Author Topic: Suso  (Read 86348 times)

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Suso
« Reply #280 on: September 25, 2017, 10:40:26 am »
He's still only 23 too (albeit turning 24 soon). Scored 3 and provided 2 assists in 7 games so far - yea, real shocking (a couple of those out of position and as a sub).

Haha. And was woeful yesterday, woeful at Lazio and woeful v Udinese, god forbid we comment on the reality instead of filling the thread with how amazing he is and how badly he's missed because he scored and assisted v 10 man Crotone and Austria's 3rd best side.

In his last 26 league games he's got 4 goals, 6 assists, alright but not exactly worthy of the worship he gets in this thread where you'd think he was Iniesta and Mane combined. Who you supporting next sunday btw?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 25, 2017, 10:42:41 am »
The whole team were awful yesterday. He Doesn't really suit that position and in a 352, still good stats already this seaosn.

Definitely, he's nowhere near good enough to play central for a club with Milan's ambitions. He's good on the right as his in swinging crossing is excellent and thats about it really.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: September 25, 2017, 11:50:10 am »
Definitely, he's nowhere near good enough to play central for a club with Milan's ambitions. He's good on the right as his in swinging crossing is excellent and thats about it really.

Well he obviously is, in fact hes good enough to play for the 2nd best team in league in Napoli who were after him, and Roma... Obviously doing something right.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #283 on: September 25, 2017, 11:52:27 am »
He's still only 23 too (albeit turning 24 soon). Scored 3 and provided 2 assists in 7 games so far - yea, real shocking (a couple of those out of position and as a sub).

Your only posts seem to be in this sub-forum.

Do you support Liverpool FC or Former Players of Liverpool FC?

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: September 25, 2017, 11:57:05 am »
Haha. And was woeful yesterday, woeful at Lazio and woeful v Udinese, god forbid we comment on the reality instead of filling the thread with how amazing he is and how badly he's missed because he scored and assisted v 10 man Crotone and Austria's 3rd best side.

In his last 26 league games he's got 4 goals, 6 assists, alright but not exactly worthy of the worship he gets in this thread where you'd think he was Iniesta and Mane combined. Who you supporting next sunday btw?

He's scored against Inter assisted and had 2 motm performances against Juve, Napoli, Lazio, in fact in the last two years what big Serie A club hasn't he scored against? You answer that, actually i'll answer it for you, i think only Roma, yet that still didn't stop Monchi having an interest in the summer, maybe he knows something you don't. https://www.football-italia.net/110277/suso-roma-napoli-and-inter-offers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2TSOJc18Yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DdTlw5pHjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQVdTkhRL3o

In  fact his performances against the big teams over the last two years have been excellent, he isn't wholly consistent yet and i still think he has greater scope as a CM but if you put the same microscope on even say Dybala you would see he to also has bad games during the season, especially last season(had a great start to this one) and he plays for a more balanced and best team in the country.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: September 25, 2017, 12:36:01 pm »
He's scored against Inter assisted and had 2 motm performances against Juve, Napoli, Lazio, in fact in the last two years what big Serie A club hasn't he scored against? You answer that, actually i'll answer it for you, i think only Roma, yet that still didn't stop Monchi having an interest in the summer, maybe he knows something you don't. https://www.football-italia.net/110277/suso-roma-napoli-and-inter-offers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2TSOJc18Yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DdTlw5pHjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQVdTkhRL3o

In  fact his performances against the big teams over the last two years have been excellent, he isn't wholly consistent yet and i still think he has greater scope as a CM but if you put the same microscope on even say Dybala you would see he to also has bad games during the season, especially last season(had a great start to this one) and he plays for a more balanced and best team in the country.

What a strange post. I dont recall me saying "he's never had a good game v a big club". I'm well aware he's done good things and is a good player, just nowhere near as good as people like you claim.

And  ;D ;D at the Monchi line. From the same poster that hammers Klopp for not picking Wilson. Maybe Klopp knows more about football than you hey you little hypocrite.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: September 25, 2017, 12:57:18 pm »
I don't understand why everyone just can't be happy for the lad.

He was always a really talented player and just because he didn't make it at Liverpool, doesn't make him shite. 

At the same time, no, he's not the second coming of Maradona.

Delighted he's getting regular game time, doing well on the whole, fulfilling somewhat his obvious talent, called up to the Spanish national team etc etc.

Also, he's still very young so will be interesting to see how high his ceiling goes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #287 on: September 25, 2017, 12:59:07 pm »
Could it be that maybe he's just a decent player....and that's it? He's hardly the first and wont be the last who would have been handy to keep around....but really isn't that big of a deal that we didn't.

If we'd had someone like Pogba, let him fuck off and then seen him become a huge player for a big team then yeah I'd be pissed off. If we'd let, I dunno, Sterling leave when he was like 17 maybe and then he went on to have the impact he is now, then yeah fair enough. But Suso? I really don't see it, he's decent. He really doesn't seem to be doing anything to suggest its a massive missed opportunity for us. There's always young players who do alright elsewhere and you think maybe we should have kept him, but we do pretty well generally in that dept. Its not like we're letting Fowlers and Owens leave.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #288 on: September 25, 2017, 01:25:35 pm »
Could it be that maybe he's just a decent player....and that's it? He's hardly the first and wont be the last who would have been handy to keep around....but really isn't that big of a deal that we didn't.

If we'd had someone like Pogba, let him fuck off and then seen him become a huge player for a big team then yeah I'd be pissed off. If we'd let, I dunno, Sterling leave when he was like 17 maybe and then he went on to have the impact he is now, then yeah fair enough. But Suso? I really don't see it, he's decent. He really doesn't seem to be doing anything to suggest its a massive missed opportunity for us. There's always young players who do alright elsewhere and you think maybe we should have kept him, but we do pretty well generally in that dept. Its not like we're letting Fowlers and Owens leave.
Also as I pointed out before, generally speaking it's not the club but the manager at the time.

It doesn't matter how much the club would like to keep Suso - if he isn't valued by the manager, isn't getting picked he won't sign a contract so we will lose him. The club cannot turn around and insist he is played. So you will lose some players under managers simply because of a clash of styles between him and the player.

Pogba is an interesting one. Ferguson has clashed before with strong personalities in attacking players. I'm certain he saw the talent in Pogba, but just wanted him to see his attitude change. Stop saying you deserve a chance, I decide that not you. That sort of thing. That would show Ferguson it was a young mind he could work with, get the most out of, and would respect his position as authority figure absolutely. He likely never got that from Pogba.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: September 25, 2017, 02:32:42 pm »
What a strange post. I dont recall me saying "he's never had a good game v a big club". I'm well aware he's done good things and is a good player, just nowhere near as good as people like you claim.

And  ;D ;D at the Monchi line. From the same poster that hammers Klopp for not picking Wilson. Maybe Klopp knows more about football than you hey you little hypocrite.

Mate whats strange about it you mentioned about him scoring against a 10 man Crotone and against Austrias 3rd best side, so i came with a reply that actually, contrary to whatever you may feel, his best games have been against the biggest teams in Italy, and he has stood out against these teams against including a very good Juventus, more times than not.

What are you on about? Wilson deserves a chance, i never hammer Klopp about anything, Klopp would knows this himself, which is why actually out of Ojo him and Kent, he was always the one who was going to stay behind with a view of progressing to the first team.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2017, 12:14:32 pm »

To be fair, against Lazio he was up against Lucas, and we all know what Lucas does to creative AMs.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2017, 02:21:56 pm »
To be fair, against Lazio he was up against Lucas, and we all know what Lucas does to creative AMs.

Fouls them on the edge of the box in the last few minutes?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: September 28, 2017, 12:32:58 pm »
Poor again today

Wtf he's been the motm in 3 games already this season ???

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 28, 2017, 12:35:23 pm »
Wtf he's been the motm in 3 games already this season ???

And well done to him, hopefully he scores a goal v another bunch of carpet fitters tonight for you lot to go crazy about.  ;D

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: October 2, 2017, 08:53:24 am »
Got dropped on the weekend despite his apparently amazing stats and MOTM awards! Luckily for him the likes of Hakan Calhanoglu are absolutely hopeless so he probably won’t be sidelined for long.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #295 on: October 2, 2017, 04:36:33 pm »
Fouls them on the edge of the box in the last few minutes?

;D
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: October 2, 2017, 08:52:36 pm »
Got dropped on the weekend despite his apparently amazing stats and MOTM awards! Luckily for him the likes of Hakan Calhanoglu are absolutely hopeless so he probably won’t be sidelined for long.
Odd comment to make. Hope he succeeds whether it's at Milan or elsewhere.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #297 on: October 4, 2017, 02:23:45 am »
Your only posts seem to be in this sub-forum.

Do you support Liverpool FC or Former Players of Liverpool FC?

I find the main forum too crowded to participate in, hence why I tend to most more on here and in the General Sports forum. I post on YNWA on LFC related matters if you must know.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #298 on: October 4, 2017, 10:24:26 am »
Odd comment to make. Hope he succeeds whether it's at Milan or elsewhere.

The whole thread of replies is odd. He's doing well with Milan, he's a valuable and important player for them. He was always a talented footballer but wasn't physically or mentally mature enough to make an impact with us. We also signed Coutinho. Some players just need a chance to go away and settle down and develop. It's happened with San Jose, it's happened with Gulasci, it's happened with Suso and I'm certain it'll happen with someone else in the next couple of years.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: October 5, 2017, 12:44:17 pm »
Heard he's been moved centrally and is having a hard time adapting. Borini has been playing at wingback and doing a job I've read. And Luis Alberto seems to have found his feet at Lazio with more minutes so far this season than all of the last (conversely to Suso he seems to have found joy after being moved centrally from the wing).

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 14, 2017, 08:28:22 am »

Do you have a Suso alert on your phone or something. You only seem to come in here to post the first bad news about him?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2017, 01:30:54 pm »
Do you have a Suso alert on your phone or something. You only seem to come in here to post the first bad news about him?
He's obsessively hate watching Suso's progress at another club.

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2017, 09:55:12 pm »
Scored a great goal vs Inter.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: October 15, 2017, 09:58:20 pm »
He's good at footie. 4 goals and 2 assists in just over 500 minutes in Serie A so far, backing up 7 goals and 9 assists in Serie A last season. Good numbers for a guy who's only 23.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2017, 10:01:08 pm »
He's good at footie. 4 goals and 2 assists in just over 500 minutes in Serie A so far, backing up 7 goals and 9 assists in Serie A last season. Good numbers for a guy who's only 23.

Don't, it still hurts we let him go.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2017, 10:10:29 pm »
Don't, it still hurts we let him go.

Why? No chance he'd play enough for us to get numbers like that, even if his ability transferred to the PL.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 15, 2017, 10:15:06 pm »
Why? No chance he'd play enough for us to get numbers like that, even if his ability transferred to the PL.

He shone as a CM in a three for Spain at youth levels.

We never played him in that role.  He didn't get many chances with us sadly.

Would have loved him in our CM yesterday instead of one of Can or Wijnaldum.

One who got away (we managed terribly).

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2017, 10:17:00 pm »
He’s fascinatingly strange. A Spanish “playmaker” but all he can do is cross from the right and hit long shots, he looked out of his depth otherwise.

Luis Alberto looks a far, far more interesting prospect. But running the game won’t show up in stats so apparently doesn’t count.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2017, 10:28:49 pm »
Whether you rate him or not is pretty irrelevant in my opinion, he'd be worth a fortune in this market. Bernardo Silva is the closest stylistic fit I can think of and he cost a fortune. Suso matches or betters him in almost every offensive statistic I can find on Squawka (comparing both players' domestic form last season), so he'd be worth at least £30m now I reckon.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2017, 10:33:32 pm »
He shone as a CM in a three for Spain at youth levels.

We never played him in that role.  He didn't get many chances with us sadly.

Would have loved him in our CM yesterday instead of one of Can or Wijnaldum.

One who got away (we managed terribly).

Nah, one we let go when he decided he should leave for more minutes to a less competitive team. Right call then (shame not to get more cash), and right decision in hindsight.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2017, 10:36:02 pm »
Whether you rate him or not is pretty irrelevant in my opinion, he'd be worth a fortune in this market. Bernardo Silva is the closest stylistic fit I can think of and he cost a fortune. Suso matches or betters him in almost every offensive statistic I can find on Squawka (comparing both players' domestic form last season), so he'd be worth at least £30m now I reckon.

Only hope he'd ever have of being worth (whatever definition) 30m would be if the selling club were intent on keeping him, and a team like Man City or PSG came in for him (so, no hope - they don't sign players who can play a bit but can't physically compete)

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2017, 10:36:29 pm »
Nah, one we let go when he decided he should leave for more minutes to a less competitive team. Right call then (shame not to get more cash), and right decision in hindsight.

Well I don't agree.

Think we treated him badly when he was here, never played him in his best position and as a result - he stagnated and is thriving somewhere else.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2017, 10:36:50 pm »
Only hope he'd ever have of being worth (whatever definition) 30m would be if the selling club were intent on keeping him, and a team like Man City or PSG came in for him (so, no hope - they don't sign players who can play a bit but can't physically compete)

Nah, in this market anybody with his level of talent is worth at least £30m.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2017, 10:38:21 pm »
Well I don't agree.

Think we treated him badly when he was here, never played him in his best position and as a result - he stagnated and is thriving somewhere else.

You and I have different definitions of treating someone badly!

Players who are good enough force their way into their preferred position. He wasn't able to do this at a time when we were much weaker than now in the midfield three

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 15, 2017, 10:41:01 pm »
Nah, in this market anybody with his level of talent is worth at least £30m.

Maybe my view is out of date, but who in Serie A (of comparable talent) has left a not-great team and cost someone anything close to £30m?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: October 15, 2017, 10:48:17 pm »
Bernardo Silva is a shocking comparison and just shows you how daft some stats are if Suso is apparently “better”. The blueshite spent the summer telling us Gylfi was better than Phil coz stats.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 15, 2017, 10:51:11 pm »
Maybe my view is out of date, but who in Serie A (of comparable talent) has left a not-great team and cost someone anything close to £30m?

Leandro Paredes cost about 20 odd million this summer and he wasn't a regular starter at Roma, nor is he as good as Suso. Matias Vecino went for over 20m from Fiorentina to Inter, Patrik Schick could end up costing Roma around 40m from Sampdoria and Davide Zappacosta cost Chelsea near 30m euros if reports are correct. 

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: October 15, 2017, 10:55:05 pm »
Bernardo Silva is a shocking comparison and just shows you how daft some stats are if Suso is apparently “better”. The blueshite spent the summer telling us Gylfi was better than Phil coz stats.

Pretty similar dribbling numbers and chance creation stats, though Suso edges both, while both like to play wide on the right and cut in on their left foot. I'd be interested in hearing who you'd compare him to if Bernardo Silva is a "shocking comparison".

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: October 15, 2017, 10:56:53 pm »
Salah was signed for £35mil, Balde for about £30mil. Both are much more productive and established.

Isn't Schick around 35 mil euros?

Either way, these are players that were integral at their clubs. That's why they require big fees from rich clubs like us, or financially doped teams like Chelsea and Inter. For Suso to be worth anywhere near 30 million for us, he'd have to be an important player that we didn't want to lose (and the bid would have to be from a premier league team or one of 5-10 rich clubs in the world).

I just don't see it. There was no outcome of his time here, with a short contract and behind better players (who we've improved on), where we could have earned any more than around £15mil (if anyone made an eyebrow raising Ibe-like bid) after the TV money was upped.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:59:14 pm by Classycara »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: October 15, 2017, 11:01:12 pm »
Salah was signed for £35mil, Balde for about £30mil. Both are much more productive and established.

Isn't Schick around 35 mil euros?

Either way, these are players that were integral at their clubs. That's why they require big fees from rich clubs like us, or financially doped teams like Chelsea and Inter. For Suso to be worth anywhere near 30 million for us, he'd have to be an important player that we didn't want to lose (and the bid would have to be from a premier league team or one of 5-10 rich clubs in the world). I just don't see it.

This would've been true years ago, but no longer is the case. Wijnaldum and Sissoko cost over 50m between them when they were playing for a Championship club and the market has become even more bizarre since then. You don't need to be integral to a club to be worth 30m these days, you just need to be in the first team squad of one of the big teams in the Premier League. Mamadou Sakho being a case in point, absolutely no chance of getting a game here this season, but we still got a hefty fee for him.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:03:30 pm by Gerry Attrick »