Author Topic: LFC v Southampton 22.9.18 3pm Anfield  (Read 25262 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC v Southampton 22.9.18 3pm Anfield
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2018, 05:40:46 pm »
Can it be kick off already? I can't wait till tomorrow :D

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2018, 05:47:06 pm »
I think Klopp might rotate because of the difference in opposition and not necessarily because of fitness and stamina reasons. Pre match thread is good reading this week  :)

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2018, 06:14:48 pm »

Not arguing with you mate.  You make good points.

I am saying this is the kind of lesson one tends to get from years of coaching.  Not saying only coaches can learn this, but that the realization for coaches is that it is

1.  Hard to win on a regular basis in many leagues (U6 to Professional)
2.  Hard to start the season with 7 wins in most any league
3.  Difficult to find the balance in rotating a squad so that the team benefits and the squad benefits
4.  Difficult to get through the first few games without injuries, major team issues, and keep the essence of group

All good points. As fans we often think that we will beat the likes of Southampton but history tells us that winning matches in the EPL is much harder than some of us think. Winning 7 matches in a row is very hard. Even with all of our wins in the league this season we are only 2nd (on GD) and have some excellent teams right behind us. We shouldn't get too worried if we drop some points as long as we are keeping pace with the top 4 (preferably we are in the top 1 or two all season).

All of the teams in the EPL are capable of winning against us if we drop our standards slightly or with a lucky bounce etc.
#JFT97

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2018, 06:16:14 pm »
Not like you to be a bit negative. Just put it down to nerves.
Not sure if sarcastic but I do tend to be negative when it comes to predicting results, I have my reasons and I'll continue to do so until I'm proven otherwise ;D

Offline John Drakard

• Boys Pen
  • Liverpool from birth to death
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2018, 07:32:00 pm »
Been reading the comments on The Saints forum and it is clear that their fans do not hold out much hope of doing anything but a lot of defending. VVD will be unlucky if his kit needs a wash after this one as even their supporters are expecting a thrashing.

Love though that we apparently dip in bins for our food. Let's dine out on some South Coast cuisine and unleash hell on these Saints.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 07:40:09 pm by John Drakard »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2018, 07:32:43 pm »
Been reading the comments on The Saints forum and it is clear that their fans do not hold out much hope of doing anything but a lot of defending. VVD will be unlucky if his kit needs a wash after this one as even their supporters are expecting a thrashing.

Love though that we apparently dip in bins for our food. Let's find out on some South Coast cuisine and unleash hell on these Saints.

I'd be happy with a 1-0 win just as long as we win  :)

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2018, 09:17:59 pm »
Big game for Naby after seeing Gini, Milner and Hendo do so well against PSG. Being dropped for Leicester and PSG along with a subdued performance against Tottenham has made him go off the radar a bit. I'm waiting for him to take us to the next level. Like Fabinho, he's a bit of a mystery for me at the moment.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2018, 09:37:25 pm »
--------------alisson------------------
AA----Jomez----VvD-----Robertson
---Wij------Henderson-----Keita*
---Salah------Edgar Davids----Mane

*could be milner

Migs, Fab, Sturridge, Shaq, Matip, Moreno, Milner/Keita

(you may ask why no clyne - Fab can also play RB)

- on their side - Hojberg seems to have stepped up his game this year, so we will want to pay some extra attention there.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2018, 09:41:33 pm »
Alisson

Trent.          Gomez.             Van Dijk.             Robertson

Fabinho
Keita.           Henderson

Shaqiri.                                       Mane
Firmino

Is how I reckon we’ll start, with Milner, Salah, Gini/Sturridge on the bench to come on against tired legs.       

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2018, 11:14:12 pm »
I guess we'll see what Kloppo does tomorrow, but I'd be more than happy to see a couple of changes, one to give a couple of lads a longer rest, as obviously the Chelsea Carabao game will be a complete different XI, and two get some competition for places.

One thing being overlooked with the idea that we put our "best" team out, is that we really don't know what our best team is yet, since we've pretty much just seen the same team every week (with a little tweaking in midfield). Perhaps Fabinho in the holding role and Hendo further forward is our best team? Perhaps Keita playing with Sturridge creating all kinds of openings like they did together in pre-season is our best option. Maybe we will see what XS adds to the attack if he gets a chance playing with the "first choice" XI?

Either way, I feel like we will need to beat the likes of Southampton many times this season with something less that the XI guys that beat PSG on Wednesday, maybe its time to set that expectation of the bench players?

Anyway I don't pick the team, Jurgen does, thankfully, and he certainly has more information that I have - plus a tad more experience!

3-0 reds.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2018, 11:34:01 pm »
I think Salah will start personally. I know we have good squad depth but 6 wins out of 6 to start the season is only going to help us further down the line during the season. You need close to your best 11 to do that. Sooner or later it will start going in for him. He has set such high standards for himself from last season that even if he trends a little bit lower than the same trajectory last season it appears as if he isn’t having the same impact. He has scored in both PL home games this season and I honestly expect that to continue tomorrow. The only reason he wouldn’t start is if he isn’t well. I know he was pictured with Lemsip earlier in the week.
YWNA

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2018, 11:41:43 pm »
We might rotate because our bench is really good. Or not because or starters are really good. Or something in between. Or possibly betwixt. Its a bit of a grey area.

Our u-23's can beat Southampton fuck them and thier whiny vvd poutfaces. There best player is our worst player and hes great i love him but he cant play because hes ours until they give us 50 million usd.

#itaintaswelledheadifyoucandoit
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2018, 12:34:57 am »
Alisson

Trent.          Gomez.             Van Dijk.             Robertson

Fabinho
Keita.           Henderson

Shaqiri.                                       Mane
Firmino

Is how I reckon we’ll start, with Milner, Salah, Gini/Sturridge on the bench to come on against tired legs.       

You're resting Salah for the League Cup game?
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2018, 12:47:02 am »
i'd imagine he wouldn't be starting that game either
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2018, 01:48:19 am »
Milton and poetry summed up anything I would write much better than I could.  It really just boils down to a few points for me.

- No real point having a deep squad if we don't use it.

- Just because mostly the same team has started all our games, doesn't make it our "first xi".  It just meant that we were going for consistency while players like Hendo finish their pre-season and others are integrated.

- Whether players are tired now doesn't mean building up fatigue won't affect them later.

- A player that just played two games within the last 8 days, might not actually be the best choice today, even if they've started every game so far (perhaps because they started every game so far).

- It would be great to see Salah score again.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2018, 01:53:59 am »
Southampton will just park the bus, we need Keita for this one, and Shaqiri to come up if Salah struggles. An early goal would probably seal up the game.
Believer

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2018, 02:16:10 am »
Without Ings they have nothing.  I don't really care how we rotate today and the LC game, the quality of player for either should be good enough so it's not a worry.  We win this game hands down.  The team is so focused and consistent I can't see anything other than all 3 points.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2018, 03:31:32 am »
Keita and Gini have to start this for me, the big question in terms of selection seems to be who partners them.

After all the shite this week, I'd love to see Salah bag a goal or two and rediscover his mojo. We are gonna need it for the Chelsea and City matches.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2018, 03:32:14 am »

Exactly this.

Have him on the bench incase but the lad is trying to hard at the minute and a stint or two as a super sub could help his frustrations out.

Plus, Shaqiri has been fine when coming on and more than earned a start IMO, mainly for his willingness and directness.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2018, 06:18:03 am »
Klopp on rotation

Jurgen Klopp admits Xherdan Shaqiri is staking a claim for a full debut as the Liverpool boss considers changes for Saturday's Premier League clash with Southampton at Anfield.

The Swiss international has caught the eye in three substitute appearances for the Reds since his Ł13million summer move from Stoke City.

“Very lively, very positive,” said Klopp, when asked to assess Shaqiri's impact so far.

“It’s not only from the performances but also as a guy in the dressing room.

“Everyone loves Shaq, that's how it is, without playing plenty of minutes and that is more my mistake than his.

“He has done everything to play, to be honest. I made different decisions but his time will come, that's for sure.”

Naby Keita is likely to return in midfield and Klopp must also decide whether to recall Roberto Firmino at the expense of Daniel Sturridge, who marked his first start of the season with the opening goal in Tuesday's thrilling 3-2 win over Paris Saint-Germain.

Saturday will be Liverpool's third match in a run of seven games in the space of 23 days and Klopp says mixing things up will help his side to surprise opponents.

“We are going to have use the boys now,” Klopp added.

“They are in good shape. You saw it with Daniel but Daniel is not the only one scratching the door. They all want to play.

“They want to feature and that is what we have to do for sure. It should not be that we are in any way predictable so that people say: 'Okay, that is how they play, 4-3-3, this is the front three, two of them can maybe change in midfield, the front line is always the same.'

“Yes, that's good but we have to create something where the boys not only push from the bench but they push with their performance on the field as well.

“We have to give opportunity but only if they are in good shape. Then it is my job to decide who will start.”

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2018, 06:44:45 am »
Vital we use squad in this 5 match run.

However, I would make maybe just one or two tweaks today.

Chelsea midweek can be wholesale changes.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2018, 07:22:10 am »
No rotation of the front three today imo, we need them to get their groove back and that isn't going to happen by one or two of them being on the bench. Then rest all 3 vs Chelsea.

However, it'd definitely bring Keita back into the starting xi. If we are against a parked bus, Keita's direct running will hopefully be able to break through those lines and make things happen or at least win fouls.

It's very hard to see who to drop though. These days, in midfield, even an 8/10 performance in your last game is not enough to guarantee you a start. Makes a big change from seasons past.

We should win this, but I don't subscribe to the comments that they can't hurt us... We have to respect the opposition... Any side can pose threats and we have worked too hard to blow this good start by taking it easy against a "weaker" side.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2018, 07:23:15 am »

Love though that we apparently dip in bins for our food. Let's dine out on some South Coast cuisine and unleash hell on these Saints.
I’m always wary of these matches after a high, and a European high in particular. So let’s just get a win.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:36:08 am by Red Bird »

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2018, 07:31:50 am »
Let’s not be wasteful with our chances today, need to get that GD up.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2018, 07:37:50 am »
Do I keep Salah in my fantasy team or not?  :-\
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2018, 07:44:40 am »
Love this. We have so many good players that pretty much any starting 11 is decent.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2018, 07:52:38 am »
Interesting what Klopp said about not being predictable, suggesting more rotation might be made than first thought.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2018, 08:16:23 am »
Personally I’d start Salah and hopefully he scores two goals putting  him on 4 goals from 7 games exactly the same as last season , might just give him a mental positive boost.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2018, 08:30:05 am »
I’d rest one of either Salah or Mane, obviously Keita comes in , but maybe Fabinho too.

As for the full backs, Robertson has played every possible match in the league and international this season, so I’d rest him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2018, 08:36:52 am »
Interesting what Klopp said about not being predictable, suggesting more rotation might be made than first thought.

It really depends on what his plans are for the League Cup game. If he wants to use the second string there, then it makes little sense to change anything today. But if he wants to play some of the big guns on Wednesday, then he’ll need to rotate today. That way, he can go full strength against Chelsea in the league next Saturday without worrying about fatigue.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2018, 08:41:31 am »
Hell yes! Its Saturday! Jurgen's Mighty Reds, the team I love, play again today!!

Bring it on! Lets twat these twats!!

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2018, 08:59:12 am »
It really depends on what his plans are for the League Cup game. If he wants to use the second string there, then it makes little sense to change anything today. But if he wants to play some of the big guns on Wednesday, then he’ll need to rotate today. That way, he can go full strength against Chelsea in the league next Saturday without worrying about fatigue.

That's likely the case I feel. Could be Klopp simply talking up the rest of the squad by saying that, keeping them engaged.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2018, 09:29:19 am »
Don't care if Salah starts or not..
Don't care if Fabinho gets his first start or not (or whether he gets 25 mins)
Don't care if Keita comes back in..
Don't care if the back 4 is or isn't rotated..
Don't care if the midfield is refreshed or not..
Don't care if we twat them or not..

I JUST CARE ABOUT PICKING UP 3 POINTS.. ANY WAY POSSIBLE..  :wave

Don't care if it doesn't fucking rhyme..
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2018, 09:31:47 am »
Don't care if it doesn't fucking rhyme..

We've got a modern day Julian Cope on our hands here Bobby.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2018, 09:53:04 am »
We've got a modern day Julian Cope on our hands here Bobby.

With a hint of Pete Wylie, Chops
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2018, 09:56:47 am »
Vital we use squad in this 5 match run.

However, I would make maybe just one or two tweaks today.

Chelsea midweek can be wholesale changes.

Yeah, I think everyone will get a rest in one of these next two games - just a few people probably against Saints, and then the others against Chelsea.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2018, 10:17:15 am »
Come on you Redmen! Early goal is pivotal.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2018, 10:27:56 am »
Just track Hoijberg's runs and watch out for his energy on the transition, because Ings aside he's the only positive for them this season

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2018, 10:35:35 am »
Is Fekir available for this?
No. Ibe’s Cup-tied, too.

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader