Author Topic: 2018/2019 Season Expectations...where will we finish? what will we win?  (Read 19953 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: 2017/2018 Season Expectations...where will we finish? what will we win?
« Reply #80 on: September 1, 2017, 02:28:19 pm »
League - 2nd
CL - losing finalists
FA Cup - winners
League Cup - quarters

Just a "feeling".
My other "feeling" is league winners, but everyone has that so I've gone with what I generally feel.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 02:30:34 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 1, 2017, 02:33:06 pm »
virtually everyone has said we'll finish at least top 4 ...with a fair few predicting we'll win the league....have you been reading the right thread?.....
???

All the people saying it's impossible to challenge for the title because of the shambolic defense - without even giving us a chance.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: September 1, 2017, 02:34:05 pm »
Title is definitely possible, I expect we will finish second.  :-\

I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #83 on: September 1, 2017, 02:56:31 pm »
I think we'll make the top 4, but not win the title. CL quarter finals or semi's will represent huge progress and I think we're capable of making it that far, just not winning it yet. But I do think we'll win one of the League or FA Cup.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #84 on: September 1, 2017, 03:08:37 pm »
We'll be comfortably in Top 4 the entire season.

With a little bit of luck with injuries don't see why we can't win the league.

Our first XI is as good as anything in the league and the front 4 is going to absolutely terrorise everyone.

We have goals from bench, good depth in midfield to rotate, couple of young players who'll make a huge step-up, we'll go from strength to strength this season.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 1, 2017, 03:15:05 pm »
All the people saying it's impossible to challenge for the title because of the shambolic defense - without even giving us a chance.

Fuck me, people giving their opinions in a thread titled where will we finish. Whatever next.

If people think it's impossible to challenge with the defence we have they have a right to say it. Let's be honest here Klopp wanted to spend £70m on Dijk for a reason. If he didn't think we needed him he wouldn't have wanted him. He won't be happy we didn't get him.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #86 on: September 1, 2017, 03:19:41 pm »
I don't think we'll be able to win the league - yes, we have a blistering attack but we're simply too open at the back and vulnerable from set pieces, and that's something the shite sides in the league will look to capitalise on. I think we'll run it close, but every team that's won the league in the last two decades has been solid vulnerably, something we still can't say.

In the cups though, it's all up for grabs. Klopp has a phenomenal record against the big sides, and I would be surprised if we didn't go far in Europe this season.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 1, 2017, 03:23:25 pm »
Title challenge.
FA Cup run/win
League Cup...probably not
Champions League semis

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 1, 2017, 03:25:29 pm »
Title challenge.
FA Cup run/win
League Cup...probably not
Champions League semis

Cant be arsed doing my own
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #89 on: September 1, 2017, 03:26:51 pm »
I think we have it in us to win the league. Many teams before have shown that the way to win the league is by being flat track bullies; make sure you're winning those games against the low/mid table teams and not dropping too many points against the other title/top 4 contenders. Our style lends itself to doing very well against other top teams, so what did we really need to focus on? Improving our ability to break down the low blocks. Having Robertson/Moreno, Salah, Ox and eventually Coutinho in the side at midfield is going to vastly improve our chances of doing this. We have depth, we have the attack that every team fears, and we have a manager that knows how to set up the side to succeed in the toughest match-ups.

While it would be nice to have more defensive depth, if you compare us to the other top teams in the league is it really that bad? We're an attack first team so we're always going to concede goals especially with the way we throw players forward with reckless abandon. I just think this year we're going to do better at finding that breakthrough against defensive sides.

Top 4 for sure, with a potential title challenge.
Deep run in FA/League cups.
Most dangerous EPL team in the CL (hoping for semis if we don't meet RM/PSG early).
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #90 on: September 1, 2017, 03:27:04 pm »
I don't think we'll be able to win the league - yes, we have a blistering attack but we're simply too open at the back and vulnerable from set pieces, and that's something the shite sides in the league will look to capitalise on. I think we'll run it close, but every team that's won the league in the last two decades has been solid vulnerably, something we still can't say.

In the cups though, it's all up for grabs. Klopp has a phenomenal record against the big sides, and I would be surprised if we didn't go far in Europe this season.
Has any team that hasnt won the league been more devestating in attack?
Probably our recent second place with suarez and sturridge? Arguably the attack is better with a not much different defence.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #91 on: September 1, 2017, 03:27:19 pm »
If people think it's impossible to challenge with the defence we have they have a right to say it. Let's be honest here Klopp wanted to spend £70m on Dijk for a reason. If he didn't think we needed him he wouldn't have wanted him. He won't be happy we didn't get him.
We'll also never know if V.Dijk as a transfer would have worked. When we signed Lovren majority of this board was convinced he would have done a great job but he had a terrible first year. Who is to say something similar wouldn't have happened with V.Dijk? Talking about potential transfers being successful as a fact is a fallacy.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 1, 2017, 03:59:47 pm »
We'll also never know if V.Dijk as a transfer would have worked. When we signed Lovren majority of this board was convinced he would have done a great job but he had a terrible first year. Who is to say something similar wouldn't have happened with V.Dijk? Talking about potential transfers being successful as a fact is a fallacy.

Massively clear that Dijk has always been and always will better than Lovren. Lovren has never reached the level of Dijk's performances.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #93 on: September 1, 2017, 04:04:40 pm »
Because they are getting more coaching time and because we are on 7 out of 9 clean sheets over the past months. Also a fully fit Henderson does protect well as was evidenced against Arsenal.
Goalkeeper seems more settled than last year also IMHO

Did you see the Watford game ???

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 1, 2017, 04:14:11 pm »
League - 3rd
CL - Last 16
Cups - Anything can happen.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #95 on: September 1, 2017, 04:16:32 pm »

you on Keita...

Brilliant signing. It's mind blowing that he committed to us in this way.

Klopp and Edwards are pushing this club forward relentlessly. We are now a well oiled machine primed to build a team that's gonna make all our dreams come true very soon.

you on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain...

Really, really happy with this.

Great option to have, we now got a good number of multi-functional players who can cover a couple of positions allowing us to have a bit of a smaller but happier squad because everyone will contribute.

If we keep Phil we'll be just a CB away from an awesome squad and that can be addressed in January as well.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #96 on: September 1, 2017, 04:18:35 pm »
League - 1st
League Cup - Win
FA Cup - Win
CL - Win
FP League - 1st
Most manager of the month award wins
Most player of the month award wins
Manager of the season award
Player of the season award
Young player of the season award

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #97 on: September 1, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »
League - 3nd
CL -  round of 16
FA Cup - quarters
League Cup - who cares

Offline Jim Pooley

• Not quite fit enough for walking football
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Still can't afford an avatar.
« Reply #98 on: September 1, 2017, 04:22:02 pm »
Top 3 in the league, in contention for 2nd.
Past the group stage in CL
A Wembley appearance in one of the domestic cups.

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
« Reply #99 on: September 1, 2017, 04:28:00 pm »
I 'expect' a top 4 challenge

I believe we can win the league. Injuries, form, suspension and luck dependant.

We can go all the way in the CL no matter what the draw. The main thing is get out of the group, if we do we've a great chance with klopp and anfield.

FA cup depends how the league and CL are going

League cup we will lose to Leicester. Will be one game too many in September.

For those saying the defence will stop us challenging for the league, in 13/14 we challenged with a worse defence!

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #100 on: September 1, 2017, 04:56:53 pm »
We're going to win the league. We've got Klopp and none of the others have. I stuck a bet on it back in June and the missus wants to go to Tahiti with the winnings.

Stating the obvious, we have a better starting team than Arsenal. The same applies to Spurs and they are further handicapped by playing at Wembley. City have an excellent squad but they're not impressing me so far and they'll implode at some stage. Chelsea will do better than their start suggests but they'll fall short. The only small chance that the missus won't see Bora Bora is Maureen's mob. They play as ugly as fuck but they're big and effective. I really think that we're better than them though and subject to not too many injuries we'll edge it.

CL: Semi final. (I've had a bet on us doing the double too.)

FA Cup: Finalists

League Cup: Quarter final.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 1, 2017, 04:58:13 pm »
Predictions

Premier League - I think we'll very well in the league this season, especially if we're luckier with injuries. No AFCON will help as well. I think we'll challenge for the title and be very strong, especially at home. My prediction for this season = 2nd
Champions League - I think we'll top our group and qualify with a game or two to go, allowing us to not go full pelt in the final game(s). I think we'll be the English team who goes furthest, and we'll certainly be a Liverpool worthy of the name, but I think we'll fall just short. My prediction = Runners up
FA Cup - Probably the third most important competition for us this season, I think we'll do well but it's not a priority compared to the league and Champions League. My prediction = Quarter-Finals
League Cup - The least important of our four competitions, we usually do well in this and are the most successful League Cup team. Whilst we obviously won't care too much about this cup, I think we'll win it. My prediction = Winners

Expectations

Premier League - At the very least I expect us to challenge for top four, although I think we'll challenge for the title. My expectation = Top Four
Champions League - At the very least I expect us to get out of the group stages, it's an ideal group for us. My expectation = at least the QFs
FA Cup - I don't expect us to prioritise the domestic cups this season as we'll be focussing on the league and Europe. I do expect us to not fall at the first hurdle. My expectation = Fourth Round
League Cup - I expect this to be given little thought compared to the League and Europe. As the cup ends in February, it's an early chance of silverware, and whilst I think we'll win it, my expectations are not that great = QFs

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #102 on: September 1, 2017, 04:58:51 pm »
I've got no idea what we'll achieve. I think we will win something, but that could be anything from the League Cup to the European Cup! I just think that on our day we can blitz any team, and I truly mean any team. I think our defensive issues will be found out in the late stages in Europe IF we ever get there, but then again Madrid put 4 past an amazing defense in the Champions League final in May and good offense will beat good defense. Maybe that's our shot? Making games a shootout when the opposition is just impossible to keep out. Who knows?

I think we'll be there or there about in the league come January, no more than half a dozen points off the top. If that is the case then I'd love us to get a shot in the arm by signing a Lemar or VVD, just to give us that boost down the stretch.

I think we'll win a trophy and give the league a good go. We'll play some wonderful football along the way and the odd meltdown ala Bournemouth may still happen. It wont be boring though, that I can promise you.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #103 on: September 1, 2017, 04:59:15 pm »
No expectations. Just going to enjoy the ride and see what happens.

Sorry, bit dull I know but that's it.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #104 on: September 1, 2017, 05:01:55 pm »
League 4th or 5th, no lower or higher.

FA Cup - quarters

CL - quarters

League Cup - if we get past Leicester, we'll get to the semis at least.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #105 on: September 1, 2017, 05:06:39 pm »
5th

1 cup

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #106 on: September 1, 2017, 05:07:40 pm »
League 4th or 5th, no lower or higher.

FA Cup - quarters

CL - quarters

League Cup - if we get past Leicester, we'll get to the semis at least.
That's even duller than mine! :) ;)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #107 on: September 1, 2017, 05:14:25 pm »
League - 1st
League Cup - Win
FA Cup - Win
CL - Win
FP League - 1st
Most manager of the month award wins
Most player of the month award wins
Manager of the season award
Player of the season award
Young player of the season award
Pessimistic? I reckon we have a shot at best pasties, most goals of the month awards. Best attendance figures. Best mascots and best grass.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 1, 2017, 05:17:01 pm »

They aren't whining mate. They're just giving their opinion. If they don't think we can win the league because of our defence, fair enough. I don't think we can do it this season either, but I'd obviously love to be proved wrong.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 1, 2017, 05:18:47 pm »
Improvement on last season.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 1, 2017, 05:21:42 pm »
3rd in the league and number 6.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 1, 2017, 05:24:45 pm »
3rd.

Please win a trophy.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 1, 2017, 09:47:17 pm »
If we invested in our priority position I'd say a challenge for the title. Now, I think a challenge for 3rd

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 1, 2017, 10:02:19 pm »
I think 4th. But I'd take that. 2 years in forth means that we're looking like a more solid CL team, makes us a more attractive option to better players, then we push on.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #114 on: September 1, 2017, 10:04:20 pm »
So proud of the club for keeping our best player in the midst of such an incredible pressure to let Phil go. Thanks John.

Now let's win the fucking league! It's been way too long, it's time.

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #115 on: September 1, 2017, 10:16:47 pm »
League - finish 3rd or 4th.

League cup - probably sack it off by playing a weaker team, furthest I see it with a 2nd team is quarter finals.

Champions league - Quarter finals.

FA cup - winners

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #116 on: September 1, 2017, 10:30:25 pm »
Did you see the Watford game ???
Yes, and the other eight. Watford was one mistake, one phase of play where everyone lost their cool and some bad luck and an offside goal.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #117 on: September 1, 2017, 10:37:47 pm »
Top 4
Quarter finals of CL
Possibly FA Cup winners
I think the youngsters will contest the League Cup

I think we could have have been contenders for the title but we haven't strengthened defensively and we will still have one to many games like Watford.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #118 on: September 1, 2017, 10:39:17 pm »
Seen a few shouts of us getting to the Champions League final and losing it.

I don't think my heart could take it. Besides, third time lucky for Klopp...

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 1, 2017, 10:39:59 pm »
Matip stays fit then sign a good CB in Jan then 2nd/3rd

Matip out early on but sign a good CB in Jan 4th

Matip out a long time with no one coming in 6th

Matip and Dijk (if we got him) stayed fit all season 1st
Why do you keep calling him Dijk? His name is Van Dijk  ;D