Author Topic: Cobra Kai  (Read 14095 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Cobra Kai
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2021, 12:52:37 am »
It's a 21 year age gap beyween Silver and Mig's mum. So eww if that is what happens.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2021, 12:29:13 pm »
It's a 21 year age gap beyween Silver and Mig's mum. So eww if that is what happens.
It doesn't show that as being the case but her and Johnny can't have much different an age gap to that can they?

Just checked: Zabka is 3 years younger so ostensibly an 18 year age gap. I would say, given they were seniors, that Zabka's age is the same as what Johnny's should be, and Macchio is playing a few years younger than his true age, but he's still baby-faced enough to get away with it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2021, 11:39:16 am »
Sounds like season 4 could well be out later this year. Finished shooting end of April.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2021, 02:52:58 pm »
Terry Silver will be returning. He's on the new promotional material.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: December 9, 2021, 09:35:53 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2021, 12:34:34 am »
Bump
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2021, 10:08:21 pm »
First season was really good but has been going downhill since, honestly think it is one of them shows that should have just been a mini-series...

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2021, 10:23:24 pm »
First season was really good but has been going downhill since, honestly think it is one of them shows that should have just been a mini-series...
Miserable fucker. We all know it’s shit.

I can’t wait to see if the world is about to end because of 8 teenagers who aren’t very good at karate

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2021, 10:55:15 pm »
Miserable fucker. We all know it’s shit.

I can’t wait to see if the world is about to end because of 8 teenagers who aren’t very good at karate
Can't argue with that...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2021, 11:21:55 pm »

Don't want to agree, but do.

Ever since Netflix got their algorithmic claws into the series, it's become more silly and former-star cameo based.

Hillary Swank will definitely appear in season 5, more's the pity...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 1, 2022, 06:23:06 am »
Enjoyed season 4 but it is probably time to finish. The last ep was just ridiculous. Called it completely
« Last Edit: January 1, 2022, 06:36:24 am by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 1, 2022, 12:13:42 pm »
Tried watching the first episode of season 4 last night, gave up after 15mins.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #133 on: January 1, 2022, 01:16:22 pm »

Interesting, felt it had enough Johnny being a sentimental, under-developed dick moments to make it amusing enough to watch.

Still agree with the criticisms that the show's "plotting" and dialogue are too on the nose.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 2, 2022, 03:39:38 am »
Oh I enjoyed the last couple of episodes. Some good twists (even if a bit obvious).

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #135 on: January 2, 2022, 08:03:15 pm »

I binged watched most of the new season last night and will finish it off tonight, but like you Mrs WLR lasted all of about 15 minutes of the first episode before she declared it’s a piece of shit and went to bed. Can’t argue with that to be honest, but it’s cheesyness is kind of addictive.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 4, 2022, 12:59:10 pm »
but it’s cheesyness is kind of addictive.

Yeah I've found this too. There's plenty of shows I've binned off in the past, but even though Cobra Kai has some poor aspects I just can't bring myself to sack it off. Binged S4 in 2 days and will probably do the same when S5 comes out.

It does have some good stuff though as well, Johnny's character is hilarious at times, and I thought Robbie's story in this season was better in the way he started to feel responsible for his actions where he's never usually cared.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 4, 2022, 01:21:01 pm »
I really enjoyed this season and thought it the best since season one. It’s cheesy, it’s sometimes predictable and the quality of the writing is somewhat lacking but it is watchable and bingeable. We watched the series over 3 days and enjoyed it a lot.

Heavy spoilers for Season 4:

Spoiler
The writing was better in this series. Some more believable motivations, well plotted redemption arcs and less 180 spins by characters (figuratively).

Johnny is always good value and had some good emotional scenes, especially with Miguel then a nice bit of catharsis with Robby at the end.

Terry Silver was a huge highlight for me. The actor seemed to have a lot of fun with it and he represents a new big bad that’s fun to watch and stops it being a stale 3rd season of Kreese v Johnny/Daniel. He gave it the cheesy 80s villain shtick and it was great.

Silver’s turn on Kreese had a good hinge in terms of motivation and left enough thread for the whole thing to unravel on him in season 5.

Season 5 should, in my opinion, be it’s last. There’s certainly enough story left to justify it, but a 10 episode run should be enough to resolve most of the plot points, redeem some characters and consign others to the bin. I’m in a minority that don’t think it’s ran for too long but they shouldn’t really be thinking of story lines past next season. I certainly wasn’t invested in the Kenny v Anthony storyline enough to be that arsed about it being concluded.
[close]

Overall it was what most other seasons were; good fun, cheesy, laughably shit in places but enjoyable to watch.

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 4, 2022, 01:23:40 pm »
Haven't seen Karate Kid 3 yet. Should I watch that prior to season 4?
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 4, 2022, 02:34:17 pm »
Haven't seen Karate Kid 3 yet. Should I watch that prior to season 4?

yes!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 4, 2022, 02:34:47 pm »
I really enjoyed this season and thought it the best since season one. It’s cheesy, it’s sometimes predictable and the quality of the writing is somewhat lacking but it is watchable and bingeable. We watched the series over 3 days and enjoyed it a lot.

Heavy spoilers for Season 4:

Spoiler
The writing was better in this series. Some more believable motivations, well plotted redemption arcs and less 180 spins by characters (figuratively).

Johnny is always good value and had some good emotional scenes, especially with Miguel then a nice bit of catharsis with Robby at the end.

Terry Silver was a huge highlight for me. The actor seemed to have a lot of fun with it and he represents a new big bad that’s fun to watch and stops it being a stale 3rd season of Kreese v Johnny/Daniel. He gave it the cheesy 80s villain shtick and it was great.

Silver’s turn on Kreese had a good hinge in terms of motivation and left enough thread for the whole thing to unravel on him in season 5.

Season 5 should, in my opinion, be it’s last. There’s certainly enough story left to justify it, but a 10 episode run should be enough to resolve most of the plot points, redeem some characters and consign others to the bin. I’m in a minority that don’t think it’s ran for too long but they shouldn’t really be thinking of story lines past next season. I certainly wasn’t invested in the Kenny v Anthony storyline enough to be that arsed about it being concluded.
[close]

Overall it was what most other seasons were; good fun, cheesy, laughably shit in places but enjoyable to watch.

you nailed it - how could you not enjoy it for what it is? And I thought a couple of twists at the end of the last episode were fantastic.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 4, 2022, 07:25:27 pm »
Yeah, the last episode had a few decent twists but season 5 has to the last one surely? Some of those kids don’t look like kids anymore!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #142 on: January 4, 2022, 11:27:03 pm »
I enjoyed it, it's predictable but it's fun nonetheless.

Johnny is always good to watch, Machio eh so so, but who cares.

I don't mind the silly writing or the bad karate sequences, hell that's what the original karate kid series was about.

Still gonna watch season 5 no matter what.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #143 on: January 5, 2022, 01:19:51 am »
I enjoyed the latest season in a "leave it on in the background" kinda way. The hardest part of watching it for me isn't the bad writing, the cheesiness or the bad acting, I find Johnny's son and that clearly 35 year old Asian guy who was the bully in season one and is now in Cobra Kai to be the two most unlikeable & punchable two pricks I've ever seen on television.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 5, 2022, 10:24:33 am »
I enjoyed the latest season in a "leave it on in the background" kinda way. The hardest part of watching it for me isn't the bad writing, the cheesiness or the bad acting, I find Johnny's son and that clearly 35 year old Asian guy who was the bully in season one and is now in Cobra Kai to be the two most unlikeable & punchable two pricks I've ever seen on television.
I think with Kyler, that's the point really.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 5, 2022, 10:37:06 am »
that clearly 35 year old Asian guy who was the bully in season one and is now in Cobra Kai

He’s 23 apparently

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 5, 2022, 10:50:59 am »
it's definitely felt a lot more cartoon-y in the last season and there are only so many old characters they can dig up for features. i think it might be the last season next. still enjoyable enough to watch though I guess as ridiculous as it is now.

wish Amanda LaRusso had more appearances. she's funny and very pretty.
YNWA.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #147 on: January 5, 2022, 02:08:29 pm »
it's definitely felt a lot more cartoon-y in the last season and there are only so many old characters they can dig up for features. i think it might be the last season next. still enjoyable enough to watch though I guess as ridiculous as it is now.

Plus, if you don't like her, she'll destroy your car. Totally hot...

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #148 on: January 5, 2022, 03:43:32 pm »
I think with Kyler, that's the point really.

Oh I definitely get that. But I don't want to punch him in a "oh he's a bad guy character" kinda way. I want to turn off my television and never watch the show again he's such a dickhead. Same with Johnny's son.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #149 on: January 5, 2022, 03:48:56 pm »
Oh I definitely get that. But I don't want to punch him in a "oh he's a bad guy character" kinda way. I want to turn off my television and never watch the show again he's such a dickhead. Same with Johnny's son.

No watch telly...

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #150 on: January 5, 2022, 08:56:50 pm »

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 6, 2022, 07:56:46 pm »
Plus, if you don't like her, she'll destroy your car. Totally hot...

;D

she's very funny on instagram and keeps hinting that she'll be fighting soon...  8)
YNWA.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 6, 2022, 08:01:45 pm »

She’ll always be Sheldon’s sister to me, and my thoughts of her are probably very similar to Howard Wolowitz
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 6, 2022, 08:40:09 pm »

She’s been in every episode bar one.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 6, 2022, 10:01:11 pm »
She’s been in every episode bar one.

Ok, so your Howard Wolowitz then! :D
Thinking is overrated.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 7, 2022, 12:19:05 am »
Just finished S4, got better as it went along. It’s a little bit rinse and repeat now but still largely enjoyable.

Odds on which characters will return for S5

Evns Mike Barnes to help Terry Silver
2/1 Hilary Swank will turn out to be Tory’s mum
8/1 Dutch
Spoiler
to just so happen to be behind bars in the same place as Kreese ends up
[close]
« Last Edit: January 7, 2022, 12:23:02 am by duvva »

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #156 on: January 7, 2022, 12:31:01 am »
Just finished S4, got better as it went along. It’s a little bit rinse and repeat now but still largely enjoyable.

Odds on which characters will return for S5

Evns Mike Barnes to help Terry Silver
2/1 Hilary Swank will turn out to be Tory’s mum
8/1 Dutch
Spoiler
to just so happen to be behind bars in the same place as Kreese ends up
[close]

Spoiler
a) Tory is so much more interesting than Sam, who only has perpetual samtrums. Tory does not keep the trophy/championship after hearing Silver discuss the bribery with the referee. She breaks the trophy over Silver's head.
b) I absolutely would prefer Dutch and Kreese to link up, because my feared alternative is that Kreese has a big sobby reunion/man hug with Johnny and they team up with Daniel and The Chozen One to take down Silver's McDojos...
c) It's likely that Robbie will join Johnny in heading south of de border looking for Miggy. Think it would be a lot more dramatic and hilarious if Daniel went along for a two or three episode arc. The bickering while negotiating Miggy's retrieval would be epic.
[close]

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #157 on: January 7, 2022, 12:42:29 am »

And Sheldon Coopers sister, fun fact that.
Y.N.W.A.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 7, 2022, 12:46:09 am »
Spoiler
a) Tory is so much more interesting than Sam, who only has perpetual samtrums. Tory does not keep the trophy/championship after hearing Silver discuss the bribery with the referee. She breaks the trophy over Silver's head.
b) I absolutely would prefer Dutch and Kreese to link up, because my feared alternative is that Kreese has a big sobby reunion/man hug with Johnny and they team up with Daniel and The Chozen One to take down Silver's McDojos...
c) It's likely that Robbie will join Johnny in heading south of de border looking for Miggy. Think it would be a lot more dramatic and hilarious if Daniel went along for a two or three episode arc. The bickering while negotiating Miggy's retrieval would be epic.
[close]
Spoiler
interesting thoughts. I think it’s clear that Kenny and the young Larusso kid are gonna become rivals, with Kenny becoming the meanest Cobra Kai. Can see Tory trying to give Sam the trophy so possible olive branch there. Also if Johnny’s off on a Mexican road trip to find Miguel could Robby team up with Daniel again? If, and it’s a big if, Dutch and Kreese do meet up I wonder if Dutch might try and put him on the path to forgiveness with Johnny so your fears could be realised. So many possibilities.
[close]

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 7, 2022, 01:30:09 pm »
Spoiler
interesting thoughts. I think it’s clear that Kenny and the young Larusso kid are gonna become rivals, with Kenny becoming the meanest Cobra Kai. Can see Tory trying to give Sam the trophy so possible olive branch there. Also if Johnny’s off on a Mexican road trip to find Miguel could Robby team up with Daniel again? If, and it’s a big if, Dutch and Kreese do meet up I wonder if Dutch might try and put him on the path to forgiveness with Johnny so your fears could be realised. So many possibilities.
[close]

Spoiler
Johnny abandoning Robby again to focus on Miguel is the kind of ridiculous, caught in a loop decision I fully expect every main character in this show to make.
[close]