Author Topic: Fulham  (Read 13657 times)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Fulham
« on: November 14, 2018, 09:20:41 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46205801

Don't think we have a general Fulham thread. Seems like a sensible appointment.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:22:30 pm by John C »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ranieri To Fulham
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 09:22:32 am »
Good move for them.

I like him, so nice to see him back rather than one of the old boys club.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 09:42:44 am »
All the best to him. Be interesting to see if he can sure up that defence.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 09:42:56 am »
Should have hired Nigel Pearson to keep them up, then got Ranieri in next season for the title challenge.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 09:49:45 am »
Tough job on his hands. I'm one for giving manager's time especially as this fella brought them up but it clearly wasn't working and a change was needed. Surprised it wasn't one of Moyes, Bruce etc. Good appointment I think.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 09:50:16 am »
Fulham to win the League 19/20. Put a fiver on it, can't be worse odds than 1:5000.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 09:51:52 am »
Tough job on his hands. I'm one for giving manager's time especially as this fella brought them up but it clearly wasn't working and a change was needed. Surprised it wasn't one of Moyes, Bruce etc. Good appointment I think.

Thank god it isn't one of these managers, Fulham want to continue to actually play football. Very positive! We don't need any more Cardiffs, Brightons or Palaces.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 09:55:43 am »
Good appointment. They're only one win off Palace in 16th and 4 points off Newcastle in 14th and there's easily 3 worse squads than Fulham's in this season's PL. Good to see owners being prompt about a sacking and appointment rather than letting them get into the mire in February and have no hope remaining.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 10:10:46 am »
Good move for both parties. I like him.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 10:27:48 am »
Can't help but like Ranieri. Even liked him at Chelsea where I thought he fell victim to the xenophobic elements of the press.

Refreshing to see them opt for someone outside the merry-go-round of mediocrity.

Also nice to see this happen after we've played them rather than us facing the new manager bounce.  :D

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 10:33:11 am »
Good appointment. Would rather Fulham stayed up than some others down there. Hope he does well.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 12:22:25 pm »
Sickening. Isn't it time a good, young English manager like Sam Allardyce or Alan Pardew was given a chance?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 12:37:05 pm »
Liverpool have claimed yet another manager

I would love to see just how many managers have quit/been sacked after facing Liverpool. We must have taken a few scalps

Online Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 12:45:59 pm »

I would love to see just how many managers have quit/been sacked after facing Liverpool. We must have taken a few scalps

You've got to feel for the supporters of that kind of club though.  Play good stuff in the Championship, everyone supports the manager - he gives them two unforgettable years... then they're in the prem, nowhere near on the pace, their style looks to not be competitive and they end up getting spanked by the big six every game they play and match day fans are paying a fair whack to watch them get slaughtered against any decent team.  Can't be much fun. You can see why fans of that sort of club could be for something like the Super League.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 12:49:13 pm »
You've got to feel for the supporters of that kind of club though.  Play good stuff in the Championship, everyone supports the manager - he gives them two unforgettable years... then they're in the prem, nowhere near on the pace, their style looks to not be competitive and they end up getting spanked by the big six every game they play and match day fans are paying a fair whack to watch them get slaughtered against any decent team.  Can't be much fun. You can see why fans of that sort of club could be for something like the Super League.

I remember when Derby were playing their abysmal season hearing a few of their fans say they'd rather be playing in the Championship with the possibility of winning a game than getting beat every week.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 12:56:23 pm »
Good decision but they will need to spend some money in January, they have zero quality at the back.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 12:56:43 pm »
I remember when Derby were playing their abysmal season hearing a few of their fans say they'd rather be playing in the Championship with the possibility of winning a game than getting beat every week.

A Wolves-supporting friend of mine has genuinely not wanted to go up for about fifteen years, prefering the experience of competing in the Championship to the miserable graft for survival (and the volatility that can follow relegation) in the top flight.

Despite the trend having been broken for them, I think he rather feels they've sold their soul for success...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 02:55:27 pm »
Wenger supposedly turned down the offer before they hired Ranieri

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 04:10:22 pm »
Wenger supposedly turned down the offer before they hired Ranieri
Fulham fans should thank god for that.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 07:55:51 pm »
I like Ranieri but fuck them and their fans. Don't let the door hit you on your way back down to the Championship you overhyped twats  :wave

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 08:27:33 pm »
I like Ranieri but fuck them and their fans. Don't let the door hit you on your way back down to the Championship you overhyped twats  :wave

Can’t argue with any of that.

Like Ranieri myself but think it will take more than “dilly-ding, dilly-dong” to wake that fukin shower up.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 08:37:22 pm »
Props to Fulham for handling this like they have. Had a replacement ready to announce immediately and he has an international break to get working with the squad not away on internationals.

Ranieri is a total class act and I don't mind Fulham as a club. There's enough talent in that squad to comfortably finish above the relegation zone and I hope they beat the drop.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 08:40:57 pm »

Yeah you have a lot of fans saying this - being able to win games, pay less for tickets and actually see a side playing some decent stuff is surely better as a true fan than paying through the nose to get your team humbled most weeks by teams who have a bench worth more than your entire squad.  I do agree in a way it is a little defeatist, but the relegation battle/financial strains of a lot of clubs through buying players/hiring and firing managers seems to wipe out clubs for a half decade or longer if it's handled poorly.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 08:48:00 pm »
I really like Fulham away. The Maxi Rodriguez game and the Gerrard penalty were fantastic. And the Yossi goal of course.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2018, 11:35:50 am »

Pretty sure Bilic got sacked after we beat them 4-1 last season. AVB got sacked after we beat them 5-0 in 2013/14.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 12:27:36 pm »

I'm confused as to what a club like Fulham have done to warrant such hate from you

I'd rather them stay up than shit on a stick football teams managed by the likes of Dyche, Pulis, Warnock etc

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 12:34:14 pm »
Pretty sure Bilic got sacked after we beat them 4-1 last season. AVB got sacked after we beat them 5-0 in 2013/14.

Villas Boas, Martinez, Bilic, Guidolin comes to the top of my head.

And I think we assisted Sherwood, Jol and Mackay in getting sacked.

Beyond that, my memory doesnt help. Neither does reddit.

And now, Jokanovic.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 01:43:46 pm »
On the verge of the sack if reports are to be believed. Just hasn't worked. Infact you could argue they've got worse.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 01:48:45 pm »
What did they expect would happen? The squad had managed 5 points from 12 games when he took over, sacking him part way through not performing a miracle because he hasn't performed a miracle is just stupid.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 02:18:52 pm »
If they're replacing Ranieri now it must be in preparation for next season in the Championship. They're 10 points from safety and their next four games are Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and Manchester City. Surely they can't be thinking a new manager can keep them up?

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 03:26:40 pm »
You look at Ranieri's career over the past 15+ years and he's been quite the journeyman, getting sacked from pretty much every job. What happened at Leicester City is a mystery. An absolute miracle if you will.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 03:29:26 pm »
You look at Ranieri's career over the past 15+ years and he's been quite the journeyman, getting sacked from pretty much every job. What happened at Leicester City is a mystery. An absolute miracle if you will.

he has hasn't he.

He did do most of the spadework at Chelsea before Mr Ego rocked up - he really should have won the CL in 2004. Leicesters title win was just one of those seasons where Vardy was on fire and everyone else who should challenge was shite.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:31:08 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 04:46:32 pm »
Gone. Scott Parker named as caretaker until the end of the season.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 04:47:16 pm »
Fulham Football Club Chairman Shahid Khan today named Scott Parker as Caretaker Manager, replacing Claudio Ranieri.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 04:47:42 pm »
Fulham Football Club Chairman Shahid Khan today named Scott Parker as Caretaker Manager, replacing Claudio Ranieri.
will get them relegated and get football writers manager of the year award

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2019, 04:48:38 pm »
will get them relegated and get football writers manager of the year award
He wears black boots and has a traditional haircut, he deserves the award.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2019, 04:48:40 pm »

Brave.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2019, 04:50:04 pm »
Well looks like it wasnt that sensible  ;D

Hope we're still interested in Sessegon, only a year on his contract g+a contribution is alright given his sporadic minutes, playing lb at times and Fulham not being very good. Plus need to keep up signing someone from a relegated side.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2019, 04:51:35 pm »
He wears black boots and has a traditional haircut, he deserves the award.

Does he wear shorts on the bench as well as the boots?

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2019, 04:53:59 pm »
there is only one man fit for the job...