Author Topic: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A350 Cancelled. See OP  (Read 80606 times)

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I was booked on the A350 (0930 from Manchester) and have the text to confirm that it has been cancelled.

I *think* the other two flights cancelled are are both Dreamliner flights from Liverpool - one Friday and one Saturday

Unfortunately , thats what I expected .

Cheers mate !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
I was booked on the A350 (0930 from Manchester) and have the text to confirm that it has been cancelled.

I *think* the other two flights cancelled are are both Dreamliner flights from Liverpool - one Friday and one Saturday

Unfortunately , thats what I expected .

Cheers mate !

So it's Two Dreamliner flights and an A350? If you can confirm I'll update the thread title and OP.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:28:02 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
Echo Twitter reporting chippy tits and Vitali Klitschko are very close to reaching an agreement that will see all three flights "saved"!!!!
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
Statement from the club:

Liverpool Football Club is continuing to work with all of the relevant stakeholders in the UK and Ukraine in an attempt to resolve a situation which has left around 1,000 fans without flights to Kiev for the Champions League final.

Flights chartered by World Choice Sports had been set to take supporters to Ukraine, but a dispute between the Widnes-based travel company and the aviation authorities in Kiev over the size of the aircraft has led to the trips being cancelled.

Along with officials from Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Liverpool City Council, UEFA and the authorities in Kiev, Liverpool FC has been endeavouring to resolve the issue since it first came to light and will continue to do so until all avenues have been exhausted.

Peter Moore on Twitter:

We have been working with Kiev Airport, Liverpool Airport, Liverpool City Council, UEFA, World Choice and the aircraft broker over the past 48 hours to find a solution to this issue. Work is ongoing, and we are optimistic that together will obtain a favourable resolution.

This makes it a massive gamble to try and book other flights as there's the possibility of ending up paying twice *IF* if World Choice flights can be reinstated.
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So it's Two Dreamliner flights and an A350? If you can confirm I'll update the thread title and OP.

Yes Alan.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:27:47 pm by Alan_X »
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Echo Twitter reporting chippy tits and Vitali Klitschko are very close to reaching an agreement that will see all three flights "saved"!!!!

I'd sacrifice al the stress I've been feeling if that's the case !

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Legacy fan

Offline vanoord

• Kopite

Certainly the A350 flight from Manchester is cancelled.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:27:34 pm by Alan_X »
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A390 Cancelled. See OP
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2018, 05:27:03 pm »
Yes Alan.

Thanks - I'll update the OP and title.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2018, 05:28:57 pm »
Thanks - I'll update the OP and title.

A350 not A390 ;)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A350 Cancelled. See OP
« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2018, 05:30:29 pm »
OP and thread title amended.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2018, 05:30:53 pm »
Haha - bet that's the first time you've ever sid that !

I'm not even going but I hope everyone gets sorted, I know how I'd feel if it was happening to us.

There's a military airfield in Kiev, let them land there instead of Boryspil.
Legacy fan

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2018, 05:33:56 pm »
I'm not even going but I hope everyone gets sorted, I know how I'd feel if it was happening to us.

There's a military airfield in Kiev, let them land there instead of Boryspil.

I'll take back everything I have said about Joe if he sorts this  :P
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2018, 05:35:51 pm »
I'll take back everything I have said about Joe if he sorts this  :P

Steady on, let's not go overboard
Legacy fan

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
Sorry, in my head it made more sense (six individual flights!).

That said, I am absolutely anxious now that something is going to go down with Thomas Cook's flights now too. Sigh. :(
Not going to, TC carry far to much weight in this.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
Not going to, TC carry far to much weight in this.

Exactly plus TC met all deadlines to submit info to  Kiev authority's. If World Choice had done this in plenty of time they would of been told that aircraft were unsuitable

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2018, 06:08:03 pm »
Are SportOptions flights ok from Liverpool?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2018, 06:08:37 pm »
Exactly plus TC met all deadlines to submit info to  Kiev authority's. If World Choice had done this in plenty of time they would of been told that aircraft were unsuitable

Do you know for certain they didn't? Source?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2018, 06:11:45 pm »
Do you know for certain they didn't? Source?

They have history for this mate done it to reds before

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2018, 06:17:37 pm »
Well that doesn't look good on the Manchester flight so I'll still be fucked
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 06:31:14 pm by macca007 »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2018, 06:25:18 pm »
They have history for this mate done it to reds before

Maybe mate - but lets keep to what we know.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2018, 06:31:59 pm »
Dont get me wrong hope i fly from john lennon. Saves me a trip to Manchester.

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2018, 06:33:21 pm »
According to WCS the reason they were cancelled were due to Kiev airport being unable to
allocate landing slots. Liverpool FC however have stated a completely different reason saying
there was a row over the size of the planes.

So both parties are saying something different as to why this has happened - You couldn't
make it up !!!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2018, 06:38:22 pm »
According to WCS the reason they were cancelled were due to Kiev airport being unable to
allocate landing slots. Liverpool FC however have stated a completely different reason saying

So both parties are saying something different as to why this has happened - You couldn't
make it up !!!

I believe that the size of the plane was relevant because they only have a certain number of slots for certain sizes of plane. Both aren't saying something different.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2018, 06:48:34 pm »

make it up !!!

When I spoke to them this morning they said Kiev were arguing over slots because of the size of the planes.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2018, 06:49:32 pm »
The mayor claims the flights will be reinstated, the rumour at the airport is that they will; and people on Twitter outside World Choice say they won't.

If there's a chance the WCS flights will be reinstated, it's a big risk to book flights via some crazy routing option - Bristol to Guernsey to Luton to Berlin to Kiev is currently top  :butt

I'm going to open a beer and see if that improves things.

And f**k me, as I'm typing that, this appears by email:

IMPORTANT UPDATE 24/05/2018 – CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 26THMAY 2018

Dear customers,

With deep regret, we inform you that your flight to Kiev due to depart Sat 26 May 2018 has been cancelled.

Due to so many flights going into Kiev, Kiev Borispyl has unable to allocate times for aircraft.

We have worked extremely hard over the last 48 hours trying to resolve these issues. We have had Liverpool football club, Police, UEFA and everyone at the highest levels of authority trying to resolve this.

We have exhausted all avenues to try and get landing slots. We have had them from Liverpool airport and Manchester airport and we have applied for slots in the correct manner and time frame with the authorities. To  reiterate this problem IS with Kiev.

26TH May ET8704            27TH May ET8705

Departing From: Manchester (MAN) -   (KBP) Terminal 1

Departure Date: Saturday, 26-May-2018

Departure Time: 09:30 (All TIMES LOCAL)

Arrival Time: 15:00 (All TIMES LOCAL)

Return Flight Details

Departing From: Kiev  (KBP)  - Manchester

Departure Date: Sunday, 27-May-2018

Departure Time: 13:00 (All TIMES LOCAL)

Arrival Time: 14:30 (All TIMES LOCAL)

At this stage there is nothing we can do other than guarantee that we will process full refunds ASAP. The refund process will start tomorrow and we will send you an email once it has been processed.

This is a total shambles.

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2018, 06:51:20 pm »
When I spoke to them this morning they said Kiev were arguing over slots because of the size of the planes.

Ahh right, just the way it's been reported on the Echo website, makes it look as though the two
reasons quoted are completely different from each other and not related.

Just hope everything gets sorted

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2018, 06:52:25 pm »

If they didn't hve the slots , and slot avaiability was never confirmed by Kiev , why did WCS offer those flights in the first place ? It's not as though this has only just become apparent the last few
days .

It's really not an overly complicated situation.

Someone's bullshittin , and I'd like to find out who it is.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2018, 06:55:39 pm »
WCS would be making a fortune off those larger planes at £1000 a pop + £2000 business class.

Quite obvious that they have made all the arrangements with the airline for the planes but not given any consideration to the actual operation of flying them into Kiev.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Rotty

• Boys Pen
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2018, 06:59:29 pm »
Hopefully if they get re instated WCS make **** all from these flights

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2018, 07:03:50 pm »

Just watched the owner of WCS on Sky News saying that they put all the required information to Kiev in time . Well that may be so , but if Kiev have not granted the slot allocation , why were they selling the tickets knowing this . The alternative reason would be that kiev implied that there would be slots available , and then bumped them for reasons we can only speculate on.

I've got a good idea who's ultimately responsible for ths fuck up , so will just wait and see what transpires .

Also , fuck UEFA , the bunch of corrupt fuckers . Kiev should never have been granted this in the first place .

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2018, 07:36:25 pm »
Removed some posts, can we stick to facts, there's a lot of people who've had some shit news, let's not make the situation worse or bring them false hope here if they're thinking of alternative routes.

Offline DaveyLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2018, 07:38:57 pm »
From wcs Facebook, sorry for caps lock was as they posted -

** UPDATE 20:00 24/5/18 **

FURTHER TO THE MESSAGE POSTED EARLIER,

TO REITERATE- 7 FLIGHTS ARE STILL GOING AS PER THE E-TICKETS EMAILED THIS WEEK.

3 FLIGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN CANCELLED,  PASSENGERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL SHORTLY IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

HOWEVER WE HAVE MANAGED TO GET  A 3 NIGHT FLIGHT SECURED VERY LATE IN THE DAY.  WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING PEOPLE BOOKED ON THE 2 NIGHT STAY THE OPPORTUNITY TO USE THIS.

DESPITE SOME REPORTS IN THE MEDIA THIS AFTERNOON THIS IS THE ONLY FLIGHT WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SECURE.

WITH DEEP REGRET WE CAN NOT GET A FLIGHT ON THE 26TH MAY FROM LIVERPOOL OR MANCHESTER..
UNFORTUNATELY WE CAN NOT PUT YOU ON ANY OTHER FLIGHTS.
YOU WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL AND THIS PROCESS WILL BE STARTING TOMORROW.  WE WILL EMAIL ONCE THIS HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
Form is temporary, Class is for life... Liverpool FC - All others forever in our shadow

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2018, 07:47:19 pm »
Thanks - OP updated.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2018, 08:17:41 pm »
From wcs Facebook, sorry for caps lock was as they posted -

** UPDATE 20:00 24/5/18 **

FURTHER TO THE MESSAGE POSTED EARLIER,

TO REITERATE- 7 FLIGHTS ARE STILL GOING AS PER THE E-TICKETS EMAILED THIS WEEK.

3 FLIGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN CANCELLED,  PASSENGERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL SHORTLY IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

HOWEVER WE HAVE MANAGED TO GET  A 3 NIGHT FLIGHT SECURED VERY LATE IN THE DAY.  WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING PEOPLE BOOKED ON THE 2 NIGHT STAY THE OPPORTUNITY TO USE THIS.

DESPITE SOME REPORTS IN THE MEDIA THIS AFTERNOON THIS IS THE ONLY FLIGHT WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SECURE.

WITH DEEP REGRET WE CAN NOT GET A FLIGHT ON THE 26TH MAY FROM LIVERPOOL OR MANCHESTER..
UNFORTUNATELY WE CAN NOT PUT YOU ON ANY OTHER FLIGHTS.
YOU WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL AND THIS PROCESS WILL BE STARTING TOMORROW.  WE WILL EMAIL ONCE THIS HAS BEEN PROCESSED.

They are saying they cannot get any flights on the 26th, but Joe Anderson says he's got
Them two slots for the aircraft they have booked, to arrive in Kiev at 3pm and 3.45pm
on his twitter page ???
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:19:49 pm by Booze And Glory »

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 24, 2018, 08:19:16 pm »
Joe Anderson

Today I worked with .@Vitaliy_Klychko to help and negotiate with the Director of the Airport in Kiev two slots for aircraft booked by World Choice Sports to arrive at 3.00 pm and 3.45 pm. What happens next is up to this company to sort and hopefully they can for all.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mayor_anderson/status/999728709111250945

Over to WCS

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2018, 08:54:29 pm »
Joe Anderson

Today I worked with .@Vitaliy_Klychko to help and negotiate with the Director of the Airport in Kiev two slots for aircraft booked by World Choice Sports to arrive at 3.00 pm and 3.45 pm. What happens next is up to this company to sort and hopefully they can for all.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mayor_anderson/status/999728709111250945

Over to WCS

Exactly what i was told by someone at JLA  and posted just after 6 but was deleted by someone

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2018, 09:01:03 pm »

Everything is still as clear as mud . Nothing has been clarified and the silence is deafening .

According to WCS website , nothing has changed since this afternoon . There's also a twitter spat on the Joe Anderson feed . Joe Anderson is saying he has secured 2 slots , but WCS are allegedly only taking one of the slots .

The farce deepens !