Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 79556 times)

Offline b_joseph

• Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Believer
Re: Mascherano hits out at Liverpool
« Reply #120 on: February 3, 2011, 07:59:40 PM »
Big bad Liverpool and their bullying of their players.....

Leave by the back door. Javier, you left by the back door because you refused to play and if you did play, you would have left through the front door with the vast majority cherring your name as a true pro.
As for the old #9...if he doesnt understand what was wrong there, then he never will.

Javier...Javier...More playing and less talking. Oh, wait.....

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #121 on: February 3, 2011, 07:59:50 PM »
Some very bitter people here.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: February 3, 2011, 07:59:51 PM »
What a collection of self important bitter c*nts we've had here over the last few years.  Glad to see the back of him.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC, the arrogant puritan! Comolliphile extraordinaire.
  • Believer
  • Vær modig. Tag risici. Der er kun én værdig.
« Reply #123 on: February 3, 2011, 07:59:52 PM »
At least this confirms one thing, given he can't distinguish between the usurped club of the Tumours, Cecil and the OFC, and the reclaimed club of FSG and Kenny, is that he's never coming back. Xabi remains a slim pipedream.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Believer
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #124 on: February 3, 2011, 08:00:37 PM »
Shouldn't that read "Former football Mascherano hits out at Liverpool"?

He's done well for himself considering he used to be a football.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #125 on: February 3, 2011, 08:01:22 PM »
Take it Masch has a lot of time on his hands to think about things on that bench.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline impz

• Kopite
« Reply #126 on: February 3, 2011, 08:01:40 PM »
Any idea how much money it was worth?
Triple the amount he was earning... £30k up to £90 k
from the land of ice and fire.

Ohh and the occasional bank collapse and finacial crisis.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #127 on: February 3, 2011, 08:01:43 PM »
The problem is that Purslow and Liverpool FC are very much still one, even after all the stunts he pulled, all the harm he did Christian Purslow is still an employee of Liverpool FC.

I just wish to god NESV would wise up and get rid of the poisonous little c*nt because do you know what no matter what Mascherano and Torres have done they still contributed a 1000 times more to the successes of the Club than Purslow ever did.

People start to judge you by the company you choose to keep, I think Henry and Werner would be wise to act on that.

I agree with majority of what you've said but I do not see Purslow and Liverpool as one. Did you ever regard Hicks/Gillette as one with Liverpool FC?

It was a strange and bizarre situation. Quite hard to describe but we were never as one. People, not from or involved with our club, have every right to assume that, but us, the fans, the players; we know better. Mascherano just chooses to ignore this fact and perhaps use it as a fall back for the direction his career has taken since leaving Liverpool FC.

Offline Al 555

• Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #128 on: February 3, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »
Well that's the Chamakh thing sorted then, as aligns with my own understanding. But Masch wanting to stay and agreeing a new contract in principle? I can't see that mate, not at all, Cecil or no Cecil.

By Telegraph staff 12:30PM GMT 25 Mar 2010

Securing the Argentina captain and goalkeeper Jose Reina on extended deals have been a priority of manager Liverpool Rafael Benitez.

With Reina close to finally concluding the deal it appears Mascherano will not be far behind him.

"The club are talking with my agents," said Mascherano, who was a reported target for Barcelona in the summer.

"I don't like to be involved in the contract meetings so I leave that to my agents and the people at the club.

"Liverpool know I want to stay. I don't think it will be difficult to arrive at a deal and we will see what happens in the next few weeks."

Benitez has always been confident the 25 year-old would extend his stay at Anfield despite speculation to the contrary and the player sees his future at Anfield.

"I have never said I was not happy at Liverpool. That was the press," said Mascherano, who has been one of the more consistent performers in a disappointing season - even when filling in as an emergency right-back on a couple of occasions.

"I am happy here and the only way I can show that is with my performances on the pitch.

"I always try to do everything I can to help my team-mates and manager.

"Sometimes I can do well and sometimes I can't, but I always look to give 100 per cent in training and in games."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/7520521/Javier-Mascherano-to-sign-new-Liverpool-deal-soon.html

I honestly don't think you can get much more unequivocal than that, Jorabchian also went on 5 Live and Talkshite and said Mascherano had never been happier at the Club. There was no need to do that he could of just said exactly what Torres, Gerrard and Carra said that they would see what happened at the end of the season.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Believer
  • https://twitter.com/Pravin_Kopite
« Reply #129 on: February 3, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »
Yes it is, take these comments of him & Torres after leaving and compare them to Xabi's comments 10 days ago and you'll get your answer.

Couldn't agree more.
They say it fades...if you let it.

Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Believer
« Reply #130 on: February 3, 2011, 08:03:05 PM »
What a collection of self important bitter c*nts we've had here over the last few years.  Glad to see the back of him.

Exactly mate. The worse thing is hearing people defend them. At least Kenny is slowly bringing back the 'club is bigger than any individual' mantra.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Believer
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #131 on: February 3, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »
Obviously he's got too much time on his hands nowadays, one man who can't preach about loyality is Javier.  We took a gamble on him when he was benched at WHU and made him a better player.

If players want to feel wanted they can just stop threatening to leave every 5 minutes and maybe the boy who cried wolf wouldn't lead to your exit
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #132 on: February 3, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »
Kindergarten... all that...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC, the arrogant puritan! Comolliphile extraordinaire.
  • Believer
« Reply #133 on: February 3, 2011, 08:04:06 PM »
Oh the poor lamb.
Ha. Not defending him in the slightest, my views are fairly balanced. But Hodgson's behaviour was cringeworthy. And Purslow's untrustworthy. Masch simply needs to move on and shut up.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Al 555

• Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #134 on: February 3, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »
I agree with majority of what you've said but I do not see Purslow and Liverpool as one. Did you ever regard Hicks/Gillette as one with Liverpool FC?

It was a strange and bizarre situation. Quite hard to describe but we were never as one. People, not from or involved with our club, have every right to assume that, but us, the fans, the players; we know better. Mascherano just chooses to ignore this fact and perhaps use it as a fall back for the direction his career has taken since leaving Liverpool FC.

The top and bottom of it is that Christian Purslow did not have a contract at Liverpool and is being kept on by NESV, I don't want to sound to dramatic but having a total and utter c*nt like Purslow at the Club is a stain on the good name of the Club and he should of been fucked off immediately.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #135 on: February 3, 2011, 08:05:36 PM »
Question: Did Mascherano's wife and family move to Liverpool?

Answer: No.

Question: Have they subsequently settled well in Barcelona?

Answer: Yes.

Fact: He was forced out, but not by Liverpool FC
« Last Edit: February 3, 2011, 08:07:32 PM by Jagdip »

Offline Albert

• Kemlynite
« Reply #136 on: February 3, 2011, 08:06:21 PM »
Thanks for the input Javier. Now best for you keep your mouth shut and concentrate on what Barcelona are paying you to do. Keeping their fucking bench nice and warm!

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #137 on: February 3, 2011, 08:07:10 PM »
I think purslow had alot play in him leaving but his comments arent helping his case(mascherano that is) and torres was just impatient and filled with jealously in seeing his la rojas team mates win things at club levels he thought he had to go now and it has clouded his judgement and has caused others hurt.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #138 on: February 3, 2011, 08:07:18 PM »
The top and bottom of it is that Christian Purslow did not have a contract at Liverpool and is being kept on by NESV, I don't want to sound to dramatic but having a total and utter c*nt like Purslow at the Club is a stain on the good name of the Club and he should of been fucked off immediately.

I agree once more, but again - it is possible to discriminate a cancer cell from a normal tissue cell and therefore the two are not one, even though repercussions have a rippling effect. 

Online stoa

• way. Daydream
  • Believer
  • Five Times, Baby...
« Reply #139 on: February 3, 2011, 08:08:01 PM »
He's right though. Him, Rafa and Torres (though that was completely his fault) never got the send offs they deserved.

Masch said after he left that he didnt like the way we handled the transfer and that he'd talk about it one day. There defo seems to be 2 different versions and an uncertainty about that City game.To be honest, between the people who ran the club back then from the owners to the Chief Executive to the manager and Masch, Id be more inclined to believe Masch.

I hate how people give him stick round here. Very bitter. Fact of the matter is, his family were unhappy and we were going into the season with no champions league, without the coach who brought him to the club and under the man who used to manage Fulham and Neuchetal Xamax. Completely understandable that he'd want to follow Rafa to the cahmpions league winners or go to the greatest club side in probably the history of the game. And considering how good a fucking player he is, thats the level he should be at. If anything, unlike others, he gave us more than could be asked for. Having asked to leave last year, he stayed and respected Rafa's wishes following Xabis sale. A bit like Cesc this season. He didnt act like a fucken mercenary.

As far as Im concerned, he was a class player for us who always, no matter his morale, gave 110% on the pitch. Even when played at right back (unlike others), even when wanting a move (unlike others) and even when he really fucking wanted a move (unlike others). Will never forget his performance agaisnt Arsenal this season, where he fucken played like a monster and was subbed off to a roaring ovation. Thats how I'll remember him.

I agree that there is no need to be calling him names. However, what he's saying has nothing to do with what you're saying. He makes it sound as if him and Torres were forced out of the club against their will, because they contracts were running out and nobody offered them a new one. That's simply bollocks. We had been hearing loads of rumours about him (his wife?) wanting to leave. Fair enough, he stayed for another season, but it's not as if his contract was running out. If you take our ownership situation into account it could have warranted waiting for new owners. He might have wanted to leave because of the uncertainty, but then again he was NOT forced out. Yet, he's making it look like he was.

And neither was Torres forced out. He had still a lot of time left on his contract and there was no hurry to sign a new contract. Yet, he decided to put in a transfer request to be able to join Chelsea. There is no reason to be calling Mascherano any names, but what he's saying simply is a load of bollocks...

Offline miakeks

• Believer
  • Quod erat demonstrandum. :P
« Reply #140 on: February 3, 2011, 08:08:15 PM »
LOL, sit down, boy - you're used to that already, aren't you?
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” (Voltaire, 1694 - 1778)

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #141 on: February 3, 2011, 08:08:15 PM »
maybe its all our fault for supporting them,showing them how much we appreciate them and making them think they are better than they actually are.

so for this iam extremly sorry masch for making you think that you are a world class player when in reallity you are only a good player and now that you are at barca you are now reaching your full potential as a sub,well done and we`ll see you in the near future(hopefully)in the CL

now FUCK OFF

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #142 on: February 3, 2011, 08:09:25 PM »
Al, we could go in circles and are effectively agreeing in majority of the argument. As for Masch's comments' - they were unnecessary but as with life, it is best, not to care about the opinions of those who do not matter to you. 

Offline cHappyHannukan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #143 on: February 3, 2011, 08:09:39 PM »
Don't know what he is complaining about , he wanted a move to Barca and got a move to Barca. He should be over the moon.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #144 on: February 3, 2011, 08:09:51 PM »
I wonder how we're faring in that Fringe-like alternate universe where a ginger-haired Moores didn't have a mental aberration, fuck off Al-Ansari, and learned how to use Google....and Rafa buoyed by signings like Dani Alves and David Villa, threw off the shackles of risk-averse football? At least over here we have King Kenny though :P

;D

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #145 on: February 3, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »
Yawn. Dont even care what he's got to say anymore. Not even worth wasting my breath on his little outbursts. You wanted to leave, you got your wish, leave it at that and just be glad you had good words said of you very often that alot of players with not a bad word to say about the club after leaving were never given when they should have been.

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #146 on: February 3, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »
Loved Masch as a player , but i really couldnt give a fuck what he thinks .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #147 on: February 3, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
Don't think he has said anything wrong there, we don't know the truth about what went on when Purslow came to power but everything I've heard is that Mascherano wanted to stay and was ready to sign a deal until Purslow pulled the plug and decided it was best to sell him to raise funds. Then he started angling for the Barcelona deal.

But the big difference for me is that Masch was a boss player for us right up until his last game - he didn't do a Torres and sulk for months, he fought tooth and nail in the Red shirt in Rafa's last season and was probably our best outfield player for me in 09/10.
If you're visiting Crete, Greece or any of the Greek islands please take a minute to visit www.findstevencook.co.uk and find out about a missing Red and his family who need your help. Cheers

Offline MagicB8all

• Believer
  • Meh
« Reply #148 on: February 3, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »
Xabi's comments were just 10 days ago.
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=269583.0
point is there was a bigger spanish speaking contingent and a spanish manager - there was less them and us (we and they if you speak English ;)  )
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline tamadic

• Kopite
« Reply #149 on: February 3, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »
To be fair to Masch, he wanted to leave a year earlier when Xabi went but the club refused to sanction it and he got on with it as a professional. So he eventually got his dream move (not so 'dream' now of course) amidst the decay and chaos of Purslow and Hodgson, and yes, he may have been treated a bit shittily but he didn't help his own cause talking about being a "prisoner" in his luxury 10-room apartment. So why he's still seemingly angry and a little bitter I don't understand?
100% he is very unhappy now. He can't blame his wife and himself. But his previous employer. What a pity shit.

Offline Jimmy Jazz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #150 on: February 3, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »
Would love him back though...

Offline gatcliffe

• Believer
« Reply #151 on: February 3, 2011, 08:12:11 PM »
Spot on totally agree but think we have seen the end of those kind coming to a great club as long as KK in charge
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline MagicB8all

• Believer
  • Meh
« Reply #152 on: February 3, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »
Purslow did exactly the same with Chamakh, Chamakh advisers went public about Purslow's treatment of their client. Benitez wanted deals for both Chamakh and Mascherano agreements were made between the Club and the players advisers.

Purslow was left to tie up the deals and he backtracked and stopped talking, Benitez was being forced out and we were chasing Joe Cole and Christian Poulson.

For me Torres and Mascherano have made their beds and now have to lie in them but I think it is ridiculous to discount the part Purslow played in treating both players incredibly shabbily.
Agreed Purslow's to mostly blame
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #153 on: February 3, 2011, 08:14:06 PM »
Spot on totally agree but think we have seen the end of those kind coming to a great club as long as KK in charge

Well I'm gutted if we've seen the end of players like Masch coming.
If you're visiting Crete, Greece or any of the Greek islands please take a minute to visit www.findstevencook.co.uk and find out about a missing Red and his family who need your help. Cheers

Offline Daranoza

• Believer
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #154 on: February 3, 2011, 08:14:37 PM »
i saw him on the bench the other day and had completely forgotten he existed.
Blank.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #155 on: February 3, 2011, 08:16:06 PM »
i saw him on the bench the other day and had completely forgotten he existed.

Wish I could, I think of him every time I see Poulsen play.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Believer
« Reply #156 on: February 3, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
Don't think he has said anything wrong there, we don't know the truth about what went on when Purslow came to power but everything I've heard is that Mascherano wanted to stay and was ready to sign a deal until Purslow pulled the plug and decided it was best to sell him to raise funds. Then he started angling for the Barcelona deal

He'd wanted out for a while and was coming out with a different sob story every few months. First it was his missus, then his lonely life looking across Insua from his tower dungeon. He'd say anything to play the victim.

Fine, we promised him a move and he was brilliant in his last season, but there's no way we were just going to bend over for Barca and let him go on the cheap, even though I think we did. He got his move in the end so he should concentrate on getting a game at Barca.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Online MakeUsDreamAgain

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #157 on: February 3, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »
He would make such a point if only he would be a regular player for Barcelona. But he isn't, it's frustration talking, not Javier.

Ignore him.

Offline bclfc

• Believer
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #158 on: February 3, 2011, 08:17:38 PM »
Sounds like pent up frustration at not currently playing, IMO.  :wave
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline rossipersempre

• Believer
« Reply #159 on: February 3, 2011, 08:18:14 PM »
Bit dramatic in the sense there is no evidence, not even a whiff of the slimey fucker that suggest he's being "kept on" in any other capacity than ensuring a handover from the business angle.

Werner (looking at balance sheets): "Gee, where did this £6m disappear to?"
Henry (shaking his head, picks up the phone...) "Hey Christian, would you mind popping up to my office right now".