Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 91846 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #120 on: July 3, 2016, 12:31:37 pm »
With the best will in the world, Mario isn't a player who is going to press.

That's not a criticism, it a statement of fact.  It's not party of his game.

It would be neither right nor fair to ask him to do that, as we've seen before that he can't.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 3, 2016, 12:40:02 pm »

It would be neither right nor fair to ask him to do that, as we've seen before that he can't.

I don't think that's necessarily true, we were less of a pressing team under Rodgers and more a team of players who liked to press if that makes sense.

I don't hold out any hope for him really but it'll be interesting to see if Klopp tries to get something out of him. Sturridge and Origi will be away for a few weeks so we could see a bit of him in preseason.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: July 3, 2016, 12:48:38 pm »

How is it not fair for a manager to ask one of his players when we haven't got the ball to either close the ball/man down or close areas of space and learn the concept of pressing.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #123 on: July 3, 2016, 12:48:58 pm »

He can. He chooses not to.

Sorry but this 'he can't press' thing is ridiculous. If a genius like Luis Suarez can press then what excuse does Mario have other than he can't be arsed? 
Believe

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 3, 2016, 12:50:56 pm »
He can. He chooses not to.

Sorry but this 'he can't press' thing is ridiculous. If a genius like Luis Suarez can press then what excuse does Mario have other than he can't be arsed? 
I'm not really sure whether it matters.  Can't or won't? Doesn't is all that matters.

You are of course wrong that all players can press.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #125 on: July 3, 2016, 12:56:43 pm »
I'm not really sure whether it matters.  Can't or won't? Doesn't is all that matters.

Stop being so insultingly arrogant and condescending. Really no need for it.

Believe

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #126 on: July 3, 2016, 01:00:26 pm »
The guy's a malcontent and hopefully China beckons.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 3, 2016, 01:06:09 pm »
The guy's a malcontent and hopefully China beckons.

China isn't the MLS, they seem to be spending big on decent players not just throwing money at garbage. It seems like Turkey isn't interested either judging by what his agent has said and it's gonna be difficult offloading an ego like his to a lower team.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 3, 2016, 01:07:22 pm »

The same as sturridge then?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 3, 2016, 01:08:02 pm »
Stop being so insultingly arrogant and condescending. Really no need for it.

?

Grow up.
W

Offline Kop 81

• Spineless.
  • Kopite
  • We've got KLOPP!
« Reply #130 on: July 3, 2016, 01:09:27 pm »
Klopp won't take his shit.

Exactly my thinking.  Jurgen demands 100% from every single player.  We're lucky is Mario gives 50% half the time.

I just don't see a future for him here, not a chance.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 3, 2016, 01:09:50 pm »

Hang on, pressing requires fitness and knowledge of when and where to go. How is it beyond anyone to do?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 3, 2016, 01:14:17 pm »
Hang on, pressing requires fitness and knowledge of when and where to go. How is it beyond anyone to do?
It also requires a certain characteristic of physical attributes.

Some players can learn these, but some players just don't have it in they'd make up.

It's about a player being right for the system. Balotelli isn't and never will be.
W

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 3, 2016, 01:19:57 pm »
Would I like this guy getting game time infront of ings, Origi in fact any of our squad,  absolutely not.  He has made it clear he didn't want to return or play for us again (not sure he ever played for us) .
Suprise  Suprise Milan sent him packing and he's returned with his tail between his legs. Personally I wouldn't waste one second on him that could be spent with more deserving players.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 3, 2016, 01:24:26 pm »
Would be lucky to get on the bench in the capital cup.

Absolute waster, no idea why anyone would even contemplate keeping him around.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: July 3, 2016, 01:35:01 pm »

Some players can learn these, but some players just don't have it in they'd make up.

It's about a player being right for the system. Balotelli isn't and never will be.

It comes down to effort mate you either willing or your not. Everyone can do it, it just may not beable to do it quick enough. Say Lambert, could have all the knowledge and be willing but unable to cover the required ground which is fair enough but Balotelli when fit should not have that problem he's got the athletism.

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 3, 2016, 01:36:02 pm »
Anybody think Klopp thinking he can get the best out of Mario ?

Klopp is a great manager but he isn't a magician :-)
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: July 3, 2016, 02:20:12 pm »
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice...
You can't get fooled again.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 3, 2016, 02:33:28 pm »

He pressed a hell of a lot more under Rodgers then Sturridge did.  Of course he's never going to be a player like Suarez who will practically kill himself trying to get the ball back but I think he's got the ability to do a decent pressing job in him. 

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #139 on: July 3, 2016, 02:36:32 pm »
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: July 3, 2016, 02:40:25 pm »
Welcome him back give him the respect any LFC player deserves, lets see how it pans out.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: July 3, 2016, 02:42:50 pm »

Being a right fit for the system is different to being able/able to learn how to press. It's ridiculous thinking a decent footballer like Balotelli can't learn how to. Won't is another thing, but you didn't say that.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: July 3, 2016, 02:43:57 pm »
He pressed a hell of a lot more under Rodgers then Sturridge did.  Of course he's never going to be a player like Suarez who will practically kill himself trying to get the ball back but I think he's got the ability to do a decent pressing job in him.

Daniel does that 'scoring goals' things though.
Always helps when you're a striker.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #143 on: July 3, 2016, 02:45:18 pm »
The hope will be that we can get him out the door as quickly and quietly as possible. More likely it rumbles on as he is so overpaid and has such a shit attitude.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 3, 2016, 02:45:42 pm »
A mate of mine has an interesting idea: "If you could transplant Kuyt's brain and mentality into Balotelli, you would have the best player in the Premier League, and one of the top 5 players in the world"  ;D

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #145 on: July 3, 2016, 02:49:13 pm »
The lad certainly has a sense of humour anyway.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 3, 2016, 02:59:42 pm »
 I still like him, and I don't care what any of you say!  :wave

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 3, 2016, 03:05:58 pm »
It depresses me he's even back for pre season training.

He's nowhere near good enough and proved it last time he was here. He's come back bashing Rogers, and it'll all turn into the Mario show again.

Wrong player, wrong attitude.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 3, 2016, 03:09:45 pm »
He's got zero chance with Klopp and I'm very OK with that and anyone saying differently is fooling themselves. This is going to be the toughest pre-season for probably every player on our squad, and every player on our squad gives a shit, unlike Mario. Klopp will see right through the words Mario said in that recent paper and will be out the door by the end of August.  :wave
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline MarioLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #149 on: July 3, 2016, 03:13:57 pm »
Sorry but me personally I think klopp could work with him. A lot better than benteke.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 3, 2016, 03:17:49 pm »
I love how blind people are to him, it's some Jedi mind tricks.

He scored one goal in a season for us. One goal playing up front for Liverpool Footbal Club, and he's 'alot' better than poor Benteke (please ban me mods, I am not worthy to post in this forum ) !!

I'm beginning to worry people think Jurgen is Paul Daniels rather than a football manager.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #151 on: July 3, 2016, 03:24:11 pm »
Mario is my favourite celebrity at LFC

But as a football signing? His time was up a couple months after he signed.

Benteke gets flak for not moving, not pressing... Mario seems to be a scarecrow, yet the limelight softens some to him. Including me.

But a full season with Klopp is not the time to fuck about... Mario, if he stays, either brings it on day one or he's out. I wouldn't select him above any other striker in the senior side.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 3, 2016, 03:30:52 pm »
He doesn't have enough desire to become better, evolve as a player, progress his talent, because of his carelessness he's never going to achieve anything more than what he already has. He hasn't improved in about 5 years. He never will.

Hope there is a suitable club somewhere for him

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: July 3, 2016, 04:46:09 pm »
I have this feeling he will hit an early season purple patch, get all egotistical, spat with Jurgen, gets benched, then loaned out mid season.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #154 on: July 3, 2016, 04:49:19 pm »
I have this feeling he will hit an early season purple patch, get all egotistical, spat with Jurgen, gets benched, then loaned out mid season.
Who is he going to displace in the team at the start of the season?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: July 3, 2016, 05:23:28 pm »
A mate of mine has an interesting idea: "If you could transplant Kuyt's brain and mentality into Balotelli, you would have the best player in the Premier League, and one of the top 5 players in the world"  ;D

If you could put Dirk's mentality into any player, you would instantly improve them.

Point is, his mentality is rare.  Easy to say everyone should  try as hard.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #156 on: July 3, 2016, 06:03:06 pm »
Can i get whatever Mario's been Smoking Ballon D'or more like just a massive balloon.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 3, 2016, 06:14:23 pm »
Can i get whatever Mario's been Smoking Ballon D'or more like just a massive balloon.
Certainly has a very HIGH opinion of himself.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #158 on: July 3, 2016, 06:25:41 pm »

There's basically no place in football for someone who doesn't press.
Even Barca press. An asian team might be a place for him.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: July 3, 2016, 06:50:48 pm »
There isn't enough lipstick in the world to make this pig attractive.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.