Author Topic: Loan Watch 2016-17  (Read 89621 times)

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Loan Watch 2016-17
« Reply #480 on: May 11, 2017, 11:37:31 pm »
Just saw on SSN markovic is out for last two games
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #481 on: May 12, 2017, 05:44:38 am »

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: May 12, 2017, 06:58:04 am »
Forgot we still had Wisdom on the books, I think of all the managers who had him.. only Brendan really gave him a go right?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #483 on: May 12, 2017, 10:49:26 am »
Seen the team Chirivellas been playing for has finished rock bottom of the dutch league, dunno how he's got on though

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: May 13, 2017, 09:56:51 am »
Just saw on SSN markovic is out for last two games

Shame, but at least he has done enough to improve his value. If Klopp doesn't keep him, we will get decent money for him in the summer.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: May 13, 2017, 09:57:43 am »
Seen the team Chirivellas been playing for has finished rock bottom of the dutch league, dunno how he's got on though

Well, he played 90 minutes of all the games since he went there, so the loan was a complete success.

Offline Lenny88

• Kemlynite
  • YNWA
« Reply #486 on: May 13, 2017, 06:23:10 pm »

Scored twice apparently..
Walk On..

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: May 15, 2017, 01:05:44 pm »
Liverpool will keep Allan Rodrigues de Souza at Hertha - if they make the Europa League

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-keep-allan-rodrigues-de-13036431

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: May 15, 2017, 01:11:32 pm »
Liverpool will keep Allan Rodrigues de Souza at Hertha - if they make the Europa League

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-keep-allan-rodrigues-de-13036431
Hope so. Seen some YouTube clips of him bossing centre-mid recently.
Hopefully he can do that regularly for them next season.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #489 on: May 17, 2017, 10:21:20 pm »
Danny Ward in shoot out at the moment. Just saved one.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: May 17, 2017, 10:26:53 pm »
Well in Danny Ward!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: May 17, 2017, 10:28:30 pm »
Ward was brilliant throughout the game and ends the night as the hero too, delighted for him.

Would be great for him if they got promoted and he got another loan there next season.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a Ł25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #492 on: May 17, 2017, 10:29:19 pm »
Great loan for him. Hopefully they go up and he gets another year there.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #493 on: May 17, 2017, 10:29:55 pm »
Ward was brilliant throughout the game and ends the night as the hero too, delighted for him.

Would be great for him if they got promoted and he got another loan there next season.
Exactly that.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #494 on: May 17, 2017, 10:34:54 pm »
Well in Danny Ward!

Been fantastic for Hiddersfield all season. His celebration was ace!

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: May 17, 2017, 10:35:38 pm »

Yep this all day long. Although even if they don't, they're a great club. Love him to stay for another season before returning and fighting for are number 1

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #496 on: May 17, 2017, 10:37:55 pm »
Well in Danny Ward!
Great game from the lad.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: May 18, 2017, 09:15:59 am »
no point bringing him back unless for arguments sake we loan karius?

id loan him again but with a call back clause should karius or mignolet get injured

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #498 on: May 18, 2017, 09:37:40 am »
Could we not just bin off one of Karius or Mignolet and give Ward some games next season? Whatever happens this weekend we're going to have alot more chances for fringe players to get minutes.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #499 on: May 18, 2017, 09:39:37 am »
Could we not just bin off one of Karius or Mignolet and give Ward some games next season? Whatever happens this weekend we're going to have alot more chances for fringe players to get minutes.

Or just give him another season at Huddersfield getting a full season in the PL? Assuming they win of course!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: May 18, 2017, 09:46:07 am »

Binning off Mignolet would be exceptionally harsh now and I have been critical of Mignolet in the past. He's been as important as any player for us in the last couple of months.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: May 18, 2017, 10:03:12 am »
Binning off Mignolet would be exceptionally harsh now and I have been critical of Mignolet in the past. He's been as important as any player for us in the last couple of months.
yes

this!

brought off some crucial saves in wins over West Brom and Stoke, we would be in serious trouble only for that.

better command of his area these days. He deserves credit for his recent form. hope he keeps it up.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #502 on: May 18, 2017, 10:39:46 am »
Think Ward will become a good keeper but I'm not sure how good. I think a season in the prem irregardless of whether Huddersfield go up will be needed before we can gauge whether he can make the jump to being a consideration as our future number 1.

Wagner has looked after him well and It's great to see he's developing. It'd be nice if we could send more of our players to them but there's no guarantee that he'll stick around after this month.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: May 18, 2017, 11:01:49 am »
if i was him id rather be first choice for huddersfield if they make it than 3rd choice for Liverpool

only way he gets second choice is if karius leaves in some shape or form

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #504 on: May 18, 2017, 11:39:33 am »
Why don't we let Karius out on loan and get Danny back next season as second choice. If Mignolet returns to the Mignolet of the previous year, then he can be brought in.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: May 18, 2017, 12:36:23 pm »
Or just give him another season at Huddersfield getting a full season in the PL? Assuming they win of course!

That's fine and all but given that neither of our current keepers are very good just thought it may be worth giving him a chance next season.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: May 18, 2017, 01:22:56 pm »
Why don't we let Karius out on loan and get Danny back next season as second choice. If Mignolet returns to the Mignolet of the previous year, then he can be brought in.

If we assume that we'll have both Migs and Karius at the club next year then I wouldn't be surprised to see Klopp go with some sort of rotation similar to what Madrid did in the past with Casillas.  One will play in the league and one in the cups which would give both of them decent game time. 

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #507 on: May 18, 2017, 01:26:40 pm »
If we assume that we'll have both Migs and Karius at the club next year then I wouldn't be surprised to see Klopp go with some sort of rotation similar to what Madrid did in the past with Casillas.  One will play in the league and one in the cups which would give both of them decent game time.

Domestic cups fine, but no chance we should be risking Champions League progression (if we qualify) for the sake of giving Karius minutes.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: May 18, 2017, 03:15:09 pm »
Domestic cups fine, but no chance we should be risking Champions League progression (if we qualify) for the sake of giving Karius minutes.
nope

i see what he was getting at though

Klopp did rotate it and whoever the number 2 was at the time usually got the cup games.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: May 18, 2017, 03:32:28 pm »
Well in Danny Ward!
Great game from the lad.

Surprised Sheffield Wednesday didn't win on a ..... Wednesday.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #510 on: May 18, 2017, 03:47:37 pm »

Why would you bin off goalies that are better than him? Mad shout that.

Think Ward will become a good keeper but I'm not sure how good. I think a season in the prem irregardless of whether Huddersfield go up will be needed before we can gauge whether he can make the jump to being a consideration as our future number 1.

Wagner has looked after him well and It's great to see he's developing. It'd be nice if we could send more of our players to them but there's no guarantee that he'll stick around after this month.

Wagner will be going nowhere if they get promoted  8)  IF they don't get promoted, there will be 2 or 3 Bundesliga clubs trying to tempt him I'm sure.

As for Ward, I don't think the fans there have been that impressed with him overall from what I've read.  A decent goalie, but not commanding and very hesitant to come off his line seems to be a regular complaint.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: May 18, 2017, 04:47:31 pm »
Please don't tell me people are going OTT based on last night's performance?

You're clearly one of those fans.

Ward is nowhere near good enough right now to be our number 1 long term. If you think Karius is that bad then you clearly haven't watched Ward this season.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: May 19, 2017, 10:16:39 am »
Please don't tell me people are going OTT based on last night's performance?

You're clearly one of those fans.

Ward is nowhere near good enough right now to be our number 1 long term. If you think Karius is that bad then you clearly haven't watched Ward this season.

It's OTT to suggest giving a young prospect some game time next season when we'll likely play over 55 games?

Obviously I haven't seen him play every week but what I have seen he hasn't looked any worse than Karius, who was pretty rubbish in every game he played.

Also, nowhere in my post did it say I think he should be no.1.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:19:33 am by A change without it backfiring! »

Online Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: May 19, 2017, 01:15:11 pm »
You would think that Huddersfield going up and us giving him another season there would be a win/win scenario.

He gets a season playing in the Prem - which can only do him the world of good.

And we will be better able to asses what level he is at.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: May 19, 2017, 01:23:43 pm »
You would think that Huddersfield going up and us giving him another season there would be a win/win scenario.

He gets a season playing in the Prem - which can only do him the world of good.

And we will be better able to asses what level he is at.

Absolutely, and I'm sure they will want to keep him for at least another season.

He's handled the pressure at Scottish Premier League level and Championship Level.

Premier League can be a different kettle of fish.

Great opportunity for us to assess his quality in the top league.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #515 on: May 19, 2017, 01:38:59 pm »
Loan karius and make Ward no2 then hopefully he can make step up to no1 within the next couple seasons

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #516 on: May 19, 2017, 01:47:11 pm »
Loan karius and make Ward no2 then hopefully he can make step up to no1 within the next couple seasons

What would the point of that be? What if Karius has a successful loan spell? Swap them around again the season after?

Whether Huddersfield come up or not, the best thing for Ward is another season on loan there.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #517 on: May 19, 2017, 03:08:07 pm »

Why do people want us to bring in a weaker goalie next season?  I don't get it!

Wasn't a big complaint how Mig didn't have competition here, and now that he's got competition - guess what, he's playing a helluva lot better, (for many reasons, but having decent competition certainly helps push him).

So why get rid of that competition to bring in a goalie who no one knows is that good yet?

Karius has played at a higher level and at a consistant level for 3 seasons prior. Ward has played 1 season in the Championship, where reviews have been a bit mixed.

And its not like one is younger - both are exactly the same age.

IF Huddersfield get promoted, there is no guarnatee they'd want him next season, they may want an upgrade.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:09:51 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline Oside Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #518 on: May 23, 2017, 02:14:52 am »
Brooks Lennon with a wonderful cross to give the US their 2nd goal in the U20 World Cup vs. Ecuador (:45 second mark).  He also delivered a dangerous ball for the 3rd goal, that was headed down by a defender and smacked home by Luca De La Torre of Fulham.  On a side note, that's Klinsmann's son in goal with the howler around the 1:15 mark.

Sorry I don't know how to embed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXNFX2YBzY

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: May 23, 2017, 07:01:39 am »
Why do people want us to bring in a weaker goalie next season?  I don't get it!

Yeah this place is weird sometimes.