Author Topic: Luis Garcia  (Read 168656 times)

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Garcia - Top Bloke
« Reply #320 on: December 27, 2008, 10:08:58 am »
Wasn't as good as his one against Juve but what a goal ..
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qu86Bzc0bkU&feature=related

Offline Kaka 22

• Bayern Munich Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: December 27, 2008, 12:22:48 pm »
his best goal i witnessed was probs a header in european cup vs Anderletch, was sat in the mainstand and the distance he managed to flick it in from, was truely terrific.

don't get it twisted i loved the fella and was one of his biggest fans, but i hate the over use of legend, it makes me cringe, like someone buys someone a pint "ar, your a legend" twat.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: December 27, 2008, 12:42:17 pm »
Was boring trying to defend his not unsubstantial contribution while he was at the club. Sodding folly now that he's gone. The kind of player who certain fans will only ever be able to appreciate when he plays for a different club and they can't pick fault in his flaws and idosyncracies.

Bet half of the idiots dismissing him were pissing themselves with delight watching Hleb or Joe Cole last season.

Bang on.

Honestly Fordie, go watch a compilation of his goals for us on You Tube. Strikes against Juventus, Chelsea, Everton, Bolton, Norwich, Charlton, the header against Anderlecht, all absolutely sublime, and that's just nine or ten just off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:44:53 pm by Neil D »

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: December 27, 2008, 12:44:21 pm »
comparing Hleb and Luis is just daft, completely different types of players.

and joe cole is miles ahead in terms of consistancy, hence him being an england and chelsea regular for many years

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: December 27, 2008, 12:46:48 pm »
comparing Hleb and Luis is just daft, completely different types of players.

and joe cole is miles ahead in terms of consistancy, hence him being an england and chelsea regular for many years

Course they are. They're very similar.

Joe Cole is very inconsistent, hence him not being being an England and Chelsea regular for many years. He has been in and out of both of those sides, largely due to injury but also due to his failure to match his potential. He only held down a regular spot under Mourinho for 18 months inbetween all his injuries (when Mourinho first came he used him very sparingly, slating him publicly) and is yet to impress Capello or Scolari.

And quite frankly, if Luis Garcia was English he'd have 70+ caps.

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: December 27, 2008, 01:53:11 pm »
cole is a much better player than garcia, garcia offered some great goals and big game moments but he was a very inconsistent player

he was a fan favourite but no where near a legend, he was not even a great player

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #326 on: December 27, 2008, 04:52:19 pm »

Paul Robinson used to be England's number 1 for a significant period of time but that didn't prevent him from being utter and completely shit!And no,Joe Cole has stopped being a regular for Chelsea for at least 2 years
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:55:30 pm by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: December 27, 2008, 05:54:45 pm »
I heard he drinks sangria. Load of bollocks.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #328 on: December 27, 2008, 11:02:50 pm »

you're edging up my "posters to immediately dismiss" list at a startling pace.

The only thing constant about Joe Cole is that he is a boy voiced tart.

Never scored more in a league season than Garcia. The fact that he's a regular for England - fucking England for God sakes - is a sodding irrelevence.

I'm so glad others have had the patience to dismiss the 'Cole' arguement. Done it too many times to bother with it now.

Oh, and before I forget, yes, Garcia was a completely different player to Hleb. He had end product and won things. Hleb couldn't score in the Eskimo whorehouse with a spare wooly jumper and a flask of soup.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline sabbathfan

• Every Day I Like Sunday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why So Serious?
« Reply #329 on: December 27, 2008, 11:11:03 pm »
you're edging up my "posters to immediately dismiss" list at a startling pace.

The only thing constant about Joe Cole is that he is a boy voiced tart.

Never scored more in a league season than Garcia. The fact that he's a regular for England - fucking England for God sakes - is a sodding irrelevence.

I'm so glad others have had the patience to dismiss the 'Cole' arguement. Done it too many times to bother with it now.

Oh, and before I forget, yes, Garcia was a completely different player to Hleb. He had end product and won things. Hleb couldn't score in the Eskimo whorehouse with a spare wooly jumper and a flask of soup.

Spot on mate. Joe Cole is a little twunt who can't stand up to his own girlfriend. And Hleb is never gonna be half the player that he was supposed to be. Both shite.
There is probably no GOD. Stop worrying about it and LIVE your LIFE

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: December 27, 2008, 11:11:06 pm »
Wow, the extent of some peoples ignorance is truely staggering; LOLZ HLEBZ IZ NOT GD COS E DONT WIN UROPEAN CUP INIT - how about Hleb is part of the worlds form team - he has out standing dribbling ability, close control and good creativity for a slipped ball, abit like a world class version of Benayoun really.

As for Cole being no good? he has been injured if he was constantly fit he would be up there with the worlds wide players it no suprise Chelsea have been through managers yet he has hardly been linked with moving once - and playing for england does mean alot it means your the best player in that position from the national pool.

I never thought anyone even entertained the idea Luis might be on par with Joe Cole, he is just such an inconsistent player to even compare him to such a player is staggering IMO.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: December 27, 2008, 11:25:07 pm »
Wow, the extent of some peoples ignorance is truely staggering; LOLZ HLEBZ IZ NOT GD COS E DONT WIN UROPEAN CUP INIT - how about Hleb is part of the worlds form team - he has out standing dribbling ability, close control and good creativity for a slipped ball, abit like a world class version of Benayoun really.

As for Cole being no good? he has been injured if he was constantly fit he would be up there with the worlds wide players it no suprise Chelsea have been through managers yet he has hardly been linked with moving once - and playing for england does mean alot it means your the best player in that position from the national pool.

I never thought anyone even entertained the idea Luis might be on par with Joe Cole, he is just such an inconsistent player to even compare him to such a player is staggering IMO.

Always amazes me how pointless "appreciators of football" are when they have no real grasp of it. Are you Sam Wallace by any chance?

If Joe Cole was 'miles ahead in terms of consistency', or to put your rabble into a more succinct way - better at football in general - why the fuck hasn't he even had a season to show it? Why has he never been a main player, rather than supporting act, in a team that's won a major trophy? The more that Chelsea have come to rely on him to be the main creative force the less they've actually won. It's mildly amusing.

As for Hleb, what bollocks. He's "part of the worlds form team"... kind of like Sylvinho. Who plays just as much and contributes just as much. Doesn't make either of them brilliant players. He's part of a brilliant team, he's not part of the reason they're a brilliant team. He's a squad player that, to date, seems to be regarded as something of a disappointment.

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: December 27, 2008, 11:56:49 pm »
Sorry i'm not normally a wikipedia whore but i was just curious to see if my opinion on him was backed up with stats when i came across this:

Chelsea Player of the Year: 2008

Which is presumably a sign from the fans who watch him every week he was consistantly putting in top class performances.

and seeing though you used Garcia 'winning things' as a way to prove his superiority over Hleb, Joe Cole has won multiple English league titles and an FA cup.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: December 28, 2008, 12:09:49 am »
Sorry i'm not normally a wikipedia whore but i was just curious to see if my opinion on him was backed up with stats when i came across this:

Chelsea Player of the Year: 2008

Which is presumably a sign from the fans who watch him every week he was consistantly putting in top class performances.

and seeing though you used Garcia 'winning things' as a way to prove his superiority over Hleb, Joe Cole has won multiple English league titles and an FA cup.

Actually, what I said was "Why has he never been a main player, rather than supporting act, in a team that's won a major trophy?"

Which ties in nicely with the fact that in none of wins was he ever a main player. The year they won the FA Cup with him in the team Drogba scored in the final, Ballack dominated the semi. The years he won the league.. well, if you want to suggest that he was one of the best players in those teams then by all means go ahead. History will put him behind Drogba, Lampard and Robben though. As would common sense to be honest.

So basically, in Joe Cole's best seasons he was scoring roughly 10 goals a season and they won the league and the FA Cup. Whereas, world of difference here, in Garcia's best seasons we won a Champions League and FA Cup, with him scoring the winning goals in the semi-finals of both.

You're right. There's a sodding chasm between what they acheived.

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: December 28, 2008, 12:56:18 am »
Joe cole scored vs Everton in carling cup semi, liverpool european cup semi, World cup group stage volley vs Sweden, etc

basically performing on the same stage as Garcia - there respective teams not winning the trophy is a particularly weak arguement  imo.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: December 28, 2008, 01:08:24 am »
Joe cole scored vs Everton in carling cup semi, liverpool european cup semi, World cup group stage volley vs Sweden, etc

basically performing on the same stage as Garcia - there respective teams not winning the trophy is a particularly weak arguement  imo.

You're boring me on both threads now.

So what's your arguement here. Let's pocket-size it so I don't have to kick the chair.

Joe Cole is a better player because... he - and these are pretty much your words - was performing on the same stage as Garcia.

... and to a pretty similar level as well.

Now, I don't think my original arguement ever mentioned how I rate him in relation to Joe Cole. Your arguement was that Joe Cole was... let me see if I can get this right... "miles ahead in terms of consistancy".

Now, I'm pretty sure I've said on here a while back that there is little between the two of them. That Garcia was as good as Cole, or Hleb, but never credit with being so. I've said that he had more end product than Hleb which he did, and I've hinted (and said previously) that there is nothing between the end product of Cole and Garcia to make a distinction either way.

Therefor, I think I'm right in saying you have to provide facts that suggest the opposite. Given that their best ever seasons in terms of output are near enough identical. That they have both scored in 'big' games - although Garcia's considerably bigger... I'd say you've failed. You won't agree, but unless you can bring forward some thread changing evidence that you've kept up your sleeve until the very last moment... it would seem that my comment...

"Bet half of the idiots dismissing him were pissing themselves with delight watching Hleb or Joe Cole last season"

Would be pretty much bang on, and has been perfectly illustrated by your...

"....and joe cole is miles ahead in terms of consistancy"

Which has proven not to be the case.

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: December 28, 2008, 01:28:28 am »
i've seen joe cole play almost his career - i've visited Lilleshaw and seen him, i've seen him play for Eng U21 and westham and i think his technique is incredible, discussing his return is fair enough - i only mentioned his goals in league cup/european cup was to show that goals on the big stage don't specifically make a player - for me Cole is just an incredibly gifted footballer and Luis just isn't.

i've seen so much of his career there is nothing you could say/do/show me any stats which would convince me otherwise so its ultimately worthless you listing Luis's 4 yard goals vs Bayer Leverkusen and Chelsea.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: December 28, 2008, 01:43:09 am »
i've seen joe cole play almost his career - i've visited Lilleshaw and seen him, i've seen him play for Eng U21 and westham and i think his technique is incredible, discussing his return is fair enough - i only mentioned his goals in league cup/european cup was to show that goals on the big stage don't specifically make a player - for me Cole is just an incredibly gifted footballer and Luis just isn't.

i've seen so much of his career there is nothing you could say/do/show me any stats which would convince me otherwise so its ultimately worthless you listing Luis's 4 yard goals vs Bayer Leverkusen and Chelsea.

Well, I couldn't care less to be honest. If his 4 yard goal against Chelsea is 'ultimately worthless' to you then at least it can be considered of more value to Liverpool fans who aren't overly-concerned with 'appreciating' football in general, but rather remembering with fondness one of the best moments their team has experienced in the last 20 years. The fact that you, in your infinite wisdom, don't think that Garcia is an 'incredibly gifted football' pales into insigificance against the incredible gift he had for doing the right things at the right moments. A gift that for all of Cole's perceived brilliance, he is never going to be able to better.

In summation:

Garcia's 4 yard tap-in > Cole's Career > Your opinion. < Me
                                         ^^^
                                         Kyuss

Done now, so as in the other thread you can consider yourself the winner if it'll make you shut up. My money is on you being desperate to have the last word though, kind of like the fighter that kicks out a leg at his opponent from the ground, but only as the opponent has his hand raised and is declared the winner for knocking out the other lad five minutes prior.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #338 on: December 28, 2008, 02:25:53 pm »
I'm done with being negative. I'll never forget his goals against Chelsea, Juventus, Everton and Anderlecht. They were great moments. Just the talk of legend he didn't really deserve, those are words usually reserved for our greatest players, and it should be kept that way. We don't wan't just any of our players being loved so highly so easily. Hell, Crouchy scored some unbelievable bicycle kicks, and scored plenty of goals, but hardly a legend.

Offline CaptainHindsight?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #339 on: December 28, 2008, 02:45:29 pm »
Luis Garcia is a legend, he was our top European goalscorer on our way to number 5, that definitlely qualifies him for legendary status, add to it the great character of the guy and you cannot deny him his place.

People saying Legend is branded around too much, maybe it is....but Luis played a massive massive part in bringing Liverpool our 5th European Cup after a long long wait.

HAS to be considered a legend.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #340 on: December 28, 2008, 02:58:30 pm »
garcia and joe cole although two differnt types of players are both quality.why argue about whos best.
you have to look at other things like who fits in with style and systems etc...both could do a job for us but if i had to chose,love garcia to bits but would choose cole every time.
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #341 on: December 28, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »
cole is a much better player than garcia, garcia offered some great goals and big game moments but he was a very inconsistent player

he was a fan favourite but no where near a legend, he was not even a great player

An old post:

I've never bought into the opinion that Garcia was an inconsistant player - I really don't think he was.

Throughout his career at Anfield he was asked to cover many positions, attacking midfield all across, left midfield, right midfield, in the hole, up front.  He was often used as a utility player in many various positions, and this did not always make the best out of his attributes.

A second point is that we've had an ever-changing squad since he arrived, and a lot of injuries too.  He's probably played a lot of games in which, had other players been fit, he would not have appeared.

What i'm trying to say is that on European nights, or against high quality footballing sides, he'd have been in my first eleven any day, and you think back to Garcia's great performances, and, but for the herioc hobble through the Merseyside derby, they all came against top sides, or in crucial games in terms of what the result meant (although I guess the derby counts there too).  Garcia came up with the goods more often than not in these games, and in that sense was a reliable player.  Consistant.

On the other hand, Luis was often asked to play when we had injuries, and/or a lack of depth, whether it be covering for Kewell, Nunez, Ciise, Gerrard, etc, he's been called upon in a lot of games to step in and do a job.  Unfortunately, we do have to play the Bolton's, Portsmouth's, Boro's of this world, and in my opinion it was poor performances (not for lack of effort might I add) in these matches, against tough, organised, physical opposition, that brought upon Luis Garcia this 'inconsistant' label.  But then surely anyone could see, away at Bolton, that Luis was gonna get no time on the ball, was gonna get floored about 7 times, and was only in the side covering for ____?

Surely the fact that it was very easy to predict days when Garcia would shine, or otherwise, should rubbish this suggestion that Luis Garcia was an inconsistant footballer?  Fair enough, if we played him in every game of the season, then it'd look that way, but then I think the same could be said of many players (Crouch and Sissoko possibly being good examples).

In my eyes Luis was never an inconsistant player, and was largely dependable and reliable.  If we'd had a bigger squad in past seasons, then Garcia may have started 10 less games, but he'd have been recognised a damn lot more across Europe as one of the finest attacking midfields on the continent.  Simao, Kaka, Xavi, et al, are all excellent footballers - but have they ever played away at Bolton, or at Goodison?

Offline LFCGeezer

• Anny Roader
  • buttered bread
« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2008, 03:28:02 pm »
We can all argue if he was a legend or not. I'd even argue about his fucking hair band, just get a short back and sides Luis.

End of the day, we all fucking loved Luis, no matter how many times he made us want to rip his bollocks off and flick them at Traore.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2008, 12:29:22 pm »
We can all argue if he was a legend or not. I'd even argue about his fucking hair band, just get a short back and sides Luis.

End of the day, we all fucking loved Luis, no matter how many times he made us want to rip his bollocks off and flick them at Traore.

Haha, and maybe tear Traore's nut's off and chuck 'em at Cisse, for that matter. I think we've gone well off topic now with this Legend bullshit.

but he's not a legend

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: December 29, 2008, 01:59:48 pm »
why did an attacking midfielder who had 30 goals in, what, 3 years + a lot of assists termed as inconsistent?

Indeed, towards his 2nd and 3rd season he gave the ball away a lot less than his first.  but most important he has skills, goals, vision and bravery - the bravery of not afraid of failing and keep on trying.

why argue on the definition of legends, just remember we had a gem of a player who played a most important part for our 5th Big Ear!

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: December 30, 2008, 10:58:20 am »

Spurs, Boro, Blackburn and Pompey offered Garcia on loan

The former Liverpool player Luis Garcia has been offered on loan to several Premiership clubs ahead of the January transfer window. Portsmouth, Middlesborough, Blackburn and Tottenham have all been contacted as a possible destination for the 30 year old attacking midfielder.

Garcia spent three seasons at Anfield after signing from FC Barcelona for fee around £6 million in 2004. However, Garcia struggled to hold down a starting berth in the Liverpool first team in his final season at the club and was sold to Atletico Madrid in August 2007 for an undisclosed fee.

After making 45 appearances in all competitions for Atletico last season, he has found himself limited to mainly substitute appearances at the Vicente Calderon this campaign, making just four starts in the league.

Garcia would relish another opportunity to play in the Premier League, but I suspect that a lack of real pace may hamper his ability to play as an out and out left winger and he was previously at his most effective when used as a second striker.

http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?titulo=Spurs,%20Boro,%20Blackburn%20and%20Pompey%20offered%20Garcia%20on%20loan&id=136

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: December 30, 2008, 12:25:38 pm »
Balague tends to know what he's talking about. I personally think it would be a shame to see him lower himself by joining the likes of Boro or Blackburn. Think he'd be better off sticking it out in Spain, I'd love to see him get the winner for Atletico against Chelsea in Europe again!

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: December 30, 2008, 09:28:52 pm »
Luis Garcia is a legend, he was our top European goalscorer on our way to number 5, that definitlely qualifies him for legendary status, add to it the great character of the guy and you cannot deny him his place.

People saying Legend is branded around too much, maybe it is....but Luis played a massive massive part in bringing Liverpool our 5th European Cup after a long long wait.

HAS to be considered a legend.

a fan favourite, never a legend
kenny, rush are legends - garcia was a good  yet very frustrating player who offered important moments of magic but mostly played quite poorly giving the ball away and frustrating fans and was good for what we needed as he offered 10 goals a season but we have evolved and need more than what he can offer as  a player

Offline petko

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #348 on: December 30, 2008, 11:36:52 pm »
Spurs, Boro, Blackburn and Pompey offered Garcia on loan

The former Liverpool player Luis Garcia has been offered on loan to several Premier League clubs ahead of the January transfer window. Portsmouth, Middlesborough, Blackburn and Tottenham have all been contacted as a possible destination for the 30 year old attacking midfielder.

Garcia would relish another opportunity to play in the Premier League, but I suspect that a lack of real pace may hamper his ability to play as an out and out left winger and he was previously at his most effective when used as a second striker.

http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?titulo=Spurs,%20Boro,%20Blackburn%20and%20Pompey%20offered%20Garcia%20on%20loan&id=136

Is this something that Benitez should look in to? I`m sure Garcia would rather join us then the likes of Boro and Portsmouth, and I still think that he could do a good job for us, especially against the "park the bus teams" at Anfield. I always liked Luis and would love to have him back.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2008, 01:30:41 am »
It's never going to happen but I would love it if we fucked Benayoun off and brought Garcia back for 6 months. He brings that unpredictability that every side needs when a game is tight and would certainly help us turn some draws into wins.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2008, 02:08:27 am »

worthless? what kind of liverpool fan are you? i couldnt give a shite if you are convinced or not, but luis garcia played a major role in this club getting up off its knee`s and winning the european cup.
how many european cups as the great joe cole won? infact how many european cups has all the teams joe cole has ever played for in their entire history added together won?
yeah, 1 less than luis.
joe cole is a world class diver, you missed that one off your list.

Offline redplanet

• Kopite
  • There is no outside the box
« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2008, 02:23:35 am »
Would be great to have Garcia back but I cannot see it happening.
I just watched my dog chase his tail for 10 minutes and thought, "Wow, dogs are easily entertained." Then I realized I just watched my dog chase his tail for 10 minutes...

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2008, 02:23:37 am »
Is it that hard to read the sentence?

Its worthless you listing luis's 4 yard goals...

meaning the list means fuck all it won't alter my opinion on who is better between the two players - of course the goal meant/means a hell of a lot to me as it does all other reds.

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2008, 02:33:16 am »
Is it that hard to read the sentence?

Its worthless you listing luis's 4 yard goals...

meaning the list means fuck all it won't alter my opinion on who is better between the two players - of course the goal meant/means a hell of a lot to me as it does all other reds.

the night we beat chelsea in the semi`s and instanbul are two of the best nights i have had in my entire life.
luis garcia played a major part in those two nights.
thats all i have to say on the matter to be honest.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #354 on: December 31, 2008, 02:37:01 am »
To be honest, not in Istanbul but he has certainly scored for us some crucial goals
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: December 31, 2008, 02:38:58 am »
the night we beat chelsea in the semi`s and instanbul are two of the best nights i have had in my entire life.
luis garcia played a major part in those two nights.
thats all i have to say on the matter to be honest.
Yeh all that sentimental stuff is all well and good, but you have to be rational when doing a fair comparison - goes without saying doesn't it?

Luis is very much a cult hero for what he done when in a Liverpool shirt - thats not what we were debating.

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: December 31, 2008, 02:52:13 am »
Yeh all that sentimental stuff is all well and good, but you have to be rational when doing a fair comparison - goes without saying doesn't it?

Luis is very much a cult hero for what he done when in a Liverpool shirt - thats not what we were debating.

yeh all that sentimental stuff?
i grew up in the shadow of anfield mate, it happens to mean a lot to me.

Offline offthemark

• Kopite
« Reply #357 on: December 31, 2008, 05:46:06 am »
i am totally confused. i think the reason behind garcia leaving was that his family was not settled here. So, why now spurs?

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: December 31, 2008, 09:55:36 am »
it is like not getting the job because you are over qualified or they said you would be bored. It is a no in the nicest possible way.

Rafa didn't want him so the family excuse surfaced so it wouldn't look like a fan favourite was forced out

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #359 on: December 31, 2008, 10:18:13 am »
It's never going to happen but I would love it if we fucked Benayoun off and brought Garcia back for 6 months. He brings that unpredictability that every side needs when a game is tight and would certainly help us turn some draws into wins.

Why on earth would you want to 'fuck off' Benayoun?

Assists and goals at the moment, why would you want to change that?