Author Topic: Fernando Torres  (Read 587067 times)

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Fernando Torres
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2011, 06:27:10 pm »
Hyypia left about as amicably as it gets

Offline Godmadebloodred

• Legacy Fan
  • The Beanitezls
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2011, 06:28:03 pm »
I'd have him back in two heartbeats.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2011, 06:28:21 pm »
I think the injuries took a lot out of him to be honest. Doesn't look even close to the same player that he was in his first couple of seasons with us. Looks clumsy on the ball, when he's running he looks like he's running through treacle & his shooting is interesting to say the least.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2011, 06:29:29 pm »
Mascherano was desperate and had been promised that he'd be allowed to leave after he'd given us an extra season of great service, one of the few to come out of 09/10 with any credit. Plus he was being managed by Roy Hodgson, and was being prevented from moving to one of the best teams of all time. At the time I was furious, but looking back you can see why he didn't play against Man City

Think he acted a bit of a c*nt really, we knocked a bid back from Barca it happens in most transfers.

I'd rather he got his head down and acted like a professional while negations took there natural course.

He'd of got his move, the leeches were just holding out for more money.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2011, 06:31:00 pm »
I still refuse to write the guy off. If he started the next game and scored, and went on a scoring run from there then I don't think many would see it as too much of a surprise. I think people, certinaly Liverpool fans, are still cautious about coming over smug after his move, for fear of him rediscovering his old form. He could click into gear at any time.

I have only seen 1 Chelsea match this season - the rest I have seen highlights on MOTD. However, the first game I thought he looked very sharp in his turning and his quick feet. Luck just seems to be deserting him upfront at the minute.

It is strange that it is now 22 games and only 1 goal. It's probably a combination of things - adapting to how Chelsea play, maybe fitness isn't 100%, confidence, competition for places etc...

The guy is a goalscorer. I don't think the lack of goals is solely down to the way Chelsea play. I really don't. He has had opportunities, he just isn't taking them. Torres oF 2 seasons ago might have had 10 goals in those 22 games. Maybe more. I believe it's a culmination of reasons the contribute to his lack of form.

To be dropped for Spain though, that must have hurt him hard.

He looks unhappy there but I'm waiting for the day to come when he finally scores and he goes on a run of goals.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2011, 06:33:47 pm »
Has this been posted yet?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14886771.stm

Fernando Torres has been told to explain an interview in which he seemed to criticise Chelsea team-mates.
Torres, 27, spoke to the website of Spain's Primera Liga last week, with a translation appearing on his personal website which quoted him as saying the club's older players were "very slow."
The striker has insisted he was misquoted in the English translation.
However Chelsea, who are seeking an original Spanish version, are unlikely to fine the player.
Torres' interview was authorised by the club - had it not been he would have faced heavier censure - but he is still set to have to explain the contents to manager Andre Villas-Boas.
While the English translation carried the direct criticism of team-mates, a Spanish version on his site carried a line that translated as saying the team "play very slowly".
Keen to get an original version, Villas-Boas said: "We are going in-depth to regain the tape of that interview.
"We'll see if things play exactly as they are in that interview."
Asked what action would be taken if the translation proved accurate, the Portuguese said: "We'd just talk. Just talk to share opinion.
"If it was unauthorised, I'd fine him, of course. Anyhow, it's one player's perspective.
"I don't think it's a perspective that the manager shares. I don't have to share my players' ideas sometimes.
"I think we have competence, apart from the 'age problem', which for me is not a problem.
"Maybe we just have to speak about that situation and he has to see our view as well."
In the original interview, Torres admitted that it had taken him longer to settle at Chelsea than he would have predicted.
Despite becoming the most expensive player in British football when he completed a £50m move from Liverpool in January he has since scored just once in 22 club matches, was not involved in Spain's Euro 2010 qualifier against Liechtenstein last week and found himself restricted to a late cameo in Saturday's Premier League win at Sunderland.
Declining to say whether Torres was in line for an immediate recall for Tuesday's Champions League opener against Bayer Leverkusen, Villas-Boas said he hoped being dropped could add as extra motivation.
"I think any player who's not part of the squad or the selected players is not happy," he said.
"I'm glad because maybe you can stimulate them to go one step further, or motivate them a bit more."
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2011, 06:35:56 pm »
Has this been posted yet?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14886771.stm

Fernando Torres has been told to explain an interview in which he seemed to criticise Chelsea team-mates.
Torres, 27, spoke to the website of Spain's Primera Liga last week, with a translation appearing on his personal website which quoted him as saying the club's older players were "very slow."
The striker has insisted he was misquoted in the English translation.
However Chelsea, who are seeking an original Spanish version, are unlikely to fine the player.
Torres' interview was authorised by the club - had it not been he would have faced heavier censure - but he is still set to have to explain the contents to manager Andre Villas-Boas.
While the English translation carried the direct criticism of team-mates, a Spanish version on his site carried a line that translated as saying the team "play very slowly".
Keen to get an original version, Villas-Boas said: "We are going in-depth to regain the tape of that interview.
"We'll see if things play exactly as they are in that interview."
Asked what action would be taken if the translation proved accurate, the Portuguese said: "We'd just talk. Just talk to share opinion.
"If it was unauthorised, I'd fine him, of course. Anyhow, it's one player's perspective.
"I don't think it's a perspective that the manager shares. I don't have to share my players' ideas sometimes.
"I think we have competence, apart from the 'age problem', which for me is not a problem.
"Maybe we just have to speak about that situation and he has to see our view as well."
In the original interview, Torres admitted that it had taken him longer to settle at Chelsea than he would have predicted.
Despite becoming the most expensive player in British football when he completed a £50m move from Liverpool in January he has since scored just once in 22 club matches, was not involved in Spain's Euro 2010 qualifier against Liechtenstein last week and found himself restricted to a late cameo in Saturday's Premier League win at Sunderland.
Declining to say whether Torres was in line for an immediate recall for Tuesday's Champions League opener against Bayer Leverkusen, Villas-Boas said he hoped being dropped could add as extra motivation.
"I think any player who's not part of the squad or the selected players is not happy," he said.
"I'm glad because maybe you can stimulate them to go one step further, or motivate them a bit more."
Either he's angling for a move, or AVB is trying to push him out.

Offline SalifSaysShutIt

• Main Stander
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2011, 06:36:30 pm »
Whatever, the guy is a headcase. He's learning the hard way that he's not all he's cracked himself up to be. Chelsea are fine without him. Liverpool are fine without him.

Don't want him back, we have moved on and he wouldn't fit in. Schadenfreude it may be, but I always check the Chelsea scorelines just to make sure he hasn't scored. The longer this goes on the better the deal looks for us.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2011, 06:39:06 pm »
I cursed him when he left here because of the way he handled himself, that interview on Chelsea t.v left me devastated in a way I wouldn't have thought possible. I hoped he would never score another goal, i hoped he would never win a trophy and, even worse some would say, I wished him injury and personal misfortune.
 However, they say time is a great healer. Well not in my fucking case it isn't, because I still wish him all of those things in spades the jumped-up little gobshite! Every minute he goes without scoring I celebrate more and it's a joy to behold his miserable grid as he trudges off after another abject display.
 I see it's still everyone else's fault though, just like it was when he was here.  :wanker

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2011, 06:41:09 pm »
he never gave a fuck when we was shit so why should we be concerned about him and his problems

you just know he would be rubbin it in if he was bangin in the goals at Chelsea

I'm more annoyed that we brought in Carroll, don't like the style of player he is and it's clear to me that he does not fit into our style of play and I'm concerned he's not the answer

Torres spoke out against Hicks and Gillett, those problem were far greater than any we have had in the last 20 years.
Torres burnt his bridges and he isn't coming back, it is a shame really that he went but I believe firmly it was a decision born out of panic not malice.

As for Carroll he deserves our support, 10 games is nowhere near long enough to judge a player, especailly when in many of those he was trying to gain fitness.
And if anyone is capable of fitting Carroll into 'the system', it is Kenny.

We came out of this deal far better than Chelsea, Torres, and Ajax have.
And hopefully Newcastle will feel the same way by the end of the season.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2011, 06:43:58 pm »
hahahahaah. Lady boy twat

As for the carroll comments, i wasn't too keen on him, but at the same time i was happy when we did get him. Not seen that much from him SO FAR to convince me he's going to make it big time here (as you'd expect a player of his value to) But it's VERY early days, he's hardly played so deserves time to settle in
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2011, 06:44:03 pm »
Id only take him back if he apologises to us and shows his commitment to us by letting Andy Carroll take a shit on his face
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2011, 06:48:50 pm »
Fucking hell, reading this thread makes me miss him alot!

Id take him back in a heartbeat.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2011, 06:50:06 pm »
Torres spoke out against Hicks and Gillett, those problem were far greater than any we have had in the last 20 years.
Torres burnt his bridges and he isn't coming back, it is a shame really that he went but I believe firmly it was a decision born out of panic not malice.

As for Carroll he deserves our support, 10 games is nowhere near long enough to judge a player, especailly when in many of those he was trying to gain fitness.
And if anyone is capable of fitting Carroll into 'the system', it is Kenny.

We came out of this deal far better than Chelsea, Torres, and Ajax have.
And hopefully Newcastle will feel the same way by the end of the season.

Yep, at the moment, looks like Newcastle are the only ones happy with life followying the deadline day threesome. Im sure all 3 clubs would happily turn back the club and erase that last day's business if they could.

Offline stevenl

• Kopite
« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2011, 06:50:17 pm »
Probably get a load of flak for this, but I fucking love the lad. Think he was poorly advised in January and never truely wanted to leave.

He was absolutely brilliant here and gave me some of my best memories as a Liverpool fan. He really was the best striker in the world for a period of time.

Feel sorry for him, and would have him back in a heartbeat.

An unpopular opinion maybe, but fuck it, absolutely loved him when he was here.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2011, 06:50:24 pm »
Id only take him back if he apologises to us and shows his commitment to us by letting Andy Carroll take a shit on his face

I'd make him do that and STILL tell him to fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2011, 06:51:06 pm »
Probably get a load of flak for this, but I fucking love the lad. Think he was poorly advised in January and never truely wanted to leave.

He was absolutely brilliant here and gave me some of my best memories as a Liverpool fan. He really was the best striker in the world for a period of time.

The fuck is wrong with you? He was asking to leave last summer but was convinced not to by the club. He was fucking desperate to leave.

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »
Fucking hell, reading this thread makes me miss him alot!

Id take him back in a heartbeat.
I would too if he going to accept a squad player role and squad player wages...

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2011, 06:51:46 pm »

He wasn't forced out, ergo he wanted to leave. Fuck him

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2011, 06:53:52 pm »
FFS!! He is a rentboy now.. Let's move on, shall we?
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2011, 06:54:05 pm »
madrid....arsenal....the scum.....reading......the bitters.... so many memories. That fucking fantastic goal he got when he chested, turned and smacked it in top corner from the ball by jammer at anfield (cant remember against who)

That was against Blackburn mate.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2011, 06:54:42 pm »
Think he was poorly advised in January and never truely wanted to leave.

Oh dear.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2011, 06:55:34 pm »
Probably get a load of flak for this, but I fucking love the lad. Think he was poorly advised in January

Not sure I love him but agree with the rest of this line. His agent knew he was unhappy and was probably in his ear, along with Chelsea, and he panicked and jumped at the first opportunity that came along. He'd looked back to his old self under Kenny and probably should have stuck it out until the end of the season and saw what else was on offer. In fairness, we got an incredible deal at the time. As for big Andy, he'll be fine. People just need to forget about the fee, stop listening to no marks who want sexy football every game and let him flourish
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2011, 06:55:58 pm »
The fuck is wrong with you? He was asking to leave last summer but was convinced not to by the club. He was fucking desperate to leave.

Would you have blamed him, or anyone else for leaving last summer? We were in the shit and the ship was sinking.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2011, 06:57:20 pm »
Whats going on here then?

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2011, 06:57:37 pm »
meh the manor in which he left and his immediate comments on chelsea tv made me lose most my respect for him, theres no doubting how brilliant he was for us tho, the memories will always be a bit tarnished now tho.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2011, 06:58:22 pm »
I'd have him back

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2011, 06:58:30 pm »
Whats going on here then?

We are all over him, honest.
Just seven pages of being over him.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2011, 07:00:25 pm »
I'm just glad we didn't sell him in the summer of '10 because the money would have gone to propping up Hicks and Gillett.  At least this way it was invested in some players.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: September 12, 2011, 07:00:36 pm »
There's no way Kenny would take him back. Not a fucking chance.

He did take Rushie back but the situations are different.

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2011, 07:01:43 pm »
Piss poor attitude in truth, spent the last 12 months sulking. Not the player he was, his injuries have robbed him of that initial burst of pace that created space and he's struggling to adapt. Add to that Rafa devised a system that really played to his strengths.

As for all this 'he was let down', 'we we're shit' etc? Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club. You sign a contract with a club and you honour it. If you want to leave then fine, be straight about it, don't spend your time kissing the badge whilst at the same time your representatives are negotiating deals elsewhere followed by a transfer request to force the situation at the last moment.

He'll be on his way back to Spain, probably sulking next summer.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:03:35 pm by redway101 »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2011, 07:02:29 pm »
Would you have blamed him, or anyone else for leaving last summer? We were in the shit and the ship was sinking.

You're absolutely right. Which is why he never jumped ship the first chance he got when our ownership/debt situation was fixed and we got rid of the shit manager we had and replaced him with a much better one. When all that happened, we saw how dedicated he was to the cause.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2011, 07:02:41 pm »
Some people sure have short memories.. 

Q: Why Chelsea and why now?

A: I felt from last summer that I need to do a step forward in my career and for my ambition as a footballer. I am joining a team that is at the top level, there is not another level after Chelsea. I am joining with players like Chelsea have. I am joining with big names like Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Anelka and I can be part of this great team. Also I wanted to join because Chelsea always have shown a big respect for me. They really want me and it is important when you have the support of the people in the club, and the support of the fans who always showed respect to me when I came to Stamford Bridge and at Anfield. Now I am very happy to be a Chelsea player. It is good news that you can play in the Champions League this season. It is often not the case for January signings. The Champions League is a big ambition and all the footballers want to play in it, it is a very important competition. But also Chelsea have the chance every season to win all the trophies that they play for, so when you have the chance to play in a team like this you cannot say no.

fuck this shit!! :wanker

Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2011, 07:02:55 pm »
Not sure I love him but agree with the rest of this line. His agent knew he was unhappy and was probably in his ear, along with Chelsea, and he panicked and jumped at the first opportunity that came along. He'd looked back to his old self under Kenny and probably should have stuck it out until the end of the season and saw what else was on offer. In fairness, we got an incredible deal at the time. As for big Andy, he'll be fine. People just need to forget about the fee, stop listening to no marks who want sexy football every game and let him flourish
The only reason I miss him is that he is a poacher, and in that sense we haven't replaced him and I think we might suffer a few times this season because of that.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline stevenl

• Kopite
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2011, 07:03:02 pm »

Exactly. Roy Hodgson for fuck sake.

Don't care what some of the idiots above are saying, there was clearly a lot of people chirping in his ear. Can you imagine how nicely an agent would fare in a £50 million deal?

Yes he may have wanted to leave when Hodgson came in, and honestly who could blame him?

I don't care what anyone else says, to me he never truely wanted to leave in January, I genuinely believe he wanted to give Kenny a chance, but he bottled it.

His loss, but it's sickening to see our fans giving him the abuse they do. He was fucking absolutely brilliant for us and produced moments of magic that others could only dream off. I'll never understand why there is such suprise that he left a team that had been languishing in the bottom half of the table, when he had left his boyhood club that he captained, just a few years earlier.

He wanted the best, and under Hodgson he was never going to get that. Like I said, his biggest mistake was bottling it by not giving Kenny until the summer.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2011, 07:03:51 pm »
If I was Damien Comolli I'd be sending faxes down to London with things like:

"Transfer Offer for Fernando Torres:

£3 million and he has to have a clause in his contract that wont be a whining emo bitch."

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2011, 07:04:14 pm »

As for all this 'he was let down', 'we we're shit' etc? Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club. You sign a contract with a club and you honour it.
In reality though no one does that. All the footballers carry a sense of entitlement and go on club shopping to see which one would give them more success and money.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 12, 2011, 07:07:26 pm »
Some people sure have short memories.. 

Q: Why Chelsea and why now?

A: I felt from last summer that I need to do a step forward in my career and for my ambition as a footballer. I am joining a team that is at the top level, there is not another level after Chelsea. I am joining with players like Chelsea have. I am joining with big names like Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Anelka and I can be part of this great team. Also I wanted to join because Chelsea always have shown a big respect for me. They really want me and it is important when you have the support of the people in the club, and the support of the fans who always showed respect to me when I came to Stamford Bridge and at Anfield. Now I am very happy to be a Chelsea player. It is good news that you can play in the Champions League this season. It is often not the case for January signings. The Champions League is a big ambition and all the footballers want to play in it, it is a very important competition. But also Chelsea have the chance every season to win all the trophies that they play for, so when you have the chance to play in a team like this you cannot say no.

fuck this shit!! :wanker
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 12, 2011, 07:11:27 pm »
You're absolutely right. Which is why he never jumped ship the first chance he got when our ownership/debt situation was fixed and we got rid of the shit manager we had and replaced him with a much better one. When all that happened, we saw how dedicated he was to the cause.

Agree, it was a crappy thing to do simply because we finally were on the up. But for a long time, we were going nowhere and I imagine it would be hard to do a 180 degree turn after that. Some of the comments when he transferred were a bit galling, particularly after all the stuff he came out with when he was here but he was just looking out for himself, like most people in life. He could have stayed and been loved by the fans but he made his bed and won't be remembered as positively here anymore. I loved him when he was here under Rafa but I'm pretty ambivalent towards him now. I understand his reasons for leaving even though I don't agree with them. And I don't hate him for it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 12, 2011, 07:13:36 pm »
The same people calling Torres a c*nt, will be the same ones giving Suarez dog's abuse should he leave if we dont qualify for the Champions League.

End of the day. the world's greates players want to win honors, make money and play in the world's greatest club competition.

From Torres' vantage point in the Summer of 10 and January 11, it seemed it would take years for us to reach that. I dont blame him for leaving, just as I wont Pepe or Suarez should they move this Summmer if we dont finish in the top 4.

We need to be competing at the highest level if we want to have the highest qualityu player at the club. End of story. Even our own home grown Steven Gerrard in his pomp would have left us had the Miracle of Istanbul never happened.