Author Topic: Liverpool vs Everton, Sunday 10th December 14:15ko: Official Pre Match Thread  (Read 55792 times)

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
not really worried about this game to be honest... I can't see us winning 7 - 0 (although that would be nice), but i can't see this being a 1 - 0 win or anything either.  I reckon we'll struggle to get the first goal, with Bung Sam setting his side up very David Moyes-esque, but once that goal goes in.. there will be a mini flood of goals coming.

Merry Christmas Everton! :D

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
same team that destroyed spartak please .. robbo in for moreno if injured ;)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think Milner will start the derby at left back, but then if Alberto is still out for a few games, Robbo will then get a run of starts at left back after the derby.

That would make sense even if Moreno isn't out for long as you are going to need to make changes during the Xmas period and you obviously won't want Robertson going into them cold.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
I think we’ll see a midfield of Milner and Hendo so that would mean that Robertson starts at LB which I think is the right call.  We’ve seen how more effective we’ve been with a left footed LB and considering that Everton will sit 11 players inside their box we’ll need Robertson’s crossing ability. 

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Expecting no one but Mignolet and maybe Klavan to start all the next three games. Henderson, Chamberlain, Robertson and maybe Milner in for this one. Should be enough to win still an keep players fresh.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think we’ll see a midfield of Milner and Hendo so that would mean that Robertson starts at LB which I think is the right call.  We’ve seen how more effective we’ve been with a left footed LB and considering that Everton will sit 11 players inside their box we’ll need Robertson’s crossing ability. 

Weird timing for you to say "we've seen". Our right footed LB came on and made three goals in a half midweek.

The only way I can see Milner playing in the midfield is if he comes on for twenty minutes at the end as a sub, though I personally expect him to start left back.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
So hard to call this one.

Agree completely on bus parking and lump kicking from that lot, and I realise that after the last few brilliant results a measly 1-0 might seem a bit of a come down.  But the only way I see it finishing with that scoreline is if Everton keep themselves together and are really doggedly impressive, to the point it takes some random moment of sheer brilliance to break them in the closing minutes.

If we score early and it wont finish 1-0.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Watching the squad training live today , no sign of Coutinho?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
Watching the squad training live today , no sign of Coutinho?

Might be resting him cos of that kick he took in the first half against Spartak.

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
Anyone else a tad worried by the weather forecast? Its like the footballing devil has looked at this fixture and said "let there be 6 inches of snow and an orange football". If so i wouldnt be surprises to see Big Dunc up front.
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
I won't be surprised if the match gets called off on Sunday, latest weather forecast is heavy Snow from 4am Sunday, inside the stadium won't be affected, but the surrounding streets will be.
#Sausages

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Fucking fixture.

JUST WIN REDMEN!

These dogs are gonna try and play dirty. Get the goals, put them in their place and get the job done.

3 points
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
He the man. Cannot think of a better person to manage us at this moment in time. Love him.

Definitely. I think he 'gets' us in a way, he wouldn't 'get' any other Premier League club. And vice versa is true as well.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Exactly.

Whether you rate or don't rate a certain player, it's always good to see the manager back a player.

I think it's a bit damning on parts of our fanbase as well. This is where the story stems from. People are very vocal about Henderson and his lack of suitability as captain and a No.6. I think a bit unfairly at times though he isn't perfect for either role.

Today was a Klopp being very vocal and very strong in his backing of Jordan Henderson. Don't take this the wrong way but there's no doubt in my mind that if you are one of those fans who are vocal about Henderson's ability as a captain or player than that was aimed at you. I view as Klopp putting a marker in the ground. It was a very clear message-  Henderson is an important player and he's currently the best man to be our captain.

I think it's time for people to get behind that, despite any concerns they may have. For Klopp to come out this strongly shows how pissed off he is with the chat about this. People who strongly criticise Henderson in the short term are, in my opinion, undermining the manager.

I know people won't agree but that's how I viewed Klopp's comments.

I agree completely. A lot of comments in general about Henderson are unwarranted and unfair and Klopp got his message through fair and square.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
The fixture with the most cards in Premier League history refereed by a guy who's given 51 yellow and 4 red cards already this season. What could possibly go wrong?

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The fixture with the most cards in Premier League history refereed by a guy who's given 51 yellow and 4 red cards already this season. What could possibly go wrong?

Do you not read the news?

It depends what his script says!   ;)

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
Any news on if Lallana is back for this yet?

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Back in full training today..doubt he'll make the team for Sunday though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
The weather forecast for Sunday is not too good, expected snow is very likely, will be a real anti-climax if this is called off now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I have no news about this but I wouldn't think he'd be involved on Sunday given that he hasn't played since last season and we know that derby games against Everton always come with their patented 'Dogs of War' mentality. That's only going to be heightened now they're managed by Sam Allardyce.

We have a Tony Pulis free West Brom on Wednesday so it'd make sense for him to be involved then.

As an aside, anybody see his beautiful first touch when he plucked a long ball out of the sky after he came on against Chelsea? It was like he'd never been away. Looking forward to seeing more of that this season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Anyone else a tad worried by the weather forecast? Its like the footballing devil has looked at this fixture and said "let there be 6 inches of snow and an orange football". If so i wouldnt be surprises to see Big Dunc up front.

If the weather forecast holds up (and that's a big IF with weather forecasters) then it isn't certain that the game will go ahead. The snow is due to arrive early on Sunday morning and could hang around all day. If you have a few inches of snow on the ground outside before the game goes ahead and you add in 55,000 fans travelling with disrupted travel, delays and health and safety risks with ice thrown in as well then it doesn't look too good.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm looking forward to the game and will be watching it as it's played.

As a Geordie who supports the Toon it makes no difference to me as I have nothing at all against either Liverpool or Everton.

However, saying as it's Fat Sam managing them now I automatically want him to lose    :evil

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds like Robertson could be starting.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Kh31o6_xbUA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Kh31o6_xbUA</a>

Not sure if posted yet. Very funny.

That was actually funny. Well played Robertson in particular.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
Read in the Egyptian media that Salah had a long conversation with Klopp and the medical team then trained alone. Is he injured?

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Him wanting all the Everton fans to be booked was my favourite part.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds like Robertson could be starting.

Source?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
The weather forecast for Sunday is not too good, expected snow is very likely, will be a real anti-climax if this is called off now.

I'm more worried about the game being called off and pushed back to a later jam picked schedule than I am about us losing.
We're in the perfect form to play them with almost everyone healthy, and they're in the perfect form in  the sense that their 3 wins actually might add to their expectations and pressure and we're less likely to be complacent.  Additionally,  Sam has only been their manager for a week or so, barely enough time to change all that much. As it is, they have little threat going forward and are shambolic defensively.  They lack the physical players to attack our achilles heel or the speed to disrupt our midfield and defence.

Can't see this going any other way than a one sided thrashing with plenty of yellows and a red to boot.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

I don't think he should. We've suffered a few horrible injuries in this fixture and some nasty tackles have been thrown in by those c*nts. Barkley and Funes Mori come to my mind. Although they're not going to play, I would suspect Everton are going to play rough, it's best we protect him from this game.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Him wanting all the Everton fans to be booked was my favourite part.

Book em Flanno

« Last Edit: December 8, 2017, 06:14:53 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I'm looking forward to the game and will be watching it as it's played.

As a Geordie who supports the Toon it makes no difference to me as I have nothing at all against either Liverpool or Everton.

However, saying as it's Fat Sam managing them now I automatically want him to lose    :evil

That's the spirit, mate.

And don't forget, we have the 'Rafa' connection  ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

As a spectacle for the neutral?  Nothing! ;)

Read in the Egyptian media that Salah had a long conversation with Klopp and the medical team then trained alone. Is he injured?

He's clearly heard what SteveO said about him and is too scared now to face off against the Mighty Ev and be exposed as a one trick show pony, so he's feigning an injury.

As for Lallana, even if he was recovered and match fit, the derby would be the last game I'd tip him into for a return.  Hopefully he's available for the FAC though.

And I certainly hope Rafa adds to their misery in the following game. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
That's the spirit, mate.

And don't forget, we have the 'Rafa' connection  ;)

Watch him, he's grooming you.

Give in and you'll be spoiled as a Newcastle fan for ever and will be forced to re-locate.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Are you asking if Adam's fit? 7.5 apprently with the beard.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
It's hard to make a case for any changes other than Milner or Robertson in if Moreno isn't fit. Henderson will probably come in for Gini as well.

I expect the same 'front 4' will start - how can you drop one of them for this?

Get this win then you can start Sturridge, Solanke and Oxlade vs West Brom in what should be a physically kinder game.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
So is any player from the RS in the combined XI ? Salah's pace goals don't count so that's a no.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Everton know not to worry. Refs always appease their first half thuggery, sometimes even extend it to the second half if they're English

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
So is any player from the RS in the combined XI ? Salah's pace goals don't count so that's a no.

Keeper and Defense - No chance. Worst in the country.

Midfield - Bang average.

Attack - Fab Four? Meh. Coutinho is leaving so he doesn't count. Neither do the pace goals of Salah and Mane. It all comes down to Firmino or Rooney and there's only one choice there.

So in short, zilch.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He was really good, although it would have probably worked better if they had decided who was going to be commentator and co-commentator beforehand as they were talking over each other quite often.

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
I hate that this game is called the Merseyside derby. It's the Liverpool derby!