Author Topic: Roma watch  (Read 149705 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: Roma watch
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2018, 09:46:13 am »
:lmao

Honestly. I maybe biased, but up until now, we are the one team in the Champions League I would absolutely dread facing. We might play like shit for all we know against Roma. But, going into the draw I would've hardly smiled if I was a Roma fan and we drew Liverpool.

True, Dzeko may target lovren, and may outmuscle him, but in the air Lovren is very good. As long as he doesn't get bullied for strength, and receives some protection from say a covering Milner/Henderson or Wijnaldum, he should be fine.

If everything is equal, Dzeko will get the advantage over Lovren as he is running towards goal to get that momentum.

I saw the second half of the match and Dzeko was the main threat when Roma started putting in crosses especially on their right side. So Robertson, Milner and Mane will have to watch out.

Naingolaan isn't the threat he used to be 2-3 years ago. He does get into good position but his shooting was awful.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2018, 09:47:55 am »
As far as my memory serves Lovren's heading was better at least statistically. I could be wrong.

Yep, you're wrong.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2018, 09:58:30 am »
Is it the 24th yet? No? Ahh, back to sleep then.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2018, 10:08:25 am »
Apparently they have got their team coach sorted for the 1st leg.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2018, 01:08:16 pm »

More like our lads will need that over there
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2018, 02:31:25 pm »
One central issue is how well do we expose their back four --- to get to Alisson (who is capable of standing on his head for all kinds of saves)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2018, 02:50:23 pm »
One central issue is how well do we expose their back four --- to get to Alisson (who is capable of standing on his head for all kinds of saves)

Has he been watching Grobbelaar videos?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2018, 02:59:34 pm »

Text Lucas Leiva?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2018, 04:09:52 pm »
Sorry if I'm asking something obvious - but on the BBC they're 3rd in the table despite being on the same points, with a far worse goal difference, as Lazio - is it all done on head to head in the italian league in those circumstances? Seems weird.

I think head to head applies before goal difference, yeah.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2018, 09:17:27 pm »
inter 3-0 up which puts them 3rd 2 points ahead of  roma in 4th tied on 61 points with lazio 5th. They will have to go all out in their next 2 games while we can rest players.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2018, 10:39:25 pm »
Top scouting ere. Just watched the 2016/17 Libpool v Roma friendly highlights.

Conclusion: cut off the supply line from Salah to Džeko and we’ll be fine.

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2018, 11:31:13 pm »
inter 3-0 up which puts them 3rd 2 points ahead of  roma in 4th tied on 61 points with lazio 5th. They will have to go all out in their next 2 games while we can rest players.
Barca cut them open at camp nou and in my opinion,barca arent all that this year so im very confident of us getting to Kiev.A few goals at home and i cant see them coming back from it.I know they did against barca but if you watch that game back,barca were a disgrace,they didnt start to take it seriously until it was too late. We wont make that mistake.We have the best tactician left in the comp in Klopp so im sure hes already figured roma out and we will handle them easily enough,they really only have one playing style and thats get it out wide and bang it in for Dzeko.Also barca were outmuscled that night and dominated aerily whereas long ball or balls coming in from the wings are a common occurence in the prem.Theyre Italian,they will be very defensively set up and hard to get at but the sheer pace and power of our front 6 will be telling.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2018, 03:23:56 am »
Blitzkrieg them within the first 20 minutes, don't concede, take our chances and take a decent lead into the 2nd leg.

Play to our strengths.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2018, 03:49:42 am »
Roma were already dead on their feat against Lazio this weekend even after Lazio were reduced to 10 men.

They still have a game today (Genoa) and have to go away to SPAL on Saturday.If they don’t rotate it , will be their 6th game in 17 days when they come to Anfield .Will be lot of tired legs that can be exposed with our pace.

Offline xan21uk

• Main Stander
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2018, 06:36:50 am »

made me laugh

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2018, 07:56:32 am »
Roma were already dead on their feat against Lazio this weekend even after Lazio were reduced to 10 men.

They still have a game today (Genoa) and have to go away to SPAL on Saturday.If they don’t rotate it , will be their 6th game in 17 days when they come to Anfield .Will be lot of tired legs that can be exposed with our pace.

Not sure they can rotate due to their league position.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2018, 08:25:32 am »
Sorry if already asked. Do these need top 3 or top 4 to qualify for next season ?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2018, 08:44:57 am »
Sorry if already asked. Do these need top 3 or top 4 to qualify for next season ?

Top 4 but there's more competition for them than we have.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2018, 08:46:49 am »
Honestly. I maybe biased, but up until now, we are the one team in the Champions League I would absolutely dread facing. We might play like shit for all we know against Roma. But, going into the draw I would've hardly smiled if I was a Roma fan and we drew Liverpool. 

Suggest you have a mooch about. Roma players, Roma former players (especially the ones we beat in 1984) and Roma fans WANTED Liverpool in the draw. Not because they saw us as the easy option - they want to avenge that defeat 34 years ago, on our return to their stadium.

They will be so up for this. We will need to really work hard to match them.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2018, 08:51:56 am »
Suggest you have a mooch about. Roma players, Roma former players (especially the ones we beat in 1984) and Roma fans WANTED Liverpool in the draw. Not because they saw us as the easy option - they want to avenge that defeat 34 years ago, on our return to their stadium.

They will be so up for this. We will need to really work hard to match them.

We'll be very much up for it too, Klopp and the players will want nothing more than to get to the final.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2018, 09:24:26 am »

Currently they're 5th. They can't afford to be resting key players really.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2018, 09:26:57 am »
To beat these it's absolutely vital we shut down that Salah on the wing.  His service to the foward line is excellent.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RtGZ-sA1lDQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RtGZ-sA1lDQ</a>

:missus
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2018, 10:43:16 am »

That tactic cost us about 36 million quid.

I think it was quite well spent, mind :)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2018, 10:55:36 am »
That tactic cost us about 36 million quid.

I think it was quite well spent, mind :)

Yeah I agree, his stats have been fairly good considering it's his first season with us  :D

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2018, 11:21:28 am »
Am sure they wanted to avenge it just as much in the UEFA cup in 2001. And again in the champions league in 2002. How'd that work out for them?

Never understood this really, I can't imagine after 34 years many of their fans care or remember.

There may be a brief thought towards it, but I doubt it's going to be a driving factor in the players motivation on the day.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2018, 11:52:28 am »
Of course Roma wanted to draw us, just as we wanted to draw them. Meanwhile Bayern and Real both wanted to draw Roma.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2018, 12:03:06 pm »
Of course Roma wanted to draw us, just as we wanted to draw them. Meanwhile Bayern and Real both wanted to draw Roma.

Hell even Roma, wanted to draw Roma  :D

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2018, 12:06:24 pm »
That’s absolutely true ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2018, 12:08:27 pm »
Dzeko worries me

big fan of him
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2018, 12:12:00 pm »
After the hard battle against one of the favourites, the team that beat our 10 men team 5-0, I believe we all appreciate a semi final tie that on paper that’s more even.

They beat Barca. We beat City. Now we battle each other. It’s not going to be easy but if we play true to form, Roma need to play two great games to get through

We are in it to win it ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2018, 12:18:34 pm »
I can guarantee 600% that over here in Italy, the Romans are buzzing at the thought of playing us. Not because they reckon we're the easy option but because they feel that it'll give them the chance to get their revenge after 34 years .
They reckon they have the stadium factor too. Their support is buzzing and just as we were up for the City game they're well and truly up for this one.
I just hope that our support is as good as the quarter final and that the Kop is as vociferous as against Chelsea in 2005. Just hope to God that  the corporate Nigels don't get their hands on too many of the tickets.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2018, 12:28:34 pm »
I think nothing is decided and we can't be favourites, but as Klopp says it is football and there is a chance for us. That is all that we need. We may lose, we may have an off night. But, we may also get it right, and if we do they won't be able to live with us. We will fight, I am certain of that under Klopp, will they be able to match that desire of a Klopp team. If they do then all the best to them, but Liverpool will not go down easy.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2018, 12:41:01 pm »
Hope our fans have some decent coin.

Liverpool fans must cough up as Roma announce ticket allocation
Date published: Wednesday 18th April 2018 12:18

Liverpool fans will have to pay £73 for a ticket for their Champions League semi-final second leg tie against Roma at the Stadio Olimpico.

The club have received an allocation of 5,000 for the 70,634-capacity stadium with supporters who have attended at least one away European fixture either this season or two years ago first in line.

However, Roma have requested additional security measures for visiting fans.

“AS Roma have instructed us to write the name of each supporter attending on the ticket purchased,” said a statement on liverpoolfc.com.

“ID will be requested at the turnstiles when accessing the stadium and checked against the name on the ticket.

“Please do not attempt to remove the name from the ticket as you may be refused entry.”

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool-fans-must-cough-up-as-roma-announce-ticket-allocation
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2018, 12:57:20 pm »
Saw that..fucking disgrace after Chelsea were charged £44.50 for their game there in October.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2018, 12:59:10 pm »

Any news on whether a coach welcome is planned? Would be good to get right back to it and show lessons learnt.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2018, 12:59:56 pm »
Saw that..fucking disgrace after Chelsea were charged £44.50 for their game there in October.

It's to top up the deficit in the Salah fee. ;)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2018, 01:28:11 pm »

Wouldn’t it normally be higher for a semi-final than a group match?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2018, 01:33:42 pm »
We are charging their fans £48 and they are charging £73.

Surely something has to be done about this.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2018, 01:41:34 pm »
they're confident in their team, in their atmosphere in their stadium, and the same can be said for us, why they're motivated doesn't matter, we're motivated as well, and we got our own dreams and glories to accomplish.

They'll be difficult regardless.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2018, 01:43:31 pm »
they're confident in their team, in their atmosphere in their stadium, and the same can be said for us, why they're motivated doesn't matter, we're motivated as well, and we got our own dreams and glories to accomplish.

They'll be difficult regardless.

Yeah, any team still left at this stage has more than earned it. Obviously I hope we go through, but if Roma beat us, I hope they win it.