected with such hateful views.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2019, 12:33:01 pm »
Such tragic news.

RIP to the people who lost their lives. Such a waste of precious life.
YWNA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2019, 12:40:20 pm »
Sickening world we live in. RIP

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2019, 12:41:11 pm »
Ah, I see. That explains how he managed to get elected with such hateful views.
He was in the party that got those votes for a reason though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:42:44 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2019, 12:48:26 pm »
Unsurprising that it was an Australian and depressingly predictable that Fraser Anning mouths off in the most idiotic way possible.  Not content with plain old disgusting he ratchets up to genuinely idiotic sentiments too.

Ironic to see members of this government falling over themselves to say how horrible it is while they have ministers and above dog whistling about the "African Gang Terror" in Melbourne.

Sorry to my Kiwi brothers and sisters...  not sure where we go from here in Australia.  I think it gets a lot worse here before it gets better.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:00:49 pm by leroy »