Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 289715 times)

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #2520 on: December 2, 2021, 05:00:32 am »
working his way to fitness just doesn't sell as much as refusing to play.

thats the clickbait level of gutter journalism nowdays.

A certain brad jones is playing for Perth glory as well.

It was nothing to do with gutter journalism.  It was a quote from the club owner.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2521 on: December 3, 2021, 12:36:43 pm »
It was nothing to do with gutter journalism.  It was a quote from the club owner.

It's a bit of both. The owner did say it, but it wasn't to be critical of Sturridge really and more pointing out that he isn't fit yet and felt that after a 4hr flight he was cramping up so the decision was made to not give him any minutes.

Offline devilfysh

• Main Stander

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2523 on: December 17, 2021, 11:15:12 am »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXlBf4GgD68/

hahaha an actual hero. can't wait until he's on MOTD.
YNWA.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2524 on: December 17, 2021, 11:24:02 am »

Hahahaha that's my GOAT right there.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2525 on: December 17, 2021, 12:33:38 pm »
Nice touch with the hat too, paying homage to the last time the ev won a trophy.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2526 on: December 17, 2021, 09:46:55 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2527 on: December 17, 2021, 10:26:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/DanielSturridge/status/1471764593722605570?s=20
I'd be shocked if he lasts the season. The lack of consistency between states with regards to isolation rules is nothing short of farcical, especially for professional sports. How can you expect an entire squad to be holed up in hotel rooms for 14 days and then physically be able to play a professional competition at the country's highest level.

If this was AFL (Aussie Rules) there is absolutely no way this would happen.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2528 on: December 17, 2021, 10:43:39 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2529 on: December 18, 2021, 04:23:01 pm »
Oh man those comments

Good on you Studge!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2530 on: December 18, 2021, 04:31:26 pm »

Ha ha that's great :D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2531 on: December 18, 2021, 07:49:58 pm »
Ha ha that's great :D

I sent it my Mam,she loves him & had me copy and send the audio file,she now has it has her ringtone  ;D

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2533 on: December 26, 2021, 06:38:28 pm »
You’d have to be some kind of arsehole to go to court over demanding someone pays you a reward for finding their dog wouldn’t you?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2534 on: December 26, 2021, 06:48:37 pm »
defo

plus, if i was a celeb and posted about a big money reward i'd be fairly convinced the person coming forward was likely to be the original dog thief

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2535 on: December 26, 2021, 07:45:13 pm »
You’d have to be some kind of arsehole to go to court over demanding someone pays you a reward for finding their dog wouldn’t you?

Depends,that money is life changing for him but not so much for Sturridge.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2536 on: December 26, 2021, 07:45:44 pm »
Did he offer a reward?

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2537 on: December 26, 2021, 07:53:51 pm »
Is Sturridge even in the US anymore? Tell them to do one, unless he has plans to go back, in which case, he might have no other option other than to pay or appeal?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2538 on: December 26, 2021, 08:18:47 pm »
Is Sturridge even in the US anymore? Tell them to do one, unless he has plans to go back, in which case, he might have no other option other than to pay or appeal?

Football players seem able to dodge tax demands from various countries with wilful ease. Don't see why Sturridge can't evade this.  8)

Didn't click the link, but presumably if this guy can afford the lawyers to take Sturridge to court, does he really need reward money that much? I'm pretty sure Daniel can afford better lawyers.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2539 on: December 26, 2021, 08:59:54 pm »
Did he offer a reward?

Yeah "$20,000-30,000 anything"

Were his words.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2540 on: December 26, 2021, 09:00:40 pm »

It's his favourite place isn't it,plus I think he owns a pad there.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2541 on: December 26, 2021, 09:01:48 pm »
Football players seem able to dodge tax demands from various countries with wilful ease. Don't see why Sturridge can't evade this.  8)

Didn't click the link, but presumably if this guy can afford the lawyers to take Sturridge to court, does he really need reward money that much? I'm pretty sure Daniel can afford better lawyers.

Not sure about now but he was living in his car.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2542 on: December 26, 2021, 11:31:01 pm »
Not sure about now but he was living in his car.
Doesn't work like that in the States, the plaintiff doesn't have to pay a dime. For a case like this, you will have a queue of lawyers offering to take your case for free, and they'll keep most of the proceeds of the winnings. If the guy is suing Sturridge for 30k, he'd probably get 10-15k, and Sturridge will end up paying $100k including layers and court fees. The layers would probably regret that the figure is not in the millions. I had a friend who had an issue with Magic Mountain (he still got the scars), layers got him cornered with offers. They won $1.3m in damages, of which his cut was $55k... Brilliant system that!...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2543 on: December 27, 2021, 12:00:34 am »
Doesn't work like that in the States, the plaintiff doesn't have to pay a dime. For a case like this, you will have a queue of lawyers offering to take your case for free, and they'll keep most of the proceeds of the winnings. If the guy is suing Sturridge for 30k, he'd probably get 10-15k, and Sturridge will end up paying $100k including layers and court fees. The layers would probably regret that the figure is not in the millions. I had a friend who had an issue with Magic Mountain (he still got the scars), layers got him cornered with offers. They won $1.3m in damages, of which his cut was $55k... Brilliant system that!...

Not sure what that has to do with him living in his car  ;D

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #2544 on: December 31, 2021, 03:17:00 pm »
As if you ever missed this, but in case you did, the big man has tweeted and embedded the video from his wonderful equaliser at Stamford Bridge 2018 :-

https://twitter.com/DanielSturridge/status/1476741616257802242

Had to show some respect for the blues and not celebrate but it was an amazing feeling I must say :-)
Looking forward to watching the red men @LFC
 vs @ChelseaFC
 whatever time of day it is out here. Gonna be a  tactical game for sure . Excited to see how it plays out

A reminder of how much talent he had and his contribution

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2545 on: December 31, 2021, 03:46:29 pm »
Very few will agree but he's one of the most technically gifted players i've watched. I'm always gutted injuries took so much from him because he was an absolute joy to watch at his best. His shooting technique is quite ridiculous when you watch back his goals

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2546 on: April 22, 2022, 11:20:26 am »
Sounds like things have turned sour in Australia for one of my favourite ever LFC players.

Only played 93 minutes for Perth Glory, yet to score, and the CEO of the Club has come out saying that he's been a big disappointment, he can't stay fit and it's very unlikely they'll offer him a new contract. Also moaning that they spent £18,000 on extra Sturridge shirts in the club shop that have remained unsold. Small time, petty stuff given he's still a player there.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2547 on: April 22, 2022, 12:24:35 pm »
Sounds like things have turned sour in Australia for one of my favourite ever LFC players.

Only played 93 minutes for Perth Glory, yet to score, and the CEO of the Club has come out saying that he's been a big disappointment, he can't stay fit and it's very unlikely they'll offer him a new contract. Also moaning that they spent £18,000 on extra Sturridge shirts in the club shop that have remained unsold. Small time, petty stuff given he's still a player there.

Imagine signing an injury prone player then moaning when he's injury prone.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2548 on: April 29, 2022, 02:55:43 pm »
Imagine signing an injury prone player then moaning when he's injury prone.
Perth Glory have loved signing a player to simply court media attention in the past too, he's come across a nob there the CEO, publicly wringing Sturridge out.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2549 on: June 3, 2022, 11:17:40 am »
He's been released by Perth Glory

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2550 on: June 3, 2022, 03:48:06 pm »
What a shame
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #2551 on: June 6, 2022, 12:23:11 pm »

Wouldn't be like Western Australians to have a chip on their shoulder ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2552 on: June 6, 2022, 05:55:34 pm »
i wonder where next for him

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2553 on: June 6, 2022, 07:12:36 pm »
Can't believe he was with us only three years ago, feels like a lot longer. His career has completely nosedived, wonder if anyone in the Championship would take him.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2554 on: June 6, 2022, 08:19:46 pm »

They’ve got shirts with Sturridge on the back online, selling for 189.99 Aussie Dollars which is about £109. Absolutely absurd. Football kits are a joke these days but that’s another topic I suppose.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2555 on: June 6, 2022, 09:00:34 pm »
We need strikers! We should sign him on a pay as you play deal!

We'd owe nothing.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2556 on: June 6, 2022, 11:47:29 pm »
Love Studge - I will forever think fondly and with a smile when I think of those early years he had with us.

Unfortunately he looks finished now (I hope not for his sake). But if he is, he can hold his head up high for having an excellent career at the top level.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2557 on: June 7, 2022, 06:42:34 am »
I think MLS if anybody is interested. Problem is he won't get a designated spot so the wages would be really low for him, essentially what he used to get in a week here would be his annual wage. Can he live with/on that?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2558 on: June 7, 2022, 10:08:26 am »
Probably should just retire now, he's played 22 times in 3 years and most of them as a sub. Considering the season he's just had in Australia, I really dont see who on earth would even take a punt on him.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2559 on: June 7, 2022, 11:13:40 am »
Yep, he's been finished since he left here. Shame like. The A League is well worse than MLS so I think he should be a no go for those teams as well. Should retire and just look back on a career that 99% of footballers wish they could have had.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.