Author Topic: The Nathaniel Clyne Experience  (Read 213345 times)

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Nathaniel Clyne Experience
« Reply #80 on: November 1, 2015, 09:28:04 am »
Just had a look. 15 starts subbed twice.

That's a lot of football.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 1, 2015, 09:29:23 am »
Moreno is an odd player. His lack of any defensive responsibility for the goal was criminal. But after that there was a couple of occasions when Chelsea were countering us and Moreno was +20-yards behind the player but he used his pace to get back and make a vital tackle or toe poke.

It does seem that Clyne and Moreno are very different full-backs. Clyne is far more attentive and disciplined in his defensive work.

Nothing odd, we just signed one of the few Spanish players lacking in the head, more of an athlete, reliant on his reactions, which rely on his physicality. There's a lot of work to do on him if we're to have a solid left side, but meanwhile he provides a good outlet with the ball, can make that highlight reel situation saving tackles. To be fair a lot of the more attacking left backs took time to become a strong presence defensively; Moreno has that time, and more importantly a coach who may finally start improving Liverpool players defensively.

Maybe he'll go on to be first choice, or we sign a more suited leftback, in which case we are left with an excellent squad player. Steep price for a squaddie, but we can afford it, hey ho.

Offline McAlvis

• Main Stander
  • We all Love a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #82 on: November 1, 2015, 09:55:12 am »
Coutinho was always going to get man of the match with his goals but I thought Clyne was the best player on the pitch yesterday. Defensively superb, covered a lot of ground and showed himself for the ball, calm in possession, and for the most part kept the Chelsea left flank quiet (Oscar, Hazard and Kenedy were on the left during the match, with little effect). His pace (along with Moreno's) is so useful to the team, even when the ball is lost in dangerous positions they get back incredibly quickly to support the centre backs; both are happy to then get forward to support the attack when we have the ball. I was a big fan of Glen Johnson, but once his pace started to go his time at the top level as a full back was over. Clyne has been a wonderful replacement so far.

If he can improve his quality in the final third then I honestly think there would not be many right backs in world football who could be considered better than him.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: November 1, 2015, 09:55:32 am »
Very solid, I really like him. He's two footed as well and hard to get past.

Offline LODDZ

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: November 1, 2015, 10:50:38 am »
Just had a look. 15 starts subbed twice.

That's a lot of football.

indeed.

hope he gets a rest during the Ruben game..
From Cairo to Liverpool

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 1, 2015, 11:16:32 am »
Yeah, it would be great to rest him, can we play one of the kids at right back in Russia?

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #86 on: November 6, 2015, 11:28:57 am »
« Last Edit: November 6, 2015, 01:11:20 pm by robertobaggio37 »
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #87 on: November 6, 2015, 11:29:47 am »
Nat King Clyne.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 6, 2015, 11:32:30 am »

You'd be well pissed that you just burst your hole to get up that far and you didn't get the ball!!!

Offline Reds and Revs

• Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: November 6, 2015, 12:01:06 pm »
You'd be well pissed that you just burst your hole to get up that far and you didn't get the ball!!!

Amazing effort by Clyne needs to be rewarded.
Poor run by the forward into Clyne's space. Better decision making has that as a very good chance.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 6, 2015, 12:01:47 pm »
what a run. Terrible from Benteke though

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 6, 2015, 12:14:40 pm »
My son shall be named in his honour.  8)
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: November 6, 2015, 05:28:00 pm »
He's got some engine on him too. He's been playing two games a week for a few now and still making lung busting runs during the 90th minute. Definitely my kind of defender.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #93 on: November 6, 2015, 05:59:20 pm »

Cold weather + playing every minute under Klopp and he still does this. What a legend.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 6, 2015, 11:55:14 pm »
Quality signing.  A proper defender who hardly ever looks like he is going to get beat or make an error.  Strong, quick, great endurance, and a footballing brain.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 7, 2015, 04:22:35 am »
Cold weather + playing every minute under Klopp and he still does this. What a legend.
If Hodgson gets him hurt this year I'll fly to England and strangle him myself. We cannot afford to lose Clyne.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 7, 2015, 04:25:09 am »

Shocking lack of awareness and game intelligence from Benteke there.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 7, 2015, 04:25:24 am »
Clyne on an overlapping run.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 7, 2015, 04:35:23 am »
He's supposed to be the fastest player in the team. Not surprised at all to be honest. Over 40 metres, I can't see too many beating him. It'll probably be close between Moreno, Sturridge and Ibe as well, but Clyne might well edge it.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 7, 2015, 04:37:00 am »
He's supposed to be the fastest player in the team. Not surprised at all to be honest. Over 40 metres, I can't see too many beating him. It'll probably be close between Moreno, Sturridge and Ibe as well, but Clyne might well edge it.
If you gave Can 60 metres to build up some steam, I reckon he would be in the mix... ;)
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #100 on: November 7, 2015, 11:47:29 am »

Yeah, hopefully something Klopp will look at.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 7, 2015, 01:02:59 pm »
Think that's the right run from Benteke for two players, it takes a defender out the way and opens up some space for Firmino, not sue you can anticipate Clyne's run in that position.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 7, 2015, 01:04:15 pm »
Think that's the right run from Benteke for two players, it takes a defender out the way and opens up some space for Firmino, not sue you can anticipate Clyne's run in that position.

I wonder if he was surprised Clyne even got in to that position, hence why he made the run across to the right.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 7, 2015, 01:20:07 pm »
If you gave Can 60 metres to build up some steam, I reckon he would be in the mix... ;)
No he probably woudnt to be honest

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 7, 2015, 01:21:37 pm »

The run clyne is making is the typical overlapping full back run, if Benteke had made movement to his left rather than the right it would have opened the space for Firmino to give the ball to clyne far wide and Benteke could have a tap in. Minor problems though which I'm sure Klopp would point out.

On clyne he's everything I expected him to be and it's hardly a a surprise since he's been the most consistent rb in the league over the last couple years, athletic pacey, and more importantly reliable and doesn't have brainfarts the same way some of out full backs in the past have. In terms of value and potential him and Gomez are by far the best two signings we made this summer, both bargains.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 7, 2015, 01:23:34 pm »
The best upgrade on Glen Johnson we could of asked for, the lad is dynamite.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 7, 2015, 01:35:30 pm »
Surely it's more of Firmino hanging on the ball too long when he could have released for Benteke to run onto .Much before even Clyne made the run.

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #107 on: November 7, 2015, 01:44:17 pm »
Surely it's more of Firmino hanging on the ball too long when he could have released for Benteke to run onto .Much before even Clyne made the run.
I think Benteke should have gone left to open up more space for Firmino and Clyne however, Clyne is still quite a way back when Beneteke makes his run to the right and maybe didn't see him or didn't think he'd get there in time so Firmino should have played it where Benteke pointed.

Don't think it's a massive problem and nothing that can't be worked on at the training ground.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 7, 2015, 01:47:05 pm »

Nah because he was waiting for the right moment to make the pass, but because Benteke made the run to the right hand side, it took the 2nd defender across to where Clyne was, meaning that moment never came.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 2, 2015, 09:49:50 am »
Liverpool FC's Nathaniel Clyne: I don't need a rest, I want to win trophies

Reds full-back insists he's not feeling the strain ahead of return to Southampton

Nathaniel Clyne insists he doesn’t need a break as the Liverpool full-back eyes the first trophy of his professional career.

The England right-back is set to make his 21st start of the season for the Reds when he returns to Southampton on Wednesday night for the first time since his £12.5million summer move to Anfield.

No member of Jurgen Klopp’s squad has played more football than Clyne so far this season with the trip to Bordeaux the only game in all competitions he has sat out.

However, the 24-year-old insists he can handle the demands and is determined to help guide Liverpool into the last four of the Capital One Cup at Saints’ expense.

“I’m feeling good,” Clyne said.

“I’m young, I’m fit and healthy, and always up for playing games.

“I enjoy playing and the more games I play, the better I feel.

“This is definitely a great chance to win a trophy. Win this and we will be in the semis.

“I got to the semis in this competition with Palace. We beat Man United but then we lost to Cardiff. It’s highs and lows.

“It would be great to go further. We’re in good form and we want to keep that run going.

“We’ve just got to keep on putting in performances. Beating some of the best teams definitely gives us the confidence that we can go all the way.”

He has quickly adjusted to the pressure and expectation levels of life at Liverpool. He credits Klopp with giving him more belief and is relishing the licence he’s been given to attack by the German coach.

“My role has certainly changed under the new manager,” he said.

“I’d say definitely pressing on the front foot, setting the trap for the opposition team and getting forward more on the pitch. We’re also looking more solid defensively as well.

“The manager has tried to make me more confident in my ability as a player to go and express myself, not to hold back.

“You can definite hear him on the sidelines. If he’s got something to say you can hear him. He always shouts out tactics and is always encouraging players to run faster and put more effort into the game.

“I suppose he’s given me that extra confidence to get forward and to develop as a player.

“Maybe I wasn’t as confident as I should have been. When you come to a new club you may hold back and not take so many risks, but now I’ve played a few games I can take more risks and enjoy myself.

“I can go out there and express myself because he has confidence in you. If you lose the ball, it’s a case of not worrying, and just going out and doing it again.”

'I’m hoping I get a good reception as the fans were always good to me'
Clyne knows that maintaining his current high standards over the next six months is crucial if he’s going to go to Euro 2016 next summer as England’s first-choice right-back.

“That’s a big target, yeah,” he said.

“I want to put in big performances because I know people will be watching. You get picked on form so I want to keep putting in the performances and try to get noticed, and get that spot going into the Euros.”

Clyne doesn’t know what kind of reception will greet him at St Mary’s. He made 104 appearances for Saints during a three-year spell.

Team-mates Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren made the same move north 12 months earlier and were booed mercilessly on their return to the South Coast.

Whatever happens, Clyne has no doubt that he made the right decision when Liverpool moved to sign him back in June.

“I’m hoping I get a good reception as the fans were always good to me, but I’m not sure what it will be like,” he added.

“I know they booed Adam and Dejan so hopefully they’ll get the stick! I guess it will make for a good atmosphere.

“I was part of a good team at Southampton. We did really well over the couple of seasons I was there. We got a Europa League spot which was a really good achievement.

“But Liverpool are a bigger club and the expectation is much higher here. The bar is set much higher so I have to keep trying to play well and keep consistent form.

“I’m just trying to enjoy everything, take it in my stride and enjoy it really.”

Been fantastic for us so far- consistently does his defensive role within the team, we look so much more solid with him playing right back.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 2, 2015, 10:03:55 am »
Good to see he still want to play every game he can. As long as he's honest about his fitness, then there's no need to rest him.

One of the most consistant players we've ever had. Always worth a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #111 on: December 2, 2015, 07:21:06 pm »

Reds full-back insists he's not feeling the strain ahead of return to Southampton...

snip...

Tomorrow's newspapers - "Rift between manager and player"   ;D

Love Clyne, great consistent player!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #112 on: December 2, 2015, 07:21:59 pm »

Reds full-back insists he's not feeling the strain ahead of return to Southampton...

snip...

Tomorrow's newspapers - "Rift between manager and player"   ;D

Love Clyne, great consistent player!

"Clyne demands showdown talks with Klopp after Soton snub".
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2016, 08:25:26 pm »
I've waited nearly 5 months for this(the prick!) - GET THE FUCK IN THERE YOU BEAUTIFUL DEFENDING SCORING BASTARD!

In my humble, yet not very good on opinions an stuff (bar drinking and pub brawls) an shit like that, this lad is the new Rob Jones - bar injuries and goals! This lad as I hinted on in he opening OP, has everything.

Chuffed for him today. If any consistent performer desreved a goal this season, it is he.

*excuse me unearthing of one of 'my' topics, but this lad deserves his own and should stay up top*

PS: Just realised 'experience' is a common word with me. Sez a lot that

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2016, 08:32:11 pm »
He was boss today. Glad to see him involved more attacking. Deserved his goal. The follow through that he had for that rebound is the type of little thing we've been missing a lot this season

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2016, 08:33:21 pm »
FOXY!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2016, 08:38:25 pm »
The best thing is that he could easily be here for the next 10 years, not sure if you could say that about any others with a good deal of confidence.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:50:28 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »
The best thing is that he could easily be here for the next 10 years
I genuinely(in a non homosexual way) love him.  What is not to like abar the lad?

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2016, 08:43:33 pm »
All I hear when we watch us play is 'that lad is a Rolls Royce of a player', you and him would get on great Chops.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2016, 08:46:31 pm »
Claire, people say exactly the same thing about me when I'm at the bar.

Kindred spirits I reckon.