Author Topic: Confused.com.co.uk-org  (Read 4685 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Confused.com.co.uk-org
« on: August 9, 2017, 01:34:21 pm »
Modings.

This is not an arsey post it is a genuine question.

How does it work that we are a specific team football forum (with obviously other sections to talk about other things) that doesnt allow you to talk about your own team player in a transfer window when it is know that another team is interested in your player? Of course you can counteract that with, there has been no official bid made. If you then though flip the coin you get VVD. We havnt made an official bid, yet there is a thread that is 260 pages. Granted there was the whole Blackpool fiasco, but take that away and there must be 100 pages of conjecture. How can you have one without the other? What is the point in the Transfer forum?

We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Confused.com.co.uk-org
« Reply #1 on: August 9, 2017, 01:36:53 pm »
Answer is 'wankers'.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #2 on: August 9, 2017, 01:39:36 pm »
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #3 on: August 9, 2017, 01:58:30 pm »
My assumption is he means it´s impossible to moderate because of the wankers who turn it into shit slinging exercise, which is fair enough. People do need to learn if they act like dickheads to unsubstantiated news, the consequence is that they will not even be allowed to discuss the unsubstantianted news at all. That leaves people like you and I who would like to discuss it without being wankers in a spot, but then that is always the case - the actions of the few become the problem for the many.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4 on: August 9, 2017, 02:07:17 pm »
There's nothing to discuss though. Everything that needs to be said has been.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5 on: August 9, 2017, 03:26:55 pm »
My assumption is he means it´s impossible to moderate because of the wankers who turn it into shit slinging exercise, which is fair enough. People do need to learn if they act like dickheads to unsubstantiated news, the consequence is that they will not even be allowed to discuss the unsubstantianted news at all. That leaves people like you and I who would like to discuss it without being wankers in a spot, but then that is always the case - the actions of the few become the problem for the many.

Ah yea true.

There's nothing to discuss though. Everything that needs to be said has been.

So like the VVD thread 137 pages earlier. No point in having any threads open or having discussion then. All or nothing mate.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 9, 2017, 03:29:17 pm »
So like the VVD thread 137 pages earlier. No point in having any threads open or having discussion then. All or nothing mate.

Because no-one starts bring the Southampton owners into it and then questioning their transfer strategy and no-one comes up with what if's that concern the support of Southampton. It descends into an absolute shit show of a thread. It was open yesterday, it didn't go well.

If it's one of our own players under the spotlight it's a different discussion than some other player for another club.

Plus there's been absolutely no movement on either transfer. If and when something happens with the "other" transfer then we can discuss I would assume. Right now there's absolutely nothing to indicate that it's progressed in anyway shape or form. Our Journos have maintained the same line from the go "We're not interested, fuck off" nothing's changed.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2017, 03:32:54 pm by Chakan »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7 on: August 9, 2017, 03:35:34 pm »
Because no-one starts bring the Southampton owners into it and then questioning their transfer strategy and no-one comes up with what if's that concern the support of Southampton. It descends into an absolute shit show of a thread. It was open yesterday, it didn't go well.

If it's one of our own players under the spotlight it's a different discussion than some other player for another club.

Plus there's been absolutely no movement on either transfer.

Then give the people a transfer forum holiday. Its not like they havnt been asked to go to the relevant threads/stop talking about the owners. Then the threads get locked and the 97% of posters adhering to the rules get punished. Then threads get reopened and the same culprits to it again and the thread gets locked and the 97%...and so on. Its unfair to those to do what they are asked.

Exactly, so even more reason for us to be able to discuss any ramification etc etc that comes from losing one of, if not the, best player we have.

Yup, and yet the VVD thread stays open? Again mate, surely its all or nothing.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 9, 2017, 03:38:52 pm »
Then give the people a transfer forum holiday. Its not like they havnt been asked to go to the relevant threads/stop talking about the owners. Then the threads get locked and the 97% of posters adhering to the rules get punished. Then threads get reopened and the same culprits to it again and the thread gets locked and the 97%...and so on. Its unfair to those to do what they are asked.

Exactly, so even more reason for us to be able to discuss any ramification etc etc that comes from losing one of, if not the, best player we have.

I would assume it creates a lot of unnecessary work for the mods to open the thread, delete posts, close the thread, delete posts, ban people, re-open the thread, repeat ad nauseam, when nothing in the situation has changed?

It's a vicious circle of crap?

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9 on: August 9, 2017, 03:40:55 pm »
I would assume it creates a lot of unnecessary work for the mods to open the thread, delete posts, close the thread, delete posts, ban people, re-open the thread, repeat ad nauseam, when nothing in the situation has changed?

It's a vicious circle of crap?

Is that though not exactly what they are doing now, minus the forum holidays? Forum holiday then means less locking and deleting posts saving on the unnecessary work ;D

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 9, 2017, 03:41:17 pm »

I would have to agree

Coutinho is like the lord voldemort of this forum

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 9, 2017, 03:42:47 pm »
Is that though not exactly what they are doing now, minus the forum holidays? Forum holiday then means less locking and deleting posts saving on the unnecessary work ;D

But it's the same tedious comments over and over again? There's only so many times you can tell people not to rehash things, before it gets to the point where just not discussing it is easier to maintain.

I mean have a look at the the thread yesterday and tell me what "new" things are going to be discussed?

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #12 on: August 9, 2017, 03:47:04 pm »
I would have to agree

Coutinho is like the lord voldemort of this forum

;D

But it's the same tedious comments over and over again? There's only so many times you can tell people not to rehash things, before it gets to the point where just not discussing it is easier to maintain.

I mean have a look at the the thread yesterday and tell me what "new" things are going to be discussed?

Agreed. Hey why dont we buy X player that Southampton are looking at for the 491st time, so they should lock all then, as they are all full of the same comments. Again mate, all or nothing surely! Though with it being a forum to discuss things, be it over and over, all should be open!?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 9, 2017, 03:51:37 pm »

Agreed. Hey why dont we buy X player that Southampton are looking at for the 491st time, so they should lock all then, as they are all full of the same comments. Again mate, all or nothing surely! Though with it being a forum to discuss things, be it over and over, all should be open!?

You'd have to ask the transfer mods or the mod mods to clarify that, but I think we're a bit more protective of our players than some person we're interested in buying.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #14 on: August 9, 2017, 03:56:44 pm »
You'd have to ask the transfer mods or the mod mods to clarify that, but I think we're a bit more protective of our players than some person we're interested in buying.

Thats why Im in here you prune :P

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: August 9, 2017, 03:57:32 pm »
I can see why. The threads about potential signings become tedious enough with the amount of bed wetting that goes on, so one about one of our best players leaving (with no actual news to back it up) is just gonna be an absolute shitehouse of a thread (both for content and having to mod it).

I like that rawk tries to take some stance on the quality of thread/posts to some degree, it's what makes it better than other forums and much better than social media!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #16 on: August 9, 2017, 04:01:31 pm »
I can see why. The threads about potential signings become tedious enough with the amount of bed wetting that goes on, so one about one of our best players leaving (with no actual news to back it up) is just gonna be an absolute shitehouse of a thread (both for content and having to mod it).

I like that rawk tries to take some stance on the quality of thread/posts to some degree, it's what makes it better than other forums and much better than social media!

Again I refer back to the, removal of people who carry on posting shit, therefore managing to maintain a decent thread. Cou is our own player than we cant talk about on a forum. Wheres Alarnis when you need her :D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #17 on: August 9, 2017, 04:34:40 pm »

Ha, prune.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #18 on: August 9, 2017, 04:50:59 pm »
How does it work that we are a specific team football forum (with obviously other sections to talk about other things) that doesnt allow you to talk about your own team player in a transfer window when it is know that another team is interested in your player? Of course you can counteract that with, there has been no official bid made. If you then though flip the coin you get VVD. We havnt made an official bid, yet there is a thread that is 260 pages. Granted there was the whole Blackpool fiasco, but take that away and there must be 100 pages of conjecture. How can you have one without the other? What is the point in the Transfer forum?
There's a world of difference between how potential incoming and outgoing transfers are treated on these boards by our members. Whilst the general rule set stands for both, in reality posters are far better behaved in one than the other. With that said there has been news that has continued to sustain the narrative of a potential transfer for VVD, his transfer request for one, with the case of Phil there has been nothing new for almost 3 weeks.

At the behest of numerous posters we've had the thread open for the past few days under the strict guidelines that failure to adhere to the rules would result in it being closed again, the experiment was a failure: pages of deleted posts and posters simply not respecting the rules (shite news sources and circular arguments being the main infringements).

Most threads on these boards can be left to there own devices, almost autonomous, like a grown child whose left the nest but occasionally returns to do their washing and raid your fridge. In comparison the Coutinho thread was more akin to a screaming 2 year, requiring constant attention and supervision.

To surmise then, posters are twats when confronted with these situations and because the mods and staff have lives we can't be there 24/7 to hold their hands.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #19 on: August 9, 2017, 05:12:35 pm »
Which is why we employ moderators from differing locations so that there is avalible moderating through each day and night.

But I liked the "wankers" remark.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #20 on: August 9, 2017, 05:19:13 pm »
There's a world of difference between how potential incoming and outgoing transfers are treated on these boards by our members. Whilst the general rule set stands for both, in reality posters are far better behaved in one than the other. With that said there has been news that has continued to sustain the narrative of a potential transfer for VVD, his transfer request for one, with the case of Phil there has been nothing new for almost 3 weeks.

Yes I can hold my hands up and say I have seen that. As for the, nothing new for 3 week doesnt mean that there isnt anything, if you see what I mean. As in the fact the way the club are keeping potential transfers in and out of the club under wraps. It doesnt mean thought that things arnt happening. We have seen from respected, and not so respected news outlets that Barca are interested. Now Im not talking about the hand wringers, Im talking about the likes of redmark and Babu who add to the discussion with some truly wonderful and insightful posts. The discussion on how potentially losing a player such as Cou could affrect us in this area, potential replacements etc. Thats why I like reading, not the arrrrgh, or FSG out etc.

At the behest of numerous posters we've had the thread open for the past few days under the strict guidelines that failure to adhere to the rules would result in it being closed again, the experiment was a failure: pages of deleted posts and posters simply not respecting the rules (shite news sources and circular arguments being the main infringements).

Most threads on these boards can be left to there own devices, almost autonomous, like a grown child whose left the nest but occasionally returns to do their washing and raid your fridge. In comparison the Coutinho thread was more akin to a screaming 2 year, requiring constant attention and supervision.

To surmise then, posters are twats when confronted with these situations and because the mods and staff have lives we can't be there 24/7 to hold their hands.

I say again in this thread then mate, why cant the posters who continually break the rules, therefore ruining the forum discussions for others, not be banned? RAWK is a forum for discussion and we are being hampered from doing that because of a select few. Yes I know its a free site and if you dont like it fuck off elsewhere as has been said to others before, but I do like RAWK!

Please dont think this is so I can give it the big ITK I am shit, as that certainly isnt the case. After all the crap I got after last things I found out about and shared, I knocked it on the head and then hadnt spoken to the source for a while. This time with Cou being my favorite Liverpool player I asked him and have also been backed up, and more, with what I have put. Im more than happy to sit on the information and just share it via PM, like I did initially did do with the mini mods and via PMs here and FB.

Thanks for the reply Titi :wave

EDIT: Also if you were to ban the 'wankers' there would less having to delete posts and lock threads making there less work for the mini mods. Plus therefore you can carry on over windows in the future and people would know where they stand
« Last Edit: August 9, 2017, 05:25:27 pm by Oddball »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #21 on: August 9, 2017, 05:22:07 pm »
Which is why we employ moderators from differing locations so that there is avalible moderating through each day and night.

But I liked the "wankers" remark.

As I have said already in the post I sent you all with the original information I sent, you peeps all do a great job, but as you and Tepid have alluded to, its the wankers. So why are the wankers allowed to ruin it of the rest of us?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 9, 2017, 05:22:46 pm »
Yes I can hold my hands up and say I have seen that. As for the, nothing new for 3 week doesnt mean that there isnt anything, if you see what I mean. As in the fact the way the club are keeping potential transfers in and out of the club under wraps. It doesnt mean thought that things arnt happening. We have seen from respected, and not so respected news outlets that Barca are interested. Now Im not talking about the hand wringers, Im talking about the likes of redmark and Babu who add to the discussion with some truly wonderful and insightful posts. The discussion on how potentially losing a player such as Cou could affrect us in this area, potential replacements etc. Thats why I like reading, not the arrrrgh, or FSG out etc.

I say again in this thread then mate, why cant the posters who continually break the rules, therefore ruining the forum discussions for others, not be banned? RAWK is a forum for discussion and we are being hampered from doing that because of a select few. Yes I know its a free site and if you dont like it fuck off elsewhere as has been said to others before, but I do like RAWK!

Please dont think this is so I can give it the big ITK I am shit, as that certainly isnt the case. After all the crap I got after last things I found out about and shared, I knocked it on the head and then hadnt spoken to the source for a while. This time with Cou being my favorite Liverpool player I asked him and have also been backed up, and more, with what I have put. Im more than happy to sit on the information and just share it via PM, like I did initially did do with the mini mods and via PMs here and FB.

Thanks for the reply Titi :wave
Because it's not the select few but rather the majority. Direct infringements have resulted in numerous holidays but the discussion, or lack there of it, doesn't improve.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #23 on: August 9, 2017, 05:26:07 pm »
Because it's not the select few but rather the majority. Direct infringements have resulted in numerous holidays but the discussion, or lack there of it, doesn't improve.

Ah just edited my post, but you are saying its the majority so the edit doesnt matter. Ok mate, thanks :wave

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #24 on: August 9, 2017, 06:16:18 pm »

Maybe he doesnt give a fig why you are here
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25 on: August 9, 2017, 06:17:51 pm »
Wheres Alarnis when you need her :D

She's a Mod on here. Isn't that ...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #26 on: August 9, 2017, 06:18:13 pm »
As I have said already in the post I sent you all with the original information I sent, you peeps all do a great job, but as you and Tepid have alluded to, its the wankers. So why are the wankers allowed to ruin it of the rest of us?

Wankers always leave a mess behind them, (or in front) and then the worry is the thread become a mess.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #27 on: August 9, 2017, 07:01:48 pm »
serious question...why is rawk so precious about the transfer forum?....its always puzzled me on here...it appears to me that the entire raison d'etre of the transfer window these days is to allow people to talk shite, speculate, spout nonsense, hope, moan, spin, blag, guess and whinge...and that's just the professional journalists....false news is everywhere, social media, national press and broadcast media bursts at the seams with transfer-hysteria - practically all of it uncorroborated bullshit...its just a game...the transfer window bullshit game...its what propels the thing along...yet rawk treats it with an earnestness and a desire for veracity that belies its fuckin nonsensical bullshit status and instead approaches it as though it's a post-doctorate research project for the Dead Sea Scrolls - with bans, warnings, thread closures and lecturing condescension akimbo being dished out on an hourly basis.....if it causes you so much grief why not just shut it down completely and instead just have discussion threads about players when they've officially signed...or....open the doors completely and just let posters do what every other fucker in the country does around this time of the year and talk what is ultimately harmless bollocks about harmless transfer rumours....imo trying to police the integrity of it isn't worth the time or effort....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 9, 2017, 07:24:06 pm »
serious question...why is rawk so precious about the transfer forum?
I wouldn't use that exact word but yes we do try to hold ourselves to higher standards than other sites/new outlets.
it appears to me that the entire raison d'etre of the transfer window these days is to allow people to talk shite, speculate, spout nonsense, hope, moan, spin, blag, guess and whinge...
I disagree, the whole reasoning behind it is to keep football "fever pitch" going all year round, even without any games being played, keeping the profile of the sport as high as possible even in the down season. All about money and/or profile.
yet rawk treats it with an earnestness and a desire for veracity
100%, we're trying to an be alternative with integrity. I think that's something to be applauded rather than allowing the forum to be destabilised by false news and the in house fighting that follows.
if it causes you so much grief why not just shut it down completely and instead just have discussion threads about players when they've officially signed...or....open the doors completely and just let posters do what every other fucker in the country does around this time of the year and talk what is ultimately harmless bollocks about harmless transfer rumours....imo trying to police the integrity of it isn't worth the time or effort....
Retaining the transfer boards, or not, has been discussed. They're accepted as a necessary evil, if we weren't to have them the chat would spill into the rest of the site and be far more difficult to moderate. With that said it's not just a binary conversation, to have or have not. I believe the balance we're trying to achieve is a good one, with numerous mods and staff putting numerous hours into keeping them that way.

It may not be everyone's choice, it may not be to everyone's taste but it's the approach we're sticking to.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29 on: August 9, 2017, 07:33:45 pm »
Again I refer back to the, removal of people who carry on posting shit, therefore managing to maintain a decent thread. Cou is our own player than we cant talk about on a forum. Wheres Alarnis when you need her :D

I'm with you on that point. Are some posters who are continually breaking the rules set down and I'd happily see them fucked off.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 9, 2017, 07:45:00 pm »
I'm with you on that point. Are some posters who are continually breaking the rules set down and I'd happily see them fucked off.
Anyone breaking the rules will either be banned from posting in certain boards, muted from posting at all or removed from the site. Case by case basis judged on their merits of course.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #31 on: August 9, 2017, 08:00:14 pm »
Anyone breaking the rules will either be banned from posting in certain boards, muted from posting at all or removed from the site. Case by case basis judged on their merits of course.

How do we explain Mc red being back for the 3rd/4th time then mate?
« Last Edit: August 9, 2017, 08:02:05 pm by Oddball »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #32 on: August 9, 2017, 08:04:55 pm »
I wouldn't use that exact word but yes we do try to hold ourselves to higher standards than other sites/new outlets.I disagree, the whole reasoning behind it is to keep football "fever pitch" going all year round, even without any games being played, keeping the profile of the sport as high as possible even in the down season. All about money and/or profile.100%, we're trying to an be alternative with integrity. I think that's something to be applauded rather than allowing the forum to be destabilised by false news and the in house fighting that follows.Retaining the transfer boards, or not, has been discussed. They're accepted as a necessary evil, if we weren't to have them the chat would spill into the rest of the site and be far more difficult to moderate. With that said it's not just a binary conversation, to have or have not. I believe the balance we're trying to achieve is a good one, with numerous mods and staff putting numerous hours into keeping them that way.

It may not be everyone's choice, it may not be to everyone's taste but it's the approach we're sticking to.

Ok T cheers for the reply :thumbup
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 9, 2017, 08:07:05 pm »
How do we explain Mc red being back for the 3rd/4th time then mate?
The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice. Therefore, Jew,
Though justice be thy plea, consider this,
That, in the course of justice, none of us
Should see salvation: we do pray for mercy;
And that same prayer doth teach us all to render
The deeds of mercy. I have spoke thus much
To mitigate the justice of thy plea;
Which if thou follow, this strict court of Venice
Must needs give sentence 'gainst the merchant there.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 03:12:29 pm »
serious question...why is rawk so precious about the transfer forum?....its always puzzled me on here...it appears to me that the entire raison d'etre of the transfer window these days is to allow people to talk shite, speculate, spout nonsense, hope, moan, spin, blag, guess and whinge...and that's just the professional journalists....false news is everywhere, social media, national press and broadcast media bursts at the seams with transfer-hysteria - practically all of it uncorroborated bullshit...its just a game...the transfer window bullshit game...its what propels the thing along...yet rawk treats it with an earnestness and a desire for veracity that belies its fuckin nonsensical bullshit status and instead approaches it as though it's a post-doctorate research project for the Dead Sea Scrolls - with bans, warnings, thread closures and lecturing condescension akimbo being dished out on an hourly basis.....if it causes you so much grief why not just shut it down completely and instead just have discussion threads about players when they've officially signed...or....open the doors completely and just let posters do what every other fucker in the country does around this time of the year and talk what is ultimately harmless bollocks about harmless transfer rumours....imo trying to police the integrity of it isn't worth the time or effort....
Although I agree with Titi's reply I do see the point you're making. We would never want RAWK to descend in to the vile arena Twitter is and it is too easy for posters to use this place as a personal soapbox but perhaps we should have a re-think before the next transfer window. Specific feedback would be welcome I guess.