Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3539217 times)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #23320 on: November 26, 2021, 11:59:04 am »
...the older Scouse dads definitely won't

You think?  ;D

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23321 on: November 26, 2021, 12:22:52 pm »
You think?  ;D

As always, it'll look much better on the players

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #23322 on: November 26, 2021, 06:29:56 pm »
As always, it'll look much better on the players
Yep, once we see Virgil in it...
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23323 on: November 26, 2021, 10:53:05 pm »
You think?  ;D

Wait till you see the socks.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23324 on: November 26, 2021, 11:34:42 pm »
Is that the stadium or match version?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #23325 on: November 28, 2021, 04:32:46 pm »
Wondering if anyone can help find these please.

Liverpool goalie socks, green ones. Looking for boys sizes.

Thanks  :)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23326 on: November 28, 2021, 06:55:36 pm »
Virgil Abloh has died so the Nike-Off-White-LeBron-LFC collab is no more.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #23327 on: November 30, 2021, 12:01:44 pm »
The away kit isn’t available anywhere in the size I’m after (XL)...will that mean I’m buggered! What are the chances of the official site/Nike/any other retailer getting them in stock before Christmas?

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23328 on: November 30, 2021, 02:42:39 pm »
Virgil Abloh has died so the Nike-Off-White-LeBron-LFC collab is no more.

:(

Virgil Abloh had fingers in so many different pies from fashion to music to art, would've been great to see a LFC kit designed by him.
YNWA.

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23329 on: December 1, 2021, 12:30:24 pm »
So these released. I think part of the issue is that Nike are stuck somewhere between trying to link everything with "traditions" without looking at the wider picture and realising it's negatively impacting their design choices. Nobody in Liverpool wears Huaraches. People outside of Liverpool in the UK might wear Huaraches but not with this weird checkered flag colourway. There'll be people who buy this regardless as per usual. But ultimately this is sale fodder.

Just give us modern designs Nike. The kit can keep to 'traditions' if you must but outside of that, make better design choices.

YNWA.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #23330 on: December 1, 2021, 12:39:09 pm »
So these released. I think part of the issue is that Nike are stuck somewhere between trying to link everything with "traditions" without looking at the wider picture and realising it's negatively impacting their design choices. Nobody in Liverpool wears Huaraches. People outside of Liverpool in the UK might wear Huaraches but not with this weird checkered flag colourway. There'll be people who buy this regardless as per usual. But ultimately this is sale fodder.

Just give us modern designs Nike. The kit can keep to 'traditions' if you must but outside of that, make better design choices.

I agree with you.
Huaraches look kinda alright - kinda like a Marmite design - but I haven't seen them around. In fact I only know one guy who owns an old pair.

But in that 'LFC' colourway they just look shite. Even fans of Huaraches wouldn't touch them. And I can't see LFC fans touching them either. So it begs the question - who would buy them? And who are they being marketed to? Bizarre.

Personally I think Nike should 're-issue' one of their classic trainers and bring it out with LFC colourway. Tradition on top of tradition. You can't go wrong. Maybe they could start with an early Air Max release from the 90s..

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23331 on: December 3, 2021, 03:03:26 pm »
Personally I think Nike should 're-issue' one of their classic trainers and bring it out with LFC colourway. Tradition on top of tradition. You can't go wrong. Maybe they could start with an early Air Max release from the 90s..

agree. last season as part of the promo they rolled out some customised AM95s in our colours, but they weren't officially a release for LFC and even then, they had a white sole. most younger Scouse lads won't touch a pair of 110s with white soles it seems  ;D

just a little tasteful Liverbird embossed on the side of an iconic retro shoe where it's barely visible and no random 'YNWA's thrown around or weird colour choices would be enough.

I think in kits they've done well (debatable with some on here) and some of the training gear has been decent. but not much is really 'cool' or interesting.
YNWA.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23332 on: December 15, 2021, 07:49:57 pm »
22/23 away kit to be white now apparently, original design scrapped according to Footy Headlines

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/12/liverpool-22-23-away-kit.html

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #23333 on: December 15, 2021, 08:31:12 pm »
Does the world need new away kits every year? Is this the best thing for our wallets and our 🌎?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #23334 on: December 15, 2021, 09:43:45 pm »
Does the world need new away kits every year? Is this the best thing for our wallets and our 🌎?

No. We don´t need new home kits every year either! But money talks...

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23335 on: December 15, 2021, 09:43:49 pm »
I miss the days of kits lasting 2 seasons. It's almost impossible for something to become iconic when it's replaced within 12 months.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #23336 on: December 15, 2021, 10:02:38 pm »
I miss the days of kits lasting 2 seasons. It's almost impossible for something to become iconic when it's replaced within 12 months.
I’d normally agree but I absolutely hate this years home kit so cannot wait until next years is released.  ;D

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #23337 on: December 17, 2021, 07:39:41 pm »

Brentford are going with the 2 seasons home kit to save fans money and be "greener".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59477716

Nice sentiment however I can't see the bigger clubs doing this, given the money they generate around the globe.

I mean how would this thread cope without the annual new kit collar pattern fume?  ;)

fc

« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 07:41:50 pm by flyingcod »
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #23338 on: December 17, 2021, 07:43:48 pm »
Brentford are going with the 2 seasons home kit to save fans money and be "greener".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59477716

Nice sentiment however I can't see the bigger clubs doing this, given the money they generate around the globe.

I mean how would this thread cope without the annual new kit collar pattern fume?  ;)

fc

Socks...don't forget the socks... ;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #23339 on: December 17, 2021, 07:49:54 pm »
Socks...don't forget the socks... ;D

That deserves a thread of its own.  ::)

fc
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 07:52:29 pm by flyingcod »
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23340 on: January 17, 2022, 06:53:34 pm »
well some of you got what you wanted... which was a plain red shirt with no memorable qualities :butt

YNWA.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #23341 on: January 17, 2022, 06:59:42 pm »
well some of you got what you wanted... which was a plain red shirt with no memorable qualities :butt

Reminds me of Stevie lifting No.5 in Istanbul so I'm all in!!  :)

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23342 on: January 17, 2022, 07:02:05 pm »

Should be unanimous 'classic'... or moaned about as now being too plain and like a training top!

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23343 on: January 17, 2022, 07:11:45 pm »
Should be unanimous 'classic'... or moaned about as now being too plain and like a training top!

someone is definitely going to moan about the sleeve cuffs
YNWA.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #23344 on: January 17, 2022, 07:24:24 pm »
someone is definitely going to moan about the sleeve cuffs
That would be me. 😄

They, and the collar, should be white.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23345 on: January 17, 2022, 07:48:45 pm »
I like them plain so I'm happy, although like SoS I'd rather the collar and cuffs were white. I would say though that the collar doesn't look the darker red of the cuffs and I think they should match at least. Otherwise it's all good, and as always, it'll look boss on Mo and the lads.

Can't wait for the social media outcry that it's too boring after the fits everyone had over a bit of scarlet ;D

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23346 on: January 17, 2022, 09:21:21 pm »
It's an improvement on the last two, which isn't saying much really. It's just a red t-shirt which some logos ironed/stitched on

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #23347 on: January 17, 2022, 09:22:52 pm »
A proper straightforward home shirt.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23348 on: January 17, 2022, 09:34:27 pm »
On the Lebron James stuff, I bought a pair of the black Lebron XVII trainers…comfiest things I’ve ever worn so I’m all in on the LBJ merch.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23349 on: January 17, 2022, 10:52:19 pm »
Dickheads on twitter already complaining that's it's "too plain". :butt

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23350 on: January 17, 2022, 11:33:20 pm »
what are the chances its like united kit from 2009 plain upfront and all the stuff are on the back. its nike afterall

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #23351 on: January 18, 2022, 12:58:18 am »

Yeah, but what are the socks like?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23352 on: January 18, 2022, 04:58:05 am »

I’m not a fan of the Esvaphane.com done into it. Don’t understand the tie in to the city or the club.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #23353 on: January 18, 2022, 08:07:37 am »

If that's legit I love it.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #23354 on: January 18, 2022, 08:21:53 am »

Its memorable quality is that it's a plain red shirt....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline db1animal

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23355 on: January 18, 2022, 08:26:44 am »

I’m guessing the big marketing feature will be that it’s a ‘100% recycled/renewable/ethically produced materials’ kit with some sort of ‘Going Green but still a true Red’ tag line.
Boston Strong. JTF96.  YNWA

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #23356 on: January 18, 2022, 08:32:05 am »
It's probably the kit that people have screamed for most over the years.

Some old blokes who won't buy it will still cry. Personally it's absolutely gorgeous.

The away kits will hopefully be bananas.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23357 on: January 18, 2022, 08:46:35 am »

Excellent :thumbup
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23358 on: January 18, 2022, 08:48:14 am »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23359 on: January 18, 2022, 09:36:37 am »

Fantastic. That's what a Liverpool home shirt should look like.