Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 79557 times)

Offline Chalky Boots

• Believer
  • Opinion≠Facts
Re: Javier Mascherano
« Reply #1080 on: November 9, 2017, 01:37:15 PM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-star-lionel-messi-fears-11491726

Looks like he'll be leaving Barca soon. I can't see it happening (him coming to us again) but it would be a great option to have off the bench or in the cups for a year or two if we got it done quick.

But he's quoted saying he wants to play more, and honestly that isn't going to happen with us. He's probably more likely to go back to Corinthians rather than come here.

Would you have him back?

Depends. He's a better defender than anyone else at the club but he's short and I don't think he's as good in the air as say Azpilicueta. He's never been at his best as the lone wall in midfield either, so dunno. Suppose I'd have him if not just for a good CB. I'd imagine however he'll either end up going back to Argentina or we'll see him in Italy; Juventus were close to signing him last summer.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1081 on: November 9, 2017, 01:37:57 PM »
I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one. Doesn't seem like the kind of signing Klopp would typically make.

Offline jingllebells

• Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1082 on: November 9, 2017, 01:38:01 PM »
Apparently yes, but if he's available for a reasonable fee in January I'd rather that.

When you think about the experience he'd bring to a young team, for a decent deal I would agree, especially as it seems we're not getting Keita.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Merry Christmasms1986

• Seemingly Mindless Extremely Lippy Twat. Comes from Preston so is a bad fucking ted. Wool. RAWK Spoilsport.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1083 on: November 9, 2017, 01:40:35 PM »
It would be great to have him back even for just a season or two.
Usually goes by the username sms1986

Offline Good King WencesDaniel Looked Out On The Cabbaggio Garden

• Roughage
  • Believer
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 18 & 5
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #1084 on: November 9, 2017, 05:37:39 PM »
Would have the mad fucker back in a heartbeat.
Rest in Peace Samee

YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1085 on: November 9, 2017, 05:40:42 PM »
Be ideal when we need a dedicated defensive minded player. Put his fucking foot in as well. He's a great pro would benefit the team for a season or two.

Online Santa's Eelf Lobo..... tomy

• Chief Suck Up.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I'm hot for you Patricia
« Reply #1086 on: November 9, 2017, 05:41:39 PM »
Teach some of these soft fuckers the dark arts as well
Hodgson was a decent manager, without doubt in the top 1% of Football managers

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford
  • Believer
« Reply #1087 on: November 9, 2017, 05:42:30 PM »
Time for some Insua gazing.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penno?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #1088 on: November 9, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »
He could got to Italy for 2-3 years and play at such a high quality at DM,Lucas is playing out of his skin there.

One of the Milan teams would be in for him who never have qualms about signing older players.
"The LFC family at the moment is a little bit too nervous, a little bit too pessimistic, a little bit too often in doubt, they celebrate the game, its a great atmosphere...but they dont believe,My message to Liverpool supporters, we have to change from doubter to believer" Jurgen Klopp 09/10/15

Offline jacdaniel

• "I don't care if people think I am a bed wetter".
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1089 on: November 9, 2017, 06:59:21 PM »
I'd rather not sign players that refused to put on the shirt.

Online Oddbaaaahumbug

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Believer
  • Im Pickle Riiiiiick
« Reply #1090 on: November 9, 2017, 07:02:59 PM »

Id rather not read posts from gullible fuckers who believe everything they read/hear, but I just did do!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1091 on: November 9, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »

So you'd prefer we got rid of Coutinho?

Most players would have done the same thing as Mascherano under the circumstances, however most players dont have an owl faced, no mark, manager to highlight it to push his own agenda of deflecting how inept he was.

• Seemingly Mindless Extremely Lippy Twat. Comes from Preston so is a bad fucking ted. Wool. RAWK Spoilsport.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1092 on: November 9, 2017, 09:06:38 PM »

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #1093 on: November 10, 2017, 03:34:30 AM »
I think that Masch in January as a stopgap measure would be great for us as he could shore up our defending for the 2nd half of the season.

Unfortunately when he's talked about leaving Barca, he's implied going back to River Plate in Argentina where he started his career, not to us. 

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3264025/javier-mascherano-wants-river-plate-return-doesnt-want-to-make-any-promises
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1094 on: November 10, 2017, 07:19:33 AM »
I think that Masch in January as a stopgap measure would be great for us as he could shore up our defending for the 2nd half of the season.

Unfortunately when he's talked about leaving Barca, he's implied going back to River Plate in Argentina where he started his career, not to us. 

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3264025/javier-mascherano-wants-river-plate-return-doesnt-want-to-make-any-promises

Would be a good move for him, ending his career there. If he does I hope he can finish the unfinished business mentionrd in the article.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:21:29 AM by sms1986 »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Believer
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.

Offline Rick-40

• Kopite
« Reply #1096 on: November 11, 2017, 11:18:05 AM »
So you'd prefer we got rid of Coutinho?

Most players would have done the same thing as Mascherano under the circumstances, however most players dont have an owl faced, no mark, manager to highlight it to push his own agenda of deflecting how inept he was.

Unfortunately that's how it is now. Footballers are hired mercenaries. Mascherano would be a good short-term mercenary.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1097 on: November 14, 2017, 08:19:40 PM »
Has anyone watched him play recently? has he still got it or has his legs gone?. Does he play at centre half or in midfield. Sorry, only catch a few non LFC games nowadays.

Offline pink-radebe

• Anny Roader
  • Sharing milkshakes can spread germs.
« Reply #1098 on: November 15, 2017, 07:40:04 PM »
Mascherano mostly plays centre half. He's been pretty good so far, certainly better than last season (although he's not a starter anymore so gets a lot of rest time). He's still quick and very intelligent. Barca defend similar to us, meaning goalkeeper and defenders have lots to do (ter Stegen has been brilliant by the way). Barca have a great defensive record, they've conceded 5 goals in 16 games.

Overall I think he's been fairly solid, Barca have yet to lose since the league began and Mascherano has played his part in that.
Thank you for reading my signature.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy?
  • Believer
« Reply #1099 on: November 16, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
Has anyone watched him play recently? has he still got it or has his legs gone?. Does he play at centre half or in midfield. Sorry, only catch a few non LFC games nowadays.

His reading of the game is excellent. I'd have him back here as a DM for another couple of years. Then he can go back to Argentina.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline joekim87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1100 on: November 17, 2017, 04:15:21 AM »
He'd be great to have back here... I wish it happens but don't want to get my hopes up as I think we'll probably miss out.

Offline Phil M

• "Those who want respect, give respect". Tony Soprano. Like, undercover RAWK Mod, like. Knowwarrameanlike?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • “Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1101 on: November 17, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »
Given he's only about 5'8 it's amazing how competent he is in defence even when deployed centrally. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld_7xgt75MA
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.