Author Topic: Aly Cissokho  (Read 174266 times)

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
Re: Aly Cissokho
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2013, 02:06:00 pm »
Well with enrique now out until February time this is a golden opportunity for aly cissokho to prove he is good enough to be signed permanently like what he wants, if he does not take his chance now he should not be signed on permanent

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #81 on: December 1, 2013, 06:27:12 pm »
So, safe to assume he's being shipped back in January?

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: December 7, 2013, 03:16:57 am »
So whats the story on this bloke? Ive searched around looking for anything to suggest his injured but havn't found anything?

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 7, 2013, 03:41:30 am »
So far, he's shown that he's not good enough to be deputising for Enrique. Not sure of his past performances at Valencia. Most likely back there in January, no?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 7, 2013, 03:43:07 am »
I think international loans have to last a year at minimum so he will stay with us.

Offline Nonex

• Anny Roader
  • "I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell."
« Reply #85 on: December 7, 2013, 04:26:10 am »
I think international loans have to last a year at minimum so he will stay with us.

Not sure about that as Sahin only lasted until Jan before going back to Madrid.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: December 7, 2013, 05:21:09 am »
Not sure about that as Sahin only lasted until Jan before going back to Madrid.
Yeah, that's what I thought

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: December 7, 2013, 05:51:21 am »
Im pretty sure loans are all based on terms of loans... as in teams can recall players at any time, teams can send a player back at any time, the player can't play against his parent club etc etc

its all set with the loan contract... im suprised we got rid of Sahin so easily even though he was on a season long loan, unless there was a clause that we could send back at the start of the winter transfer window.

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #88 on: December 7, 2013, 06:06:55 am »
I still think this loan was a stop gap to cover robinsons development year out on loan. The kids got talent and has done very well at blackpool... minus the red cards.

I still think robbo has more quality at LB than either flanno or wisdom, and i rate both of them very highly as young talents.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 8, 2013, 01:40:14 pm »
Not looking good for him if a young, run-of-the-mill right-back is favoured ahead of him, now.

He's going to be Sahin'd in January.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #90 on: December 8, 2013, 01:57:20 pm »
Im pretty sure loans are all based on terms of loans... as in teams can recall players at any time, teams can send a player back at any time, the player can't play against his parent club etc etc

its all set with the loan contract... im suprised we got rid of Sahin so easily even though he was on a season long loan, unless there was a clause that we could send back at the start of the winter transfer window.

I think Sahin went back because he agreed a similar loan deal with Dortmund for second half of last season. Madrid could have held us to the deal but there was nothing in it for them to do so. They got the same deal off Dortmund.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 8, 2013, 06:04:11 pm »
I think Sahin went back because he agreed a similar loan deal with Dortmund for second half of last season. Madrid could have held us to the deal but there was nothing in it for them to do so. They got the same deal off Dortmund.

The latest FIFA rules state that all international loan agreements must last at least the length between registration windows i.e transfer windows.

They only came into effect in December 2012 so Sahin was probably 1 of the first to take advantage of them.

I'm pretty sure that prior to this the regulation on international loans was that they had to be for a full season.

As such I would say there is definitely a possibility of Cissokho's loan being ended early.

If it coming towards the end of January and Enrique and Johnson are both fully fit with Kelly and Flanagan in the squad and McLaughlin and Smith waiting in the wings you would really have to wonder about the logic of keeping Cissokho around. It would be interesting to know if there are any penalties we would have to pay in the loan agreement if we were to end the loan early.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2013, 09:54:16 pm »
Hope this deal is cancelled on January 1st. If Flanagan and now Smith are more trusted than him, it's a waste of his time and it's a waste of our wages.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2013, 09:55:07 pm »
Odd that he didn't play today, was he not fit?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2013, 10:05:42 pm »
Or not LFC material
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2013, 10:08:30 pm »
Surely will be getting another chance against Hull, by default. I thought he was adequate against City, got forward well and put in some decent crosses. His chances of a permanent deal are slim-to-none, but with our already thin squad I think talk of cancelling his contract is quite ridiculous.

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2013, 10:15:32 pm »

Agree i would prefer a full fit cissokho to agger at left back

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2013, 10:26:02 pm »
I guess aly doesn't have an ally in Brendan.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2013, 05:31:59 pm »
I thought he started off poorly in the Man City game, and seemed to get done by Navas a fair bit - culminating in that header which hit the bar. He just looked lost. After that initial period though, he looked solid - got forward as well, and was generally decent I thought. Interesting then, that he gets benched for Chelsea, and we deem it necessary to put a purely defensive player there. Perhaps I just missed something from the City game after his poor start.

Hope Flanagan's back soon anyway.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2013, 07:38:21 pm »
With Enrique, Robinson and Smith our future prospects and Flano more than capable of deputising, I don't think Cissokho has any future here. Next season it'll be Enrique/Robinson. I think BR has had enough time to consider if he's any good. The only question is do we need to hold on to him until we get a flew players back. I don't think so to be honest. Johnson can cover LB too.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2013, 09:02:21 pm »
I guess aly doesn't have an ally in Brendan.

I think he is our best left back at the moment but when they ally is no there then there's nothing you can do I guess...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2013, 09:03:23 pm »
He doesn't seem very fit to me. Not saying he is carrying an injury, just doesn't seem the best conditioned player, can't say I was surprised he didn't play Chelsea for that reason. Nevermind the fact he doesn't look very good either.

Offline simply_red

• Holding back the tears. Of negativity. Utter negativity.
  • Kopite
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2013, 09:04:55 pm »
Not good enough. Brought to the club too late.

Ship him back to Valencia.
kopblocks.com

FSG out.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 11:17:08 pm »
The guy needs more time and has only played a handful of matches. Obviously the coaching staff will know much better as they see him every week so time will tell whether he gets a good stint.
#JFT97

Offline BostonRed

• Boys Pen
« Reply #104 on: January 1, 2014, 05:08:07 pm »
You could see his confidence grow as the game went on today.  Looked MUCH better

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 1, 2014, 05:09:11 pm »
Yes, did a decent job today. Good for his confidence. Well in Aly.  :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #106 on: January 1, 2014, 05:09:22 pm »
You could see his confidence grow as the game went on today.  Looked MUCH better

Agreed, his best game in a liverpool shirt so far

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #107 on: January 1, 2014, 05:09:39 pm »
Decent performance...won't sign him permanently but he'll remain a decent cover till the end of the season

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #108 on: January 1, 2014, 05:10:45 pm »
Don't think he really got forward until we were 2-0 up. As usual everything seemed to go down the middle or right.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 1, 2014, 05:12:24 pm »
Solid defensive game. Reluctant to get forward it seems but that might just be a confidence thing, or possibly lack of match fitness. Think he earned himself starts for Oldham and at Stoke given that it seems Johnson has also picked up a knock. Still not convinced he's up to the standard but he's showing improvement though he wasn't really tested today.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 1, 2014, 05:12:30 pm »
Lacks confidence in a big way but was not that bad, today. Still positionally suspect but cannot fault him.

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 1, 2014, 05:12:46 pm »
looks a better option at LB than Agger or Sakho.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #112 on: January 1, 2014, 05:13:48 pm »
I dont see why people are on this guys back. He played well, defended well got down the wing to attack etc.  I dont understand what faults people have with him. Great to also see one of our players actually use their body strength to hold the ball up. Very strong. Hope the moaners give him a break.

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #113 on: January 1, 2014, 05:15:24 pm »
He lacks confidence and his teammates don't seem to trust him.

He could've played Suarez through on one occasion but lacked the awareness to do so instead he went on the outside and tried to use his pace which is an instinctive move that he likes to do.

Offline KaiNo7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #114 on: January 1, 2014, 05:15:29 pm »
Though he was decent today tbf

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 1, 2014, 05:15:30 pm »
Best game he's had looked solid and got down that left hand side well.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #116 on: January 1, 2014, 05:17:14 pm »
I dont see why people are on this guys back. He played well, defended well got down the wing to attack etc.  I dont understand what faults people have with him. Great to also see one of our players actually use their body strength to hold the ball up. Very strong. Hope the moaners give him a break.
Couldn't agree more, he had one game where he was admittedly poor but he's been decent in all the other games, yet some posters here decided to write him off after one game...
As I've said in the match thread, I thought he defended well today, and got forward well on a few occasions in the second half. Let's hope it gives him a boost and he performs even better in the future games.

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #117 on: January 1, 2014, 05:20:27 pm »
I thought he did ok,no other options till we get Enrique and Flanno back so as long as he can keep improving with a game again on sunday then it all benefits us.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #118 on: January 1, 2014, 05:22:36 pm »

Agreed.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #119 on: January 1, 2014, 05:24:57 pm »
He had a very good game, for some people the fact he doesnt stand out in an attacking sense they seem to think he's having a bad game. He was nice and tidy today and I cant remember anyone going by him. Nice and solid well done Aly.