Author Topic: Train strikes  (Read 2162 times)

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Train strikes
« on: September 16, 2022, 03:57:47 pm »
Trains strikes just announced for 1 October (Brighton at home), and October 5 (day after Rangers evening home game).

This will affect quite a few fans I imagine.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: Train strikes
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 04:58:59 pm »
Was meant to get train from Birmngham in the morning and down to London after, really stuck now

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 05:31:07 pm »
Was meant to get train from Birmngham in the morning and down to London after, really stuck now
was looking at trains from glasgow earlier too although I have vowed never to get that train again, been cancelled every time I have got it
YNWA

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 11:23:33 pm »

Tactical error targeting a day when footy fans rely on the network. Attacking their core support.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 07:51:25 pm »
They've done it to coincide with the Tory conference I think.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 05:04:12 pm »
Saturday 22 October (Forest away) and Sunday 6 November (Spurs away) now announced by RMT.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 10:36:17 pm »

Offline ewok-red-97

• Main Stander
  • go easy, step lightly, stay free
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2022, 09:06:27 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/18/network-rail-staff-and-rmt-members-to-strike-again-in-november?

The next strike days announced: 3, 5 and 7 November on top of those taking place on October 22 and November 6. The new dates don't majorly overlap with any of our games.

Solidarity with the RMT. Disgraceful behaviour from Network Rail and the Government.

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 07:05:31 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/18/network-rail-staff-and-rmt-members-to-strike-again-in-november?

The next strike days announced: 3, 5 and 7 November on top of those taking place on October 22 and November 6. The new dates don't majorly overlap with any of our games.

Solidarity with the RMT. Disgraceful behaviour from Network Rail and the Government.

The strike on 3 November has been moved to 9 November which is the day of the Derby League Cup match

Online LFCStuart

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2022, 09:57:28 pm »
The strike on 3 November has been moved to 9 November which is the day of the Derby League Cup match

I only found out about this earlier today. I should be ok getting to Liverpool as I'm travelling down by coach but I need to get to Manchester Coach Station after the match for the coach to Glasgow. No coaches run from Liverpool at that time so my only option is going to be a taxi - anyone recommend a reliable firm for a cab from Liverpool to Manc?  Thanks.

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2022, 09:03:57 am »
I only found out about this earlier today. I should be ok getting to Liverpool as I'm travelling down by coach but I need to get to Manchester Coach Station after the match for the coach to Glasgow. No coaches run from Liverpool at that time so my only option is going to be a taxi - anyone recommend a reliable firm for a cab from Liverpool to Manc?  Thanks.

Have you tried contacting the Glasgow Reds OLSC. I know they car share so might have a spare space