Author Topic: Harry Kewell  (Read 47818 times)

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
Re: Harry Kewell
« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
It's official:  Kewell will coach Watford 's U-21s this season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/9922504/harry-kewell-joins-watford-as-coach
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #401 on: July 25, 2015, 04:55:44 PM »
That ankle injury he got when he came on at half time to rescue a freaking Carling Cup match against Bolton (why, Houllier, why!) was the point at which he basically became a shell of the player he formerly was. That was around halfway through his first season and he'd been terrific up to that point. When he came back from that injury, he'd lost a huge amount of pace, it was ridiculous. Was still extremely talented with his reduced mobility - I mean, Rafa played him basically always when he was fit, and Rafa never had much room for luxury players - but never again would you see him running at defenders at full hilt. Bit similar to the Torres situation and the 2010 World Cup, honestly.

You look back at the medical department during those times as well, doesn't exactly fill you with confidence that the players had the best rehab possible. If we could have given him that, who knows, Kewell might have had a longer period at his best.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: July 28, 2015, 05:09:53 AM »
You look back at the medical department during those times as well, doesn't exactly fill you with confidence that the players had the best rehab possible. If we could have given him that, who knows, Kewell might have had a longer period at his best.

They royal fucked him over. Diagnosing blood poisoning from blister as gout another example.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Believer
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #403 on: July 28, 2015, 06:23:48 AM »
The Kewell were looking for was the one who marauded for Leeds all the way to Europe. And as already mentioned players seem to get crocked more frequently when they make the move to the team.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • Believer
  • Gunmen are dumb as fuck.
« Reply #404 on: August 13, 2015, 08:15:17 AM »
Just read his interview on coaching the Watford U21s. Interesting stuff, wish him all the best.
Hodgson was a decent manager, without doubt in the top 1% of Football managers should we of said he is decent and made do.The same with Konchesky again if you look at people who play Football then he was definitely within the top 1% of people who play Football.

Online Chalky Boots

• Believer
  • Opinion≠Facts
« Reply #405 on: August 19, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »
Was proper happy when we signed him, remember Rushie or Hansen saying we'd nabbed ourselves a new Ray Kennedy which only added to that excitement. We completely mismanaged him from the off though, he'd come off a season with Leeds where they'd played him when he should have been nowhere near the pitch and Houlier really ignored that from the off. I won't place it all on Ged, the medical department was well behind the standards Arsenal were setting at the time but the club as a whole could have handled it better. Harry used to get a tonne of shit for being a sicknote even though I'd argue he had a higher pain threshold than some of our more recent favourites, he was just royally bollocks'd.

If Kewell wasn't fucked by the time Rafa took over I'd have loved to have seen what we as a team could've done with him alongside Xabi, Masch and Stevie.

Wish him well at Watford, was an intelligent player as well as super talented so you hope he can have a positive affect whoever he coaches.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Believer
« Reply #406 on: August 19, 2015, 10:49:13 PM »
My mate has been doing his a licence with him, says he's a lovely bloke who got involved in everything football and social. Francis Jeffers on the other hand is a cock who plays billy big bollocks all the time.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #407 on: August 24, 2015, 06:40:49 AM »
Harry Kewell sues Jeep over dropped sponsorship for his junior academy

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/soccer-star-harry-kewell-sues-jeep-for-breach-of-contract-over-his-junior-training-academy/story-fntzoymg-1227493648673

Not sure what's going on, but apparently Fiat Chrysler Australia was providing Kewell with a free car while a former executive was siphoning off money for a "web services" company that he owned.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world-business/fiat-chrysler-australia-scandal-reaches-uk-company-with-ties-to-clyde-campbell-20150616-ghpb09.html
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

Offline OzBomber

• Believer
« Reply #408 on: August 26, 2015, 09:39:57 AM »
I thought he was a quality player, but his inability to stay fit was very frustrating... his injuries pretty much put paid to him, IMO.

The Aussies voted him their best ever footballer a couple of years ago.  :o

Best of luck to the fella in his retirement.
Tim Cahill's our best ever footballer in terms of contribution to the country. Scored a ridiculous amount of important goals (06/10/14 World Cups, multiple goals in Asian Cups + other important goals).

However Harry Kewell is easily the most talented. Had the most technical ability of any Australian I've seen.

I'm just glad Kewell was numero uno in Australia when I started watching football or else I'd be a blueshite right about now...

Offline AlphaDelta

• Believer
  • We're not English we're Scouse!
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2015, 04:05:37 PM »
Never worked out for Kewell at Anfield, and I dont think a lot of the fans took to him the end, but for me I remember his goal in the Derby when Gerrard got sent off! :) :) :)
Boss goal and a boss game.
"I know this is a place for big football moments - we didn't start this story, there were other people. But we know about our responsibility to try to write a few nice stories in football and tonight it was a really nice story."

Online B@rneylovesfookinchrimbo

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2015, 05:26:16 PM »
Never worked out for Kewell at Anfield, and I dont think a lot of the fans took to him the end, but for me I remember his goal in the Derby when Gerrard got sent off! :) :) :)
Boss goal and a boss game.

He flattened Gary Neville when we beat them 1-0 in the FA cup too after about 2 minutes. That's probably my favourite Kewell moment.

Also had a big hand in the Olympiakos game. As much as people like to give credit to Gerrard for that game, Kewell, Pongolle, and Neil Mellor all played their part too.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #411 on: February 21, 2016, 04:36:16 PM »
Kewell burned bridges with Leeds supporters when he played for Galatasaray

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/21/harry-kewell-shares-feelings-on-sleeping-giant-leeds-discusses-p/

...it was his move to Galatasaray in 2008 which really offended Leeds supporters.

As reported by BBC, two Leeds fans were sadly killed by Galatasaray supporters before a UEFA Cup clash in 2000 - when Kewell was still a Leeds player, a move which was seen as unforgivable for many supporters.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Believer
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Home Of The Reds
« Reply #412 on: February 22, 2016, 04:02:25 AM »
He flattened Gary Neville when we beat them 1-0 in the FA cup too after about 2 minutes. That's probably my favourite Kewell moment.

Also had a big hand in the Olympiakos game. As much as people like to give credit to Gerrard for that game, Kewell, Pongolle, and Neil Mellor all played their part too.

Chelsea game the same season we won the FA Cup too - in the semis. Had a brilliant game.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #413 on: February 22, 2016, 09:53:41 AM »
Chelsea game the same season we won the FA Cup too - in the semis. Had a brilliant game.
he was brilliant in that game

same that season at home to everton. Gerrard was sent off and he stepped up to the plate

scored a belter too
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online sacred.....time of year

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #414 on: February 22, 2016, 10:05:36 AM »
He was here longer than you tend to think and generally Rafa picked him when fit. Even in those group games v Porto and Marseille when we needed to win he started. Not quite sure when his last game for us was, can't remember him playing much after that.
I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

Offline Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #415 on: February 22, 2016, 10:06:52 AM »
He was here longer than you tend to think and generally Rafa picked him when fit. Even in those group games v Porto and Marseille when we needed to win he started. Not quite sure when his last game for us was, can't remember him playing much after that.
think it was barnsley in the fa cup in 2008
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #416 on: May 23, 2017, 08:45:31 AM »
Kewell has left his coaching position with Watford's U-23s, and is favored to get his first manager's position at L2 Crawley Town.

http://www.espnfc.com/english-league-two/story/3132055/harry-kewell-set-for-first-managerial-job-at-crawley-town-reports

Offline Stand Free

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #417 on: May 23, 2017, 02:14:26 PM »
Officially announced as Crawley Head Coach. Good luck to him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40013576

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #418 on: May 23, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »
Managing my local side. Will be interested to see how he gets on.

Offline Linudden

• Kopite
« Reply #419 on: May 23, 2017, 04:43:53 PM »
All-red team as well!

Good luck to Harry! Shame about his injuries or he'd been the McManaman of the 2000's for us.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #420 on: May 27, 2017, 05:07:42 PM »
Good luck Harry. Along with Litmanen, he was probably the signing that excited me most back in the day. Awesome player in his pomp. Hope he does great - -comes across as a top fella.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Believer
« Reply #421 on: August 5, 2017, 03:12:36 PM »
Just heard he was Crawley manager, I had no idea.. will be interesting to see how he does!
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Online Redsnappa

• Pining for a League Championship
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Kevin Keegan walks on water nanananana nananana!
« Reply #422 on: November 19, 2017, 06:12:20 PM »
Not going well for Harry ...  :-\

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42045348

'Sing something simple, you simple twats!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVZIx3tuxws

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team.
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #423 on: November 19, 2017, 09:20:37 PM »
Not going well for Harry ...  :-\

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42045348

at least he’s been given a bit of time i suppose