Author Topic: Oussama Assaidi..  (Read 78858 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Oussama Assaidi..
« Reply #160 on: January 1, 2014, 08:02:49 pm »
Have noticed him a few times at the Academy. Shows that he's still got his heart set on playing for us. If he continues like this, I hope he gets it.

my guess is if/when he does get a chance, he'll play out of his skin to impress the powers that be....all good
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 1, 2014, 08:06:13 pm »
I hope he gets a chance here. I think we could do with him on the bench atm (at the very least). I think this will be another "Aquilani case" though

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #162 on: January 1, 2014, 08:15:11 pm »
Made up we are finally making use of the loan system and getting players who need games time on the pitch. It could make the difference between Assaidi having a career here or not.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2014, 08:17:00 pm by Al 555 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: January 1, 2014, 08:20:54 pm »
The lad is far better than Moses with twice the spirit and effort. Hope he keeps it up for us next year  ;D

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 1, 2014, 08:26:19 pm »
I hope he gets a chance here. I think we could do with him on the bench atm (at the very least). I think this will be another "Aquilani case" though

Aquilani didn't want to be here.

I think it's a win win for us with Assaidi. Either he carries on, proves himself in the league and comes back to us as a genuine option for the first team. Or we get to sell him for £10m to Stoke/another midtable/lower league side and make some money off the signing. I think he's making more of an impact on our season by being at Stoke than he would here at the moment though! Denies a point to Chelsea and holds Everton to a point today.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #165 on: January 1, 2014, 08:39:31 pm »
He's done well on loan but he's still not good enough for us and doesn't fit into our way of play. Seems perfect for a small team where no-one is bothered that he slows down play and would engineer a 1on1 than pop the ball off quickly.

If we can recoup the money spent on him and make a small profit then that would be great.

« Reply #166 on: January 1, 2014, 08:40:46 pm »
Assaidi finally showing his quality in this league is good for us. I still don't think he has enough quality to play for us but I can see a few Prem teams willing to double our 3M investment in him if he continues to improve.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 1, 2014, 08:50:23 pm »
Loan was well worth it just to see him tear blue shit player of the season contender Coleman to shreds  ;D

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #168 on: January 1, 2014, 08:57:20 pm »
Some players take a season to settle. Maybe Assaidi is getting his settling period over and done with at Stoke. If not hopefully we can sell at a bit of a profit.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #169 on: January 1, 2014, 08:58:41 pm »
Good on him. Will make a good career in the Premier League, one way or another.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #170 on: January 1, 2014, 09:02:11 pm »
Done us a few favours already this season by taking points off direct rivals, well in
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #171 on: January 1, 2014, 09:38:58 pm »
Two posts since a 2-0 win, one is to criticise Aspas, the other Moses.

And your point is...?

Offline El_Pelusa_10

• Kopite
  • Diego Armando Maradona-Greatest Player Of All Time
« Reply #172 on: January 1, 2014, 09:49:52 pm »
Wasnt it Andros Townsend who was saying that Sterling was raving about Assaidi to everyone?? Or something like that?

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
« Reply #173 on: January 1, 2014, 09:49:57 pm »
Done us a few favours already this season by taking points off direct rivals, well in

money well spent ;D

Offline pudgethemidget

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: January 1, 2014, 09:53:13 pm »
And your point is...?

Don't be a negative cock the whole time? They usually don't last well here. Especially after a win.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #175 on: January 1, 2014, 09:58:42 pm »
money well spent ;D
we should by talented goalscorers, loan them to mid to bottom of the table teams and put in restrictions that they cannot play us. Brilliant strategy going forward.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #176 on: January 1, 2014, 10:04:51 pm »
And your point is...?
If you don't see my point it hardly seems worth explaining it.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 1, 2014, 10:16:16 pm »
I feel Rodgers may not have given him much game time as he's not great at tracking back and occasionally forgets to look up at what's around him.

Hopefully he returns. Decent squad option with the possibility of becoming more. I can't see what Salah offers more than him to be honest from the few games I've seen him play.
YNWA.

Offline Tom18

• Kopite
« Reply #178 on: January 1, 2014, 10:37:52 pm »
I'm just glad he can't play against us in his current form! :)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 1, 2014, 10:40:57 pm »
Think he'll be a decent squad player. Hopefully he's not one of the players that you can get away with at a club like Stoke (like Adam etc...) but lacks the work rate and consistency to be at a top club
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 1, 2014, 10:44:01 pm »
This loan was a great move by the club. He'll come back here a better player and hopefully make an impact, probably from the bench.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #181 on: January 1, 2014, 10:47:54 pm »
I feel Rodgers may not have given him much game time as he's not great at tracking back and occasionally forgets to look up at what's around him.

Hopefully he returns. Decent squad option with the possibility of becoming more. I can't see what Salah offers more than him to be honest from the few games I've seen him play.
I think his biggest problem was that although he would tie his full back up in knots,  there was very little in the way of end product. I think the only assist he made was against WBA in the cup.

He also seemed more of a chalk on the boots type of winger who preferred going round the outside of his defender and crossing the ball and I don't think that is what Rodgers looks for in his wide men. He wants the wide forwards to play within the frame of the goal as we now see with Sterling.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #182 on: January 1, 2014, 10:52:15 pm »
Tbf to him he'll probably realise himself that he's not gonna get much of a chance of a startin place next therm.Couldn't blame him for wanting to stay at Stoke or go elsewhere.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 2, 2014, 12:15:02 am »
Interesting on that site how he's supposedly really committed to making it here. He did say the other week that he was in regular text contact with Brendan so there is a good chance it's true. Makes you wonder why he didn't get more of a go last season. If he is dedicated then you'd think he'd try in training, and he seems like he'd be the type of player who is really impressive in small training games too.

Glad he's doing well though, and we're doing even better so can't really complain too much.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2014, 12:17:51 am by Bakez0151 »

Offline snowman

• Kemlynite
  • Stalking Daniel Sturridge.
« Reply #184 on: January 2, 2014, 12:20:01 am »
The lad is far better than Moses with twice the spirit and effort. Hope he keeps it up for us next year  ;D

Said that the day Moses arrived. I see nothing in Moses, Assaidi is far better.

Good for him to prove he can make it in the league though, will be handy to have back in the rotation next season.

Offline pelevin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #185 on: January 2, 2014, 12:30:14 am »
Like others are mentioning, maybe Assaidi isn't good enough for us - I've not seen enough to really have much of an opinion but when I have seen him, I've generally liked his attitude and he's been pretty dangerous. By contrast have seen roughly zero to be impressed with from Moses in any sense.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #186 on: January 2, 2014, 12:37:06 am »
we should by talented goalscorers, loan them to mid to bottom of the table teams and put in restrictions that they cannot play us. Brilliant strategy going forward.

Chelsea have been doing this for a while now.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Hollywood Balls

• Pine Wood Cock
  • Kopite
  • "Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville."
« Reply #187 on: January 2, 2014, 12:42:16 am »
He's playing the "Moses" role  better than Moses.

Since watching his first interview on LFC TV when he joned the club ive always found him to be quite endearing - hope he makes a success of his time with us.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts: CAN'T LOSE!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #188 on: January 2, 2014, 12:44:27 am »
Once again he shows he has a destructive shot. But Brendan won't have liked the build-up to the Everton pen.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 2, 2014, 01:02:46 am »
He's good enough to play for us when we need to rotate the squad, or when we need someone to come off the bench, beat his man and do something special.

I definitely want him to stay.

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #190 on: January 2, 2014, 03:11:42 am »
Wonder if we can swap him with Moses? :(

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
« Reply #191 on: January 2, 2014, 03:37:27 am »
Wonder if we can swap him with Moses? :(
don't think Stoke would take Moses
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 2, 2014, 03:48:50 am »
The best way to strengthen our squad is bring in players who will actually improve the starting 11, thereby making backups of our current starters (who've been excellent recently). The only relevant question to ask is "is Assaidi good enough to displace Sterling or Coutinho from the starting 11". On current, past evidence, I'd say that's a definite no.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 2, 2014, 04:11:00 am »
The best way to strengthen our squad is bring in players who will actually improve the starting 11, thereby making backups of our current starters (who've been excellent recently). The only relevant question to ask is "is Assaidi good enough to displace Sterling or Coutinho from the starting 11". On current, past evidence, I'd say that's a definite no.

In real life it ain't that simple unless you're Man City or Chelsea etc. We don't have the money to strengthen the squad that way.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 2, 2014, 04:19:01 am »

On the evidence as you say, Assaidi has more goals than Coutinho this season in a worse side, and for us, he put in two MOTM worthy performances in 5 starts. From the little evidence we have, there is little reason for you to think that it is a definite no that he couldn't perform to the standard of Couthino and Sterling with a run in the team that Sterling and Coutinho have had.

Offline apocalypse

• Kopite
« Reply #195 on: January 2, 2014, 04:30:24 am »

He's already our player. I'd much rather have someone who's committed, goes to youth matches, and is better than a certain Chelsea fellow coming off the bench.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #196 on: January 2, 2014, 05:34:20 am »
Well in lad, I hope he continues this form and comes back and shows his worth!
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #197 on: January 2, 2014, 05:40:38 am »
Well in lad, I hope he continues this form and comes back and shows his worth!

About £7m I reckon. Stoke are a bit tighter with the money these days.

edit: Happy that Assaidi's getting a little bit of attention, and may even have found a club where he'll be appreciated for the odd goal and where he'll stand out as a remarkable football player amongst a hell of a lot of cloggers. But, if you really think he'd push Sterling or Coutinho (on current form) for a place in the team, or be an improvement on Moses, I've got to say I can't see it. Assaidi's party piece is cutting in on his right foot and twatting it very hard in the general direction of the goal. Wonderful when it pays off, utterly wasteful when it doesn't and he's not spotted the man free he should have passed to. He's also got this bewildering habit of beating a man, then stopping, then trying to beat him again. Makes him look like Stanley Matthews in comparison to Stoke's usual standard of winger, would be an absolute liability here. Don't think Moses is the answer to many questions I can think of, but that's at least several more than I can imagine Assaidi being the answer for. He's 25, not a kid. This is him, in prime form, in an absolute purple patch, still being pretty distinctly average in a pretty distinctly average mid-table Premier League team. Glad it's going well for him but those of you on here slagging Moses off whilst lauding Assaidi aren't half going to be in for a surprise if it's Assaidi being brought off the bench to replace Coutinho or Sterling next season.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2014, 06:10:05 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 2, 2014, 07:00:26 am »
About £7m I reckon.

... lots of things about how poor Assaidi is ...

How the hell do you value him at £7m when you only have negative things to say about him?!?!?!

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #199 on: January 2, 2014, 07:35:25 am »
How the hell do you value him at £7m when you only have negative things to say about him?!?!?!

I used empathy to get into Mark Hughes' mis-shapen sore of a head.

More seriously. He's not shite. He's got pace, he can dribble and he offers a sporadic goal threat. For some teams, that will far outweigh the things which meant Rodgers looked to teenagers over him when he was in our squad.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2014, 07:48:18 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."