Author Topic: Ricky Lambert Retires  (Read 6929 times)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Ricky Lambert Retires
« on: October 2, 2017, 02:58:30 pm »
Just posted on the BBC site. Good luck son, enjoy the other stuff.
"Former England striker Rickie Lambert has announced his retirement from football.
The 35-year-old ex-Southampton, Liverpool and West Brom forward has been without a club since leaving Cardiff City by mutual consent in July.
He scored 218 goals in 607 league games in a career that spanned 19 years and took in nine clubs.
"I feel lucky to have been involved in this sport for as long as I have," said the Liverpool-born forward.
Lambert scored three goals in 11 appearances for England and came on as a substitute at the 2014 World Cup.
"I have had some ups and downs in my career, but to have represented clubs like Southampton and Liverpool and playing for my country in a World Cup were beyond my wildest dreams," he said."
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ricky Lambert Retires
« Reply #1 on: October 2, 2017, 03:25:46 pm »
Didn't work out for him here, but he got a chance to play for his boyhood club, scored for his boyhood club in the Champions League and earned his way on to the England national team and appeared in a World Cup. Not bad eh.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2 on: October 2, 2017, 09:30:43 pm »
All the best to Ricky he was so thrilled to get the chance to be at his boyhood club.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3 on: October 3, 2017, 10:47:39 am »
i think his legs just went when we got him

shame really

seemed a very likeable bloke. remember him cutting short a holiday i think to start pre season early with us

pity things didnt really work out
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline norecat

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: October 7, 2017, 08:44:45 pm »
Wish him well on his retirement. However he is apparently cribbing that moving to Liverpool killed his love of the game due to lack of playing time. He was never good enough to play for Liverpool and should count his blessings to have played for his country and Liverpool.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5 on: October 7, 2017, 08:53:25 pm »
Wish him well on his retirement. However he is apparently cribbing that moving to Liverpool killed his love of the game due to lack of playing time. He was never good enough to play for Liverpool and should count his blessings to have played for his country and Liverpool.

Have you read what he actually said? I don’t really see anything wrong, actually respect completely what he did say. I wouldn’t just read the ‘Liverpool move wrecked my career’ daft headlines.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 7, 2017, 08:58:11 pm »

Where's that from, because it sounds like media bullshit?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 8, 2017, 02:55:12 pm »
Where's that from, because it sounds like media bullshit?
It's a Daily Fail interview, so I'll just go to another shite page instead.

http://www.90min.com/posts/5641500-retired-ex-liverpool-striker-rickie-lambert-fell-out-of-love-with-football-after-switch-to-reds

After rising from the basement of English football to successfully make his name known at Southampton, recently retired Rickie Lambert has revealed that he 'fell out of love' with the game after switching to Liverpool in 2014 from the Saints​.

During his time at St. Mary's, Lambert, 35, managed to notch 117 goals on the south coast, a record which got him recognised by his boyhood club on Merseyside, a switch which would have presumably been a dream come true for the prolific, working-class hero.

But, after accepting that he would play second fiddle to the likes of Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge despite being a weekly starter for Southampton formally, Lambert says that his move to Anfield ultimately lead him to 'lose something mentally'.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, Lambert said: "I was getting well paid but I never started playing football for the money.

“And when I decided to go to Liverpool I sacrificed a regular first-team place and that was when I started to fall out of love with it.

“I never should have accepted being on the bench, even though Brendan Rodgers had made it clear to me I would be back-up for Suarez and Sturridge.

“I was never as quick or as technically good as the best players, but in my own head, when it came to actually playing, I could convince myself I was the best."

Whilst earning 11 caps for his country and scoring three goals in the process, Lambert only featured 36 times for Liverpool during his stint at the club in all competitions, a lack of football which ultimately stunted his confidence.

“But when I joined up with England I felt lucky to be there, and it was the same at Liverpool." He added.

“And when I look back now I realise I lost something mentally as a player by allowing that to happen.”
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 9, 2017, 09:21:56 am »
nothing wrong with what he says is there?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9 on: October 9, 2017, 04:04:13 pm »
He did start 11 games in 14/15 and 23 appearances which couldn't have been less than expected when he signed.

He was also 33 that season and very few strikers are playing regularly in the Premier League by that age. If he'd stayed at Southampton he might have had one more season at the most as a starter but he's a Liverpool fan he was hardly going to turn the chance down to play for us.

I don't blame him for saying that and being honest, but you'd like to hear that it was a joy to play for Liverpool etc. If he'd stayed at Southampton he'd have always regretted not signing for us, particularly as he drifted out the side there within a season or two.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2017, 04:09:07 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 08:57:49 am »
Dark times.

I was gutted not to be starting ahead of Balotelli that seaosn, must have been even worse for Ricky.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2020, 09:33:39 pm »
Given his limited ability he should have been counting his lucky stars every morning that he got to play for Liverpool.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2020, 10:19:56 pm »
That away at Villa when he scored the second was great though.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2023, 10:56:24 pm »
https://twitter.com/RealTomNumbers/status/1668049674522042371

Something in the water down in Southampton.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2023, 12:29:22 am »
https://twitter.com/RealTomNumbers/status/1668049674522042371

Something in the water down in Southampton.
"whether they know about it or not subconsciously, they use the techniques of.. manisfustations"

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2023, 02:15:43 am »
I've listened to him talk for more than three and a half minutes and I have no fucking clue what the fucking hell he's talking aobut. Like his way of thinking though about people just wanting to live normal lives while probably living in a nice big house with hundreds of thousands quid in the bank... What a fucking idiot...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2023, 09:04:02 am »
It amazes me how most footballers even survive after retiring. I'm sure the money helps some of them, but loads are just ... very stupid, to put it mildly.

Imagine how much shite him and Le Tissier would spew on a night out, fucking hell  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2023, 09:06:50 am »
Made it through about a minute and a half before tapping out.  What on earth is he talking about?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2023, 10:30:26 am »
Wake up sheeple.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2023, 10:35:34 am »
Made it through about a minute and a half before tapping out.  What on earth is he talking about?
THIS

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2023, 10:37:00 am »
Maybe 1 too many headers Ricky.
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2023, 02:32:11 pm »
couldn't make it past the halfway mark

all i could think of
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 02:36:32 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2023, 02:39:56 pm »
I mean while it's a load of tosh, the actual premise is good. Believe you can have a better life and act accordingly.

It's a nice thought.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2023, 10:56:24 pm »
He's gone off the deep end on Twitter.

Gone full Magna Carta weirdo

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2023, 11:16:00 pm »
Turned into a right cosmic scally hasn’t he

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2023, 10:30:23 am »
The woman at the end of that video with a proper serious face saying "yeah" like he's just made a very important point :lmao Confirms what we all knew, that footballers live on their own fucking planet.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2023, 10:44:43 am »
They seem to like the phrase 'warrior poet' whatever the fuck that means.  No surprise the galactic wanker Le Tissier is involved.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2023, 10:47:34 am »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2023, 10:50:12 am »
Not too long ago the cranks only had a sandwich board that said 'The End Is Nigh", now social media has given them a huge foghorn to spout their dribble.

One of the retweet posts made by RL was a guy (Mark Attwood) who said we should go and read all David Icke books and that the "[space?] ships are real, he has seen them".  :o

Le Tiss has gone proper batshit mental.

I'm very much for free speech however one thing I find from the tinfoil hatters they can't seem to live a quiet life living off-grid. They always want to grab you constantly and shout "You need to see this, you are asleep, you are all wrong - ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!"

fc

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 10:54:16 am by flyingcod »
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2023, 10:50:48 am »
Did he just watch Ghostbusters 2 the night before?
;D ;D ;D ;D

The power or wanting/needing to belong, combined with a specific kind of person.....

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2023, 11:23:23 am »

;D that was my immediate thought as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2023, 12:24:10 pm »
Not too long ago the cranks only had a sandwich board that said 'The End Is Nigh", now social media has given them a huge foghorn to spout their dribble.

One of the retweet posts made by RL was a guy (Mark Attwood) who said we should go and read all David Icke books and that the "[space?] ships are real, he has seen them".  :o

Le Tiss has gone proper batshit mental.

I'm very much for free speech however one thing I find from the tinfoil hatters they can't seem to live a quiet life living off-grid. They always want to grab you constantly and shout "You need to see this, you are asleep, you are all wrong - ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!"

fc

Was he always a crank? How do people change and become one? Or is he just doing it for the grift?

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2023, 12:28:50 pm »
:lmao

Only a matter of time before he’s putting water into his toaster.
AHA!

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2023, 04:06:47 pm »
Was he always a crank? How do people change and become one? Or is he just doing it for the grift?

Maybe he's always thought things like that? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My wife says lockdown is an answer for many things, some people have come out of it not that well mentally speaking.

If you look at everything wanting to see a conspiracy, then you will probably always see one.

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2023, 06:41:29 pm »
;D ;D ;D

https://twitter.com/MonikerGeller/status/1679956627485589508
ah, Leilani Dowding, fountain of knowledge. I mean, those hydrogen and oxygen just love it when I tell them how much I want to slide into their DMs.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2023, 12:29:56 pm »
;D ;D ;D

https://twitter.com/MonikerGeller/status/1679956627485589508

I loved it when in the beginning they just cut to the other two guys (who looked very much alike). Would have loved it even better, if there had been another 20 people and they had randomly cut to them every few seconds... The end of the video with the lady wearing a "Defund the media" hat definitely made up for the lack of cuts before... :lmao

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2023, 06:51:48 pm »