Author Topic: Luis Alberto  (Read 13429 times)

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Luis Alberto
« on: October 14, 2017, 06:27:29 pm »
Other former players get a lot of love for not much but going by his performances this may actually be one we've missed out on! To say Lazio fans are happy with him would be an understatement. And as I write this they are currently 2-1 up at Juve and he's got an assist.

Here's some opinion from a Lazio forum via dodgy translation :

"The sun of Lazio.
Of course he will not make room for Felipe when he comes back."

"I have never seen a player with his features in our Lazio. And I always dreamed of it."

"which extraordinary player, and whoever leverages it more than the title holder. :ssl
fantastic player, by sublime technique."

"It is the player I always dreamed of wearing the Lazio shirt, I hope I will never wake up"

"that enjoyment. crazy technique, foot even when it is swollen and wiggling football intelligence. never banal"

"Total Player"

"For the first time I saw it live in Verona.
That's where it came to me, after the still-fondling ball ... it's Zidane.
Today's punishment, ball in the 7th ... superb performance in the second half.
Fabulous"

"fantastic player, combines incredible technical quality with football intelligence, is the classic strong quarterback.
I believed in him but I did not imagine he was so strong, it is the surprise of the season."

"David Silva reminds me of the way he plays."

"Stunning transformation, and megagalactic player.
I do not have to compare with players of the past. He is really unique.
I just say that JSV was the strongest midfielder in the world of his generation, but he was not without defects, primarily a break in performance over 90 minutes.
That said, if LA will confirm these levels in the decisive games, we'll talk about it again.
For now I enjoy it, I enjoy it and I enjoy it: and the most classic and elegant player of the A series. The trio that makes up with LL and SMS is really a wonder."

"Sublime."

"A mix between Xavi, Xavi Alonso, Iniesta and David Silva."

"Luis Alberto at this time is playing in a phenomenal way. Really like few seen in Lazio. But there is no need to look for comparisons. Meanwhile we hope to continue this way, the premise is because even against Naples, in the first half especially in that tactical game, he showed his class."

"Player other than Veron in my opinion.

Juan Sebastian (who, in my opinion, is one of the strongest midfielders in our history) gave a great deal of gaming, LA's verticals and plays in the tight and is very, very close to the great midfielders of recent times. They certainly share the majesty they treat the balloon."

"FENOMENISSIMO

What a player!"

"Great player, beyond the technique, a monstrous football intelligence. Review the slowness of the "passes" in the episodes of goals and no price"

http://www.lazio.net/forum/lazio-talk/luis-alberto-romero-alconchel-(topic-ufficiale)/1100/?PHPSESSID=1f68dd2cf45926a5f528e22cf7bfa75c

Gonna try and catch a few more of their games. Saw them hammer a hapless Milan but not much else this season.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Luis Alberto
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 12:23:14 pm »
Always seemed like a great young player to me, I'm guessing in the end it was either the pace of the game or lifestyle that he never quite adjusted to. Shame really

Offline pink-radebe

• Anny Roader
  • Sharing milkshakes can spread germs.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:10:04 pm »
Really liked him from the glimpses we saw when he was here. Good to see him doing so well.
Thank you for reading my signature.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 01:41:55 am »
Yeah, he looked a disciplined tactical player when he came on against Utd early in the 2013-2014 season. Also, got a great assist when we smashed 5-0 as well.

Didn't he have a few off the field issues as well?
We are Liverpool!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 08:31:15 pm »
Yeah, he looked a disciplined tactical player when he came on against Utd early in the 2013-2014 season. Also, got a great assist when we smashed 5-0 as well.

Didn't he have a few off the field issues as well?

Got a 12 month Drink Driving ban in 2014.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 01:42:58 pm »
Italians love their no 10s and Luis Alberto plays the game in the best traditions of that position. Can't really recall too much of him under Rodgers bar being a very neat touch player but he finally looks to be blossoming. Everything a no 10 should be. Total awareness, passing, little burst of pace as well when necessary, vision.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 05:16:11 pm »
I haven't got a strong opinion on thsi either way but curious as to what others think: is the subsequent success of Aspas and Alberto a vindication of the transfer committee to some degree?

Offline stoj

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 05:33:46 pm »
I haven't got a strong opinion on thsi either way but curious as to what others think: is the subsequent success of Aspas and Alberto a vindication of the transfer committee to some degree?

Clearly balancing on the fence here, Yes and No. Yes for identifying, technical, skill full, clever players whilst not costing the earth, but No for identifying the right player for the club and adapting to the demands of the EPL, pressure at LFC and Tempo. Always thought both looked good players but as with ANY transfer, whatever the cost, it is a gamble and players are only Human.....although Suarez did get me thinking ;)

At least we didn't lose much money, (if any?) and good to see that they are playing with freedom.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 02:46:42 am »
I've come to the conclusion that the "committee" are rather good at their job and Brendan, however good a coach, was awful at identifying quality players. For the kind of price we paid for the pair of them, it was worth a gamble IF we couldn't afford to pay top dollar.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 05:51:19 am »
Just remember him being too slow and not being able to keep up with the rest of our attack. Tidy in possession, and creative enough.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 06:38:55 am »
He went to Lazio last season and played total 9 games. Was it an injury?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 06:43:26 am »
He went to Lazio last season and played total 9 games. Was it an injury?
think he didn’t settle at first and thought of quitting the game from memory

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 07:01:13 am »
think he didn’t settle at first and thought of quitting the game from memory

He was also saddled with playing alongside Biglia in a deeper role, which didn't suit him. Lucas frees him up to play as a 10, where he's thrived.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 01:21:14 pm »
Mental we let this kid go. What a player he's turning into.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 1, 2017, 05:44:48 pm »

By getting regular games for someone else in a slower, inferior league. Yeah, 'mental' that.

He wasn't good enough for us when we had him, so we sold him. He'd be a squad player at best.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: November 2, 2017, 03:49:03 pm »

Some players just don't suit this league. Was never gonna succeed if he stayed.

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 3, 2017, 03:28:30 pm »
Crazy how a 5th of the latest Spanish squad are either current or ex reds. Good to see them doing well

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 3, 2017, 03:39:06 pm »
Most of the players we sign will be talented. Whether they are the right fit for us is another matter.

Luis Alberto came to us from the Spanish 2nd tier, next to none top flight experience. Iago Aspas came with 1 season of it. There's a good chance they would have found it tough adapting regardless, but under the circumstances they came, super difficult without them being world class (which neither are).

I think it says more about fans who write off players as being shite just because they don't hit it off here than anything else.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 04:12:34 am »
Good player and happy to see him do well. I hope Markovic can go to the Italian league and do some nice things there. Seems like he would be well suited there like Alberto.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 12:06:43 am »
Good player and happy to see him do well. I hope Markovic can go to the Italian league and do some nice things there. Seems like he would be well suited there like Alberto.

good call - that's exactly where Major Lazar needs to go.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 09:36:15 pm »
Great goal by him for Lazio but they're 3-1 down at home to Torino. Think he'll move on to bigger and better things at some stage.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 6, 2018, 03:29:53 pm »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 6, 2018, 03:38:43 pm »
https://imgtc.com/uploads/Kr7rVGuxUlv.mp4

Silky Smooth

Did he literally break one of the defenders ankles there? Classy footballer.

Lucas: slow the fuck down and celebrate with me yer twat

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #23 on: January 9, 2018, 04:32:14 am »
Get this guy back as our replacement for Coutinho?

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: January 9, 2018, 02:59:11 pm »
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #25 on: February 9, 2018, 04:04:57 am »
7 goals and 7 assists now. Ultimately probably not the right kind of player for us in that he couldn't play at the tempo we like to play, but it's nice to see him do well.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 10:40:45 am »
7 goals and 7 assists now. Ultimately probably not the right kind of player for us in that he couldn't play at the tempo we like to play, but it's nice to see him do well.

Italy is perfect for both him and Suso. They should stay there and have great careers.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 03:33:23 pm »
Rumors of Barca bringing him in to replace Iniesta this summer.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 03:36:28 pm »
He'll be another Dennis Suarez and Gerard Deulofeu.

Bringing back former La Masia graduates hasn't gone well for them lately.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2018, 03:43:44 pm »
35%... yes please
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 03:45:34 pm »

I thought the little rat was Iniesta's replacement? No way he's playing in Barca's front three.  ;D

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 03:49:33 pm »
That sounds like satire.

If it’s true, then Coutinho will surely end up regretting the day he left Liverpool for Barcelona: the Barca board would have to have gone insane.

Luis Alberto is a good player, but when Real have Isco, Man City have De Bruyne and Bayern have James...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 03:50:36 pm »
35%... yes please

Are you saying we've got a 35% sell on clause? Where is that from?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 04:40:32 pm »
Are you saying we've got a 35% sell on clause? Where is that from?
Yep.  Widely advertised at the time of his sale.

Reports vary between 30 and 35% sell on.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2018, 04:49:28 pm »
Yep.  Widely advertised at the time of his sale.

Reports vary between 30 and 35% sell on.
On profit or on overall transfer fee?  :P

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 05:50:21 pm »
That's a nice extra 10-15 million euro for next summer if it really happens. Another two Robertson's would be nice ;D.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 07:24:28 pm »
On profit or on overall transfer fee?  :P
Very little difference really given how cheap he was
W

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 1, 2018, 03:24:02 pm »
Italy is perfect for both him and Suso. They should stay there and have great careers.
Very little pace or ability to beat a player, Alberto would be a disaster in La Liga, Italy is perfect for him

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2019, 03:45:49 pm »
Top of the assists chart in Europe with 11 so far this season!

Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2019, 04:06:59 pm »
Italy suits him well!