Author Topic: Aly Cissokho  (Read 174266 times)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Aly Cissokho
« on: November 17, 2013, 08:45:13 pm »
Our left back loanee loves it at Liverpool. Nice to hear.  :)  Hopefully he settles in, improves his play and fulfills his potential.

Aly Cissokho hopes for Liverpool stay
November 17, 2013

Valencia defender Aly Cissokho has said he would relish the chance to make his loan move to Liverpool permanent.

The left-back, 26, joined the Reds on a season-long loan deal in August, and has made five appearances in the Premier League so far.

"It's a great source of pride for me every day to be able to play with players like this and to represent a big club like Liverpool," Cissokho, who has won one international cap for France, told the club’s official website.

"It's a source of pride for all the coaches I had as a youth player. Of course, I am very happy to be here and I hope to stay here."

An injury to Jose Enrique has handed Cissokho the chance to impress, but he knows it will be tough to establish himself in manager Brendan Rodgers’ first-choice XI.

"To start with, when you want to play in a team like Liverpool, you have to expect that there's going to be high level of competition for each place, whether in central defence, midfield or in attack," he said.

"The season is long, and there are a lot of matches to come. The coach makes, and will continue to make, his decisions, and it's important to respect them so that the team can be in the best shape each Saturday."
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
Re: Aly Cissokho
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:49:05 pm »
I think that we know where this one is headed
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 08:49:48 pm »
Racist.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 08:57:50 pm »
Not good enough a stop gap most likely.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 09:00:20 pm »
Our left back loanee loves it at Liverpool. Nice to hear.  :)  Hopefully he settles in, improves his play and fulfills his potential.

He's 26. 'Potential' doesn't come into the equation. He's not suddenly going to become much better than what he has been for the last three or four years.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 09:07:54 pm »
Nothing wrong with supporting him though, is there? He's only played a handful of matches for us. Perhaps the coaching staff can mold him into someone useful for us. Nice to hear he likes the club. Maybe we can cheer him instead of ripping him in these early days? YNWA and all that. 
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 10:38:22 pm »
Exactly. It's not like he never had the talent or ability because believe me he did.

If Brendan can coax some of that talent out and make him a better player then he can do a job for us. Yes thus far he has been disappointing but lets see what happens in the next few months or so.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 10:44:55 pm »
He didn't look too bad against Newcastle (although he was caught napping for their second goal along with Sakho) and against Fulham & West Brom, he did well. Against lower half teams who aren't that good, he'll be a good option to rest/rotate Enrique but as we've seen against Arsenal, he really needs to up his game against the bigger teams.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 10:56:24 pm »
IF he sorts his fitness and his concentration out then I don't doubt he can be a decent player, but if we're aiming for champions league football and more, he'll really need to up his game if he wants to stay here IMO.

He's been poor so far.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 10:57:50 pm »
Fan of his, hope he'll get better rather sooner than later. Could offer more going forward though.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline lalchitri

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 11:57:24 pm »
He does have a career out of being a Ledley King lookalike to fall back on if all else fails...

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 02:48:34 am »
He has done Ok, Rodgers might be able to improve him just like he did with Downing and Henderson. You never know. Unless we get a left sided version of Johnson, He and Enrique are sufficient

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 02:58:59 am »
Yet to see anything that really impresses me. Doesn't seem to have a lot of guile in the way he plays, on all his highlights and every time i've seen him it's been a kick and rush down the line when he's beaten a man. Defensively he's okay but seems to get caught out occasionally and for such a powerful player he's lacks a bit of ticker. Has a decent cross but like Enrique is very one footed and his passing game is quite conservative.

I don't think he's a top fullback but with Enrique unfit he's still probably the best option we have. I do think though there's a bit of a hype machine over at Porto that helps them get inflated prices and he's still getting milage from his time over their when I suspect he caught a few people out with his game before he became a known player.

Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 03:53:40 am »
Hasn't been amazing but he's a new player in a new team playing a new system, where he's been injured and only played a handful of games anyway. Give him a proper chance.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 04:18:38 am »
Hasn't been amazing but he's a new player in a new team playing a new system, where he's been injured and only played a handful of games anyway. Give him a proper chance.

Exactly. He had been poor thus far, but he deserves a fucking chance to prove himself.  At the least he gives us an option at LB for the season. If he never improves we don't buy him. He has said all the right things, let's give him the patience any player deserves.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 04:38:52 am »
Yet to see anything that really impresses me. Doesn't seem to have a lot of guile in the way he plays, on all his highlights and every time i've seen him it's been a kick and rush down the line when he's beaten a man. Defensively he's okay but seems to get caught out occasionally and for such a powerful player he's lacks a bit of ticker. Has a decent cross but like Enrique is very one footed and his passing game is quite conservative.

I don't think he's a top fullback but with Enrique unfit he's still probably the best option we have. I do think though there's a bit of a hype machine over at Porto that helps them get inflated prices and he's still getting milage from his time over their when I suspect he caught a few people out with his game before he became a known player.

Another player who 'lacks a bit of a ticker' along with Allen according to big, brave you. Suppose you can play his position too?

Go 'ed, show us your cojones, big boy!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 05:43:38 am »
What was the reason for Cissokho suddenly finding himself out of favour at Valencia after only 6 months?  Was it new coach Valverde who didn't think he was good enough?

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 07:44:23 am »
Don't mind him really. He's not really ideal as a first choice but certainly a good squad option or backup left back to have when your first choice is out.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 07:49:24 am »
As back-up to Enrique we could do worse. He's possibly not a keeper but he's not a disgrace either.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 10:01:38 am »
Bring back PFK all is forgiven  ;D
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 10:07:26 am »
Technically very average from what we've seen so far. Makes Enrique look like a world beater which says it all really.

Doesn't have any standout qualities. He hasn't even looked 'solid' defensively the way Arbeloa did for us. No crossing ability either.

Was really expecting a lot more from him.

Phuk yoo

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 10:16:01 am »
a gnats wing between him and Enrique for me... glad hes on loan!

if he vastly improves, we keep him.... if he dont we give him back.... win/win!!
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 11:41:34 am »
He's no dossena and certainly not a pfk but he's been quite poor since he arrived, and for the last few years.

He was genuinely one of the best left backs in the world 5 years ago, so it'll be up to Brendan to see whether he can coach that ability back to the surface.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 11:46:04 am »
If we are to see Brendan help him rediscover his best form, it won't be until after Christmas, so as far I'm concerned it's best to reserve judgement until then.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 01:22:15 pm »
People have mentioned how good he's been a few years back but its something I've not seen myself.

I know he's only played 4 games or so but when his name appears on the team-sheet I'm genuinely worried, to me he just doesn't look arsed.

I really hope Enrique is fully fit for the game against the bitters at the weekend.

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 01:59:47 pm »
People have mentioned how good he's been a few years back but its something I've not seen myself.

I know he's only played 4 games or so but when his name appears on the team-sheet I'm genuinely worried, to me he just doesn't look arsed.

I really hope Enrique is fully fit for the game against the bitters at the weekend.

Tony the bit in that post of yours which is relevant is he has only played 4 games, its not like your mind is made up already or anything is it. ;)
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:50 pm »
He's played more then 4 games in his career though.

He's just not up to it.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 02:34:20 pm »
The worrying thing with him is that he doesn't seem to be switched on and in tune with the positional requirements at times. Gets beaten too easily down the flank, and doesn't seem to be that potent in terms of attacking threat, at least not yet.

I'm hoping we have Enrique back for the derby, but it sounded like he's not going to be able to make it.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 03:07:44 pm »
to early to judge, he's had what 5 or 6 starts and in a new league, lets see at the back end of the season if this guy is good enough to be a  future permanent fixture and worthy of a permanent signing.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 03:12:52 pm »
I don't think "positional sense"/spatial awareness can be permanently lost by a player absent a traumatic head injury.

I am sure PoP and others more expert in this area will correct me if I am wrong.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 03:33:09 pm »
Cissokho hasn't shown to me he is good enough to be an LFC squad player. I would much prefer for BR to bring in the real deal, a player who will give natural balance to the team.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 04:20:23 pm »
I think it's way to early to judge a player that has barely played in the last year, has come to a new team playing a new system and in a new league. He looked very focussed against Fulham and made no mistakes and contributed well. It was an easy game but it was the game he was in. Brendan was instructing him throughout the game and he did quite well I thought.

I will give him a lot more time before I pass judgement on him. I've seen way too many players come good after more than a few games. Crouch took what 20 game sot score? Downing improved markedly last season. Etc etc.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 04:21:38 pm »

I will give him a lot more time before I pass judgement on him. I've seen way too many players come good after more than a few games. Crouch took what 20 game sot score? Downing improved markedly last season. Etc etc.

Yes, but he is only on loan.

Offline Jehst1979

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 04:44:44 pm »
Just a stop gap, no where near good enough for where we need to be going, seems like a good guy but hopefully he'll be back at Valencia come the Summer.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 05:40:31 pm »
As back-up to Enrique we could do worse. He's possibly not a keeper but he's not a disgrace either.

Definitely not a keeper. Might make a decent left back though. ;)

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 05:47:11 pm »
I don't think he's a long term option. Aly is a decent guy to have on the bench, but he's not better than Enrique. Really, it should be Enrique as the bench / squad option, with better player playing ahead of him, and that player is not Cissokho. With Siqueira only on loan at Benfica, it wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers went back in for him next summer.

There seems to be a shortage of real quality fullbacks that are available, at the moment. Anyone else agree?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 06:46:46 pm »
Exactly. He had been poor thus far, but he deserves a fucking chance to prove himself.  At the least he gives us an option at LB for the season. If he never improves we don't buy him. He has said all the right things, let's give him the patience any player deserves.
Agree completely, so far he has been very average as we all know but he really hasn't done anything drastic to warrant some of the stick he gets here... Give him time and i think he will improve a lot.

Offline MTred406

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 07:19:15 pm »
I know everyone says we should give him a chance to settle and his performances may improve, but I just don't see that happening.  With some players you can see the potential even if it isn't quite working out for them.  In all of his performances for Liverpool I can't remember even one moment where something he did stood out as exceptional and made me think okay that's why we signed him lets hope he can do that again.  He's not slow but he's not fast either, he has an impressive physique but doesn't seem to use it to his advantage, and he seems uncomfortable going forward preferring to move the ball on rather than advance it himself.  It makes sense why Valencia wanted a sale instead of loan, because I don't think he's improved his stock so far on his loan spell here and I certainly can't see us buying him permanently.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 07:50:36 pm »
Aly Cissokho = the new Hendo/Allen/Lucas etc.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2013, 08:32:13 pm »
Aly Cissokho = the new Hendo/Allen/Lucas etc.

Um, no.

He's 26, not in his early twenties, and has already played for Porto, Lyon, and Valencia. As people have already said, he's not exactly set the world alight at those clubs so we can't really expect him to become that much better than what he's already shown. Being a semi-decent understudy to Enrique in games against inferior opposition is alright, but against decent/good opposition I shudder when I see his name on the teamsheet.