Author Topic: 21/22 Goals and assists  (Read 142852 times)

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Our goalscorers
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 02:54:15 pm »
Remember when we put 4 past Barca in preseason.

Looking pretty run of the mill now ;)

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 03:02:33 pm »
It's good to see that we have plenty of goalscorers. Naturally, that's a bonus. But it's also the same kind of situation we've been in since Suarez left. We have goalscorers number three, four, five etc. Maybe even the number two. But not the number one.

I'd like to see one or two players score more than the others. What I want from those two is 30 league goals. That's generally how the roles are for the top sides. When we've challenged, we've been the same.

The argument for this is simple. Our striker duo needs to be on par with the other top sides' strikers. If not, this would automatically be an area for improvement that we'd have to address soon enough.

But if our '2,3 and 4' are scoring more than you would expect then what is the problem? We look well on course to score a huge amount of goals in the league so why must we have this striker? Like i said earlier I can only think of Aguero and Suarez who could come in and not effect the goal tally's of the rest in addition to scoring a huge amount. Genuinely am struggling to see how the way we are spreading goals about is a problem?

Also if you want 30 league goals from the first two I'd be very, very confident Firmino plus one other, probably Mane, will achieve that. Leaving Phil, Lallana and Sturridge to add their own.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 03:03:52 pm »
But if our '2,3 and 4' are scoring more than you would expect then what is the problem? We look well on course to score a huge amount of goals in the league so why must we have this striker? Like i said earlier I can only think of Aguero and Suarez who could come in and not effect the goal tally's of the rest in addition to scoring a huge amount. Genuinely am struggling to see how the way we are spreading goals about is a problem?

If anything spreading them out should be preferable as means if the main striker is out injured, or out of form, then we don't suffer.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 03:07:42 pm »
If anything spreading them out should be preferable as means if the main striker is out injured, or out of form, then we don't suffer.

Exactly. I think people would like this striker to come in and add to the fantastic amount of goals our attackers are currently scoring, which I would love too. But like I said, asides from Aguero and Suarez, who could actually come in and do that? I don't think any other striker could. If we had one of those two then I don't know if we could be stopped.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Dpt1983

• Kemlynite
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 03:08:05 pm »

Also if you want 30 league goals from the first two I'd be very, very confident Firmino plus one other, probably Mane, will achieve that. Leaving Phil, Lallana and Sturridge to add their own.

Two things I'm not sure anyone has a problem with sharing the goals around, just that they like having a 25-30 goal a season striker and I don't think either firmino or mane will reach 15 league goals

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 03:12:22 pm »
Two things I'm not sure anyone has a problem with sharing the goals around, just that they like having a 25-30 goal a season striker and I don't think either firmino or mane will reach 15 league goals

I get that people love having a main man up front but it is just coming across the wrong way, or I'm interpreting in wrongly. It's as if people aren't happy ;D

Firmino got 10 league goals last term, i'd like to think he can improve on that. I think I'm gonna leave it as it is though. If the team manages to score 80 goals it doesn't matter if thats 4 scoring 20 or 8 scoring 10. Having the goals spread out is a lot better imo. Every time we've had that star striker everybody has been bemoaning the fact the rest of the team weren't contributing enough. Now we have players contributing all over the pitch (and our 'main' striker actually struggling to make the starting 11) people still aren't happy.

RAWK ;D

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 03:20:35 pm »
I think it's better we don't rely on a 20+ goal striker. Of course it's better to have one alongside our goals but if you pin your hopes on it, like we did for many years, if they suffer an injury or have a lesser season, then you'll struggle. We've got a side where goals can come from various places, so there's less chance of goals drying up in one particular game.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 03:29:16 pm »
I always think back to van Nistelrooy at United when people talk about "needing" a 25-30 goal a season striker. There can be little doubt about his quality as a goalscorer, yet they only won the league once in his five seasons at the club. Fair enough they were up against very good Arsenal and Chelsea sides but I don't think it was complete coincidence that once he was sold they won three titles on the bounce. Ferguson realised even then - over a decade ago - that they needed more mobility, rotation and selflessness in attacking areas for a sustainable winning model.

Klopp's new Lewandowski would be the cherry on top but I prefer a side which can share its goals around. If we'd had that in 08-09 we'd probably have won the league.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 03:40:47 pm »
There is definitely a certain buzz associated with having an amazing centre forward. Over the last couple of decades we've had four of very best in the league - Fowler, Owen, Torres and Suarez. In Torres and Suarez's cases, they were without a doubt the stand out centre forward in the league for a couple of years each.

But looking back, where did it get us? Teams with lesser strikers would go on and win the league thanks to having a few good goal scorers rather than one exceptional goal scorer. In fact, the only massive trophy we've won in that time was when none of the above were at the club!

I'm really excited to see where this new approach to spreading out the goal scorers gets us. I can't see any downside. It doesn't matter if one, or even two or three, of them have an off day in front of goal - there's half a dozen more ready and willing to step up.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2016, 06:28:25 pm »
As previously mentioned, here's my spreadsheet of minutes played, goals and assists if anyone is interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vECtu09ScOM374eRCBNtZSpF3KTqJQsoTWQubUXpplc/edit?usp=sharing

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2016, 06:31:33 pm »
The only downside is for betting purposes, can't work out which one of the buggers is gonna net. In all seriousness, multiple goal threats is Utopia. I remember winning a league once in Champ with my top scoring netting 15 (in all comps)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 2, 2016, 09:26:03 pm »
Update :D

Coutinho - 4
Firmino - 4
Milner - 4
Lallana -  3
Mane - 3
Sturridge - 2
Origi - 2

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 2, 2016, 11:49:54 pm »
Update :D

Coutinho - 4
Firmino - 4
Milner - 4
Lallana -  3
Mane - 3
Sturridge - 2
Origi - 2
A thing of beauty.

People are so obsessed with individual goal tallies, but if firmino took pens he'd be just about leading the league.

Who gives a shit?!

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
Top PL goal scorer 2016/17?
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2016, 10:08:06 pm »
Roll up, roll up, ladies and gentlemen! I appreciate we're less than a quarter of the way through the season but I'd be interested to read who Reds' fans think will be our most prolific striker in the Premier League between now and May. For me, it's all about the Mané, Mané, Mané. So take a bow, Sadiow!
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
Re: Top PL goal scorer 2016/17?
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2016, 10:11:38 pm »
If everyone stays fit, it's between Mane and Coutinho. If Mane doesn't stay fit, I'd go with Firmino.

Online Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2016, 10:12:55 pm »
Is Mane likely to go to the ACON ?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2016, 10:14:15 pm »
What's positive is that it could be a number of players. Mane included.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2016, 10:18:06 pm »
Milner

We're Penaltypool after all :scarf

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2016, 10:20:57 pm »
What's positive is that it could be a number of players. Mane included.

The point in the thread, entirely. Not felt this exuberant for many a season. Well, not since 2013/14.
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2016, 10:26:00 pm »
Who's going to be the first to suggest Studge?

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2016, 10:36:06 pm »
Is Mane likely to go to the ACON ?
Yes he is going.

Top scorer Firmino, Coutinho, Mane all on 17.  :champ
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2016, 10:40:22 pm »
If everyone stays fit, it's between Mane and Coutinho. If Mane doesn't stay fit, I'd go with Firmino.
so to clarify its between Mane and Coutinho but if it isnt Mane it'll be Firmino?  ???

:D

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2016, 11:07:52 pm »
so to clarify its between Mane and Coutinho but if it isnt Mane it'll be Firmino?  ???

Yes! I think Mane's pace and skill allows Coutinho more time/space etc on the other side and helps him and everyone else to score.

Without him (and of course he is going to Africa in Jan) I would have to go with whoever our central forward is, and that looks like Firmino. Granted, Origi might play in Mane's position or up front and he also has pace and could allow Coutinho to flourish, so it kind of depends on where Klopp positions players and so on. Clearly, there is no standout candidate.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2016, 01:07:48 am »
Barring injuries I can see all 3 of our main front guys getting somewhere around 15 goals in the league. Mane will be missing some time in Jan-Feb so I'll say between Coutinho and Firmino.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2016, 02:15:30 am »
Coutinho - 5
Firmino - 4
Mane - 4
Milner - 4
Lallana -  3
Sturridge - 2
Origi - 2

Keep it going lads.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2016, 03:25:20 am »
^^^ Is this in the league or all competitions?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2016, 03:42:40 am »
I love that Coutinho/lallana firmino mane front three.

Having players sharing the goals is fantastic.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2016, 03:49:52 am »
Thought Coutinho had 4 in the league and not 5? Am I forgetting a goal? Two against Arsenal, one against Hull and one against WBA.

Edit: Nevermind. Just looked at the spreadsheet and it includes cup games.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:51:53 am by jooneyisdagloomy »
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2016, 04:51:41 am »
^^^ Is this in the league or all competitions?

All competitions mate.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2016, 07:32:19 am »
I love that Coutinho/lallana firmino mane front three.

Having players sharing the goals is fantastic.

+ Mane

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2016, 07:41:36 am »
+ Mane
I did say mane ;)

I understand that he's so quick it's easy to miss him.

Offline Eleven

• Voted for Trump. Not keen on LGBT rights.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2016, 08:08:38 am »
Coutinho/Mane/Frimino our very own MSN, if your can't have Messi, Suarez and Neymar. The next best thing is to have an attack that is similar to that and we've got that now with these three running the show as a trio.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 08:11:43 am by Eleven »

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2016, 08:17:09 am »
I did say mane ;)

I understand that he's so quick it's easy to miss him.

haha so you did :)

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2016, 08:18:39 am »
Coutinho/Mane/Frimino our very own MSN, if your can't have Messi, Suarez and Neymar. The next best thing is to have an attack that is similar to that and we've got that now with these three running the show as a trio.

CFM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=CFM ... I think it works, they are dead sexy

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2016, 06:33:55 pm »
CFM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=CFM ... I think it works, they are dead sexy

Opposition teams are the ones getting f***ed though!
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2016, 11:22:54 pm »
Was it Fulham or Palace at home in the 80's when every outfield players scored ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2016, 11:23:41 pm »
Late 80's.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2016, 11:24:49 pm »
The Scally Acid years.

;)

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2016, 12:47:45 am »
Scally Acid
He's in the under 19's, and although he scores every week it's not counted in this thread.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2016, 01:24:26 am »

Coutinho - 5
Firmino - 5
Mane - 4
Sturridge - 4
Milner - 4
Lallana -  3
Origi - 2
Lovren - 2