Author Topic: Maxi Rodriguez song and praise  (Read 203130 times)

Offline lincolnred-dad

• ok i'm an arse. a big fat arse.
  • Kopite
  • It's my bloody fence and I'm sitting on it!
Re: Well done Maxi Rodriguez+his song
« Reply #160 on: February 1, 2010, 09:24:32 am »
His name is Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
came over from Spain and now he's red
yes he's Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
left side or right side
you'll be on your backside
'cause our maaaaaaaxi
makes you look shit.

to the tune of copa cabana.
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline Tigerheart

• Carroll? He's shit. Henderson? Shit. Adam...shit.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: February 6, 2010, 06:08:07 am »
seriously you have just made yourself look incredibly stupid

we have signed an argentinian international you fool!!

Tuncay to boro FREE
Luis Figo to inter FREE
Gary McAllister to Liverpool FREE
Pandev to Inter FREE
Ballack to Chelsea FREE
Mcmanaman to Madrid FREE
Friedel to Blackburn FREE
Campbell to Arsenal FREE

Price has fuck all to do with how good a player is, some of the best players in the world have gone for nothing and some have been bought for peanuts!

Take a look at these muppets nearly 200 million spent and all of it was wasted money

Babel 11.5m
Keane 20m
Shevchenko 30m
Veron 30m
Luque 9.5m
Marlet 11.5m
Rebrov 11.5m
Boumsong 8m
Viana 12m
Berbatov 30m
Jo 18m

I think Maxi will be a very good signing for us, this opinion is based on whenever I have watched him play he has always impressed me

if you want to base your opinion on his price then you clearly havent got a clue about football

Nothing you have written contradicts anything I have said so that's 30 minutes of your life you've just wasted. If I could be bothered to, I would like to add that players like Ballack,Macmanaman and Campbell are special cases as their clubs clearly wanted to keep them but they ran down their contracts after negotiating with their new clubs so that they could ask for a bigger signing on fee. I would like to also point out that Maxi has been pretty average so far. Almost like a faded star.

Also, please stop calling me stupid/fool/clueless. It's quite embarassing (and I'm not blushing).

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #162 on: February 6, 2010, 06:06:21 pm »
to be honest i didnt expect him to be a success when he came here. in his first few games you can definitely see some flashes of his quality though, the passes he picks out and KEEPS THE BALL ON THE FUCKING FLOOR. a few of our players could learn from that, hes always looking for the one two and decision making is good. played alright today when given the ball, didnt see a great deal of it
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 6, 2010, 06:13:36 pm »
He's gonna be fucking special this boy. I seen glimpses today that was, dare i say it... 'gerrard-esque'.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #164 on: February 6, 2010, 06:15:50 pm »
Thought he was involved in our best attacking moves today.

I'd like to see him given a chance on the right instead of the left, but still he showed us why we got him today.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #165 on: February 6, 2010, 06:17:01 pm »
Oozes technique.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 6, 2010, 07:43:49 pm »
I'm really really impressed how fucking quick he's settled into the team. Been here a couple of weeks and plays in the derby like he's done it for a couple of years. Incredibly good understanding with the rest of the team, just wait till  his mate from Atletico is back...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #167 on: February 6, 2010, 07:45:52 pm »
Amazed at what people are getting out of that game today, which to be fair, he was utterly anonymous for most of it.
BUT, when he did get the ball, you can see the experience and vision that he will have when he settles into a run in the team.

Just don't see how people can go so overboard after today, he was hardly involved and I'm sure he'd say the same!
 :)
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 6, 2010, 07:48:54 pm »
Amazed at what people are getting out of that game today, which to be fair, he was utterly anonymous for most of it.
BUT, when he did get the ball, you can see the experience and vision that he will have when he settles into a run in the team.

Just don't see how people can go so overboard after today, he was hardly involved and I'm sure he'd say the same!
well i agree with that, sort of. he didn't stand out, but not negatively either. you didn't notice he was the new lad, at all. which, given the time he's here, is pretty amazing.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #169 on: February 6, 2010, 07:51:55 pm »
well i agree with that, sort of. he didn't stand out, but not negatively either. you didn't notice he was the new lad, at all. which, given the time he's here, is pretty amazing.

'Didn't notice he was the new lad'? What, apart from when I said 'you can see the experience and vision he will have when he settles into a run in the team?
Wasn't being negative at all, just tired of seeing comments that act like some players are the second coming after a fairly quiet game.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 6, 2010, 07:56:16 pm »
'Didn't notice he was the new lad'? What, apart from when I said 'you can see the experience and vision he will have when he settles into a run in the team?
Wasn't being negative at all, just tired of seeing comments that act like some players are the second coming after a fairly quiet game.
sorry, bad wording there, didn't mean you Paul - meant "one wouldn't notice...".

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #171 on: February 6, 2010, 07:58:40 pm »
sorry, bad wording there, didn't mean you Paul - meant "one wouldn't notice...".

No probs. I see what you see in him, I really do. Looks like he'll bring experience to the team, and hopefully be a great squad player. Looks like he knows a pass or two as well. Played a great little ball to Gerrard today to set up an attack.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #172 on: February 6, 2010, 08:06:12 pm »
Haven't heard any Maxi Songs getting goin yet, but i have a nice easy simple suggestion...seeing as he came from Atleti' they used to have a song for Torres as many will now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dSgKh4tF4 but just change it 4 Maxi...

Maxi rodriguez Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo....Maxi rodriguez....Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 6, 2010, 08:09:54 pm »
Thought he did well, he wasn't involved much but when he was we looked better for it. Every decent bit of football played by us had Maxi playing a part, didn't lose the ball much either and was up for a fight. Also I reckon the only reason he wasn't involved much was because the team simply weren't using the left enough.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 6, 2010, 08:15:22 pm »
Also I reckon the only reason he wasn't involved much was because the team simply weren't using the left enough.

And it was generally a shite game for any attacking player to be playing in.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 6, 2010, 08:17:49 pm »
I reckon Maxi could do very well if he starts again at the Emirates on Wednesday night - there'll be more space for him to run into on the counter as Arsenal will look to attack and push up whereas Everton defended deep and always had lots of blue shirts back.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

royhendo

« Reply #176 on: February 6, 2010, 11:48:21 pm »
Barely ever needs a 2nd touch

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #177 on: February 7, 2010, 01:15:20 am »
He survived the first test.

Coming away from a derby with limbs intact.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #178 on: February 7, 2010, 01:23:04 am »
Thought he was great. Made several crucial tackles and was involved in anything good we constructed in attack.

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #179 on: February 7, 2010, 03:27:01 pm »

He did alrite yesterday, wasnt overly impressive but wasnt negative, good steady game i feel in the circumstances of the derby! We heard a song away at wolves goes like this..

Maxi, Maxi rodriguez run down the wing for me duh duh duh duh duh ( to the tune of heartbeat!) ha quite catchy

Offline Tigerheart

• Carroll? He's shit. Henderson? Shit. Adam...shit.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #180 on: February 7, 2010, 04:04:42 pm »
if we get 1 good game in 3 from him i'll be happy. i ouldn't watch the game yesterday but he seemed to b somewhat anonymous.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #181 on: February 7, 2010, 04:29:06 pm »
Great vision, touch and pass in him. Rearly loses the ball.
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #182 on: February 7, 2010, 04:44:11 pm »

Yup, I agree. I could have sworn I had barely seen him in the first half. Second half a few fleeting moments, but some of the posts I've read on here have gone overboard. That's post derby victory euphoria for you though.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #183 on: February 7, 2010, 04:49:03 pm »
whereas Everton defended deep and always had lots of blue shirts back.

Eh?
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Mr. Miyagi

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2010, 07:16:09 am »
Not quite sure why the thread reads "well done Maxi Rodriguez". Well done for what so far?

Anyway, so far looks like he has left the best years of his career behind him in Madrid...don't know why but not that optimistic that next season he will be any better.

Offline k.7

• Main Stander
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2010, 07:58:13 am »
take it easy... he's only had a handful of games

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2010, 07:59:11 am »
The lad needs time.

Offline Mr. Miyagi

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2010, 08:18:31 am »
The lad needs time.

Yeah, you're right. Clearly I'm letting the frustration with last night's result get the better of me.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2010, 08:20:34 am »
The lad needs time.

Yes he does, but didn't need 90 minutes last night.  Should have come off at 65 minutes for Babel. He's still getting used to the pace of the english game and all that, but last night he didn't put a foot right.  The only passes he completed went backwards, and even then he was caught out a lot.  Painful watching him last night, I'm afraid.  :(

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2010, 09:58:30 am »
He's far far too slow on the ball at the moment.  Needs an extra touch everytime and he needs to wake up quickly and understand he doesn't have the same time in the prem as La Liga.  Last night on the left he took an extra touch to bring it on to his other foot.  Hope he picks up the pace the game quickly.
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline TheVoiceOfRiise

• Legacy Fan
  • www.solavirtus.co.uk
    • Sola Virtus
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2010, 10:02:35 am »
Might as well have had 10 men last night.
Baptism of fire for the fella so far, tough derby where he held his own followed by an away trip to one of the best sides in the country.
was suprised his number didn't go up around 60 mins but maybe it'll help him in the long run. He had just as much chance of producing a moment for us then Riera or babel would've. Thought N'gog should have made way earlier too.
class is permanent, he's clearly still got the legs so i'm pretty sure he'll shine for us at times.
I don't really see how we can lose, it's not like we paid for him.
you learn just as much, if not more from the hard times than the good. seasoned international professional footballers still need to find their feet, give him chance.
Please have a listen  to my band - www.solavirtus.co.uk

Offline whelan05

• Main Stander
« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2010, 10:04:51 am »
He's far far too slow on the ball at the moment.  Needs an extra touch everytime and he needs to wake up quickly and understand he doesn't have the same time in the prem as La Liga.  Last night on the left he took an extra touch to bring it on to his other foot.  Hope he picks up the pace the game quickly.

Think he's far too slow overall unfortunately, he had a chance in the first half to really drive into the Arse box and didn't even try and also ruined a great counter attacking chance.

I know we need to give him time but I have seen nothing to date that gives me hope for the future.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2010, 10:10:02 am »
Didn't really shine last night. Perhaps one for next season, I don't know. I know he has skill, but maybe he another Yossi, who isn't the quickest but is able to work through the midfield and create opportunities.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2010, 07:09:56 pm »
Not quite sure why the thread reads "well done Maxi Rodriguez". Well done for what so far?

Well he got stuck in even though the going got tough.

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2010, 07:14:13 pm »
Yeah he didn't play well at all last night, kept hoping for him to take someone on but he never tried that at all. It'll come though, only his second start!
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2010, 07:30:24 pm »
needs time to settle into new league and new club..
think hes on course to be the new scapegoat
White liquid in a bottle. It's milk, for sure.

royhendo

« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2010, 07:32:00 pm »
Needs time on the ball? He usually tries to knock it one touch to a team mate. How's that needing time on the ball?

The problem some are having is they're expecting a player they'll never get. He's defensively solid, he's crafty, and he can play one touch football. If you're looking for a tricky winger who burns people for pace or dribbles round people for fun, you'll be waiting a long while.

Offline COTR

• Anny Roader
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2010, 07:34:13 pm »
Let's hope he isn't another player ruined by Rafa's fetish for playing players out of position

Play him on the right wing Rafa or not at all please

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2010, 07:34:22 pm »
He's got a cow head.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2010, 07:37:27 pm »
He does not look like a current Liverpool player at all.

For one, he passes the ball far, far too quickly.