Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3526482 times)

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #22760 on: July 28, 2021, 11:26:44 pm »
Interesting. Might have to give it a think. Everyone on here certainly seems into it. Is this something that Nike and Adidas (I've just noticed they offer a £100 authentic shirt) do exclusively? I've never bought a £65 shirt and thought that it didn't feel like a decent product so it's interesting that everyone seems to universally agree that it's worth the extra £40.

Wearing the shirt is debatable IMO, unless you’re one of the players or a kid. Wearing the vapour is definitely debatable unless you’re ripped like the players are.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #22761 on: July 28, 2021, 11:39:50 pm »
Wearing the shirt is debatable IMO, unless you’re one of the players or a kid. Wearing the vapour is definitely debatable unless you’re ripped like the players are.

It's not just about being ripped. I'm certainly not ripped but the player versions are a lot more comfortable to play football in.

If you play footy, or will wear it to the gym or cycling or something like that, then it's worth the extra for the player version in my opinion.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22762 on: July 29, 2021, 12:05:01 am »
You don't need to be ripped like the players, you need to be in decent shape.

Any physical activity in it is much more comfortable. If you can afford it, do it, I hardly wear em but when I do I rather have the better quality version

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22763 on: July 29, 2021, 12:35:40 am »
Is the thought that the "match" shirt is genuinely better then? ...

I prefer the stadium version (the cheaper version) because of the quality - specifically the embroidered badge and the buttons.
Also the fit is more forgiving for the stouter gentleman  - it  fits like a Fred Perry or Lacoste rather than an athletic vest.
And like dF says above If you are going to wear it for 5 aside etc. (and you haven't got a gut) get the player version.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22764 on: July 29, 2021, 06:55:29 pm »
I prefer the stadium version (the cheaper version) because of the quality - specifically the embroidered badge and the buttons.
Also the fit is more forgiving for the stouter gentleman  - it  fits like a Fred Perry or Lacoste rather than an athletic vest.
And like dF says above If you are going to wear it for 5 aside etc. (and you haven't got a gut) get the player version.

This is actually an interesting point. I'll probably get the player edition based on what others are saying, but I don't really like the look of the badges and Nike symbol. I know it's not the case, but they give the impression that brushing your hand down the front of your chest could knock them off.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22765 on: July 29, 2021, 07:12:40 pm »
This is actually an interesting point. I'll probably get the player edition based on what others are saying, but I don't really like the look of the badges and Nike symbol. I know it's not the case, but they give the impression that brushing your hand down the front of your chest could knock them off.
The rubber stamps look far more defined and cleaner, especially at a distance. There's zero danger of them ever coming off the shirt. They've been heat pressed into the fabric, and fuck knows what kind of glue they're using because I get the impression that the only way to get the logos off the shirt would be to cut them off, fabric and all.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22766 on: July 29, 2021, 07:15:18 pm »
The rubber stamps look far more defined and cleaner, especially at a distance. There's zero danger of them ever coming off the shirt. They've been heat pressed into the fabric, and fuck knows what kind of glue they're using because I get the impression that the only way to get the logos off the shirt would be to cut them off, fabric and all.

That's a relief. Was sure they were ok, but all the photographs I've seen make them look like they're protruding about half an inch off the shirt.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 07:19:48 pm by StevoHimself »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22767 on: July 29, 2021, 07:18:13 pm »
Zero chance of them falling off. They stick out slightly, but like Mac said, you'd have to cut it off with a knife for that to happen.

Side note, the NB regular version kits of ourselves feel better than the regular Nike version of our kits. But the players version is top class.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #22768 on: July 29, 2021, 10:45:05 pm »
For me living in Los Angeles the player version is just nicer due to the breathability of the shirt.  I wear it to my kids soccer games and for the day on our game days and it's probably the most comfy shirt I have for 100+ degree days.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22769 on: July 29, 2021, 10:56:50 pm »
For me living in Los Angeles the player version is just nicer due to the breathability of the shirt.  I wear it to my kids soccer games and for the day on our game days and it's probably the most comfy shirt I have for 100+ degree days.

Yup, barely break a sweat no matter how hot it is.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22770 on: July 30, 2021, 09:41:24 am »
Still can’t get the away players version on the Nike site.

Very poor.

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #22771 on: July 30, 2021, 10:35:28 am »
The Away shirt has sold very very quickly.

Message from LFC help said restock due in October!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22773 on: July 30, 2021, 10:48:13 am »
Plenty of other websites will have it outside the official store. I posted some on the previous pages.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22774 on: July 30, 2021, 11:48:40 am »
Annoyingly has to be from Nike for me as I’ve loads of vouchers to use for there.

Hopefully in stock again in the next couple of weeks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22775 on: July 30, 2021, 01:17:27 pm »
Annoyingly has to be from Nike for me as I’ve loads of vouchers to use for there.

Hopefully in stock again in the next couple of weeks.

Where do you live?

Offline iii

• Main Stander
« Reply #22776 on: July 30, 2021, 02:25:03 pm »
The players version of the away kit is lush but not a fan of the rubberised material they used near the buttons. Not sure if it's the same on the stadium version.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22777 on: July 30, 2021, 03:08:36 pm »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22778 on: July 30, 2021, 03:10:16 pm »
England

Subside Sports, SportsDirect, JD Sport, try that. Worst case scenario order from the US stores.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #22779 on: July 30, 2021, 03:15:51 pm »
Subside Sports, SportsDirect, JD Sport, try that. Worst case scenario order from the US stores.

Love how you completely ignored the part where he said he has loads of Nike vouchers so he needs to purchase it from them :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22780 on: July 30, 2021, 03:23:02 pm »
Love how you completely ignored the part where he said he has loads of Nike vouchers so he needs to purchase it from them :D

Was unintentional, keep in mind you can still buy it from Nike US, and there are vouchers for that as well.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22781 on: July 30, 2021, 03:25:55 pm »

:D

Thanks for the suggestions though mate :wave

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #22782 on: July 30, 2021, 03:30:54 pm »
The players version of the away kit is lush but not a fan of the rubberised material they used near the buttons. Not sure if it's the same on the stadium version.

I've not seen an official stadium version, so it might be different on the real thing, but my DHGate one has rubber (or similar) buttons.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22783 on: July 30, 2021, 04:01:18 pm »

The stadium version has regular buttons, like you'd find on a polo shirt.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #22784 on: July 31, 2021, 08:34:45 am »
Just wondering anybody that used dhgate what payment method did you use as they don’t seem to have a pay pal option

Cheers

Used Revolut to order 2 kids kits for the wife’s nephews ( her side  ;D )
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:57:54 am by rocco »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #22785 on: July 31, 2021, 08:51:13 am »
Just wondering anybody that used dhgate what payment method did you use as they don’t seem to have a pay pal option

Cheers

Used Revolut to order 2 kids kits for the wife’s nephews

I think if you're married they are your nephews too. :)

I'm not totally clued up on Revolut, but they aren't a bank so you're not covered by the FCA.

I know plenty have used dhgate with no problems.
As I understand their business they hold the money until the buyer (you) confirms you have the gear.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #22786 on: July 31, 2021, 08:58:39 am »
Cheers bud

The payment was taken straight away from her Revolut , but seems held by dhgate until you confirm the goods have arrived

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 09:15:37 am by rocco »

Online anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #22787 on: July 31, 2021, 11:02:57 am »
Have just ordered off soccer00.com, they’ve loads of kits on there. Got the player 21/22 away strip and a champions PL 19/20 for keep sake.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22788 on: July 31, 2021, 06:41:46 pm »

Cheers

Used Revolut to order 2 kids kits for the wife’s nephews ( her side  ;D )
They use something called 'DHPay' which is their own version of Paypal. Works the same way too. You pay with your bank card and it goes through DHPay. It's just a layer of security in case you don't receive anything you order and want a refund in the same way eBay operates. I've never had an issue. Your bank might flag it, though.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22789 on: July 31, 2021, 07:18:31 pm »
Still can’t get the away players version on the Nike site.

Very poor.

The supply chain for most businesses is fucked at the moment, so it's likely completely out of their control.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #22790 on: July 31, 2021, 10:05:58 pm »
The supply chain for most businesses is fucked at the moment, so it's likely completely out of their control.

Exactly.

I've warned, before the kits came out, that if you want something get it straight away. Reorders will take time. Makes no odds if it is LFC or some new Nike gear. There's little in reserve.

If you search around various websites you might find it, then buy it. Any delay and it's gone.

Nike would love to be able to restock in short order but there's no chance.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22791 on: July 31, 2021, 10:20:06 pm »

Nike's Vietnam factories are having to reduce capacities significantly too due to soaring Corona numbers.

Does put the meaningless of our 'qualms' with restocks all into the spotlight, I gotta say.
YNWA.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22792 on: August 1, 2021, 05:13:17 pm »
Bit of a rant but anyway...

I ordered the away kit a few weeks ago and it inevitably came 3 days late and was a size too small (what is it with Nike kits being tight? I have no problem with Adidas).

I took it to the post office to return it for an exchange, paid for next day recorded delivery and a week later it turns up at my house :butt Royal Mail is on it's arse.

It's since been successfully but then I go online to find out the club shop has sold out completely. Just my luck.

I could go get it from Sports Direct but can't be arsed lining the pockets of that twat.

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #22793 on: August 1, 2021, 05:53:59 pm »
just wondering if the 96 on the neck will change to 97?

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22794 on: August 1, 2021, 06:54:36 pm »
It should.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22795 on: August 1, 2021, 08:10:27 pm »

I wondered that myself. It should be changed as far as I'm concerned.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #22796 on: August 2, 2021, 06:16:04 am »
I removed the JFT96 tag on my profile for now. Until it's changed, and I think it should, I will wait and then order the away kit.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #22797 on: August 2, 2021, 06:27:14 am »
I removed the JFT96 tag on my profile for now. Until it's changed, and I think it should, I will wait and then order the away kit.

It will be changed for sure, but possibly not until next seasons kits.
We are Liverpool!

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #22798 on: August 2, 2021, 01:52:09 pm »
Have just ordered off soccer00.com, they’ve loads of kits on there. Got the player 21/22 away strip and a champions PL 19/20 for keep sake.

How much do they cost and is the quality good?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #22799 on: August 4, 2021, 02:15:27 am »
I ordered it from Fanatics as it said they had the away in stock.  Now being notified that the earliest I'll get it is 8/30 and that's not a guarantee.  Might just cancel and wait for the 3rd kit at this point, lame.....