Author Topic: Loan Watch 2017-18  (Read 102078 times)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2017-18
« Reply #80 on: February 2, 2018, 08:23:47 pm »
Kent playing tonight? Is he pushing his way in to Bristol team?

Free to watch on skys new channel, sky sports mix

I've just put it on myself to see how Kent gets on

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 2, 2018, 09:00:14 pm »
Bristol bypassing the midfield a lot, Kent not really getting much chance to get on the ball in the first half

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 2, 2018, 09:55:32 pm »
Finished 1-0 to Bolton, Great goal from Sammy Ameobi the difference

Bristol played better in the second half but didn't create enough clear cut chances. A lot of possession but not enough in the way of chances. I really like Kent, shows for the ball a lot, strong, skillful and seems to enjoy pressing to win the ball back

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 3, 2018, 02:56:59 pm »
Sturridge, Ejaria and Grujic all starting in the 3pm games, Wilson on bench

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 3, 2018, 03:00:04 pm »
divock taking a note out of michy's book.

just opened the scoring with wolfsburg. Thought he was anonymous so far and suddenly he came up with a long range rocket which we all know he had it in him

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #85 on: February 3, 2018, 04:16:59 pm »
divock taking a note out of michy's book.

just opened the scoring with wolfsburg. Thought he was anonymous so far and suddenly he came up with a long range rocket which we all know he had it in him
Did he cut in from the left and hit a curler from the edge of the area with his right?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 3, 2018, 08:44:56 pm »
Did he cut in from the left and hit a curler from the edge of the area with his right?

https://twitter.com/Wolfsburg__UK/status/959809883272044549

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 3, 2018, 09:28:55 pm »
Lovely goal from Origi

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #89 on: February 3, 2018, 11:34:43 pm »

https://twitter.com/Wolfsburg__UK/status/959809883272044549
Exactly as I predicted!

He’s only scored 4 this season so far though...  that’s a poor return...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 4, 2018, 12:43:21 am »
Exactly as I predicted!

He’s only scored 4 this season so far though...  that’s a poor return...
Aye, it's not great. Wolfsburg aren't very good though, and I think he's been shoved out wide a fair bit too, as well as up front. Still, you'd hope for better. I've always rated him a bit and hope there's a future for him here, but he needs to start showing a bit more. Anyone know if he's going to be playing more as a striker now seeing as Gomez has gone?

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #91 on: February 4, 2018, 01:47:57 am »
Sturridge, Ejaria and Grujic all starting in the 3pm games, Wilson on bench

Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy told BBC Radio Suffolk:

"I had to change it tactically on the hoof really - their number 53 (Ovie Ejaria) was having a field day and I had to put Cole Skuse on him.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #92 on: February 4, 2018, 09:47:34 am »
Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy told BBC Radio Suffolk:

"I had to change it tactically on the hoof really - their number 53 (Ovie Ejaria) was having a field day and I had to put Cole Skuse on him.

lol love it :D did anyone see the game or highlights?

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #93 on: February 4, 2018, 11:07:30 am »

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #94 on: February 4, 2018, 11:19:16 am »
Grujic started and played 82 minutes of 4-1 win away at Leeds. Anyone happen to see this game?

Harry Wilson got the last 20 minutes for Hull who were beaten 2-1 away at Preston.

I genuinely think both of these players could be good squad players next year so really interested to see how they perform over the next few months.

Cardiff are comfortably in the play off position and should be looking towards 2nd. Hull in really trouble and are in the relegation places. Harry to the rescue?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 4, 2018, 11:31:44 am »
Grujic was lucky not to be sent off.. He should channel his aggression a bit in positive way..

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #96 on: February 4, 2018, 11:41:47 am »
Grujic was lucky not to be sent off.. He should channel his aggression a bit in positive way..

didn't see it but i'm glad he has a bit of needle to his game.

was he playing as a 6 again?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #97 on: February 4, 2018, 11:42:36 am »

He's not heading down the Shelvey path, is he?

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 4, 2018, 11:47:07 am »
Compilation of Grujic's tackling vs Leeds ;D https://twitter.com/John_MooreMOT/status/959830658423156736

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 4, 2018, 11:49:30 am »
In my opinion the purpose of Grujic's loan is to raise his value, rather than to develop him for our team. Could be wrong but I don't think his skillset matches up to what we need in that area of the pitch at all.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #100 on: February 4, 2018, 11:50:40 am »
Compilation of Grujic's tackling vs Leeds ;D https://twitter.com/John_MooreMOT/status/959830658423156736

Haha that third one, what is he even trying to do.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #101 on: February 4, 2018, 12:14:23 pm »

Impress Colin?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #102 on: February 4, 2018, 12:22:23 pm »
In my opinion the purpose of Grujic's loan is to raise his value, rather than to develop him for our team. Could be wrong but I don't think his skillset matches up to what we need in that area of the pitch at all.

he's definitely got work to do if he's going to stick around but the boss does talk him up a lot which he's not doing with ejaria.

he moved him back down from AM to the 6 role for the under 23s and he had been playing there on loan.

has the skill set for a klopp 6 ie he can also get forward and comfortable on the ball with the bonus of being very tall.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #103 on: February 4, 2018, 12:23:13 pm »

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 4, 2018, 01:20:15 pm »
"No ref, I was running with the ball, then had to leap over his sliding tackle, which explains how his body ended up in that position underneath me, right?"
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 4, 2018, 01:21:43 pm »
MoTD had a brief montage of Sturridge's contributions outside of the normal highlights, looked decent - linked up play nicely, some clever through balls and general movement that might be lost in a side battling relegation.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #106 on: February 4, 2018, 02:00:09 pm »
MoTD had a brief montage of Sturridge's contributions outside of the normal highlights, looked decent - linked up play nicely, some clever through balls and general movement that might be lost in a side battling relegation.

Might have to get used to that, pretty much every report I read went to pains to say how hard he worked, how much he pressed, how fit and dangerous he looked. And then through even the briefest highlights on MOTD he sort of looked....ok? Half decent.

The press like to build a bit of negativity towards Liverpool. So with an English player being loaned to a good traditional English manager by a nasty German who doesn't think he can play his pressing system. Yeah, I'd probably try and watch extended highlights if you want an accurate reflection of how he's actually doing.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 4, 2018, 02:08:18 pm »
Might have to get used to that, pretty much every report I read went to pains to say how hard he worked, how much he pressed, how fit and dangerous he looked. And then through even the briefest highlights on MOTD he sort of looked....ok? Half decent.

The press like to build a bit of negativity towards Liverpool. So with an English player being loaned to a good traditional English manager by a nasty German who doesn't think he can play his pressing system. Yeah, I'd probably try and watch extended highlights if you want an accurate reflection of how he's actually doing.
Or I could see some clips of him linking up okay in a shit team and think 'good luck Sturridge' without trying to make any political point about our manager :).

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #108 on: February 4, 2018, 02:13:11 pm »
Or I could see some clips of him linking up okay in a shit team and think 'good luck Sturridge' without trying to make any political point about our manager :).

Well yeah I hope he smashes it, one of my favourite players and its always nice to have someone on loan who might end up scoring an important goal against a rival.

But it was pretty annoying to see a pretty clear agenda at play in the media with him. I saw the extended highlights and Southampton absolutely dominated them, all over the pitch.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 4, 2018, 02:41:17 pm »
Well yeah I hope he smashes it, one of my favourite players and its always nice to have someone on loan who might end up scoring an important goal against a rival.

But it was pretty annoying to see a pretty clear agenda at play in the media with him. I saw the extended highlights and Southampton absolutely dominated them, all over the pitch.
I've not seen any anti-Klopp agenda on MoTD (when I watch it, which isn't every week). The only 'angle' on that montage was Shearer suggesting that while Sturridge's quality has never been in doubt, his mental toughness has and that it's entirely up to him as to whether he gets on the pitch regularly enough for West Brom.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 4, 2018, 03:18:32 pm »
Grujic started and played 82 minutes of 4-1 win away at Leeds. Anyone happen to see this game?
Marko Grujic
The Serbian has featured in every game for the Bluebirds since moving to South Wales on loan from Liverpool in mid-January.

And after a fairly inconspicuous start at Elland Road, Grujic really started to dominate the centre of the park in the win against Leeds, providing the platform for Cardiff to run riot in the opening half.

He brought a much-needed link between defence and attack while - while perhaps not always legally - added a robustness to Cardiff's midfield.

Grujic found the going tougher after the restart as Leeds rallied despite being down to 10 men following Gaetano Berardi's dismissal on the brink of half time.

And there were a few heart in mouth moments for the Cardiff faithful and those in the away dugout as the second half wore on as Grujic lunged into challenges, and he was finally cautioned by referee Graham Scott for a sloppy foul on Leeds substitute Stuart Dallas.

It prompted Warnock into making an immediate change, with the Yorkshireman sending on Greg Halford in place of the Liverpool loanee for the final 10 minutes of the game.

But while his display was somewhat erratic at times, make no mistake, this was a much improved display from the midfielder who appears to be growing in confidence with every game that passes by.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-signings-leeds-united-14242918

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #111 on: February 5, 2018, 11:09:29 am »

That third tackle was definitely a UFC move.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #112 on: February 5, 2018, 02:28:04 pm »
more on grujic in today's echo and he's definitely playing as a 6.

Wales Online gave him a 7/10 rating, writing that he: "Offered a composed meance in front of the back four that Leeds couldn’t shake off. Improving with minutes and more up to pace with things, though needs to watch discipline.

"Gave the feeling he could have a big say in Cardiff’s fortunes between now and May."

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 5, 2018, 07:38:59 pm »
Marko Grujic - Cardiff - Started as they beat Leeds 4-1. Reviews of his performance and quality tackling are above.
Divock Origi - Wolfsburg - Played 90 minutes and scored a nice goal from range in a 1-1 draw with Stuttgart, video of the goal is above.
Daniel Sturridge - West Brom - Made his first start in a 3-2 loss at home to Southampton, played 62 minutes. Reviews of his performance higher up.
Pedro Chirivella - Willem II - Started both their games over recent days (1W 1D), deep in a relegation battle. Also only just noticed that Gini's younger brother plays for the same side.
Connor Randall - Hearts - Played the first half in a 1-0 win over St Johnstone. Hearts have kept 11 clean sheets in their last 15 games so looking like this will be a nice side for him to develop in.
Taiwo Awoniyi - Royal Excel Mouscron - Came on in the 58th minute of a 1-0 loss to Genk.
Sheyi Ojo - Fulham - Still out injured. One thing to look out for now is Fulham have 6 players in on loan (Ojo, Mitrovic, Piazon, Kalas, Norwood, Targett) and can only include 5 in a match day squad
Allan - Apollon Limassol - Their 21 game unbeaten league run came to an end at home to top of the table APOEL :( From stats alone it looks like they massively outplayed APOEL. Alan played 81 minutes.
Naby Keita - RBL - Played the full game and assisted a late winner for Everton's Lookman.
Corey Whelan - Yeovil - An unused sub in their 2 games over recent days, 2 wins for Yeovil which has dragged them up and given them some breathing space from the relegation spots.
Matthew Virtue - Notts County - Not in the matchday squad, got a red for a second yellow a couple of games ago but was starting before that.
Ryan Kent - Bristol City - Played the full game in a disappointing 1-0 loss at Bolton.
Harry Wilson - Hull - Played the final 20 minutes in a 2-1 defeat at Preston.
Ovie Ejaria - Sunderland - Played the full game as Sunderland lost (again), but seemed to be their best player going from McCarthy's comments (posted earlier in thread).
Jon Flanagan - Bolton - Unused sub in the 1-0 win vs Bristol City.
Markovic - Anderlecht - Not in matchday squad. Anderlecht's manager says it will take a month or so until he's fit enough to play.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 5, 2018, 09:11:36 pm »
Marko Grujic - Cardiff - Started as they beat Leeds 4-1. Reviews of his performance and quality tackling are above.
Divock Origi - Wolfsburg - Played 90 minutes and scored a nice goal from range in a 1-1 draw with Stuttgart, video of the goal is above.
Daniel Sturridge - West Brom - Made his first start in a 3-2 loss at home to Southampton, played 62 minutes. Reviews of his performance higher up.
Pedro Chirivella - Willem II - Started both their games over recent days (1W 1D), deep in a relegation battle. Also only just noticed that Gini's younger brother plays for the same side.
Connor Randall - Hearts - Played the first half in a 1-0 win over St Johnstone. Hearts have kept 11 clean sheets in their last 15 games so looking like this will be a nice side for him to develop in.
Taiwo Awoniyi - Royal Excel Mouscron - Came on in the 58th minute of a 1-0 loss to Genk.
Sheyi Ojo - Fulham - Still out injured. One thing to look out for now is Fulham have 6 players in on loan (Ojo, Mitrovic, Piazon, Kalas, Norwood, Targett) and can only include 5 in a match day squad
Allan - Apollon Limassol - Their 21 game unbeaten league run came to an end at home to top of the table APOEL :( From stats alone it looks like they massively outplayed APOEL. Alan played 81 minutes.
Naby Keita - RBL - Played the full game and assisted a late winner for Everton's Lookman.
Corey Whelan - Yeovil - An unused sub in their 2 games over recent days, 2 wins for Yeovil which has dragged them up and given them some breathing space from the relegation spots.
Matthew Virtue - Notts County - Not in the matchday squad, got a red for a second yellow a couple of games ago but was starting before that.
Ryan Kent - Bristol City - Played the full game in a disappointing 1-0 loss at Bolton.
Harry Wilson - Hull - Played the final 20 minutes in a 2-1 defeat at Preston.
Ovie Ejaria - Sunderland - Played the full game as Sunderland lost (again), but seemed to be their best player going from McCarthy's comments (posted earlier in thread).
Jon Flanagan - Bolton - Unused sub in the 1-0 win vs Bristol City.
Markovic - Anderlecht - Not in matchday squad. Anderlecht's manager says it will take a month or so until he's fit enough to play.

Nice update mate,thank you!

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 6, 2018, 01:33:41 pm »
It seems we have another player to add to the loan list. 

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/289939-reds-complete-signing-of-anderson-arroyo

Reds complete signing of Anderson Arroyo
Chris Shaw
@shawct
Liverpool FC can now confirm the completion of the signing of defender Anderson Arroyo, who has immediately moved to Real Mallorca on an 18-month loan deal.

The 18-year-old – a Colombia U20 international – has joined the Reds from Fortaleza CEIF in his home country, for whom he made 22 appearances during the past three seasons, after a deal was reached during the January transfer window.

Arroyo has departed for a temporary spell in Spain, where he will spend the remainder of this campaign and the whole of the next with Segunda B leaders Mallorca.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 6, 2018, 05:34:22 pm »
Apologies if this been answered, when does Ejaria's current contract end?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 6, 2018, 07:13:32 pm »
Virtue starts for Notts County tonight against Swansea.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #118 on: February 6, 2018, 10:01:24 pm »
Virtue starts for Notts County tonight against Swansea.

Awful result but I’ve seen many say he played pretty well

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 6, 2018, 11:10:25 pm »
Corey Whelan scored in Yeovil's 3-2 win in the checkatrade 1/4 final
Nah.