Author Topic: Harry Kewell  (Read 90968 times)

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Unimaginative pisshead!!! +!!
  • Kopite
  • hat, cap, scarf or your banner??
Re: Harry Kewell Signs For Galatasaray
« Reply #160 on: July 8, 2008, 09:24:37 pm »
Pathetic.  And what are you trying to do?  Claim them as innocent angels?  Even Leeds fans accept their behaviour was appalling and the Turks will give you back ten times what you give them in their own country.  We got only good stuff because that's what we gave them.  Your have the exact same attitude the papers have in their hatred of the Turks and would lead to a perpetuation of the myth they are vermin when most people on here have seen the exact opposite. 

Sorry but I don't dislike Turks in any way or form I just don't like it when people categorise all fans of one club (Like people do to ME every day of my life as a born and bred Scouser living in Yorkshire) with the "ay ay ay" Harry Enfield jibes etc

I don't doubt some Leeds fans misbehaved that night I haven't said that and I also don't doubt Liverpool, Everton Moan Yoo Chelsea and other fans have done things in Europethey won't be proud of.

All I was saying was maybe we need to be careful what we say that might upset other football fans, it has happened to me on numerous occasions where somebody has said hurtful things about Hllsborough and I didn't enjoy it.

End.
Keegan to Smith to Keegan and Newcastle were undressed!!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #161 on: July 8, 2008, 09:25:37 pm »
Oh look another ridiculous statement about fans who were murdered, I'm so glad we have so many caring fans who aren't judgemental!!!!

That's interesting, according to your logic, players should boycott clubs where fans died?

I do believe the incident did not happen in the stadium, and even if Galatasaray as a club had tried really hard to prevent it, it's foolish to think that they have jurisdiction and law enforcement power across the entire city of Istanbul, especially to prevent two small sets of fans breaking into spontaneous violence.

Question to you is - do you blame Galatasaray or Turkey as a whole for what happened? What if Kewell had gone to say Fenerbahce - would that have been ok?

Furthermore, didn't an iconic Ian Rush move to Juventus after a tragedy that cost 19 times more lives?

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: July 8, 2008, 09:31:35 pm »
We had fans stabbed in Rome in 2001 (thank god nobody died like) maybe we should take back the red headed one as we shouldn't be dealing with Roma . As far as I can see it , it has nothing to do with the club what happens in the city streets . Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see the problem with Kewell going their , life moves on .

Offline sull14

• Legacy Fan
  • Random Avatar Title.
« Reply #163 on: July 8, 2008, 11:57:53 pm »
The easiest way to sum up Harry is to say, if he had been a racehorse, he would have been shot years ago.

:lmao :lmao :lmao
JFT96

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: July 9, 2008, 02:33:42 am »
Having thought further about this, I think it's a fucking wicked topic.

It's gotta piss off the Leeds fans to no end. To them, it's not a matter of who's fault what was, it's more that Kewell brings back a lot of memories of 2 men who left to cheer him, and never came back. Whether they were rude, drunk, obnoxious, ignorant or stupid, no one deserves to get stabbed to death in a foreign country. It rocked Leeds, the club, the fans, the general populace, everyone, and club went downhill for a variety of reasons soon afterwards. It's a painful reminder of a nasty incident in the past, and they are probably justified in condemning Kewell for stoking long simmered embers.

Galatasaray from what I can tell need a reality check. If this hastens the exit of the most promising young player from Turkish football, and it probably does, let me tell say - we've fucking been there, we've been at the apex of a Harry Cool For Fookin Free orgasm. We've suffered through 4 years of dashed hopes, comebacks, sudden starts in Cup finals, flashes of brilliance, and even, dare I say it, 1 good season. But that was four years ago, he's four years older, and if all the best sports medicines, facilities, doctors,  trainers, drugs, and training techniques couldn't put Harry Dumpty together again, there is fuck all chance that a team in perennial financial difficulties is going to get the best out of him. More likely Cim Bom will force him to the breaking point and he won't last his entire contract. It's going to be very interesting what Cim Bom fans will think of a player that never plays, and cashes paychecks.

For us Liverpool fans, I probably speak for the majority when I say my biggest feeling is one of sheer disappointment. He was supposed to be Number 7, The One, he had it in him, it wasn't even potential like - had he produced 3-4 seasons of his Leeds form, we'd be over the double decade hump now. He came here, sat around, and we defended him - we bayed for him in Athens - and then he just fucked off. He owed us, and he ran out of town before giving us his due. And his choice of destination - the only possible destination that could have been received as *bitterly* as Galatasaray (for right or wrong reasons) - made sure we, as a collective, felt cheated. So it wasn't all misunderstanding Harry, you really were about the fucking money, weren't you?

« Last Edit: July 9, 2008, 02:35:58 am by El Campeador »

Offline paisleysshirt

• Main Stander
« Reply #165 on: July 9, 2008, 08:55:27 pm »
Of course, concern about the culture being the first words that pop to mind.

Not, of course, about excitement, language, multi-cultured upbringing, history, weather, or raising a kid in this world who has a Turkish friend to watch the fucking football with. No, definitely, concern comes to mind. I hear they still have bones through their noses.

nice one ;)

He was supposed to be Number 7, The One, he had it in him, it wasn't even potential like - had he produced 3-4 seasons of his Leeds form, we'd be over the double decade hump now. He came here, sat around, and we defended him - we bayed for him in Athens - and then he just fucked off. He owed us, and he ran out of town before giving us his due.

true again.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2008, 08:59:21 pm by paisleysshirt »
'Shanks has gone and they're giving me the job even though I didn't really want it. But we must try to carry on what he's started'

Offline Redband

• Anny Roader
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2008, 03:11:36 pm »
I imagine a Turkish flare will go off about 200 rows from the pitch and Kewell will use that as an excuse to sit on his arse for the rest of his contract. :no
Naah, the police will protect him, just like what happened in 2001  8)

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2008, 04:38:50 pm »
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2008, 10:48:14 pm »
Back up?
It's not an argument.

Fact is Benitez offered him a contract.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/05/09/peter-crouch-and-harry-kewell-look-set-to-leave-liverpool-100252-20885664/

Wasn't arguing, just asking you to provide evidence of your statement!

This you have done, I thank you, and fair enough, Harry Kewell can go fuck himself :wave
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are the best GALATASARAY
    • Galatasaray's Best Web  Forum
« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2008, 06:17:57 pm »
Kewell is doing wonderful both for Gala and for the National team. No hint injuries, completely physically fit and everybody loves him for the amount of enthusiasm he shows to be at Galatasaray.

Here is his latest interview to an Aussie paper. It would have bothered me slightly if I was a Liverpool fan.

-------------------------

Harry Kewell's move to Galatasaray is more than a new page in the Socceroos captain's career. In his own words, his shock move to Turkey has almost rewritten the book. Finally, he admits, he can move on from his five-year spell at Liverpool, where he was ravaged by injury and savaged by English media.

"If this was a book, then the last five years would be sealed together," Kewell said in his first major interview since joining Galatasaray. "It is almost like the story would jump straight from when I was at Leeds to Galatasaray."

No more shall we discuss the horror of Anfield. Kewell has moved on, physically and mentally. Importantly, he has fast proved a hit with Galatasaray fans. The reason is simple: he let his boot do the talking. The Socceroo scored with his first touch on debut last month, a 2-1 win against Kayserispor in the Super Kupa, an annual season-opener played between league champions and cup winners.

The performance had local media in a spin and sparked a rush for Galatasaray shirts bearing Kewell's name and squad number, with the official club store claiming 10,000 sales in the seven days after the Super Kupa win.

It is, of course, early days but the admiration is also mutual.

Kewell's enthusiasm for his new home on the Bosphorus seems so strong it would be no surprise if it was revealed the Turkish government had signed the Australian to a tourism sponsorship deal.

"Istanbul is a wonderful city," Kewell said. "The people are fantastic. The club is fantastic. Everything that you need is here. The food is great. The club looks after me. Driving a car is a little bit crazy but I quite enjoy a challenge.

"If I had to sum up this move in one word, I would say that it's exciting. Istanbul is an eye-opener. The whole place is exciting. When I was first thinking about coming here, I spoke to people about it and the reaction was, 'Wow, are you sure?' Now, every time I talk to people, they have either lived in Istanbul, been to Istanbul, or heard such good things about Istanbul that they want to go there."

Kewell's positive outlook is authentic, close friend and Socceroos teammate Lucas Neill says.

"I spoke to Harry after he moved and he was excited about the new challenge," Neill said. "I'm happy for him. He has a lot to prove, not to himself because we know how good a player he is, but to a lot of the knockers. Harry went through a period of bad luck and there's a lot he wants to make up for. I bet he has a cracking season."

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2008, 06:20:50 pm »
We heard alot of similar talk from him about how he's "fit now, and raring to go".

I wish him luck at Galatasary, but it's far too soon to hail his move as a success. See how many matches he plays in the next 2 years.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2008, 06:28:10 pm »

he's not really, I liked him.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2008, 10:19:33 am »
Maybe Servet is keepong him in line, wouldnt wanna mess with him ;D

(Skrtel couldnt do that, he came too late to the club ;D)
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Red Moose

• Kopite
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2008, 09:31:48 pm »

-------------------------

Kewell said "but I quite enjoy a challenge"

Why did you hurdle so many last season then?

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2008, 06:33:25 pm »
With yesterday's goal he is now 4 goals in 7 games I believe.

No sign of injury or any discomfort. He seems to be extremely happy to be in Istanbul.

Happy birthday Harry, GLAD to have you!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2008, 06:38:41 pm »
Wanker. Couldn't be arsed to play for the best team in England, but how excited he seems to be playing for the third best side in Istanbul.

I suppose that's his level. Waste of wages for 5 years.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2008, 06:41:12 pm »
Wanker. Couldn't be arsed to play for the best team in England, but how excited he seems to be playing for the third best side in Istanbul.

The third best side huh? Wow I smell sour grapes :)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2008, 06:42:32 pm »

Sour grapes? For not having to spend £50K a week on a player that spends 99% of his time on the treatment table?

:lmao

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2008, 06:44:03 pm »

They must be some expensive grapes.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2008, 07:20:47 pm »
With yesterday's goal he is now 4 goals in 7 games I believe.

No sign of injury or any discomfort. He seems to be extremely happy to be in Istanbul.

Happy birthday Harry, GLAD to have you!

Its only cos hes afraid to mess with Servet ;D
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2008, 08:34:42 pm »
"If this was a book, then the last five years would be sealed together," Kewell said in his first major interview since joining Galatasaray. "It is almost like the story would jump straight from when I was at Leeds to Galatasaray."

Surely not Harry, after all, there are about 16 million reasons to remember those 5 years
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2008, 08:45:47 pm »

Well said.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2008, 08:47:17 pm »
Well that would be because he never did anything during the 5 years worth writing about. The twat.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2008, 08:50:03 pm »
Made up for him.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2008, 09:47:04 pm »

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2008, 10:16:34 pm »
Yep, 1 game definitely decides which team is better. All the cups, history, achievements etc. does not matter at all.

For example, Aydinspor, who beat Fenerbahce 6-1 is a much better team, even though they are in 3rd division or whatever.

........................!

Exactly my point, sour grapes.

Offline Red Moose

• Kopite
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2008, 10:26:03 pm »
Exactly my point, sour grapes.

We put up with Kewell for 5 fucking years paying him £60,000 a week, it takes me 2 years to earn that so excuse if I am a little sour of Harry fucking Kewell taking that money for jumping out of tackles and flinching at the slightest bodily contact.

The bloke is a shithouse, Liverpool fan my arse.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2008, 03:13:27 pm »
We put up with Kewell for 5 fucking years paying him £60,000 a week, it takes me 2 years to earn that so excuse if I am a little sour of Harry fucking Kewell taking that money for jumping out of tackles and flinching at the slightest bodily contact.

The bloke is a shithouse, Liverpool fan my arse.

I'm no longer a fan of Kewell, but you're an idiot if you think he was faking his injuries. If he had stayed fit and in top form, he would still be playing at the top level at a top league now, probably making substantially more than he is at Gala.

What I don't quite understand is what exactly happened with him last season. My understanding of it was that his struggle to find form coincided with the team having its bad run, and Rafa simply stopped picking him. What I don't get though, is why we would have (or so I hear) offered him a new contract for him to refuse at the end? Can anyone clear this up for me?

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2008, 06:45:02 pm »
I'm no longer a fan of Kewell, but you're an idiot if you think he was faking his injuries. If he had stayed fit and in top form, he would still be playing at the top level at a top league now, probably making substantially more than he is at Gala.

What I don't quite understand is what exactly happened with him last season. My understanding of it was that his struggle to find form coincided with the team having its bad run, and Rafa simply stopped picking him. What I don't get though, is why we would have (or so I hear) offered him a new contract for him to refuse at the end? Can anyone clear this up for me?

From what I heard, you guys have tried to cut back his wage, which makes sense as he didn't play very much. I wonder how low Rafa wanted to go as he is making 1.8 M Euros in Gala per year. He also said all the other offers were for one year but Gala's offer was for 2.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2008, 06:46:19 pm »
What's the cost of living like in Turkey?

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2008, 07:16:55 pm »
What's the cost of living like in Turkey?

Istanbul is becoming bloody expensive, even though it has always been the most expensive place to live in Turkey, it's gotten worse since economic output picked up, and the currency was re-valued. The lira has gained some ground against the dollar over the past few years after literally decades of getting worse.

Inflation has been historically an endemic problem in Turkey also, and the real estate market has picked up along with everywhere else. Is it London? Hell no, but then again, it isn't cheap either, much more so when you look at it from a local point of view.

However, the classes that are squeezed are invariably the poor, the retired, the lower middle class, and others on fixed incomes. Folks like Harry Kewell won't be anywhere near the poverty line.

Match tickets have gone through the roof. Fenerbahce makes money hand over fist in their newly renovated modern stadium. Galatasaray is still packed in the same little deathtrap they've always been in, and cannot possibly make much from gate receipts, considering the Kewells they have to pay.

And no Champions League for them again.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2008, 09:36:31 pm »
Istanbul is becoming bloody expensive, even though it has always been the most expensive place to live in Turkey, it's gotten worse since economic output picked up, and the currency was re-valued. The lira has gained some ground against the dollar over the past few years after literally decades of getting worse.

Inflation has been historically an endemic problem in Turkey also, and the real estate market has picked up along with everywhere else. Is it London? Hell no, but then again, it isn't cheap either, much more so when you look at it from a local point of view.

However, the classes that are squeezed are invariably the poor, the retired, the lower middle class, and others on fixed incomes. Folks like Harry Kewell won't be anywhere near the poverty line.

Match tickets have gone through the roof. Fenerbahce makes money hand over fist in their newly renovated modern stadium. Galatasaray is still packed in the same little deathtrap they've always been in, and cannot possibly make much from gate receipts, considering the Kewells they have to pay.

And no Champions League for them again.

Yeah, deathtrap for whoever comes and plays against us.

A little video prepared by a friend of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL3CHDzpMGc

I don't want to get into a Gala economic debate here but maybe we should discuss this on the Gala topic I have so that I can educate you a little bit...

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2008, 09:47:16 pm »
So how many games/appearances, goals and  assists has he provided to Gala so far?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2008, 09:51:00 pm »
From what I heard, you guys have tried to cut back his wage, which makes sense as he didn't play very much. I wonder how low Rafa wanted to go as he is making 1.8 M Euros in Gala per year. He also said all the other offers were for one year but Gala's offer was for 2.

Yes, but why were we offering him a contract at all, when he wasn't even making the bench, was what I wanted to know? If we were only offering him a contract to leave him as an option on the bench, obviously it made sense for him to leave.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2008, 10:00:08 pm »
So how many games/appearances, goals and  assists has he provided to Gala so far?

4 goals in 7 games, I didn't count the assists but I think he got a couple.

Also he is acting as a true born leader, organizing the team (offense and defense) and he is encouraging everyone to put more into the game. I think these are as important as goals and assists if not more. Even Lincoln started to play more focused after Kewell joined.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2008, 10:06:16 pm »
Can't you lock this thread? A shit house player who did nothing worth remembering and is no longer a Liverpool player. Would barely get a round of applause if he ever came back to play against us. Why are we still talking about him?

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2008, 03:19:34 am »
Can't you lock this thread? A shit house player who did nothing worth remembering and is no longer a Liverpool player. Would barely get a round of applause if he ever came back to play against us. Why are we still talking about him?

It's in General Football and Sport.  If you don't give a toss about him then stop coming onto this thread, it's not exactly like its existence is waking you up in the middle of the night, no?
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Red Moose

• Kopite
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2008, 10:02:59 am »
I'm no longer a fan of Kewell, but you're an idiot if you think he was faking his injuries.

Where exactly did I say he was faking his injuries??? You need to go back to school friend.

Kewell was fully fit last season after being eased back in by Rafa and when it was time for him to push on and earn the new contract he was talking to the press about, we then saw him on several occasions hurdling challenges and scared to put a tackle in.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2008, 11:58:07 am »
Where exactly did I say he was faking his injuries??? You need to go back to school friend.

Kewell was fully fit last season after being eased back in by Rafa and when it was time for him to push on and earn the new contract he was talking to the press about, we then saw him on several occasions hurdling challenges and scared to put a tackle in.

My apologies, I was a little confused about your language.

I think you're setting standards of conduct that most people in the world couldn't keep though, possibly yourself included. If you've been injured pretty much 3.5 out of 5 years, it would be hard to avoid developing a fear of a recurrence of injury. Problem was, even when he had the ball, he wasn't up to much with it. He was simply not good enough. Then, according to some sources, we offered him a new contract even though he didn't play for us in the last 6 months of his contract. Why would we do that? It's completely bizarre, considering that he wasn't even being picked.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2008, 12:37:15 pm »
Couldn't care less how he does in Turkey. Prick.