Author Topic: RAWK Adonis aka Fitness Thread...  (Read 234369 times)

Offline Beef

• Jerky
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK Fitness Thread...
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2005, 12:43:53 am »
Here is a question, and can I have a sensible answer.  :-X I am 15 and I weigh 13 stone. My overall height is 6 foot 2 so you can imagine that to be pretty tall. I used to eat pretty much everything in sight like choccie biscuits, crisps and I used to binge a lot on fizzy drinks which arent really that good for you, I used to eat chips a lot as well so recently I have decided to cut out all that kinda shit and just eat sensibly and eat loads of salad, fruit, tuna and pasta. I have been visiting the gym, and at home I have been doing the weights and doing plenty of sit ups, press ups and squats. I have been drinking plenty of water as this makes you feel bloated, and one of the tricks is to eat chewie as well as you have something to chew on in your mouth which isnt food.

So basically the question is would you say a 6ft2 teen (me) weighing in at 13 stone is overweight? I have been losing weight over the past few weeks and my belly and legs have gone down, so I look alright for my height and I dont think 13 stone is that heavy for someone my height, and once I lose some more weight then I will be alrite. The thing is I hate sports like footy and boxing, so this is my downfall. But what do you all do to keep the weight off? And is this overweight?

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2005, 12:50:41 am »
Ever run so far that salt deposits collect on your face? That's kinda minging (and dehydrating!)

I had that for the first time in a while yesterday. Caught up with a 10k race today and burned a few of them off . The race stewards looked well pissed off with me ducking under their barriers and chasing down the old fellas. Serves them right for staging a race on my regular route! Hahaha.

I rarely get bored running. As saltynuts said, the pain should be enough of a distraction!
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2005, 12:59:41 am »
Here is a question, and can I have a sensible answer.  :-X I am 15 and I weigh 13 stone. My overall height is 6 foot 2 so you can imagine that to be pretty tall. I used to eat pretty much everything in sight like choccie biscuits, crisps and I used to binge a lot on fizzy drinks which arent really that good for you, I used to eat chips a lot as well so recently I have decided to cut out all that kinda shit and just eat sensibly and eat loads of salad, fruit, tuna and pasta. I have been visiting the gym, and at home I have been doing the weights and doing plenty of sit ups, press ups and squats. I have been drinking plenty of water as this makes you feel bloated, and one of the tricks is to eat chewie as well as you have something to chew on in your mouth which isnt food.

So basically the question is would you say a 6ft2 teen (me) weighing in at 13 stone is overweight? I have been losing weight over the past few weeks and my belly and legs have gone down, so I look alright for my height and I dont think 13 stone is that heavy for someone my height, and once I lose some more weight then I will be alrite. The thing is I hate sports like footy and boxing, so this is my downfall. But what do you all do to keep the weight off? And is this overweight?

As a rule that's not overweight, but as you'll still be growing for a few years you'd better be careful.

I'd personally recommend not doing weights until you're at least 17 unless you're with someone older who's been training for a good while and knows their stuff - the things I was doing at that age were shite and it's fairly inevitable you'll be doing the same as teenage machoness sets in... you'll just be left overstretching muscles, not lifting things correctly and potentially harming yourself. I was lucky to be fair, in that I was very on-off with my training, so only got a few stretch marks to show for being young and clueless.

If you want to lose weight and keep it off, then CV exercise is your best bet - see what I wrote on the 'lose your belly' thread or whatever it was called from a couple of days back.

Better still, take up boxing.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Beef

• Jerky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2005, 01:07:06 am »
so only got a few stretch marks

Right, another question, up by my shoulder.. inside my arm are some small stretch marks. My arms are pretty muscuar but a little bit big, will these marks stay forever, or will they fade? At the moment they are white with small spots of red coming and going.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2005, 01:29:31 am »
Right, another question, up by my shoulder.. inside my arm are some small stretch marks. My arms are pretty muscuar but a little bit big, will these marks stay forever, or will they fade? At the moment they are white with small spots of red coming and going.

I must be psychic ;)

They're there forever lad, get used to them. You get them through either increasing size too quickly, or losing it. My guess is you've been trying too much. :wave

I'd say wait till you've finished growing, then get to the size that fits your frame, and try and stay that size.

Offline Beef

• Jerky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2005, 01:33:21 am »
They're there forever lad, get used to them. You get them through either increasing size too quickly, or losing it. My guess is you've been trying too much. :wave

It will probably have been caused because 12 months ago I was five foot and now I have grown by over a foot so I have grown a lot in a small space of time.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2005, 01:38:18 am »
It will probably have been caused because 12 months ago I was five foot and now I have grown by over a foot so I have grown a lot in a small space of time.

I would say forget about getting in shape seriously until you're 17 or 18. Until then just eat sensibly, exercise moderately and regularly and see how you develop. You can fuck yourself up doing too much too young. When you are 18 you should be able to see what sort of fitness programme will suit you.

Offline Beef

• Jerky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2005, 01:45:51 am »
I have actually been over excersising, and doing the weights more than I should. And I will stop now before it gets any worse, all my mates and family have said I am fine the way I am, and a few of me girl mates said I look nice the way I am, so really I have only got myself to blame for being so selfconcious, I am such a  :wanker and thanks for the advice everyone.

Offline Chris.

• Official Panini Swapper
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2005, 01:53:00 am »
25. Work around the house.

As opposed to fly around the house? or shall i get shut of that stair lift?

Offline Coyney

• Anny Roader
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2005, 03:19:46 pm »
I am such a  :wanker

tempted to have this as my avatar
O danny boy

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #130 on: February 1, 2006, 02:30:33 am »
OK, has anyone here got a weight/shape concern and plans to lose 15 pounds by June?

I would like to, and am looking at the type of regime that you peeps could recommend. 
I am 5' 11 and 194 lbs (13 St 12 lbs, or 88kg).  Do I need to forget weight training and just concentrate on running/cycling, or combine both, or what.....  Do I need to eat less and go hungry more often?

Cheers.

Offline Dick Winters

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: February 1, 2006, 11:41:40 am »
I have been a gaelic football coach now for three years but my role is to concentrate on the strength and conditioning of the players more than the skills and have done a few GAA and IRFU fitness and conditioning courses so have picked up quite a bit over the time.

My own training programme depends on the time of year.  Pre season is very much concentrated on muscle building; power and general stamina.  Immediately before football starts I work on speed endurance and speed training.  Also work a lot on plyomytrics to simulate a match situation.

I currently weigh 90kg and am 5'10" tall and 11% body fat.  My regime is as follows -

Monday - 4 mile hill run - completion in 30 minutes.
Tuesday - Shoulders and Back weights and 2 mile row; 15 mins on X trainer and stability ball work out for core and abs.
Wednesday - 4 mile run on flat - under 28 mins.
Thursday - Power weights work out - X train and row again.  Stability Ball.
Friday - speed endurance and sprint workout on football pitch.
Saturday - Legs/Chest/Arms work out and 7 mile easy run.  More core work.
Sunday - rest day.

During football season the running days and sprint work outs are replaced by football training with match on Sunday so Saturday is just weights.  I eat a lot of complex carbs and proteins - especially immediately after training.  However, as I am 33 this will be my last year of serious football.

I also drink 2 - 3 litres of water a day (250ml for each half hour of training) and eat loads of fruit.  Keep booze to a minimum.  Maybe once a week but more likely once a month. 

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #132 on: February 1, 2006, 11:54:07 am »
OK, has anyone here got a weight/shape concern and plans to lose 15 pounds by June?

I would like to, and am looking at the type of regime that you peeps could recommend. 
I am 5' 11 and 194 lbs (13 St 12 lbs, or 88kg).  Do I need to forget weight training and just concentrate on running/cycling, or combine both, or what.....  Do I need to eat less and go hungry more often?

Cheers.
Although I don't have any technical knowledge, I would say that doing sustained aerobic exercise (running, cycling or swimming) will be much more effective at shifting the weight than doing weights. As for diet, a combination of eating less and eating more healthily is the best method in my experience.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #133 on: February 3, 2006, 11:48:18 pm »
Thanks Dick and Phil. 

However, I doubt I can manage the 4 mile uphill in 30 minutes.  I doubt I can do 7 miles easy running either.  But I will give it a try - albeit slowly.  My problem is I have a slow metabolism, and I usually pack on weight over the December-January period when it is very cold, many gyms are closed, and it is festivity time.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #134 on: February 3, 2006, 11:56:16 pm »
Thanks Dick and Phil. 

However, I doubt I can manage the 4 mile uphill in 30 minutes.  I doubt I can do 7 miles easy running either.  But I will give it a try - albeit slowly.  My problem is I have a slow metabolism, and I usually pack on weight over the December-January period when it is very cold, many gyms are closed, and it is festivity time.

I think Dick Winters was just reeling off his own hardcore regime rather than recommending it for you ;)
I am about to start running again for the first time in months (fucked my knee up and it's only just stopped hurting). I will be aiming to start out running just a mile or two and building up the distance and speed over weeks and months. Don't go all out for a big run straight away because you'll either injure yourself or fail to get round and will want to pack it in. Start off setting yourself targets which aren't too easy but you feel that you could do it with a bit of effort. Good luck Vinay  :thumbup

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 4, 2006, 12:30:15 am »
I've lost my pace, endurance and fitness.

Oh dear whats happened?

I'm a sports student aswell!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 4, 2006, 12:52:25 am »

Cheers.

Do weights 4 times a week (one back/abs, one legs, one arms and one chest/shoulders) and do 1-2 cardio sessions. The extra muscle will help burn off the flab whilst resting. Also create a 500cal deficit ie. if you need 2500 cals for basic survival eat 2000, and split it over 5-6meals.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 4, 2006, 12:54:21 am »

Aye - I got some when I first started doing weights and put some muscle on - got some on my chest. There is a cream called Elicina that worked well for me.

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2006, 12:08:29 am »
Pulled my hamstring other day playing for college.

:'(

Offline GavRef

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2006, 12:17:41 am »
Pulled my hamstring other day playing for college.

:'(

Hammies are awful when ya get then, had it once myself, could barely move for days on end!!

Myself, am down the gym 3-4 days a week, and refereeing on the other 3 usually, so am a pretty active person. I've got my Promotion fitness test coming up in less than a fortnight, so hopefully should be passing it with flying colours *he says with fingers x'd et al.*

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2006, 12:19:32 am »
You dont need to go that many times a week.

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2006, 12:48:18 am »
looks like i'm gonna have to risk the gym if my shoulder stays buggered as i can't cycle properly with it like this. gonna try and stick to two or three swim sets either kicking or one armed and then maybe gym once a week and build my legs muscles up some and get on the bike and maybe the step machine.

that sound ok to stay fairly fit till i'm back training properly?
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2006, 09:48:04 am »
What does the doc/physio say about the shoulder saph (I dont know how bad it is, thats why I ask)? I tend to bugger my shoulder every couple of months, but I usually rest it for about a week and then go back and do some light weights on it before getting back into my old routine.

If the shoulder isnt too bad then swimming is ok as it puts less pressure on the joints than usual, just remember to rest well in between and eat well and you should be fine.

Offline Dick Winters

• Kopite
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2006, 11:16:43 am »
My problem is I have a slow metabolism, and I usually pack on weight over the December-January period when it is very cold, many gyms are closed, and it is festivity time.

Seriously the more training you do the quicker your metabolism will become.  I don't know the science of why it happens but I believe it happens.  So, don't worry about that.  That will improve.  It will just take time.  I also think that getting out running or cycling will cut the beef off - it's much more enjoyable than being stuck in the gym. 

looks like i'm gonna have to risk the gym if my shoulder stays buggered as i can't cycle properly with it like this. gonna try and stick to two or three swim sets either kicking or one armed and then maybe gym once a week and build my legs muscles up some and get on the bike and maybe the step machine.

that sound ok to stay fairly fit till i'm back training properly?

It sounds like you have damaged scar tissue within the shoulder and that will always flare up when you aggravate it.  Going to the gym sounds good as long as you don't aggravate the shoulder.  Have you not got any light weight exercises from a physio to help build shoulder up again?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2006, 11:26:46 am »
Seriously the more training you do the quicker your metabolism will become.  I don't know the science of why it happens but I believe it happens.

The more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism is when resting as it uses up more calories (I think - but I do know for sure that if you have more muscle your BMR rises).

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2006, 04:41:28 pm »
gonna try and stick to two or three swim sets either kicking or one armed
won't you just go round in circles? :P

Offline liverpoolpaddy's son

• test
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2006, 05:10:43 pm »
going to play 5 a sides tonite. gonna kill me as I haven't exercised in about a year
"He shall come again with glory... of His kingdom there shall be no end"

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2006, 05:25:37 pm »

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2006, 07:43:32 pm »
Started circuit training yesterday, so that will add on to my regular regime to look something like the following:

Monday - Gym
Tuesday - Gym + circuit training
Wednesday - Football match
Thursday - Gym and circuit training
Friday - rest
Saturday - rest
Sunday - Football match

Gym sessions are normally about 2 hours in length, mainly weights work, split between back/bi, chest / tri, and shoulders / legs sessions, with a 30 minute abs workout on the end.
I'm currently on the Creatine too, just using it as a boost 'cause I haven't trained for 2 months over the Christmas period.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 02:41:06 pm by Col »

Offline JohnLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2006, 02:34:09 pm »
Just started me fitness programme.
Jogged for 10 minutes, nearly collapsed
and me right nipples in fuckin bulk.
Does it get easier???
UP THE REDS

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2006, 02:39:40 pm »
Go a bit easier on yourself - start with walking, improve diet (if not already done) and increase water intake to 4-5litres per day (drank gradually).

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2006, 02:43:41 pm »
I'm playing footie (pretty high level) twice a week. And I walk a lot. Diet good, if a bit rich. However, I do like my pints.

I need to get rid of a little weight (face and belly) in one month.

Help required here.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2006, 03:03:20 pm »
I'm playing footie (pretty high level) twice a week. And I walk a lot. Diet good, if a bit rich. However, I do like my pints.

I need to get rid of a little weight (face and belly) in one month.

Help required here.

How much - because you wont go from beer gut to 6 pack in a month. But anyway, here is some advice:

Go to the gym - get 4 split body sessions in there - chest/shoulders, bicep/tricep, back/abs and legs. make sure these do not last for longer than an hour, as testosterone levels drop after that, and have a post workout shake.

Multiply your bodyweight in kgs by 29 (eg I am 85kgs so for me it would be 2465) and minus that figure by 500 - that is the amount of calories you should intake per non-football playing day (for footy days add 300 extra calories), and 45% of the calories should come from carbs, 40% from protein and 15% from fat. Split your daily calorie requirement over 5-6 meals, as this helps reduce insulin spikes from the standard 3 meals per day (have a protein shake/yoghurt, as that counts as a 'meal') - for example if your daily calorie requirement was 2000 then you could have the following diet:

Breakfast - 200ml milk with 30g porridge with 2 weetabix (crushed) in the porridge with tea = 450 cals.

Morning snack - protein shake/bar = 250 cals

Lunch - Healthy eating tuna sandwich with salad (300 cals) with yoghurt (mullerrice plain, pro-bio yoghurt 200cals) = 500 cals

Afternoon snack - almonds and some fruit = 150 cals

Pre-workout - banana = 100 cals

Post workout - protein shake = 300 cals

Dinner - Pasta with chicken in tomato sauce with salad = 250 cals

And drink plenty of water throughout the day - about 4-5ltrs of water per day (gradually increase intake) - this will also help fatloss.

Regarding the booze - try to stick to once a week (on a rest day), and have one cheat meal per week to make you feel sane!

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2006, 03:26:33 pm »
Sounds good. And you seem to know what you are on about. Cheers.
I have 'a bit of a gut' and nothing more. But I am aware of it and it pisses me off.

The fitness, I have time to develope. But would like to lose a few pounds between now and St.Patricks Day.
Any tips on quick weight loss?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2006, 06:54:21 pm »
Any tips on quick weight loss?

First of all, what is your body fat % (you can find this out in most gyms as they have one of those scales). If it is under 15%, then you could consider a fatburner - I am using Thermobol (also a good one to take pre-workout as I have found it gives me a bit of a boost) at the mo (my bf% is 11.1 from 11.9 three weeks back) to get it into single figures, and so far it seems to be helping me (you will feel a bit weird taking it at first, but that feeling goes away after a day or too, but if it persists then stop). Admittedly it is slightly more of a medium term than short term, but there should be some short-term effects though.

The water one is another good one, but if you want to loose weight fast then the best way would be to quite literally live like a monk until St Paddy's day - that is no booze, fast food etc and carefully monitor food intake - should take about a week or two to notice anything, but can still help you shed some of the gut. Maybe change the previous protein/carb/fat ratio from earlier to 50% protein, 35% carb and 15% fat to help hasten the fat loss, but isn't a good combo in the long run.

A good energy drink is viper (by Maximuscle) - you can get sachets for £1.25 at Taits on Dale St so you can try it out and it has worked really well for me, get a few sachets first though to see if it does anything for you, you can get a tub of it that works out at about £1 per serving, which is about the cost of a bottle of lucozade - it has given me far more energy when training and it helps me get more out of footy and training.

Also, try to get good rest - that is 8hrs of sleep per night. A protein shake mixed with milk has been known to help with fatloss, but I have no personal experience of this, but it is a suggestion.

A training tip I found when I got back into it from 3 months out due to injury was when doing sets (for example 3 sets of bicep curls) I would do 8 reps of a light weight, 10 of a heavier weight and 12 of an even heavier weight (eg 8 reps on 10kg, 10 reps on 12.5kg and 12 reps on 15kg) - it takes it out of you (good energy drink needed here!), but it was effective for me as it helped increase my lean muscle mass (therefore helping me burn off fat), but I wouldn't recommend persisting with that type of routine for longer than 2 months as it really takes it out of you.

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2006, 07:02:32 pm »
ok,. I need a kick up the arse (My fat one),. I am 35 and I am 6ft and 19 stone (Spot on!).
I just want to lose wieght,. but to be honest where do I start with regards to exercise?  I have started eating healty stuff, I actually like salad/Fish etc,.. and I dont really drink achohol, I usually have one or two every few weeks, and sometimes go months without it at all. I think that my problem is that I have been in a "Sit Down" job for the last 10 years.  Would appreciatte any help on how to kickstart a healthier lifestyle, for the sake of my lad and girl.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2006, 07:21:24 pm »
ok,. I need a kick up the arse (My fat one),. I am 35 and I am 6ft and 19 stone (Spot on!).
I just want to lose wieght,. but to be honest where do I start with regards to exercise?  I have started eating healty stuff, I actually like salad/Fish etc,.. and I dont really drink achohol, I usually have one or two every few weeks, and sometimes go months without it at all. I think that my problem is that I have been in a "Sit Down" job for the last 10 years.  Would appreciatte any help on how to kickstart a healthier lifestyle, for the sake of my lad and girl.

Here is some advice:

Go to the gym - get 4 split body sessions in there - chest/shoulders, bicep/tricep, back/abs and legs. make sure these do not last for longer than an hour, as testosterone levels drop after that, and have a post workout shake.

Multiply your bodyweight in kgs by 29 (eg I am 85kgs so for me it would be 2465) and minus that figure by 500 - that is the amount of calories you should intake per non-football playing day (for footy days add 300 extra calories), and 45% of the calories should come from carbs, 40% from protein and 15% from fat. Split your daily calorie requirement over 5-6 meals, as this helps reduce insulin spikes from the standard 3 meals per day (have a protein shake/yoghurt, as that counts as a 'meal') - for example if your daily calorie requirement was 2000 then you could have the following diet:

Breakfast - 200ml milk with 30g porridge with 2 weetabix (crushed) in the porridge with tea = 450 cals.

Morning snack - protein shake/bar = 250 cals

Lunch - Healthy eating tuna sandwich with salad (300 cals) with yoghurt (mullerrice plain, pro-bio yoghurt 200cals) = 500 cals

Afternoon snack - almonds and some fruit = 150 cals

Pre-workout - banana = 100 cals

Post workout - protein shake = 300 cals

Dinner - Pasta with chicken in tomato sauce with salad = 250 cals

And drink plenty of water throughout the day - about 4-5ltrs of water per day (gradually increase intake) - this will also help fatloss.

Hope that helps ya - PS if you could post a typical day's diet that would help a lot :)

Offline kingkop182

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2006, 07:37:42 pm »
Hope that helps ya - PS if you could post a typical day's diet that would help a lot :)

Great advise, particularly the diet.

If anybody wants to see a detailed example of a weightloss program have a look at the following website it's very inspiring;

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/

Have a read about the guy's history, he was in bad shape before hand and is a great example of dedication and what can be acheived

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2006, 10:18:44 pm »
Great advise, particularly the diet.

If anybody wants to see a detailed example of a weightloss program have a look at the following website it's very inspiring;

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/

Have a read about the guy's history, he was in bad shape before hand and is a great example of dedication and what can be acheived

Bloody amazing that,.. you can see the results just after a couple of months.

Right,. I will have to get a diet together, and start using the exercise bike,..

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #159 on: June 1, 2006, 10:33:22 am »
I want to gain muscle and get fitter, any advice on best ways to get results.

I have been using a weight resistance multi gym type thing for my upper body and want to work on it further.

Anyadvice on what I can do