Author Topic: Liverpool signed Kevin Linford Stewart. People have now noticed.  (Read 95763 times)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Re: Liverpool signed Kevin Linford Stewart. People have now noticed.
« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2017, 10:56:54 am »
Seem to remember the same sorta shite being directed at Lucas 7-8 years ago,that took the confidence of his manager & a good run in the team for many reds to lighten up.
Go easy on the lad & show a bit of respect for our player.
It's nothing like Lucas, nothing at all. Stewart has never played regularly for a first team at senior level, at any level. He's got like 30 games in five years, grand total. Lucas was boss in Brazil, and played quite a bit early on here. That was when he was competing with Mascherano and Alonso.
And the difference in quality is glaring.
I'd rather give the experience to some talent.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #441 on: January 20, 2017, 09:40:53 pm »
Of course it is.
Regardless of how long he has been here JK has had him a year & is getting the chances similar to Lucas had very early in his career here.
The same sort of derision Lucas got is now being shot at Stewart.
He is on a hiding to nothing from the same section of our quick fix fans from fickldom.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #442 on: January 20, 2017, 09:42:25 pm »
No we haven't. We turned down £6m in the summer because £10-12m is our valuation.

Per: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kevin-stewart-not-sale-liverpool-12398189
Good spot!  I stand corrected
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #443 on: January 20, 2017, 10:00:48 pm »
Of course it is.
Regardless of how long he has been here JK has had him a year & is getting the chances similar to Lucas had very early in his career here.
The same sort of derision Lucas got is now being shot at Stewart.
He is on a hiding to nothing from the same section of our quick fix fans from fickldom.
Lucas started 47 games in his first two years, Stewart will be lucky to get half of that.
And the quality of our midfield waa much higher then.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2017, 10:19:49 pm »
Lucas started 47 games in his first two years, Stewart will be lucky to get half of that.
And the quality of our midfield waa much higher then.

Not sure why people are comparing him to a young Lucas? He was a free transfer for the U23s who has made himself a fairly useful squad member, that's all. Lucas was signed for a lot of money and was very highly sought after at the time,
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #445 on: January 20, 2017, 10:44:30 pm »
Not sure why people are comparing him to a young Lucas? He was a free transfer for the U23s who has made himself a fairly useful squad member, that's all. Lucas was signed for a lot of money and was very highly sought after at the time,

No comparison in age,ability or dodgy girls hair do.
The compaison is the shite directed at both players who are/were deemed unfit to wear the shirt.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #446 on: January 21, 2017, 03:25:07 pm »
dont think he'd have done worse than Can or even Hendo today against Swansea. both were far from their best. not saying he's a better player or that Can/Hendo suck, just stating that he'd probably have done fine if he'd started or played.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: January 21, 2017, 08:45:19 pm »
Almost impossible for either him or Ejaria to be any worse than Can
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2017, 08:46:24 pm »
Almost impossible for either him or Ejaria to be any worse than Can
Look, Can will be off in the summer, it's not something you should worry about
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: January 21, 2017, 11:43:36 pm »

I've wondered if this could be the case.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: January 21, 2017, 11:50:29 pm »

Yeah I had high hopes but he's not improved sadly. Too slow for our midfield.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #451 on: January 21, 2017, 11:54:04 pm »

Really.......so you have his holiday destination but what about our midfield

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #452 on: January 22, 2017, 03:44:48 pm »

Big Money?  It's hard to get an accurate price,  but it was somewhere between £6 and £8 million,  for a Brazil international who'd also won the Bola De Oura (golden ball).  That is NOT big money!  If a player is sought after it's usually an indicator that they  have something about them clubs feel worth pursuing.  If a player is released and therefore free why is that?
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #453 on: January 22, 2017, 06:32:58 pm »

Really?  What's been said to make you think it's such a certainty?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #454 on: January 22, 2017, 06:35:15 pm »
I have seen rumours in newspapers saying that Can is off. But who knows whether that is true or not. We will have to wait and see what happens in the summer.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: January 22, 2017, 06:36:13 pm »
I have seen rumours in newspapers saying that Can is off. But who knows whether that is true or not. We will have to wait and see what happens in the summer.

Wouldnt be a bad move. Hasnt shown himself to be good enough.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: January 22, 2017, 06:36:45 pm »
hes got 18 months on his contact with seemingly no sign of a new deal, so we could probably shift him for a small profit in the summer, hopefully swap for someone like goretzka or calhanoglu

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #457 on: January 29, 2017, 03:28:15 pm »
Something isn't right here,  I dunno what it is.  Apparantly worth £10m (lol) and regarded very highly by everyone at the club including Jurgen Klopp,  yet we have 3 games in 7 days,  play kids left and right  and the lad doesn't get a single minute of game time finding himself stuck well and truy to the bench???  Doesn't make sense. And it begs the question that if he can't get on the pitch in our 'weekus horribilis'  and against Championship Wolves, when will he get any minutes now that we're out of both cups and are back to less than a game a week,  pretty much?
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: January 29, 2017, 03:29:14 pm »
Something isn't right here,  I dunno what it is.  Apparantly worth £10m (lol) and regarded very highly by everyone at the club including Jurgen Klopp,  yet we have 3 games in 7 days,  play kids left and right  and the lad doesn't get a single minute of game time finding himself stuck well and truy to the bench???  Doesn't make sense. And it begs the question that if he can't get on the pitch in our 'weekus horribilis'  and against Championship Wolves, when will he get any minutes now that we're out of both cups and are back to less than a game a week,  pretty much?

Yeah is a bit odd. He'd have done a much better job than Lucas did yesterday thats for certain!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:32:17 pm by pyroparty »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: January 29, 2017, 03:32:00 pm »
hes got 18 months on his contact with seemingly no sign of a new deal, so we could probably shift him for a small profit in the summer, hopefully swap for someone like goretzka or calhanoglu
Nedved the Vice president of Juve was raving about him during the euro 21 tournament a couple of years ago,no surprise Juventus have been heavily linked with Can recently.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: January 29, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »
Yeah is a bit odd. He'd have done a much better job than Lucas did yesterday thats for certain!

Indeed, but this is something for Klopp to think about, it's not Stewart's fault.

The mistake was that Klopp started Lucas in midfield. Then in the context of the game, it was never likely Klopp would use a substitute to change our holing midfielder when we were chasing two goals, compounding the initial mistake.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #461 on: January 29, 2017, 04:15:20 pm »
Mate, with all due respect, after that showing yesterday this really isn't the time for sly digs at a Lucas rival.

So you ignored my point just to get personal?  Grow up. 

Whether I rate Stewart or not is irrelevant to the fact that he didn't get any game time when all our other squad players did,  and if he can't get game time when we have 3 games in a  week and against a Championship side,  he's hardly likely to get any between now and the end of the season either.   It makes no sense if he's as highly rated as Klopp is alledged to rate him.  Something isn't adding up here ...

Stewart might as well go on loan to get some game time as I can't see where he's going to get any here apart form in the U23's with the kids.  Can you?

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #462 on: January 29, 2017, 04:21:22 pm »
Irrespective of the title Doesn't look like Klopp has noticed him.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #463 on: January 29, 2017, 05:51:56 pm »
How did I get personal? :D

He's the same as he's been for a while, a back up. I'd imagine the manager wanted some experience against Wolves, in hindsight it was a mistake and I'm pretty confident it's not one we'll be making again.

But we played our backups yesterday yet he didn't play,  that's my point............  !  If he doesn't get to play in a game like yesterday what's the point in having him?  Is he the only fit first team squad member that hasn't got at least some game time in the past 3 games?   Regardless of what you think of Lucas,  if Stewart was better than him  he'd be getting some game time wouldn't he?  Or do you think Klopp is deliverately picking inferior players and keeping Stewart for games against the top teams? :D

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: January 29, 2017, 06:41:04 pm »
Nothing against him, but if Liverpool want to win things then he shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI or the back-up choice.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: January 29, 2017, 07:29:43 pm »
But we played our backups yesterday yet he didn't play,  that's my point............  !  If he doesn't get to play in a game like yesterday what's the point in having him?  Is he the only fit first team squad member that hasn't got at least some game time in the past 3 games?   Regardless of what you think of Lucas,  if Stewart was better than him  he'd be getting some game time wouldn't he?  Or do you think Klopp is deliverately picking inferior players and keeping Stewart for games against the top teams? :D

Like I said leivapool, we went with experience in certain areas.

And again, he's a back-up. He's a cheap, homegrown back-up. He's a solid little player, that's it. We made a mistake against Wolves by playing Lucas and in hindsight I'm pretty sure we wouldn't make the mistake again. Stewart is never gonna be the reason we win or don't win a game though, he's just one of those that might be needed at some point during a season and he's on low wages and is a good pro and doesn't moan. And again....it's an odd thread to drag up after what we witnessed yesterday with Lucas.

I dare say if we get an offer for him in the summer we'd listen, but there's certainly bigger areas we need to address. Even with the back-ups, the likes of Lucas and Moreno are almost certain to go first. High earners offering nothing.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #466 on: January 29, 2017, 07:52:34 pm »
Like I said leivapool, we went with experience in certain areas.

And again, he's a back-up. He's a cheap, homegrown back-up. He's a solid little player, that's it. We made a mistake against Wolves by playing Lucas and in hindsight I'm pretty sure we wouldn't make the mistake again. Stewart is never gonna be the reason we win or don't win a game though, he's just one of those that might be needed at some point during a season and he's on low wages and is a good pro and doesn't moan. And again....it's an odd thread to drag up after what we witnessed yesterday with Lucas.

I dare say if we get an offer for him in the summer we'd listen, but there's certainly bigger areas we need to address. Even with the back-ups, the likes of Lucas and Moreno are almost certain to go first. High earners offering nothing.

Who exactly is he back up too?  The back up to the back up to the back up to the back up?  The point of a back up is that they get a game when the first teamer(s) can't play  for whatever reason.  Yet Stewart's not got had a minute of game time  this past week when every single other first team squad member and some of the kids have all played. So I ask again,  what is the point?

It's not an odd thread to bring up at all,  Stewart was massively conspicuous by his absence in games where our other back-up's all got game time.

You can keep slagging Lucas off in every post you write,  but when Lucas has been available to play midfield and not needed at CB,  Klopp has picked him over Stewart every single time.   You do not know what Klopp thought of Lucas's performance,  and plenty of people disagree with you,  so you need to add 'in my opinion' or you sound like a div.   

When a team loses 3 games in 7 days no one single player can be to blame,  particularly one who only played 1 in the 3,  but keep blaming Lucas and Moreno,  you're just showing you're agenda!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: January 29, 2017, 08:05:27 pm »
He'd only be massively conspicuous by his absence if you expected him to play in the first place leivapool.

I'm not sure why you're jumping for joy over Lucas starting over Stewart in a cup game and looking dreadful? They're both at a level that they're not trusted to start a league game when Henderson is out. In the cups they've both played at DM, Stewart a couple more times. But Lucas is a good pro too, people like him and he does try hard. But one is on about five times more than the other, neither really offer a great deal more than breaking up play and keeping things tidy but one is declining scarily fast.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #468 on: January 29, 2017, 08:11:58 pm »
Nothing against him, but if Liverpool want to win things then he shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI or the back-up choice.

Agree completely.

It's clear to see why Spurs let him go.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #469 on: January 30, 2017, 01:10:45 pm »
Not sure what the point is for him now. If we're playing as poorly as we are, losing games and rotating the squad to the tune of nine changes, and he still isn't getting in ahead of a Lucas Leiva who physically isn't up to the role any more, then he's got no chance and he simply shouldn't be at the club.

If I were him i'd be telling my agent to get me a move. He needs it for the sake of his career, and frankly, if Klopp doesn't trust him then we need someone who he does.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #471 on: October 28, 2017, 07:01:43 pm »
How is this guy getting on?

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #472 on: October 28, 2017, 08:37:05 pm »
How is this guy getting on?

Hadn't looked since the international break - at which time he had played just 10 minutes. He's since started, been sub in another. Only played ~120mins in total though. Doesn't seem to have been injured or anything. Suggests he just wasn't fancied start of the season.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd