Author Topic: Luis Garcia  (Read 168958 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Garcia - Top Bloke
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2008, 11:24:31 am »

The BBC indicator per match is a pretty good idea on how all people viewing a game rate players.

No, it REALLY isn't.

Keane set up the goal, aurelio did fuck all

One's a striker, one's a left-back who had to play in a reserved roll to keep Bosingwa quiet. Shit comparison.

against A.Cole who was a threat for chelsea going forward, tough in the tackle at the back and showed emotion for the cause

If you are defending Ashley Cole you're a lost cause. He is a bellend and did nothing but moan and put shithouse tackles and shit balls in. The cynical kick at Carragher stands out.

Your arguments are pretty abysmal, you should stop now before you become any more of an embarassment.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 29, 2008, 01:37:51 pm »

The BBC indicator per match is a pretty good idea on how all people viewing a game rate players. Keane set up the goal, aurelio did fuck all thats why i, personnaly would have him at a higher level but this is not about keane (nor is the thread about aurelio).

I will stick by my point that aurelio is a distinctly average player. i have not seen anything from him to suggest otherwise. The last postser said he was "excellent" against chelsea....i most certainly did not see that and the only time i noticed him was when he blasted a ball over the bar(again) and allowed boswinga plenty of time to get a ball in the area on more than one occasion.
put this against A.Cole who was a threat for chelsea going forward, tough in the tackle at the back and showed emotion for the cause and you really have no arguement.

Actually, post is about Garcia, why you bring up aurelio is showing you as the fool trying to prove something.

Luis Garcia - top bloke and more than an average footballer -therefore aurelio should not be mentioned in the same thread. case closed.

You used the BBC player rater to try and slate Aurelio and ended up contradicting yourself. There is no backing out of that - you fucked up for all to see.

You missed Aurelio's headers, you missed his tackles, you missed his passes, you missed him linking up with Riera and getting up and down the flank - what game were you watching?

That line in bold is priceless - Aurelio was tough in the tackle on several occasions in the first half but you 'didn't see it'. And showing emotion for the cause? Whinging like a twat and almost getting sent off is 'showing emotion for the cause'?! That really says all you need to know about how little you understand about the game of football.

I brought up Fabio because I thought for once you might concede he had a good game, and show yourself to be something other than a one-eyed troll who has had nothing but animosity for our Brazilian left back since he replaced your beloved Norwegian, JAR, in our side.

Obviously I was wrong, and you are just a stupid fucking idiot.

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »
hahaha only one thing can be said to that....

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2008, 11:39:16 pm »
I wonder if this is true and who the team maybe?

Former Liverpool favourite Garcia to make Premier League return

Former Liverpool favourite Luis Garcia is on the verge of making an emotional return to the Premier League.

The 30-year-old Spanish international has been given permission by current club Atletico Madrid to sign for an English club and is close to completing a loan deal, with the option to make it permanent in the summer.

The £2million-rated Garcia spent three seasons with Liverpool between 2004 and 2007 and is best remembered for scoring the Champions League semi-final winner against Chelsea in 2005. He got a standing ovation at Anfield when he returned their with Atletico in the Champions League earlier this season.

West Ham and Newcastle are both admirers of the Spanish wide-man and hope they will get the nod.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1099170/Former-Liverpool-favourite-Garcia-make-Premier-League-return.html?ITO=1490
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Sam Bacala

• Kopite
« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2008, 11:53:55 pm »
I really hope Luis returns to the Premiership, even if it isn't at Liverpool. Scored some fantastic and important goals for the club and will always be remembered as a key member of the squad that won the Champions League in such remarkable fashion. Legend.
"We were s***." - Daniel Agger's assessment of the Roy Hodgson era

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2008, 03:05:06 am »
Couldnt bare seeing him at another prem team if im honest. Great player, but i hope he either comes back to us or joins another side outside the prem. Love to have him back, has alot of creativity which would be great, can imagine him playing as a second striker/attacking mid in behind Torres.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2008, 07:45:54 am »
Would be absolutely gobsmacked if he joined another prem club. Didn't he return home for family reasons, wife couldn't settle or something?

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2008, 10:03:12 am »
Would be absolutely gobsmacked if he joined another prem club. Didn't he return home for family reasons, wife couldn't settle or something?

Yep. He did indeed. If he goes anywhere I imagine it'll be somewhere in Spain. I also read somewhere that he would never want to play for any other English club than us.

Can't WE have him back?
Blank.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2008, 11:13:45 am »
Wouldn't loaning Luis give us the option of selling Yossi? Quids in. Bound to appeal to the owners.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2008, 11:18:59 am »
Wouldn't loaning Luis give us the option of selling Yossi? Quids in. Bound to appeal to the owners.

getting players on loan is always a good option like we did with anelka a few years ago

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2008, 11:24:20 am »
Oh I want him to come back. Rather him than Yossi.
Blank.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2008, 11:44:02 am »
Hope hes back in jan on loan - does well we should keep him - now there is a proper game winning option

i think the only problem is his age i can't believe he's 30 already
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2008, 12:55:27 pm »
Can't believe anyone would want him back now, unbelievable. We had the best out of him and even then the prem didn't suit him at all. He spent most of the time getting caught in possession in the league games or giving the ball away. The ECL was his forte but now we need someone who is going to be consistent in the league for us.
All this bullshit you read on this forum about him being a legend. He was a great lad who gave us some very special moments, but a legend, bollocks.
Liddell, Smithy, Emlyn, Dalglish, Barnes, Gerard etc, they're legends. Luis doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those lads. All these cries for getting Luis and Owen back get on my fucking tits, move on or it'll be another 18 years.

Offline Murphy23

• Main Stander
  • Rush scored one, Rush scored two...
« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2008, 01:05:05 pm »
Can't believe anyone would want him back now, unbelievable. We had the best out of him and even then the prem didn't suit him at all. He spent most of the time getting caught in possession in the league games or giving the ball away. The ECL was his forte but now we need someone who is going to be consistent in the league for us.
All this bullshit you read on this forum about him being a legend. He was a great lad who gave us some very special moments, but a legend, bollocks.
Liddell, Smithy, Emlyn, Dalglish, Barnes, Gerard etc, they're legends. Luis doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those lads. All these cries for getting Luis and Owen back get on my fucking tits, move on or it'll be another 18 years.

I disagree.  I think Owen would be the ideal fox in the box for the rest of the season.  Turn some of these draws around.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2008, 01:07:03 pm »
I disagree.  I think Owen would be the ideal fox in the box for the rest of the season.  Turn some of these draws around.

Fair enough if that's your opinion but there's another thread about Mikey  ;)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2008, 02:46:15 pm »
getting players on loan is always a good option like we did with anelka a few years ago

Indeed.  I'd be very happy if we were to take Luis Garcia on loan until summer.

Much as I think Yossi Benayoun is on the end of too much stick this season, he's not at his best, and it does appear that his days are numbered.  Jermaine Pennant has simply been frozen out and it seems hardly worth counting him in the squad at the moment.

Looking at it that way, I don't see how letting Benayoun and Pennant go for £4m each, and bringing in Garcia and Adam Hammill would be a bad move.

That said, I can't see it happening.

Offline woozie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »
All i want for christmas is Luis Garcia!

come home luis!
PARRY OUT.

Offline cevans16

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2008, 03:05:31 pm »
Simply not good enough in my opinion, yes he produced some moments of magic from time to time but on a consistent basis was poor (especially in league games). 

And should not be called a legend of Liverpool Football Club.  Good lad though.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline woozie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2008, 03:08:29 pm »
played a massive role in us winning both the fa cup and champions league in two seasons. the guy is a fucking legend, as is shown by most of our supporters.

PARRY OUT.

Offline Mrfabulous

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2008, 03:09:23 pm »
if he's coming back to the prem i'd like to see him back with us he's the kind of player that would have turned some of our home draws this season into wins.

Online 11 friends

• Anny Roader
« Reply #260 on: December 21, 2008, 03:40:19 pm »
Come to think of it,if he were to return -would the idea of Finnan as a Rb (with Arbeloa on the left) be as awkard as Owen banging them in with Torres.
Just a money saving thought like.........

Offline Car

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2008, 06:06:21 pm »
Luis back on a loan deal? Why not?

In the last few games the subs were disappointing.  Don't get me wrong.  I am alright with El Zhar and co.  But in a tight (or boring) game, I don't think bringing in an inexperience youngster would win us the game.  With Luis on the bench, we at least has a hope that the substitution would change the game.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2008, 06:32:39 pm »
no way...he is one of the most unconsistant player we ever had.  Brillant goal but he cant even be regular at Atletico.  He moved back to Spain because of his family cant see him coming back. 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2008, 07:34:16 pm »
played a massive role in us winning both the fa cup and champions league in two seasons. the guy is a fucking legend, as is shown by most of our supporters.

Like I said earlier, some very special moments, but a legend, my arse.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:05:08 pm by redprodigal »

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: December 22, 2008, 11:38:18 pm »
Like I said earlier, some very special moments, but a legend, my arse.
C'mon, things don't have to be so black and white. He's not a legend in the overall picture, but he IS a much beloved player who, while being frustrating, did manage to bring some joy. Anyway he's more of a cult hero, and we're dying for a bit of creativity in the final 3rd, Luis on loan wouldn't hurt us there.
Looking at it that way, I don't see how letting Benayoun and Pennant go for £4m each, and bringing in Garcia and Adam Hammill would be a bad move.
That would be absolutely fine and great by me.

Although none of this will happen so it doesn't matter anyway. Which is why I hate transfer rumours so much.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2008, 11:47:03 pm »
I really don't think we'd benefit from going back. If anything, it'd likely tarnish our memories of him.

Need someone younger and stronger. Or sort out Babel's head.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline McmanaMark

• Anny Roader
« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2008, 11:51:23 pm »

no way...he is one of the most unconsistant player we ever had.  Brillant goal but he cant even be regular at Atletico.  He moved back to Spain because of his family cant see him coming back. 

While I respect your opinion, it would have more weight if you weren't making words up. ;)

I'd love Luis back, but whether or not he and Yossi could exist in the same squad - i.e. whether there would be any real point - is open for much debate. Yossi is more mobile and high energy, and actually goes past players, too. Although Luis would make a great impact sub. Can't see that I'd bring him back on anything more than loan.

I'd go for Owen, mind. but only as a second fiddle to Nando. Keane could play off either of them, no probs. But that's a discussion for another thread.
Clyne..Matip..VVD..Robertson
..........Goretzka
....Keita.........Lemar
Salah..................Mane
..........Firmino

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: December 23, 2008, 12:06:10 am »
C'mon, things don't have to be so black and white. He's not a legend in the overall picture, but he IS a much beloved player who, while being frustrating, did manage to bring some joy. Anyway he's more of a cult hero, and we're dying for a bit of creativity in the final 3rd, Luis on loan wouldn't hurt us there. That would be absolutely fine and great by me.

He definitely brought us lots of joy, and you're right, a cult hero is 100% correct. But there are loads who want him back and really think of him as a legend and I think that's bollocks. All this talk of getting players back who are past their best pisses me off to be honest. We're better than that and we should be looking at improving our squad with better players than has-beens. Having him on loan would be a complete waste of time because now he's nowhere near good enough for what we need. A huge step backwards which Rafa will not take. We should remember him for the good times he gave us and move on.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:08:03 am by redprodigal »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2008, 12:22:22 am »
He definitely brought us lots of joy, and you're right, a cult hero is 100% correct. But there are loads who want him back and really think of him as a legend and I think that's bollocks. All this talk of getting players back who are past their best pisses me off to be honest. We're better than that and we should be looking at improving our squad with better players than has-beens. Having him on loan would be a complete waste of time because now he's nowhere near good enough for what we need. A huge step backwards which Rafa will not take. We should remember him for the good times he gave us and move on.

People are just desperate for some creativity in the final third. Who called him a legend ?

Our lack of creativity in the final third is pathetic and to be honest i dont know about anyone else but im sick of it. teams can just park the bus while we huff and puff and fail over and over. Ok maybe he isnt at his peak now but theres no doubting he has creativity and theres also no doubting that we need some. i think people are just looking at a simple solution to a huge problem within our side.

If we had the money and were atleast going to go for someone that will solve our problems then fair enough but i think i will actually go insane if we get to the transfer market and decide to just ignore the lack of cutting edge in our team. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:24:16 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #269 on: December 23, 2008, 03:18:55 am »
Not that i think it will happen or even that we should do it there's no denying we need someone else in our attacking 4 with the quick, instinctive football brain that Garcia had. Some of his goals were like some of Alonsos passes, in that it took you a second to see what he was trying to do and all of a sudden it's a goal. Used to fucking love them ones from him!

Maybe he's lost some of it and we'd see the bad side to his game but then again maybe he's not lost it and we've improved enough since he left to be able to afford a luxury player in our squad. It's only on loan, to quote some old song or other and Someone like that is exactly what we need for the second half of the season in my opinion...

Have a heart, Garcia wouldn't be for life, Garcia would be for Christmas  ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 03:21:46 am by se9R.F.L »

Offline TheVoiceOfRiise

• Legacy Fan
  • www.solavirtus.co.uk
    • Sola Virtus
« Reply #270 on: December 23, 2008, 08:12:59 am »
I'd rather see me old mucker little luis coming on than the mummified looking isreali anyday!!
Pity he'd be champions league tied tho', Garcia was created by mighty forces to provide wonder in that competition!!!
Won't happen but as a stocking filler, I reckon we could do worse.
We don't know what santa's gonna bring this year yet so might well be irrelavent.
Please have a listen  to my band - www.solavirtus.co.uk

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: December 23, 2008, 04:24:08 pm »
he had his time, don't you remember the frustration?

Offline IOMRed

• Kopite
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #272 on: December 23, 2008, 04:28:01 pm »
Can you imagine little Luis back with us playing left midfield in front of Dossena doing his bloody irritating back heels in our own half and watching as their right back runs rings around Dossena.........followed by a 35 yard volley into the top corner to win it for us in the last minute.
Fernando Torres, Liverpool's no. 9. His armband proved he was a red, Torres, Torres, you'll never walk alone it said, Torres, Torres, we bought the lad from sunny Spain, he gets the ball and scores again, Fernando Torres, Liverpool's no. 9.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2008, 05:05:16 pm »
People are just desperate for some creativity in the final third. Who called him a legend ?

Loads on here, do a search and you'll see.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 24, 2008, 06:02:04 pm »
he had his time, don't you remember the frustration?

I don't find loads of assists and goals frustrating myself.

Offline hungaryforturkey.co.uk

• Boys Pen
« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2008, 07:06:21 pm »
Little Luis' goal against Juventus was, I reckon, the best live goal I've ever witnessed. I was gutted to see him go and hope he returns one day as i love the 'drinking Sangria' song...

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: December 24, 2008, 07:10:03 pm »
Little Luis' goal against Juventus was, I reckon, the best live goal I've ever witnessed. I was gutted to see him go and hope he returns one day as i love the 'drinking Sangria' song...

Not the best of reasons for wanting him to return though eh?
Welcome to rawk  ;)

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #277 on: December 25, 2008, 02:51:32 am »
Besides, he'd be a great aerial threat. :D
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #278 on: December 25, 2008, 03:55:58 am »
I'm 46, I've seen all of the best players play for us.

He was one of the keys to get to Istanbu on the way to number 5l. Simply because of that, hes a leg-end. Forget everything else he done for us if you want.Leg-end, end of story
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #279 on: December 25, 2008, 06:31:43 pm »
If you ask Rafa he will bring Luis back.  All you have to do is ask him.  If you ask them.  They will come.  (Or as the old Red Indian saying goes, "If you don't ask them.  They can't come.")
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.