Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1754124 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #7000 on: December 12, 2018, 10:23:03 pm »
Those were shocking misses. A player of his talent shouldn't be missing such chances. For me it points to a lack of concentration. I will bench him.

The number of times he gets caught offside is really frustrating- isn't staying onside a basic requirement for a goal-scorer.

Agreed, Mane don't make my world go round
I'm reaching out to a higher ground...
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #7001 on: December 12, 2018, 10:37:36 pm »
Glad he's saved 4 goals for this weekend.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7002 on: December 12, 2018, 10:42:26 pm »
Just saying it as I see it.
His misses could have cost us last night.

Out of the front three he is the easiest to replace. Good player for sure but too erratic for me

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7003 on: December 12, 2018, 10:45:18 pm »
He will get two at the weekend
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7004 on: December 12, 2018, 10:47:19 pm »
He will get two at the weekend

I hope so.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7005 on: December 12, 2018, 10:47:31 pm »

Out of the front three he is the easiest to replace. Good player for sure but too erratic for me

Agree. we could get 15 million for him, and we can get depoitre from huddersfield for a bit less - good deal.
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7006 on: December 12, 2018, 10:50:25 pm »

Pulling rank on Kloppo?

What he offers is so much more than goal scoring. He affectively played left-mid with more responsibilities than Salah who was more advanced. He's invaluable and if you can't see that, it'd explain a lot.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #7007 on: December 12, 2018, 10:51:50 pm »
Just score a hatrick against the mancs and all is forgiven.    8)

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7008 on: December 12, 2018, 10:54:05 pm »
Pulling rank on Kloppo?

What he offers is so much more than goal scoring. He affectively played left-mid with more responsibilities than Salah who was more advanced. He's invaluable and if you can't see that, it'd explain a lot.

We don’t get a lot of goals from midfield so our forward players need to be more decisive when chances arise. His misses last night were irresponsible

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7009 on: December 12, 2018, 10:56:06 pm »
We don’t get a lot of goals from midfield so our forward players need to be more decisive when chances arise. His misses last night were irresponsible

He's not a forward player he's a left sided midfielder. Who has an elite scoring record for such a position.

wind your neck in

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7010 on: December 12, 2018, 10:58:29 pm »
He's not a forward player he's a left sided midfielder. Who has an elite scoring record for such a position.

wind your neck in

Do you find it difficult to accept that opinions can differ?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7011 on: December 12, 2018, 10:58:54 pm »

Cavani is the easiest to replace out of PSGs front 3. It doesn't really mean much to be honest

They could have cost us but they didn't. Our players missing the headers before the Alisson save could have cost us, Salahs misses could have cost us.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #7012 on: December 12, 2018, 10:58:59 pm »
His finishing reminds me of Suarez circa 2011-2012 when he would snatch at great chances. He just needs a bit of composure when the chance comes to him because it seems like his mind goes at a million miles an hour. Take a touch if you need it.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7013 on: December 12, 2018, 11:01:33 pm »
Do you find it difficult to accept that opinions can differ?

I find it difficult to accept absolute nonsense. Everyone has an opinion, doesn't mean they're all correct in your case it's absolute tripe.

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7014 on: December 12, 2018, 11:08:44 pm »
I find it difficult to accept absolute nonsense. Everyone has an opinion, doesn't mean they're all correct in your case it's absolute tripe.

Get off your high horse pal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7015 on: December 12, 2018, 11:10:19 pm »
Get off your high horse pal

No, I'm going to wait so I can tell Klopp to bench one of his best players  ::)

You may want to stop sniffing glue. You've been spouting some utter nonsense in this thread alone, before his contract was signed, etc..

You have a knack for it, i.e talking bllcks.

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7016 on: December 12, 2018, 11:11:43 pm »
No, I'm going to wait so I can tell Klopp to bench one of his best players  ::)

You may want to stop sniffing glue.

You have a problem, need some anger management

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7017 on: December 12, 2018, 11:12:41 pm »
You have a problem, need some anger management

You have a problem with Mane clear as day, based on everything you've said on this thread about him, even before this match. You were advocating for us to sell him if he didn't sign a contract right away with 3 years left on his current deal before he extended it

::)

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7018 on: December 12, 2018, 11:13:53 pm »
I'm not sure I could bench him. Google says he's about 69kg and I don't lift very often.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7019 on: December 12, 2018, 11:19:12 pm »
You have a problem with Mane clear as day, based on everything you've said on this thread about him, even before this match. You were advocating for us to sell him if he didn't sign a contract right away with 3 years left on his current deal before he extended it

::)

I don't rate him as highly as you do. What is wrong with that?  Do I have to form my opinions based on what you, or other people think. That is called diversity of opinions and we agree to disagree.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7020 on: December 12, 2018, 11:21:22 pm »
So you weren't taking the mick at all and once you were called out on your pathetic comparison you blinked and tried to pass it off as a joke.

40 goals in 94 appearances from the wing does not a bad finisher make.

He misses a few chances, as does everyone in the world, even Messi and Ronaldo.

That's completely untrue. Mane scores a truckload because he creates a truckload of opportunities. He's not a poor finisher by any means but he is an incredibly inconsistent finisher. Personally, I think his move into a more no.10 like position hasn't helped him as much as he is an instinctive player. If he played 5m further up the pitch and dribbled more instead of trying to play like a passing playmaker, I think he would instantly become far more dangerous. That said, he is still a hugely valuable player and is unplayable on his day, and generally speaking, is a very high quality player.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7021 on: December 12, 2018, 11:24:33 pm »

wind your neck in
Bingpot.

Just checked our average positions on the Liverpoolfc.com site and it proved that the view isn't just perception, but reality. In fact, Mane is slightly less advanced on average than Gini. Of course his goal output will be limited. Look at Salah on the other wing, for instance. Madness that the fella wants him dropped. Mane is our second top striker in a team that has undeniably swapped a few goals for more defensive rigidity.

Average position is here: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/329773-stats-liverpool-napoli-stats if anyone's interested. Mane is, in fact, level with Milly, too.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7022 on: December 12, 2018, 11:29:00 pm »
Without any disrespect, this has to be the most uninformed comment I have heard here (worse than some of the "Liverpool don't play 4-3-3" comments)...

Mane missed some chances yesterday.. Happens.. Mane is just as important as Salah in the front 3. With his chemistry, speed, attack, defense, distribution, dribble. We can go lengths. He had an off day in front off goal (he did everything right but find the net)
In big games, Liverpool don't play 433. Average position maps will show you that. But in the smaller games, it's a lot more similar. Personally think it's less formations, more roles.

As for the Heskey comparison that he put in. Other than their race, there's literally no similarity.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #7023 on: December 12, 2018, 11:31:17 pm »
Lets not forget Manes foot had just been half chopped off a few days earlier.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7024 on: December 12, 2018, 11:40:15 pm »
Mr Mane will make amends on Sunday. He is itching to score.
We are Loyal Supporters

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7025 on: December 13, 2018, 12:12:10 am »
I don't rate him as highly as you do. What is wrong with that?  Do I have to form my opinions based on what you, or other people think. That is called diversity of opinions and we agree to disagree.

Thankfully the manager and the club rate him highly as I do and as many others do, hence why he is at the club and is viewed as an important player.

As I said, anyone can have an opinion, that doesn't mean that every opinion is the reflection of the truth. So as much as you have a right to state your opinion, I equally have the same right to speak about on your opinion.

You have an issue with Mane, that much is clear.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7026 on: December 13, 2018, 12:15:19 am »
Bingpot.

Just checked our average positions on the Liverpoolfc.com site and it proved that the view isn't just perception, but reality. In fact, Mane is slightly less advanced on average than Gini. Of course his goal output will be limited. Look at Salah on the other wing, for instance. Madness that the fella wants him dropped. Mane is our second top striker in a team that has undeniably swapped a few goals for more defensive rigidity.

Average position is here: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/329773-stats-liverpool-napoli-stats if anyone's interested. Mane is, in fact, level with Milly, too.

Yes he's played this role since Salah has been at the club, if you recall he was our biggest threat whilst playing on the right in his first season here [and no coincidence we were poor during the time he was out for AFCON], and since Salah's arrival he's had a lot more defensive responsibilities and tasks, tracking back and in midfield, so considering all of that, his output is at a top level.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7027 on: December 13, 2018, 12:36:52 am »
That's completely untrue. Mane scores a truckload because he creates a truckload of opportunities. He's not a poor finisher by any means but he is an incredibly inconsistent finisher. Personally, I think his move into a more no.10 like position hasn't helped him as much as he is an instinctive player. If he played 5m further up the pitch and dribbled more instead of trying to play like a passing playmaker, I think he would instantly become far more dangerous. That said, he is still a hugely valuable player and is unplayable on his day, and generally speaking, is a very high quality player.

Sorry, what exactly about my post was untrue?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7028 on: December 13, 2018, 12:44:05 am »
Sorry, what exactly about my post was untrue?

The bit about his finishing ability. He's not a great finisher and his goalscoring return isn't evidence to support the claim one way or another.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7029 on: December 13, 2018, 12:44:38 am »
Lets not forget Manes foot had just been half chopped off a few days earlier.
I'd be delighted to only have half a foot.  So would the missus.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7030 on: December 13, 2018, 03:06:41 am »
The bit about his finishing ability. He's not a great finisher and his goalscoring return isn't evidence to support the claim one way or another.

Never said he was a great finisher, said he wasn't a poor one. He also doesn't take many shots a game so his finishing obviously isn't something that detracts from his game. Could he score more goals? Sure but so could anyone in world football. He's a lot closer to a good finished than a poor one.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7031 on: December 13, 2018, 10:39:01 am »
Mane was just getting rid of his rustiness. He’ll score 2 this weekend
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7032 on: December 13, 2018, 10:42:29 am »
He should probably shoot less and pass more.
Believer

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #7033 on: December 13, 2018, 12:08:31 pm »
he is doing ok move on nothing to see here
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #7034 on: December 13, 2018, 01:59:56 pm »
Ah I see, now that Salah has shut everyone up its time to move on to Sadio.

Melts...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7035 on: December 13, 2018, 02:03:13 pm »

Melts...

But Sadio has a miles better smile.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #7036 on: December 13, 2018, 03:07:19 pm »
Sadio was doing imitation celebrations last year. Would love to see him do a mean scowl after he scores this weekend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7037 on: December 13, 2018, 03:17:02 pm »

Melts...

It's like clockwork mate

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7038 on: December 13, 2018, 04:52:57 pm »
He should probably shoot less and pass more.

Yeah free in the six yard box turn around and pass it someone else, that'll really get the likes of yourself off his back.  ::)

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7039 on: December 14, 2018, 02:08:26 am »
Mane never hides. That's why he scored at the CL final (completely carrying our team), and also why he'll score very big goals for us, irrespective of profligacy.