Author Topic: Fernando Torres  (Read 584390 times)

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
Re: Fernando Torres
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2011, 05:13:15 pm »
The constant sulking, the constant moaning, the constant lack of effort the handing in a transfer request on the last day of the transfer window he left in the most unproffesional way possible leaving us with little time to find a replacement. Plus we weren't in a crisis at all we had Dalglish back, we had new owners, we had just signed Suarez. We were in a poor place in the league but there was a massive buzz back in the club again. And like I said his post transfer comments were a fucking disgrace and showed a complete lack of respect to the club and us fans, he deserves everything he is getting for his comments alone. Now this really is the last thing I'm saying about it.

I agree on the timing thing, blame him for that but i still think we were in a crisis, or we had just come out of one but had no idea if we were moving forward or not. Kenny was only back for 2 weeks then wasn't it? Managed one game against Chelsea in which Torres scored IIRC. It was looking good with Suarez and Kenny but we had no idea it would turn out the way it has. We had to just wait it and and see how the rest of the season went which i guess is something Torres didn't want to do. Got a impatient with all the change or something. He clearly made the wrong decision and its his loss but i still feel he should not be shunned that quickly.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2011, 05:13:22 pm »
I think he lost his spirit. Too many injuries, too many problems at the club dragged him down and broke him. He used to look so happy scoring goals, but last season, even when he did score, he just never looked the same anymore. He looks jaded and depressed now. Such a shame.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2011, 05:13:22 pm »
I know from a very good source that he regrets moving there and is hankering for a move back to Spain already. He also misses Liverpool as a city but i'm not so sure the club and he was extremely gutted/angry about those little whoppers burning his shirt the night he left.

There was a lot of tension between him and a couple of senior players towards the end, which i think has come across in said players interviews since he has left. I loved the lad but the way he left, he can rot down there, maybe small time but so be it.

You missed us before we missed you Nando. 
Very interesting.

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2011, 05:13:38 pm »
The constant sulking, the constant moaning, the constant lack of effort the handing in a transfer request on the last day of the transfer window he left in the most unproffesional way possible leaving us with little time to find a replacement. Plus we weren't in a crisis at all we had Dalglish back, we had new owners, we had just signed Suarez. We were in a poor place in the league but there was a massive buzz back in the club again. And like I said his post transfer comments were a fucking disgrace and showed a complete lack of respect to the club and us fans, he deserves everything he is getting for his comments alone. Now this really is the last thing I'm saying about it.
The whole squad lacked effort under Hodgson, I remember him winning the Bolton and Chelsea games for us.

Who knows what happened with the transfer request? He might of been forced to leave as soon as Chelsea offered 40 million, we don't know. He was obviously unhappy the way we were playing, and he was promised quality players to help us improve. He was also rushed back from injury by Purslow. Remember he was an Atletico Madrid fan, he came here to win things.

His post transfer comments where horrible but wouldnt you feel like that with the amount of bile coming from our supporters after we left? Anyways, who cares, we got the better deal and it helped transform our club.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2011, 05:15:32 pm »
How many games have you seen him play for us to come to that conclusion?

same as you, don't get me wrong I want him to succeed just not a fan of his style of play
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2011, 05:17:13 pm »
same as you, don't get me wrong I want him to succeed just not a fan of his style of play

His style? or do you mean the way we play when he starts?
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2011, 05:17:32 pm »
wouldn't  surprise me if anzhi (the rich Russian club that bought Eto ) came in and took him  but would i take him back ? in a heart beat some players are just suited for some clubs and liverpool and torres were made for each other ok he said some stupid shit once he left  but for me it was a mix of his agent in his ear and a load of false promises have i forgiven him no but could i yes  after one of the greatest strikers ive ever seen in a liverpool strip (only 22 mind ) watch the video below and tell me you dont have a smile on your face

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JnoVmWoqiyk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JnoVmWoqiyk</a>

81 goals in 126 appearances. Fuck he was good.

Offline martinkelly

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2011, 05:17:34 pm »
I really, really hate seeing him like this, but I wish I didn't.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2011, 05:18:14 pm »

Fair enough, I'm pretty sure he'll prove you and a lot of his doubters wrong once he gets firing but I guess that's for another thread.

On topic, as much as I abhor how Torres treated us in the end I still hope he ressurrects his career as special players of his ilk are few and far
between.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Third Account

• Main Stander
« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2011, 05:19:27 pm »
I'd rather have Torres back in January more than when Owen was possibly going to return but ended up choosing Newcastle. I could forgive him if you took a reduction in wages from both his massive Chelsea pay check and the terms he was on before he left.

Suarez, Torres and Bellamy on the bench. Our top three strikers.  8)

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2011, 05:19:33 pm »
I'm more annoyed that we brought in Carroll, don't like the style of player he is and it's clear to me that he does not fit into our style of play and I'm concerned he's not the answer

I don't like the fact we rushed into buying Carroll and had to pay an over-inflated fee as a result but we have no idea how he is going to turn out as a player. Things are still very much in his favour.

Offline Specimen A

• Main Stander
  • Sydneysider
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2011, 05:20:26 pm »
He just doesn't look graceful, looks to be uneasy and maybe even off centre when running if thats possible. That injury before the world cup started, rushing back from a knee op which is crucial in movement, speed control and acceleration (having been through it myself multiple times) is a big no no. Then you could see it at WC2010.

His first goal for LFC, you see how easy and seamless it was. Even the Euro2008 final where he just went past Lahm so easily looking effortless, just like a world class player does.

But looking at his last goals for us bar the screamer vs Chelsea, they were all created by someone else or through balls which Chelsea rarely have done, unlike his older goals 07-09 where he could just create something himself if nothing was happening. Defenders don't fear him and back off anymore.

Even though I despise him leaving, I never genuinely wished his career would back-peddle this far, as he was once a joy to watch.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2011, 05:20:46 pm »
Fuck it, I'd take him back. I'm still not writing him off in a Chelsea shirt though, he still has the ability to be World Class. It's just a question if he's mentally ready to take that on.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2011, 05:23:10 pm »
Scored a bucket load of goals and then started to think 'what's in this for me?'.

I know the club was fucked but truly great players would have pushed hard to bring in medals.  This fucker started to think he wasn't even part of the problem.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2011, 05:23:47 pm »
His style? or do you mean the way we play when he starts?

bit of both to be honest. Don't want to derail the thread, would of preferred a striker to fit into our system than the other way round just like Chelsea and Torres situation if you ask me
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2011, 05:24:12 pm »
He is fast becoming the spanish Michael Owen (with a world cup/Euro medal)

Least we got good money for Torres unlike...

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2011, 05:27:31 pm »
I often have contrasting emotions when it comes to Fernando Torres, on one hand I cant forget how much of a fantastic player he was with us, and probably at one time the greatest striker on the planet. He gave me a lot of great memories and happy times.

On the other hand, the way he left us and threw back all our loyalty and affection back in our faces still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. A tiny part of me does feel sorry for the lad, but the majority of me actually wants him to fail, I want him to continue not scoring and fall out with Chelsea before moving on. Thats probably because I hate Chelsea and would love nothing more to see them waste £50million.

I still cant decide though if the lad is just going through a dry patch, or he has geniunely lost what he had.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2011, 05:27:35 pm »
Carroll will come good.  I think Dalglish has raised the standard in terms of what is acceptable.  I don't think we will see people hiding anymore, just picking up a pay cheque.  If you are not performing, you will soon be on your way.  I think Carroll is determined enough to prove himself.

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2011, 05:29:45 pm »
Fair enough, I'm pretty sure he'll prove you and a lot of his doubters wrong once he gets firing but I guess that's for another thread.

On topic, as much as I abhor how Torres treated us in the end I still hope he ressurrects his career as special players of his ilk are few and far
between.

In that same vein I think it's too early to write him off.  He and Carroll are playing in teams that play a different kind system that made them prolific in the first place.  It's a case of if they can adjust, because you know both will get goals if they can build some sort of understanding with their teammates.

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2011, 05:30:31 pm »

At least Owen scored 15 goals coming off the bench in his Real Madrid season

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2011, 05:32:17 pm »
Can't say I want him to succeed where he is but don't think his bridges are totally burnt Owen-style.  For £10m - £15m I might let him back in but he'd have to eat a fair slice of humble pie and take on board very quickly LFC is back about being a team and not about individuals.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2011, 05:33:16 pm »
I know from a very good source that he regrets moving there and is hankering for a move back to Spain already. He also misses Liverpool as a city but i'm not so sure the club and he was extremely gutted/angry about those little whoppers burning his shirt the night he left.

There was a lot of tension between him and a couple of senior players towards the end, which i think has come across in said players interviews since he has left. I loved the lad but the way he left, he can rot down there, maybe small time but so be it.

You missed us before we missed you Nando.

we all know who your source is so its safe to say you know who source is legit  as for the players carra and who else ? stevie ?

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2011, 05:34:35 pm »
He just doesn't look graceful, looks to be uneasy and maybe even off centre when running if thats possible. That injury before the world cup started, rushing back from a knee op which is crucial in movement, speed control and acceleration (having been through it myself multiple times) is a big no no. Then you could see it at WC2010.

His first goal for LFC, you see how easy and seamless it was. Even the Euro2008 final where he just went past Lahm so easily looking effortless, just like a world class player does.

But looking at his last goals for us bar the screamer vs Chelsea, they were all created by someone else or through balls which Chelsea rarely have done, unlike his older goals 07-09 where he could just create something himself if nothing was happening. Defenders don't fear him and back off anymore.

Even though I despise him leaving, I never genuinely wished his career would back-peddle this far, as he was once a joy to watch.

Out of curiosity, how true is the story that Rafa was kept in the dark about Torres' injury by the previous medical staff at the behest of Purslow?  If that is true then that is what possibly ruined that world-class ability forever

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2011, 05:35:43 pm »
That Rafa was such a shit man-manager, wasn't he, anyone else would have had Torres scoring for fun.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2011, 05:37:44 pm »

I don't think that's fair. Ok, the timing of his leaving sank as we had new owners, a new manager and things looked to be on the up. But he, like everyone else, had to put up with 3 years of shite and 3 years of broken promises. He left his boyhood club to come here in the hope of winning things and didn't win anything. He would be 28 by the time we had any possibility of getting back into the Champions League and maybe older before we had a big chance of winning it or the league title. So I do understand his point of view. Like I said, the timing of it stank more than anything else but life's to short to hate - he gave us some good times and we move on. Same with Raul, albeit to a lesser extent. He didn't do anything particularly wrong, yet people on here loathe him for leaving. Owen is a jumped up little shit whose sole motivations are to play for England, make shitloads of money and have a medal on his mantlepiece, regardless of whether he earned it or not and not necessarily in that order.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2011, 05:38:02 pm »
madrid....arsenal....the scum.....reading......the bitters.... so many memories. That fucking fantastic goal he got when he chested, turned and smacked it in top corner from the ball by jammer at anfield (cant remember against who)

he changed the way i viewed football and footballers in general for ever with his exit and the manner in which it was finalised.

nothing suprises me anymore, absolutley nothing. if he signed for the SCUM, it wouldnt suprise me in the slightest.

never knew i could hold so much hatred for somone i dont even personally know, let a lone a footballer, a former idol!!

the anger has resided theses days and like many, i pity him if anything.

yes, i would take him back-obviously at a knock down fee. can you look at it this way....would you rather carol or torres? on paper i know who id pick but i dont think he will ever recapture his best form when playing for us.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2011, 05:38:41 pm »
He might be available in Jan, just throwing out there...
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2011, 05:38:46 pm »
I think most in here have covered where it isn't working for him. I said I would not write him off last season until I saw him after a rest and a full pre-season under his belt for this term. I saw Chelsea's opening game and thought he looked sharp and hungry. A goal might well have lit a fire well and truly under him in those first two games but it seems it may have died out already. That suggests to me it is all about confidence, not fitness concerns.

As for getting him back? Will never happen. The reality of that would be too much for Chelsea and Torres to swallow

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2011, 05:40:08 pm »
Forget that he may be available I don't think we'll have him back.

Offline Bondred

• Wouldn't know a palindrome from an emordnilap. Hi, I'm Bond. Blames Bond.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2011, 05:41:42 pm »
The overwhelming thing I have captured from this Torres business, is that so many people on the forums are young, and have never experienced a great player leaving before.

Yeah he was great, scored some great great goals, won us some matches we shouldn't have won, but he chose to leave. Yeah it was sad at the time for around 5 mins, but oh well things move on.

He isn't the first (or the best) great player to leave, and he wont be the last.
'If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.'

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2011, 05:42:05 pm »
He has lost that yard of pace, and most importantly that acceleration.

You're not going to catch him if he gets played through on goal, even now. But there was a time where you need two defenders to get goalside of Torres to stop him. You don't need that any more. If you get between Torres and the goal these days he's not likely to beat you. All he's got left is his ability to work half a yard for himself like he did against Chelsea for his 2nd goal last year.

He's a bigger, stronger Owen nowadays. Once his ability to beat a defender 1-vs-1 disappeared so did anything special about him. He's never been the most clinical finisher out there (although he's much better than I ever thought he'd be at Atleti). Once you take away his ability to create a goal for himself, which he's obviously lost, he's not that good.

I don't know why, but it makes me sad to hear that, even though he doesn't play for us any more

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2011, 05:42:28 pm »
There's no way Kenny would take him back. Not a fucking chance.

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2011, 05:44:11 pm »
That Rafa was such a shit man-manager, wasn't he, anyone else would have had Torres scoring for fun.

this

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2011, 05:46:04 pm »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline m4Rco

• Kopite
  • wat
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2011, 05:47:11 pm »
Although Kenny wouldn't take him back, I would. So many great memories. It hurts seeing him like this but it's what he wanted, no?...
#8 Steven Gerrard
There was no miracle in Istanbul. It was just a man inspiring other men to victory. A man with whom you'll never walk alone.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2011, 05:47:14 pm »

Exactly. He burned all his bridges here and Kenny has far too much integrity to accept him back, even if he wanted to, which he probably doesn't anyway. Oh yeah, and the fans don't want him back either. Oh yeah, and he should his team mates how hard he was willing to work for them so I can't imagine any of them ever being pleased at the prospect of having him back.

Everyone should shut the fuck up about that. There is no way in hell Torres is ever coming back to Liverpool. We don't want him, he doesn't want us.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2011, 05:47:17 pm »
Too true.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2011, 05:48:43 pm »
Makes me happy the c*nt is failing for the way he went about things. No sympathy, you made yer bed "Nando" now lie in it. Grass isnt always greener is it?
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2011, 05:49:56 pm »
we all know who your source is so its safe to say you know who source is legit  as for the players carra and who else ? stevie ?

I dont know who his source is, care to tell?  :-[

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2011, 05:50:49 pm »
He didn't realise what he had here. Benitez made him the player he was, and we as a club made him him the huge star he was, and he threw it all away for CL footy and a short cut to success, which is ironic given, and I really believe this, that Chelsea aren't that far ahead of us. That said I'd have him back tomorrow, don't think he'll ever be as good in another shirt. Sometimes it just fits
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.