Author Topic: Luis Garcia  (Read 168867 times)

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
Re: Luis Garcia - Top Bloke
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2008, 07:07:30 pm »
That, that is a very beautiful moment. i miss him in our team.

never quoted myself before, but watched it again, Its the static Cudicini that elevates it. the run, the playing of the ball off the thigh, on the run, the hit...........

SG wonder winner in the final never happened but for that moment of perfection.

Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008, 07:48:09 pm »
Despite all his goals I always remember that he played on injured in that derby where we had to use all three substitutions in the first half. He's not only a good footballer but also a top bloke and that's something you won't find too often nowadays...

Offline mulhiem

• Main Stander
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2008, 07:56:08 pm »

Despite his likeability - I was glad he went.  For me he was one of the most frustrating players I have ever seen in my time going the games.  Classic on Euro nights but didnt cut the mustard in the Premiership.

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 08:02:54 pm »
Despite all his goals I always remember that he played on injured in that derby where we had to use all three substitutions in the first half. He's not only a good footballer but also a top bloke and that's something you won't find too often nowadays...

Little fella, big red heart. good shout
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 08:17:46 pm »
From the sublime to the ridiculous in the space of two touches at times. An enigma of a player who did the difficult things with ease and the easy things with difficulty.

Loved to watch him as a player and agree with him that we could've done with him at times last season. I'm looking forward to his Anfield return.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline irishred1991

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96, YNWA
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008, 08:21:12 pm »
sound as a pound
Liverpool is our religion,
Anfield is our church,
The Kop is our choir,
Fowler is our God.

Offline Markus

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 08:22:04 pm »
Let's not forgot the touching letter he wrote after his departure:

Dear Reds,

First of all I'd like to apologise for not having been back in touch sooner, but I needed to take some time to take on board all the recent changes and then to put down these words for you.

I'm sure you will understand.

I would rather this be a letter of thanks and gratitude, not simply a goodbye.

Yes, that's right, gratitude, because that is the word that best sums up my feelings for you all.

Taking the decision to change clubs hasn't been easy. Not easy at all.

I've experienced three fantastic years at the club and in the city. Three years in which together, the fans and the team, we have accomplished some fantastic achievements, and I'm sure that these successes will continue to be repeated in the near future.

You know that I like a challenge and that I don't just settle for second best.

Back then Liverpool Football Club gave me the opportunity to be part of an ambitious plan to put the Reds back at the summit of the game.

I think that together we managed to achieve that.

As I said, I do like challenges and in spite of the fact that at that time I was playing for my home town club, one of the biggest in the world, I wanted to be a part of that project that was being presented to me by Liverpool, and so I accepted the challenge.

Now, after three seasons in the Premier League and having won some major trophies, the chance came up for me to return to La Liga and be part of a new project at a club I already knew.

The idea of enjoying things in a Spanish club like we experienced together at Liverpool over these last three years appealed to me, and that's why I accepted the offer.

I want to thank everyone working at Liverpool Football Club for how well they have treated both my family and I, making us feel at home from the very first day to the last.

I also want to thank the management, coaching staff and directors for the opportunity they gave me back then to be part of such an important and well-loved club as Liverpool. A club which has helped me to grow as a footballer and where to date I have enjoyed the biggest success of my career.

Without a doubt, this success has been possible thanks to the outstanding group of players with whom I've been able to share a dressing room over the last three seasons.

I'm not going to mention anyone specifically, because I think that the secret of this team's success has been exactly that: nobody wanted to stand out above the rest and there has always been a great togetherness in the squad, which made it into something more than a group of players, it was a group of friends.

Thanks to all of you for your help and your friendship.

I've left until last the thank you which for me is the most important: Thank you to the supporters.

Your support allowed me to settle quickly at both the club and in the city, and you made me feel really at ease with you all right from the word go; that's the kind of help that you notice most of all during the difficult times, of which there have been a few during my time here.

I'd like to especially thank you for making up a song for me and you should know that every time I heard you singing it, it was like an extra injection of strength and motivation, even helping me to overcome pain occasionally during a game.

Your unconditional support is the thing that ensures that this team manages to pull through in the most difficult circumstances; and I can assure you that the whole squad is aware of this and thanks you for it.

A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters.

Because if one thing has remained obvious to me after these few years, it's that with supporters like you, Liverpool Football Club will never walk alone.

I really hope that the club wins lots of major trophies in the future; I'll be following it all from a distance, with the pride that you can only get from having been a Red and played for the home team at Anfield – a ground that every football fan must visit at least once in their life.

Thank you for everything. Yours most sincerely,

Your friend, Luís García
"Dalglish told me that we're the ones who make people's dreams come true. The fans can't play, so they live their dreams through us."

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008, 08:28:57 pm »
Mercurial little genius.

Far from perfect, but hardworking AND creative, full of tricky guile, and as we all know sublime finishing. One of the very few players (and he's amongst some exalted company here) I've watched that has made me think "how the f**k did he do that?!". A genuine, decent and humble bloke off the pitch too.

Would take him back in a heartbeat (although I'll wait until January I suppose ;))
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008, 08:41:03 pm »
I'm sure the interview with Luis will be shown again.  Flicking between the Newcastle game and the interview.  Just the mere sight of him is enough to excite me.  Got a wee bit hot and flustered  ;D

Always loved the little man when he was with us.  I'm not disappointed we've got Fernando, but I was terribly sad when he left.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline helssmicer

• beware my Smicer-enlarging ray gun
  • Kopite
  • i love my vladi i do!!
    • The Xabi Alonso Appreciation Society
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2008, 08:42:09 pm »
Hes on lfc tv being interviewed now

just been singing his song!

Offline Crazynumber9

• Legacy Fan
  • Be afraid!
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 08:43:56 pm »
I miss Lil Luis, cant wait for him to come to Anfield again...
Proudly an internet terrorist since 2010!

Offline Finch Royal

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2008, 08:44:27 pm »
I'd go gay for garcia.

By the way, just watched THAT alonso penalty in Istanbul again, Hamann bearly flinches  :o

Offline I Like Boobs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2008, 08:46:42 pm »
He was only with us a short time but he had a big impact on me. For some of those special moments on the way to Istanbul, I'll never forget him and the contribution that he made.

The letter he wrote when he left, that was stuff of legend. I would have loved to see him come back.

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2008, 08:49:53 pm »
I'd certainly have him in the squad now ahead of a couple of players who play in his role now.

I wouldn't, top bloke though. I can't wait to sing his song when he comes back to Anfield.

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2008, 09:07:32 pm »
cant wait til he comes back to Anfield he was only with us for a short time and i would live to have him back. If did score some very important goals for us.

He his a top man in my books. Both on and off the field
For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2008, 09:17:27 pm »
Just watched the interview. Am going to sound like such a girl, now,  but the man is unspeakably cute.
Blank.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2008, 09:23:34 pm »
Well in Luis

Top, top man
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2008, 09:24:19 pm »
Just watched the interview. Am going to sound like such a girl, now,  but the man is unspeakably cute.

Hmmm hmmm aint that the truth girl  :lickin

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2008, 09:26:40 pm »
Oh for god's sake Dara, here...take a virtual hanky and stop blubbing :P
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2008, 09:30:18 pm »
luis is a legend. wish he didn't leave

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2008, 09:41:15 pm »
Oh for god's sake Dara, here...take a virtual hanky and stop blubbing :P

Oh, sod off, you :P  I only ever had one 'favourite' and it was him. Its allowed, no? Nobody has replaced him yet, to me. As favourite, I mean. Tough act to follow, is Little Luis.

And, y'know, he wasnt bad, footballishly, either!!!
Blank.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2008, 09:48:04 pm »
Wonder how many people who now say 'Top fella' were the ones slaughtering him while he was still here?
 >:(

Love the lad. Looking back, he was a cracking player. Always hated the way people slammed him for giving it away, and yet Gerrard would try a glory pass and get carried from the ground on a golden throne just for trying it.  ;D

Luis, hope you play and score a goal that looks like it's gone in but is disallowed.
 ;)
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2008, 10:13:55 pm »
With all this talk of Owen or Heskey coming back I'd rather have Lil Luis back but being 30 what would his role be?

Scored great goals against:

Bayer Leverkusen
Juventus
Chelsea in semi Final of Fa Cup and EC..

I was deverstated when Owen decided to leave but I believe we got a better number 10 in his replacement. Luis will always be a red...

Bet he scores a screamer past Reina now...
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2008, 10:18:11 pm »
Always liked him. Had a unique ability to score amazing goals out of nothing. Hope he gets to play at Anfield.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline liverbird_soph

• Fitter than Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2008, 10:38:04 pm »
Whenever I watch him play for Atletico, I can't help but think I am watching a Liverpool player who just happens to be wearing a different shirt for a while. Have always thought we'd see him back here playing for us again somehow - perhaps on loan. I loved Lil' Luis. He could be absolutely terrible and give the ball away, but he did enough in important moments to make you forget all of the bad stuff. He'd suddenly flick in a goal, flash us a smile and all would be forgiven.

I hope he comes on as a sub at Anfield so that he can get a huge welcome home.
Above all else comes truth & justice.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2008, 10:48:16 pm »
Nobody has replaced him yet, to me. As favourite, I mean. Tough act to follow, is Little Luis.
Indeed. Not just as your tear-stained favourite either. Even Yossi his apparent replacement, very decent little player that he is doesn't come close to Luis in my book. Still feels he 'owes' us at least that half-season he spent on the sidelines with a ruptured ACL - he said himself, it was the worst way to leave. Can't think of anyone I'd rather re-sign. Even FSP, although I'd take him back also.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2008, 11:47:14 pm »
It would be great to welcome back Pongo and LG back at Anfield...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline RyanNS

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2008, 01:06:01 am »
Still wear my white, Luis Garcia jersey all the time. Absolute class act and would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

If he plays at Anfield (which I hope he does), please tell me that the Kop will break out in

Luis Garcia,
He drinks sangria....!!

Ozzie

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2008, 01:28:54 am »
Don't forget on LFC Tv to night.

20:30 - 21:00
The Big Interview: Luis Garcia
The man who scored the goal that sent us to istanbul reflects on his Anfield career
Any chance anyone would have recorded this?

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2008, 01:45:20 am »
Mercurial little genius.
A perfect description.

I loved Lil' Luis. He could be absolutely terrible and give the ball away, but he did enough in important moments to make you forget all of the bad stuff. He'd suddenly flick in a goal, flash us a smile and all would be forgiven.

That's exactly how I feel too, he did have a talent to make you forget the missteps, I guess because he was such a lovable character. I can't read his letter up there without getting a little misty eyed as well, which is kind of embarrassing I suppose, but fuck it, I don't care.

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2008, 01:46:46 am »
Had a bit of magic about him, our Luis.

Rafa knew it too.   Getting Torres, with Luis going the other way, with all the talk of his family not being settled etc.. it probably all ended for the best.

Wonderful, wonderful goals from him when we most needed them.   He made the difference for us.. and by christ I would have loved to see him do it for us a few more times.   Wasn't to be though.

Most frustrating lad to watch play for a lot of the time.   But if you wanted to bet on who would pop up in the right place with a bit of magic.. he was your lad.

Just don't fkin score against us on Wednesday !!.. lil git. ;)
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline skrtel_power

• but you can call me Elisha
  • Legacy Fan
  • He escaped from Walton Nik
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2008, 02:01:49 am »
do u all agree that letting luis go was a mistake ?i certainly feel it

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2008, 02:31:42 am »
I was deverstated when Owen decided to leave but I believe we got a better number 10 in his replacement.

And then look what donkey we gave Luis's No. 10 shirt to :butt
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2008, 03:23:37 am »
Don't forget on LFC Tv to night.

20:30 - 21:00
The Big Interview: Luis Garcia
The man who scored the goal that sent us to istanbul reflects on his Anfield career

Just watched this interview, so funny hearing him sing his own song!

And bless him I didn't realise he wanted to take a penalty in Istanbul and Rafa said No the mean bastard! ;D
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
  • We will go to Paris.....we may even go to France
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2008, 03:28:06 am »
The little man provided me with so man of my most memorable moments following the Reds. I would welcome him back in a heart beat.

Like someone said above, hope he get's the opportunity to play in front of the Kop again and I hope all you lucky bastards that are there to see it serenade him like he was still one of us (which in my opinion, he is)
"Sir, I may be an idiot but there is one thing that I am not - and that, sir, is an idiot" Peter Griffin

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2008, 04:21:59 am »
Great player...

I still miss him, a true professional and he loved the club.

I think he is one of the few players that I would be glad to see back in our team

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline vader90

• Legacy Fan
  • The eternal optimist - Everything happens for good
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2008, 04:30:37 am »
I still feel that Rafa would do a Fowler on this one though. For all the talks of owen returning(and he is still one of my favourites), I would think a bet on luis returning will be a lot more rewarding in many ways. Whenever he frustrated me, I always believed that a magic was just around the corner and most often he did not disappoint. The biggest little player I have seen.
Roll up, roll up for the Liverpool FC circus, in town every fucking week.

Offline LiverpoolRedRoseFan38

• In search of an empty room to start a fight...
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2008, 08:41:06 am »
Luis Garcia Sanz : always frustrating  always exciting  not a great goalscorer but scorer of GREAT goals  still liked at liverpool will always be remembered and i hope he hasn't got one of his special European night in him while atletico play us he can save that for later in the CL  good luck Luis but not against us .
My love is for Liverpool football club but also Lancashire county cricket club , the two greatest sports teams and clubs in the world .

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2008, 08:52:07 am »
Scored great goals against:

Bayer Leverkusen
Juventus
Chelsea in semi Final of Fa Cup and EC..
The Bitters
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan