Author Topic: Pre Match Preview - THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE VS THE RENT DODGERS - 4/12 - KO 2015  (Read 29251 times)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Be interesting how many shithouse leg breaking tackles they put in , now we have to play them twice in a month.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Never a fixture I look forward to, even if there's a great chance to fucking smash them. I'd take any win on Wednesday, hopefully we fuck them but another arse grinding one-goal victory would do me.

Adrian
Trent   Lovren   VVD   Robertson
Gini
Hendo   Chamberlain
Salah   Bobby   Mane

I'd go same team from the weekend, bar Alisson of course. Thought Chamberlain done alright against Brighton, and this is exactly his game. Get him running and whoever they've got playing, Schniederlin, Davies etc, will shit themselves, I'd fancy him from range too. I've seen a lot saying bring Milner/Lallana/Keita in, I just hope we don't show them too much respect and play within ourselves in the middle, I like all of those midfielders a lot, but I'd rather see see Oxlade from the start, driving at them. If we have to bring someone on off the bench I think Keita or Shaqiri would be a good option.

Let's beat these horrible bastards again reds, keep our lead strong going into the winter period, and leave them in the bottom 3, before we knock them out of the cup next month  8)

COME ON THE FUCKIN CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!!!!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
These feckers made a very handy Leicester side struggle for 95mins for the three points. Really cannot take it for granted. Crowd needs to be on form.
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
These feckers made a very handy Leicester side struggle for 95mins for the three points. Really cannot take it for granted. Crowd needs to be on form.

Sure, and we have 3 players in the attacking third who they will need to keep quiet.  Along with Trent and Robertson.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
I appreciate I'm being a bed-wetter but I'd be much happier if they had a footballer playing instead of Mason Holgate.  If anyone is going to put in an "over-exuberant" tackle that injures someone then its him.  Martin Atkinson will use VAR to downgrade anything to a yellow.

I'd like to see Origi start as he always seems to do well against Everton.  I think Lallana might also get a start.  Otherwise the same outfield players that started against Brighton.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I only saw 30 minutes highlights last night but Everton looked out on their feet by the end. Unless they rotate that may catch up with them second half Wednesday.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
I appreciate I'm being a bed-wetter but I'd be much happier if they had a footballer playing instead of Mason Holgate.  If anyone is going to put in an "over-exuberant" tackle that injures someone then its him.  Martin Atkinson will use VAR to downgrade anything to a yellow.

I'd like to see Origi start as he always seems to do well against Everton.  I think Lallana might also get a start.  Otherwise the same outfield players that started against Brighton.

If Chilwell hadn't of got his leg out of the way he could have had a broken leg. But Leicester would have had a well deserved penalty.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If Chilwell hadn't of got his leg out of the way he could have had a broken leg. But Leicester would have had a well deserved penalty.

I appreciate Chilwell screaming like he was shot despite the lack of contact

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Just keep winning....this ain’t the time to drop points.

I’m going to be nervous for this one cos I think it’s going to be close.
#JFT97

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
Not a match to look forward because you know that it’s a fight and not football. Nonetheless, we need to get this out of the way and bag the 3 points too. I would like to see Milner in there somehow to lead our fight
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Sure, and we have 3 players in the attacking third who they will need to keep quiet.  Along with Trent and Robertson.

And ox.

So 6 out of 10 outfielders.

And the cb’s at corners.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
What I like about these derbies under Jurgen is that being such an uberfan at heart as he is, Jurgen just loves sticking it to these.
Yep, he'll be up for it. There's no doubt about that.

The rest just do what we normally do and maul whatever crosses our path.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Never a fixture I look forward to, even if there's a great chance to fucking smash them. I'd take any win on Wednesday, hopefully we fuck them but another arse grinding one-goal victory would do me.

Adrian
Gini
Hendo   Chamberlain
Salah   Bobby   Mane

I'd go same team from the weekend, bar Alisson of course. Thought Chamberlain done alright against Brighton, and this is exactly his game. Get him running and whoever they've got playing, Schniederlin, Davies etc, will shit themselves, I'd fancy him from range too. I've seen a lot saying bring Milner/Lallana/Keita in, I just hope we don't show them too much respect and play within ourselves in the middle, I like all of those midfielders a lot, but I'd rather see see Oxlade from the start, driving at them. If we have to bring someone on off the bench I think Keita or Shaqiri would be a good option.

Let's beat these horrible bastards again reds, keep our lead strong going into the winter period, and leave them in the bottom 3, before we knock them out of the cup next month  8)

COME ON THE FUCKIN CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!!!!

Think we have to make a couple of changes given the amount of matches we have coming up.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
Once they build their 200,000 all seater stadium, everyone will be playing catch up. As it is, they are the greatest everton side in history. I haven’t checked their forum yet, but I presume not one of our players make it into the combined 11.

We’re still not safe from relegation. Let’s try to get 3 points against this wonderfully talented, professional, well drilled football team.

Also, let’s twat these miserable, bitter, moaning c*nts.

Merry Christmas Everton!

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
Total madness.  You are saying you would rather take 6/6 from Everton but lose both games to City?

Do you think United were saying these things about City in the late 90's/00's compared to Arsenal/Chelsea?

It’s not madness. Personally, I am the same but then I live and breath amongst Evertonians whereas i’ll I’ll ever encounter a City fan once every blue moon. 

I’d add a win at Old Trafford to that though as it has happened pretty infrequently in my lifetime.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Total madness.  You are saying you would rather take 6/6 from Everton but lose both games to City?

Do you think United were saying these things about City in the late 90's/00's compared to Arsenal/Chelsea?

No. City were in a different League for much of that time.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
Predicting a very close game and drab affair where they try to frustrate and to kick us off the pitch. Remember how close it was last season, and it'll be no different.

Will be interesting to see who we go with. Games are coming thick and fast now. Every game is a must win game. I do hope we rotate a bit though. I don't think our squad is particularly big, and we can't afford to keep carrying injuries and just hope we'll get lucky.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nothing will ever beat last season's game. We were dreadful though. They'll drag us down to their level as always. Hope we see Oxlade start and go balls out for the win.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
The last few derbies were absolutely atrocious in terms of quality. As shit as they are we can't take the win for granted.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
We'll win this one 3-1 I reckon
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Adrian
Gini
Hendo   Chamberlain
Salah   Bobby   Mane
Pickford
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
The last few derbies were absolutely atrocious in terms of quality. As shit as they are we can't take the win for granted.

And I believe we have let it be the case. Rise above the usual derby shenanigans and we should win comfortably. Don't let them drag us down to their level.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Anyone know why the kick is 8:15? Not that it affects me just seems a strange kickoff time

It's so we'll know at the start of the 2nd half if Southampton have won or not, if they have then it's 45 mins of "going down" ;D

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Great OP, last sentence was key - we really do have to put this game beyond the ability of the officials to fuck it up. Because if we need them to do their jobs at any stage that will not end well for us.

Hate playing these, just want to know the result....will be a dogged affair I'd imagine but I'm glad Silva is in charge. Would love for us to send him on his way but they will set up in a 5-4-1 I'd imagine and defend for the 90

We will have to be at our creative best, and take our chances when they come because if the game drift it won't be pretty.....though an ending like last season's fixture would be superb.

A torrid 1-0 and we move on...hopefully no more injuries!!!
I fear for Salah's ankle
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
And I believe we have let it be the case. Rise above the usual derby shenanigans and we should win comfortably. Don't let them drag us down to their level.

Which has often been our problem in this game recently

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Test. Pickford. Early.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Legacy Fan

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe a good time to rotate ?

Origi in for one of our front 3 ?

Milner in for gini ? (I reckon hendo will play almost all our games as a 6 until fabino comes back)

Gomez for lovern ?
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Test. Pickford. Early.

Haha...we should practice aiming for the crossbar today in training. Wreck the fuckers head and judgement!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Start. The. Ox.

Don't see it happening - he started on Saturday, and also played mid-week. I'm not sure if the medical staff will give him the green light to start again.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

Milner in for gini ? (I reckon hendo will play almost all our games as a 6 until fabino comes back)

Gomez for lovern ?

I think we need to make a couple of changes as so many matches close together.

Rhythm is important too but arguably we need to play the first team in CL now so our players cannot continue to perform at high levels without a break. 
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• Legacy Fan
Don't see it happening - he started on Saturday, and also played mid-week. I'm not sure if the medical staff will give him the green light to start again.

Didn't play the full 90 in either game though, 80 mins on Saturday and 30 mins mid-week.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR

Gomez for lovern ?

Rotate for the derby and one of our biggest games of the season? I'll have whatever you're smoking.

They're shit but they've given us harder games than Arsenal/City/Tottenham etc the last couple of times. It's their biggest game of the season.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
I'm really not looking forward to this match, partially because I know for these fooking mutants it will be their Cup Final (although this may have changed due to the FA Cup draw), partly because they will kick lumps out of us for 90 minutes and not try and play footy and also, slightly, because I keep hearing people saying we will rip them to shreds.

Just win reds, just win!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Gomez for lovern ?

My main peeve with the Napoli game was not securing qualification. Would've given us the opportunity to rotate heavily next week. I dont think this is the game to do it. Watford in a few weeks we can rest a few.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Play the game and not the occasion and we'll be fine. They are rubbish!

We'll probably win 2-1 again though, our new favourite scoreline

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Everton (H) - Wednesday
Bournemouth (A) - Saturday
Salzburg (A) - Tuesday
Watford (H) - Saturday

Where does the rotation of the front 3 come in? Watford? We need them in prime condition for Salzburg - can we expect them to all play Everton, Bournemouth and Salzburg?

Does he start 2 v Everton and 2 v Bournemouth?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Everton (H) - Wednesday
Salzburg (A) - Tuesday
Watford (H) - Saturday

Where does the rotation of the front 3 come in? Watford? We need them in prime condition for Salzburg - can we expect them to all play Everton, Bournemouth and Salzburg?

That is the thing - we need to play 3 strong teams before Watford

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Everton (H) - Wednesday
Salzburg (A) - Tuesday
Watford (H) - Saturday

Probably one of the 3 will be rotated against Bournemouth and Watford. Don't think we'll see 2 out of the 3 both missing in the same game.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Everton (H) - Wednesday
Salzburg (A) - Tuesday
Watford (H) - Saturday

It started vs Brighton with Bobby and Mo getting 60ish each.

Dream world, I imagine, is us being three or four up by 60 tomorrow and doing the same with Mane. Maybe give one a rest from the start vs Bournemouth and start them all vs Salzburg with one missing out on a start vs Watford as necessary.