Author Topic: LFC kit spotting around the world  (Read 26651 times)

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
LFC kit spotting around the world
« on: August 5, 2014, 03:34:58 pm »
Interesting(ish) situations in which you might have seen someone wearing LFC kit.  Real, or in the case below, completely fake.  The wearer here most likely had no clue what the letters and number on the back of his shirt represent.

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
Re: LFC kit spotting around the world
« Reply #1 on: August 5, 2014, 03:55:59 pm »
Always look back and laugh....few months ago just before the Chelsea game. Guy walking out if the petrol station in Melbourne wearing a Liverpool top.....for some reason I just screamed in his face 'lets twat these bastards'....he must of thought I was mental. The look on his face was priceless....and he was correct  :D
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #2 on: August 7, 2014, 07:56:56 pm »
A year or two ago I was in a book shop in Worcester and this middle aged bloke walked past me, had a Chelsea full kit wanker on, with Torres on the back. I could not stop myself asking him if it was a gay thing. If looks could kill...
I quite often speak to adults who are wearing our shirt around the Uk, but most times I get a very indifferent response. Example, last week I said to a bloke, Remy failed the medical. He did not even know we were in for him. Perhaps us Rawkites are the trainspotting end of things, making a kit spotting thread a goer.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: August 7, 2014, 08:10:53 pm »
Not a kit, but year before last went on holiday to a little island off Cuba, and the guy behind the pool bar had a (fake) LFC bracelet thing on. Got chatting to him about it and he was a big fan.

Ended up giving him the new shirt I'd just bought before going out there as no chance he'd of been able to get one, plus for the whole 2 weeks he made sure I and anyone I was with got served before anyone else (even if a massive queue) because I was a Liverpool fan  ;D

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: August 7, 2014, 08:15:44 pm »
Not LFC, but while in China I did come across these particularly hilarious examples of copyright infringement ;D

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 7, 2014, 08:53:13 pm »
Interesting(ish) situations in which you might have seen someone wearing LFC kit.  Real, or in the case below, completely fake.  The wearer here most likely had no clue what the letters and number on the back of his shirt represent.

That from India, Raul? I love seeing the badly made replicas in India. Nobody has a clue about what they're wearing but it makes me sit up and go Ha!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6 on: August 7, 2014, 09:12:58 pm »
I used to work with an Everton fan who told that story that he was travelling in South Africa and in some small town saw this old guy wearing an Everton shirt. Pleasantly surprised he went over to him, gave him the thumbs up and said "Nice shirt mate, I'm a Blue too" to which the old boy replied that he was actually a United fan but he couldn't afford their shirt and was only wearing the Everton one because it was cheaper. :D

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 7, 2014, 10:26:24 pm »
I was on patrol in Pristina In 2000, when I saw a young lad in a yellow away shirt so I got my pic taken with him, bizarrely his mate had a Rochdale one on!

A few days later one of the lads said I should check out the shirts on sale on the market, off I went and came across the stall selling shirts from around the world. Although I knew they were fake, to be fair they were pretty good quality, that is until I turned it around and saw the number 10 and the name OVEN on the back!!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: August 7, 2014, 10:51:01 pm »
I was on patrol in Pristina In 2000, when I saw a young lad in a yellow away shirt so I got my pic taken with him, bizarrely his mate had a Rochdale one on!

A few days later one of the lads said I should check out the shirts on sale on the market, off I went and came across the stall selling shirts from around the world. Although I knew they were fake, to be fair they were pretty good quality, that is until I turned it around and saw the number 10 and the name OVEN on the back!!

He was the hottest striker in the world back then to be fair.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 7, 2014, 11:00:30 pm »
He was the hottest striker in the world back then to be fair.
:lmao :lmao
This is gonna turn into another pun thread isn't it.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 7, 2014, 11:16:50 pm »
Surely not on my own in that no matter where I go, I simply have to bring at least 1 article if clothing that identifies me as a Liverpool fan. Tomorrow for example, we're off to Craig Tara. I spent a full half hour deciding which LFC tops to bring. I decided on last season's replica, and The Road End one from hat scarf or a badge.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 7, 2014, 11:25:32 pm »
A year or two ago I was in a book shop in Worcester and this middle aged bloke walked past me, had a Chelsea full kit wanker on, with Torres on the back. I could not stop myself asking him if it was a gay thing. If looks could kill...
I quite often speak to adults who are wearing our shirt around the Uk, but most times I get a very indifferent response. Example, last week I said to a bloke, Remy failed the medical. He did not even know we were in for him. Perhaps us Rawkites are the trainspotting end of things, making a kit spotting thread a goer.

I think I know who you mean! Far more Liverpool shirts around Worcester, mind you, particularly the kids, than any other club. Anyone know why?

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #12 on: August 8, 2014, 07:58:19 am »
I can't help myself when seeing Man U fans in and around Brisbane, my tourettes automatically jumps in with "hey mate, you've got a bit of shit on your shirt there" some of the responses are priceless. This of course drives the missus mental, if she sees it first, she'll pipe in "leave it" or "Don't", killjoy!

G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 8, 2014, 08:12:15 am »
I live in Canada in a suburban town. Not many people here know much about football outside of world cup, but there is a family on my street who support stoke. They are not even from Stoke but whenever I see them they are all usually dressed in Stoke's home kit. Its odd to see father and his 3 sons walking down the street, always wearing a stoke kit.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #14 on: August 8, 2014, 08:34:08 am »
I can't help myself when seeing Man U fans in and around Brisbane, my tourettes automatically jumps in with "hey mate, you've got a bit of shit on your shirt there" some of the responses are priceless. This of course drives the missus mental, if she sees it first, she'll pipe in "leave it" or "Don't", killjoy!

I have a similar reaction when I see the manure shirt or the everton shirt,    I always ask the personal wearing the shirt 
" why are you in fancy dress tonight  " ??  my mrs goes nuts 

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #15 on: August 8, 2014, 08:38:02 am »
I live in Canada in a suburban town. Not many people here know much about football outside of world cup, but there is a family on my street who support stoke. They are not even from Stoke but whenever I see them they are all usually dressed in Stoke's home kit. Its odd to see father and his 3 sons walking down the street, always wearing a stoke kit.

Haha that's strange indeed.
I remember seeing a guy wearing a Burnley FC shirt at a Tim Horton's few years back.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 8, 2014, 08:41:43 am »
A few years ago now, on holiday in Spain. I walked in to a bloke wearing the grey manc shirt. "Sorry mate, I didn't see you there"
(reference to the game against Southampton when bacon face claimed they couldn't see each other)

I did it quite a few times to different people wearing that shirt. If I saw it on a bloke now, I'd do it again.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Dakota

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 8, 2014, 09:24:37 am »
My first sighting on vacation was a Basque kid wearing Alonso 14 in a small town on their beautiful coast. I... had a moment.

Surely not on my own in that no matter where I go, I simply have to bring at least 1 article if clothing that identifies me as a Liverpool fan.

Definitely not on your own. It's the first thing I pack, especially if there's a game while I'm away. 

I was wearing my green Adidas CL top from '08 in Switzerland last week and passed a busker playing the saxophone on a busy street. He immediately changed his tune to You'll Never Walk Alone. I always did like the Nina Simone version...
Thinking about crowdfunding a Save The Piano Movers! charitable association.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #18 on: August 8, 2014, 09:32:15 am »
Pal of mine was in Eritrea some 15 years ago. A remote hill village, cut off from the rest of the world for years by civil war. He was wearing an old Barcelona shirt. A group of kids came running out of the village when they saw him and started  pointing at his shirt and shouting. "Christ they know about Barca up here" said my mate to himself. But no, they'd got it wrong. The words they were shouting turned out to be "Crystal Palace! Crystal Palace!"
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: August 8, 2014, 10:41:00 am »
I was travelling in Thailand with a mate and staying in a little beach bungalow. I was wearing a retro Liverpool shirt and the guy who worked there, proudly sporting his very fake looking Liverpool shirt gave me the thumbs up. I had the little chat that you have to do in these circumstances, he didn't seem too knowledgable so I let him off. Next day, he's working there proudly wearing his fake United shirt! He had a different team for every day of the week.

The funniest bit I was travelling with a Sunderland fan. This was 2000/01 and at the time they were 2nd or 3rd in the League (Phillips and Quinn era).

"Have ya got a Sunlun one?"
 - blank look and a sheepish smile
"Sunlun"
- still nothing
"Sun-der-land...we're 3rd in the Premier League"
- "Never heard of you. Sorry!"

I laughed anyway!

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20 on: August 8, 2014, 10:52:32 am »
Not really kit spotting but being kit spotted myself. I've just been on holiday to Aus and went through Singapore airport twice, both times wearing a Liverpool shirt.

First time through the airport, the security guard proper straight faced going through everyones stuff. Checks my stuff and sends me through, I hear "You'll never walk alone buddy", turn around and he has a big grin on his face, asks the mrs if she's Liverpool too, she says no, hurries her on her way, back to deadpan look.

Second time through different shirt this time, can see passport checker guy has a big grin on his face, "Ah Liverpool, my favourite team."

Then in Sydney airport on the way to Singapore I get, "You're a brave man flying to Manchester wearing that."
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #21 on: August 8, 2014, 11:16:09 am »
Not really kit spotting but being kit spotted myself. I've just been on holiday to Aus and went through Singapore airport twice, both times wearing a Liverpool shirt.

First time through the airport, the security guard proper straight faced going through everyones stuff. Checks my stuff and sends me through, I hear "You'll never walk alone buddy", turn around and he has a big grin on his face, asks the mrs if she's Liverpool too, she says no, hurries her on her way, back to deadpan look.

Second time through different shirt this time, can see passport checker guy has a big grin on his face, "Ah Liverpool, my favourite team."

Then in Sydney airport on the way to Singapore I get, "You're a brave man flying to Manchester wearing that."

Heaps of liverpool fans in south east asia. Thats why we keep going down there. Easy money.

Offline Rainmac

• Kemlynite
« Reply #22 on: August 8, 2014, 11:22:52 am »
After Jed the Red's reply I thought I'd share this bad boy I bought for a mate in Camp Bastion!

Offline Rainmac

• Kemlynite
« Reply #23 on: August 8, 2014, 11:25:23 am »
^ at least I would if it would let me post photos from my phone! D'oh!

Offline d3lu5ion

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: August 8, 2014, 11:40:34 am »
Well I did not come across a kit.. but 2 months ago, when I was on a vacation in Lofoten Islands, Norway, I was walking through small streets and narrow roads to reach a hiking spot.. There was a house with the board reading.. "Anfield Road" and they had "LFC curtains" on..  :)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #25 on: August 8, 2014, 01:08:37 pm »
i dont know why but i always look to see if the name is on the back

I saw one at anfield with John Welsh

another lad i drank with a couple of times had Diouf

worst of all was in portrush i saw a jersey with Poulsen on the back. poor fella
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 8, 2014, 01:30:53 pm »
I was on holiday a couple of years ago in Cornwall (Fistral Beach), wearing my black protest shirt.
Got a couple of people notice it and comment on it being great.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 8, 2014, 01:35:30 pm »
Not a kit, but year before last went on holiday to a little island off Cuba, and the guy behind the pool bar had a (fake) LFC bracelet thing on. Got chatting to him about it and he was a big fan.

Ended up giving him the new shirt I'd just bought before going out there as no chance he'd of been able to get one, plus for the whole 2 weeks he made sure I and anyone I was with got served before anyone else (even if a massive queue) because I was a Liverpool fan  ;D
Top gesture.

:wellin
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 8, 2014, 01:37:33 pm »
I can't help myself when seeing Man U fans in and around Brisbane, my tourettes automatically jumps in with "hey mate, you've got a bit lot of shit on your shirt back there" some of the responses are priceless. This of course drives the missus mental, if she sees it first, she'll pipe in "leave it" or "Don't", killjoy!

Think that's more apt... ;)
When in Rome...

Offline joeyboswell

• Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: August 8, 2014, 02:26:38 pm »

Seen in Japan. The only shirts I saw out and about were Liverpool shirts (or shorts and socks in this case). I was surprised to see 2 fellas wearing chelsea shirts outside a pub. After chatting to them I found out they wear being paid by adidas to wear them to encourage people to watch the last game of the season in the pub and try to brainwash people to support chelsea.

Offline Ekul

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30 on: August 8, 2014, 03:31:33 pm »
I used to work with an Everton fan who told that story that he was travelling in South Africa and in some small town saw this old guy wearing an Everton shirt. Pleasantly surprised he went over to him, gave him the thumbs up and said "Nice shirt mate, I'm a Blue too" to which the old boy replied that he was actually a United fan but he couldn't afford their shirt and was only wearing the Everton one because it was cheaper. :D

I'm surprised he even found one haha. When I was in Ghana my friend was trying to find an Everton shirt but the people in the markets didn't even know who Everton was! They always had a Liverpool shirt for me though. Haha.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #31 on: August 8, 2014, 03:36:45 pm »
There was this fella in my primary school who I always thought of as a horrible little w***** for no reason in particular. Ten years on I'm in a pub watching our 3-2 win v Man City in April and who's stood next to me, turning out to have become a proper Liverpool fan, going the game numerous times a season? You know who..
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 9, 2014, 08:08:31 am »
Actually, thinking about this thread, I said to my Missus the other week ( we live in bury where she is from ) it's weird how many Liverpool shirts you see in the satellite towns of greater Manchester I.e Bolton, bury, Rochdale and Oldham. And actually within the city limits too, but in all my years I have only ever seen one person wearing a Manure shirt in Liverpool!!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 04:15:28 pm »
Sterling & Michael Owen on Khaosan Road

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 04:21:49 pm »
Sterling & Michael Owen on Khaosan Road

Love it.

Offline Defendant

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 04:35:24 pm »
From Thailand two pre-seasons ago. Loads of odd stuff on the back of shirts over there.

Vietnam was great, too, but more for weird coloured fake kits. Saw loads of red Everton tops.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:40:42 pm by Defendant »

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 05:08:47 pm »
Pal of mine was in Eritrea some 15 years ago. A remote hill village, cut off from the rest of the world for years by civil war. He was wearing an old Barcelona shirt. A group of kids came running out of the village when they saw him and started  pointing at his shirt and shouting. "Christ they know about Barca up here" said my mate to himself. But no, they'd got it wrong. The words they were shouting turned out to be "Crystal Palace! Crystal Palace!"
:lmao

Brilliant!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2015, 04:43:39 pm »
Saigon

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 09:52:12 pm »

Makes me wonder if there's some history between the two clubs' colors like Newcastle Notts County and Juventus.

Apparently Palace's current colours were "inspired by" Barca, and adopted in 1973

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Palace_F.C.#Colours_and_crest

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:55:25 pm by zabadoh »
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 10:02:10 pm »
From Thailand two pre-seasons ago. Loads of odd stuff on the back of shirts over there.

Alan Partridge would love that.