Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1367956 times)

Offline careca

• Kopite
  • "Shanks - Considered wisdom"
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2017, 08:43:10 pm »
Well done Trent excellent debut
Keeping the faith

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2017, 08:43:37 pm »
Why is it embarrassing? Have you been to a game before and been in the heat of the moment? I was screaming at everyone at some point today just like any other invested fan.  ;)

but you weren't at the game? and you said you were on his case all game. each to their own, but i don't get pissed off with 18 year old debutants during good performances.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2017, 08:51:01 pm »
but you weren't at the game? and you said you were on his case all game. each to their own, but i don't get pissed off with 18 year old debutants during good performances.

I didn't say I was. I was saying if youve been in a stadium fans get pissy and sweary at their own players all over the place.

And I didn't say I was on his case? I was screaming and swearing at him (and all our players) to be more aware of what was going on around them, in an intense match throughout the 90. Nothing personal regardless of his age.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2017, 08:52:18 pm »
bravo lad

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2017, 08:53:36 pm »
A few more games and he will be a genuine understudy to Clyne.

Well done Trent.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2017, 08:54:30 pm »
Not many will have a debut that good  ;)

The stuff of folklore.

I think he actually got subbed at half time (or early in the 2nd half) as he was so knackered. Incredible leap from Division 4 to snuffing out Ryan Giggs though.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2017, 08:54:37 pm »
Had some difficulites early on, but all in all a solid game for the teenager. Could have the right-back position sorted for at least half a decade with him and Clyne.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2017, 09:39:49 pm »
A good solid performance in a very difficult game. Will learn from this.
#JFT97

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 15, 2017, 09:57:17 pm »
Yeah he looked good at times today. Difficult game to be thrown into, even if he's made a few senior appearances this season. Definitely one for the future though.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2017, 10:20:19 pm »
The modern day Rob Jones.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2017, 10:21:27 pm »
Did a great job considering the circumstances,  old Trafford for a match against us is toxic, hell of a place to make a debut.
No time for caution.

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2017, 10:24:46 pm »
Outstanding performance under the circumstances.
Ignore him now and let him develop
I dream of a team of Daniel Aggers!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2017, 10:42:07 pm »
The modern day Rob Jones.
Oh that's unfair on both of them...

Jones' debut against them was incredible...., but he'd had first team experience before at crew (lower league I know) so somewhat different.

Hopefully he's the next Trent Alexander Arnold....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2017, 10:46:07 pm »
Am I the only one that thought he was pretty terrible? I don't really mind, he's only 18 after all and he's got a lot of learning to do, but I'm quite shocked everyone is saying he had a phenomenal game.

I can't wait to see more of him, and hope he becomes great of course. Just thought today he was out of his depth.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2017, 10:47:47 pm »
Am I the only one that thought he was pretty terrible? I don't really mind, he's only 18 after all and he's got a lot of learning to do, but I'm quite shocked everyone is saying he had a phenomenal game.

I can't wait to see more of him, and hope he becomes great of course. Just thought today he was out of his depth.

I think that consensus here is that he had a decent game, in a vacuum, which translates to a pretty good game given the circumstances.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2017, 10:48:48 pm »
Everyone saying he was phenomenal?! Has one person even said that?  ;D

Think most are just saying he started a bit shakey then was good which for an 18 year old is boss. His man got subbed as well after getting nothing out of him from 15mins onwards.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2017, 10:49:00 pm »
Jones' debut against them was incredible...., but he'd had first team experience before at crew (lower league I know) so somewhat different.

Remember it well, had giggs in his back pocket, nullified the threat, he had first team experience with crewe so wasn't completely wet behind the ears.  Disappointing that it wasn't a major injury crisis that forced our hand today, it's just that we've no experienced full back options, after an unconvincing start trent adapted and looked much better in the second half, and played a lovely through ball to phil.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2017, 10:50:32 pm »
Terence Trent Darby, was ace today. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2017, 10:52:17 pm »
Everyone saying he was phenomenal?! Has one person even said that?  ;D

Think most are just saying he started a bit shakey then was good which for an 18 year old is boss. His man got subbed as well after getting nothing out of him from 15mins onwards.

Yeah I could have chosen a different word ;D on this page alone there is "excellent" "solid" "great" "outstanding".

I think he will be all of the above against Plymouth and Wolves, I just felt today he was a weak link and was confused why all the platitudes.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2017, 10:56:53 pm »

Phenomenal - thought that was a Bobby Clown Shoes phase. :)

TAA had a decent game in a very difficult arena and should set him up well for Champions League games next season.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2017, 11:05:52 pm »
Thought Martial got the better of him at almost every opportunity. Thought he got caught in possession a few times and looked like he really was surprised about how quick the game was. I know he's only 18 but he looked quite out of his depth. He's a decent player and I'm sure he'll be a better player in the future but he wasn't ready.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2017, 11:28:31 pm »
He had one special pass  for Coutinho, got beat every time by Martial, but Marital is on of the most skillful players out there.. Has a way to go in terms of his physique and athleticism, but his footballing ability is very good.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2017, 11:42:02 pm »
Did a great job considering the circumstances,  old Trafford for a match against us is toxic, hell of a place to make a debut.

yep and a scouse lad so the insults etc more offensive. every other fixture in the league is better for a debut. massive experience

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2017, 11:48:11 pm »
Really tough game to be thrown into, looked a bit shakey at times but overall did very well given the circumstances. Well played lad, well played
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2017, 11:49:16 pm »
Thought Martial got the better of him at almost every opportunity. Thought he got caught in possession a few times and looked like he really was surprised about how quick the game was. I know he's only 18 but he looked quite out of his depth. He's a decent player and I'm sure he'll be a better player in the future but he wasn't ready.

Complete hiding to nothing though - name the 18 year old defenders that have made their league debut at old trafford and looked like world beaters
If he's our first choice back up for right back it's on the club and management for not getting him more experience earlier in the season. No reason he couldn't have more minutes in the league by now.

Defensively he didn't look great but on the ball he was good and showed a lot of character given the circumstances - he also didn't hide despite a rocky start. He's going to be a player for us - possibly not a defender time will tell

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2017, 11:55:33 pm »
What a huge boost to the lad though that Jürgen Klopp has so much confidence in him that he starts him at one of the toughest aways of the season.

He could have shifted Milner over and played Moreno, but nope, he puts in the 18 year old kid  8)  Doesn't surprise me like, obvious he's had the thought this lad has got it in him, since the start of the season when he let Flannagan go on loan.

I thought he was fine apart from a couple nervy moments, where he got caught, but that's not surpising.

Loved his first touch when he bought the ball down first half and had a shot, and didn't he make one heck of a great pass late 2nd half?

He's got talent that kid.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2017, 12:16:15 am »
Every time he's played for the first team, the lad hasn't put in a foot wrong.

Wasn't worried that he was drafted in to play today instead of Clyne, always had confidence in him to do an admirable job filling in.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:30:30 am by Greatness »

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2017, 12:27:56 am »

If Martial was destroying him why was he dragged off after 60 minutes? He had the better of him for the first 20 minutes, after that Trent grew into the game. There was plenty of situations where Trent did really well against him, in particular getting close to him quickly when he received it and not letting him get turned.

Trent was ready and is ready, wasn't out of his depth at all, he had a nervous first 20, but showed up strong in the game afterwards.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2017, 12:56:40 am »
Looked inexperienced.  Probably because he's inexperienced. That said any mistakes he made didn't get to him and he kept the head up and kept looking for the ball. This game was the epitome of being thrown in at the deep end.  There's a player there in a few seasons hopefully.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2017, 01:19:53 am »
He did well. Must have been terrifying coming in at short notice today, given the size of the fixture. Martial gave Clyne a torrid time last season in the Europa League away so it's not exactly surprising TAA had a difficult opening 20 or so minutes while getting to grips with the game. His man being hooked is a testament to how well he grew into the match.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2017, 02:43:35 am »
He is heir apparent to Clyne ... that's definite. He did fine at OT all things considered. Far from perfect but cool for an 18 year old making his first start at our biggest rival backyard
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2017, 02:59:48 am »
You can pick faults with a few things but I was pleased for him. It's got to be a huge boost for him that Klopp put him in the team for that match. Thought the senior players played their part in trying to make sure he had support too.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2017, 03:21:18 am »
Really encouraging the confidence Jurgen has in these young lads, can't remember a Liverpool manager for a long time that put so much faith in so many of them, to be fair to Brendy he did, but Jurgen has been doing it his whole management career.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2017, 03:58:53 am »
If Martial was destroying him why was he dragged off after 60 minutes? He had the better of him for the first 20 minutes, after that Trent grew into the game. There was plenty of situations where Trent did really well against him, in particular getting close to him quickly when he received it and not letting him get turned.

Trent was ready and is ready, wasn't out of his depth at all, he had a nervous first 20, but showed up strong in the game afterwards.

Exactly. For the first 20-30 minutes, even the first half, Martial was getting success against Trent in 1v1s and I cannot lie, I was concerned. But he adjusted brilliantly in the second half in particular and once Rooney came on, he was coasting pretty much.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2017, 05:02:04 am »
Every time he's played for the first team, the lad hasn't put in a foot wrong.

Wasn't worried that he was drafted in to play today instead of Clyne, always had confidence in him to do an admirable job filling in.

True in most instance but there was a lapse in the 54th min (i think) where he tried to dribble Martial and lost the ball. The next moment, we were 3 on 3. Martial sprinted down the left and laid it off to the right. That almost resulted in a goal. Alot of these will need match experience to get it right.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2017, 05:24:48 am »
Made up for the young lad.  Got thrown in the deep end and held his own.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2017, 05:41:06 am »
We’re in a good position with Trent. He’s good enough and young enough that we don’t really need to send him out on loan, and can give him plenty of experience in cup games to develop his game.

The risk is that, as the first choice RB, a serious injury to Clyne would put a lot of pressure on him to deliver too much too early. As we’ve seen time and again, single-match excellence at the top level is sometimes difficult to sustain for extended periods for very young players.

I’m happy to take that risk though.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2017, 08:35:47 am »
Had some difficulites early on, but all in all a solid game for the teenager. Could have the right-back position sorted for at least half a decade with him and Clyne.

But if he continues to develop like this, then how log before he feels he needs regular 1st team football?? And how long before he or his agent start making noises and other teams start sniffing around??

From the looks of it, Clyne is here to stay provided he doesn't get a bad injury or suffers a catastrophic loss of form.
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2017, 08:48:26 am »
But if he continues to develop like this, then how log before he feels he needs regular 1st team football?? And how long before he or his agent start making noises and other teams start sniffing around??

From the looks of it, Clyne is here to stay provided he doesn't get a bad injury or suffers a catastrophic loss of form.
1. We are probably back in Europe next season and TAA should get plenty of games the next couple of years.
2. Clyne is 26 by April. So after a couple of seasons he will be in his late 20s and that might cause a periof of a couple of seasons where TAA and Clyne compete for the role and their differing attributes might make them suited to different games.
3. TAA is versatile and may be used as depth in other positions too.
4. The world's best teams have these dilemmas.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2017, 08:52:56 am »
Given the circumstances and the occasion he did ok.

Not going to get too excited yet as I've only see potential like others - Ejaria, Ibe, Ojo etc and I've yet to see any suggestion these players are or were going to be regular first team players.