Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3526717 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #22720 on: July 21, 2021, 07:00:29 pm »
Nike website doesn't have it in stock either, will look around at others I guess.

Should be soon, but check soccer.com, worldsoccershop.com, wegotsoccer.com, subside sports us, sportsdirect us,

https://www.fanatics.com/cart

Fanatics has it available now, based on what I can see.

Says it arrives in 7 business days.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #22721 on: July 21, 2021, 07:16:43 pm »
There's no chance of the badges coming off if that's what you're concerned about? Even on my replica home player version from last year, there's zero signs of the logo and crest even peeling at the corners. Those things are really on there. The shirt still looks brand new and I've played football in it and washed it a bunch of times. The only issue is from the smaller transfer of the 96 logo on the back. One of the bottom bits of the torch eventually came off, so maybe those should probably be stitched in. Still can't wrap my head around the fact they cost 105 quid when they are obviously cheap to manufacture.

No I just prefer the embroidered look

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22722 on: July 21, 2021, 09:37:25 pm »
Proof for anyone who still thinks our new home kit has orange trim. The ball has orange on it and so do the boots. The trim is crimson.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #22723 on: July 21, 2021, 10:34:33 pm »
We moan about the kits, but have you seen the new match ball? My lad wants a new casey, then saw that and said nah, can I have a 2015 ball instead.

I bought it for my lad, think it’s sound

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #22724 on: July 22, 2021, 01:58:51 am »
Proof for anyone who still thinks our new home kit has orange trim. The ball has orange on it and so do the boots. The trim is crimson.
Can you come round to ours and convince Mrs Spion please?

She saw the new top in the flesh for the first time the other day. I said to her, ''what colour would you say the trim is?'' She said ''it's orange.''  ???
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #22725 on: July 22, 2021, 04:34:22 am »
We moan about the kits, but have you seen the new match ball? My lad wants a new casey, then saw that and said nah, can I have a 2015 ball instead.

That's not too bad, could be worse remember that mango/pink match ball they used in the FA cup around 2013, everyone complained about that one. Remember these classic match balls from the early 80s, whish they bring these back

#Sausages

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22726 on: July 22, 2021, 06:03:26 am »
The new away is boss, got the stadium version and it's quite a generous fit, not quite as baggy as Shaggy like  ;D

I prefer the proper buttons rather than the the low profile buttons on the player version - and the embroidered badge. 

And regarding the price, it's £61, where I am, which seems alright to me, considering it's £65 for a Fred Perry or £80 for a Lacoste.
I did find a Lonsdale polo shirt for £22.99   :P
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 06:23:14 am by kavah »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22727 on: July 22, 2021, 10:31:09 am »
That's not too bad, could be worse remember that mango/pink match ball they used in the FA cup around 2013, everyone complained about that one. Remember these classic match balls from the early 80s, whish they bring these back

He's 10 and she just went nah, that looks horrible.

He said this one is ugly as fuck

So he's getting this one instead

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22728 on: July 22, 2021, 11:41:28 am »
Very annoying that you still can’t order the players away version.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22729 on: July 22, 2021, 05:10:47 pm »
Any news on the 3rd kit? The leak with the chequered trim is definitely it, right?

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22730 on: July 22, 2021, 06:37:15 pm »
Any news on the 3rd kit? The leak with the chequered trim is definitely it, right?
I hope so, i've had my Chinese fake for a week already.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22731 on: July 23, 2021, 01:11:44 pm »
He's 10 and she just went nah, that looks horrible.

He said this one is ugly as fuck

So he's getting this one instead

Can’t go wrong with a champions league ball, particularly that one. They always look great
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22732 on: July 23, 2021, 01:41:50 pm »

I love the 'technology' of this ball to be honest, the colourway here isn't as good as it could be but without the patterns it's a really nice ball.
YNWA.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #22733 on: July 23, 2021, 02:25:17 pm »
Anybody wanting the new away shirt player version? Bought it off DHgate but it’s too small for me. It’s a large so will probably fit like a UK medium.

£15 plus postage costs. PM me if interested.

Sold

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22734 on: July 23, 2021, 03:07:24 pm »
Anybody wanting the new away shirt player version? Bought it off DHgate but it’s too small for me. It’s a large so will probably fit like a UK medium.

£15 plus postage costs. PM me if interested.

When you say player version do you mean the £100 vapour version? Is the fabric and fit etc identical to the legit version?

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22735 on: July 23, 2021, 10:08:57 pm »
When you say player version do you mean the £100 vapour version? Is the fabric and fit etc identical to the legit version?

Yes - added photos to my post above

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #22736 on: July 23, 2021, 10:19:35 pm »
Still not keen on the orange trim on the home kit...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22737 on: July 23, 2021, 11:06:29 pm »
It did look quite orange today, but the darker red looked mid-noughties bright as well. I think under the lights it'll look much better.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #22738 on: July 24, 2021, 03:38:01 pm »
Apologies if it has already been highlighted, I haven't gone back through this thread, but I've just seen that Spurs have got the exact same GK kit as we do.

Proper lazy from Nike that isn't it? Chelsea's design is the same, but it is a grey colour not green.

YNWA - JFT97

Online Dalglish to Rush

• Main Stander
« Reply #22739 on: July 24, 2021, 04:27:28 pm »
Apologies if it has already been highlighted, I haven't gone back through this thread, but I've just seen that Spurs have got the exact same GK kit as we do.

Proper lazy from Nike that isn't it? Chelsea's design is the same, but it is a grey colour not green.

All manufacturers do this and have done so for years, I can remember teams having the same GK shirts back in the early 90’s if we exclude the days of all keepers normally wearing green.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #22740 on: July 24, 2021, 04:31:27 pm »
Every time I see a kid wearing the top I sort of go 'woah! what's with the orange' as an instinctive response.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22741 on: July 24, 2021, 04:57:35 pm »
The orange/pink/salmon trim isn’t what bothers me anymore. It’s that stupid, unnecessary bit on the back of the collar.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #22742 on: July 24, 2021, 05:43:53 pm »
All manufacturers do this and have done so for years, I can remember teams having the same GK shirts back in the early 90’s if we exclude the days of all keepers normally wearing green.

I honestly can't say I've ever noticed 2 identical keeper kits. The design being similar, sure, but exact same design and colour for 2 teams in the same league? I've not noticed.

Maybe I was just ignorant to it.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22743 on: July 24, 2021, 06:36:12 pm »
I honestly can't say I've ever noticed 2 identical keeper kits. The design being similar, sure, but exact same design and colour for 2 teams in the same league? I've not noticed.

Barca's keeper tops are identical. Just swap the sponsors and the club crest.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22744 on: July 24, 2021, 07:53:20 pm »
I honestly can't say I've ever noticed 2 identical keeper kits.

This was nearly 30 years ago

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #22745 on: July 24, 2021, 08:02:30 pm »

Thanks for this. Me being only 28 would have no ide ;-)
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22746 on: July 24, 2021, 09:05:47 pm »
And people complain about today's kits... :o

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22747 on: July 24, 2021, 09:29:18 pm »

They're the dictionary definition of unique I'll have you know!

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #22748 on: July 24, 2021, 09:32:46 pm »
They're the dictionary definition of unique I'll have you know!

Timmy Mallett would disagree.

Online mark2311

• Kemlynite
« Reply #22749 on: July 26, 2021, 11:00:06 pm »

If you really want to look into it check this out. It’s only adidas and I’ve linked the part from the mid 90s onwards. But it really has been a thing for quite a while. From this you can see Rangers, Newcastle and ourselves shared quite a few along with others

https://museumofjerseys.com/2017/12/14/the-evolution-of-adidas-goalkeeper-shirts-part-9/

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #22750 on: July 28, 2021, 05:13:00 pm »
I mean if I'm being pedantic those two goal keeper kits are different.

The square on the Newcastle collar is not on the collar of the villa one

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #22751 on: July 28, 2021, 05:54:13 pm »

It's neither orange or crimson. It's salmon.  :D

What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22752 on: July 28, 2021, 05:54:28 pm »
I mean if I'm being pedantic those two goal keeper kits are different.

The square on the Newcastle collar is not on the collar of the villa one
They'll be like our away kit last season with the positioning of the pattern on each one being slightly different.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22753 on: July 28, 2021, 06:22:07 pm »
Is the thought that the "match" shirt is genuinely better then? Love the away kit, but I'm honestly not sure I can bring myself to spend a ton on a football shirt.

The impression I used to have was that the match shirt was actually the worst to buy if you planned to wear it a lot as the shirts the players receive aren't designed to be worn more than once, but everyone seems convinced now that this is indeed a superior product.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22754 on: July 28, 2021, 06:32:41 pm »
Is the thought that the "match" shirt is genuinely better then? Love the away kit, but I'm honestly not sure I can bring myself to spend a ton on a football shirt.

The impression I used to have was that the match shirt was actually the worst to buy if you planned to wear it a lot as the shirts the players receive aren't designed to be worn more than once, but everyone seems convinced now that this is indeed a superior product.

It's miles better, the feel and the look.

[The players reuse the kits, they have a certain amount of allocated shirts for the season, so they do wear them more than once].

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22755 on: July 28, 2021, 06:45:51 pm »
It's miles better, the feel and the look.

[The players reuse the kits, they have a certain amount of allocated shirts for the season, so they do wear them more than once].

Interesting. Might have to give it a think. Everyone on here certainly seems into it. Is this something that Nike and Adidas (I've just noticed they offer a £100 authentic shirt) do exclusively? I've never bought a £65 shirt and thought that it didn't feel like a decent product so it's interesting that everyone seems to universally agree that it's worth the extra £40.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22756 on: July 28, 2021, 06:52:25 pm »
Interesting. Might have to give it a think. Everyone on here certainly seems into it. Is this something that Nike and Adidas (I've just noticed they offer a £100 authentic shirt) do exclusively? I've never bought a £65 shirt and thought that it didn't feel like a decent product so it's interesting that everyone seems to universally agree that it's worth the extra £40.

I bought it since I had a discount, so it was $20 dollars less than what it would have been. NB do this as well, but the difference in quality imo isn't as vast as it is with Nike [between the two versions]. I have the regular version of the teal kit from last year, and this year's home kit, night and day difference in terms of quality.

The downside is if you aren't in shape.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #22757 on: July 28, 2021, 06:57:54 pm »
If you're not in a hurry and can wait, usually November-December the kit shirt goes on sale. By Feb-March you'll see near 50-60% off.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #22758 on: July 28, 2021, 08:38:02 pm »
If you're not in a hurry and can wait, usually November-December the kit shirt goes on sale. By Feb-March you'll see near 50-60% off.

True, although a lot of sizes probably won't be available by then.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22759 on: July 28, 2021, 09:03:16 pm »
True, although a lot of sizes probably won't be available by then.

There will be plenty of other sites you can get them from. Hell even ordering from the US is worth it given the discounted prices at that point.